PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Dallas-Coyotes game?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Holy crap there were a lot of empty seats.

whkfc
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Just move,that team already

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Here is the best picture I could find:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/129024279/National-Hockey-League

JD
10-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Hmm..why is that?

Demon
10-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Hmm..why is that?

Texas Rangers had a home playoff game like 30 miles away...

G Wolly
10-11-2011, 11:06 PM

MLB Playoffs or a regular season NHL game in October?

I'm sure most of the area paid attention to the playoffs.

...or nascar

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-12-2011, 05:31 AM

Good call, didn't realize that. I am watching the game and I just couldn't believe there wasn't anyone there. I have been corrected.

SabreEleven
10-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Just move,that team already

i don't remember hearing any talk of moving Dallas

OpIv37
10-12-2011, 07:21 AM

Dallas-Ft Worth is large enough that they should have been able to fill both arenas.

rbochan
10-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Attendance: 6,306

Mski
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
i don't remember hearing any talk of moving Dallasthey just filed for chapter 11 protection

HopefulBillsFan
10-13-2011, 02:50 AM
I can understand the Rangers argument.. to an extent. But that is pathetic. The Rochester Amerks could do better in a state of emergency.

trapezeus
10-13-2011, 08:35 AM
remember, the lesson for all sports owners here is to move to the largest cities without regard for who actually likes the product.

in some ways i don't want dallas moving because that makes the stanley cup loss that much more painful. All the news coverage will be about how they won a cup and they'll show the no goal 1000 times. No thanks. make them stay and stop that spectacle.

on the other hand, if you had a bills playoff game and a sabres game at the same time in January at night, i still think the sabrse put more peopl ein the seats.

ddaryl
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
That's pathetic..

ddaryl
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
on the other hand, if you had a bills playoff game and a sabres game at the same time in January at night, i still think the sabrse put more peopl ein the seats.

??????????????? I'm a little perplexed by this statement.... I personally think it's a no brainier the Bills sell out a playoff game in January no matter what time

OpIv37
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
??????????????? I'm a little perplexed by this statement.... I personally think it's a no brainier the Bills sell out a playoff game in January no matter what time

he didn't mean the Sabres would pull more people than the Bills. He meant the Sabres would pull more than Dallas did even if the game was during a Bills playoff game.

trapezeus
10-13-2011, 02:28 PM
yeah, that didn't read well, sorry. i meant if the bills were in the playoffs, i thought more than 6,000 people would still show up to the sabres game. Afterall, we can't all get seats to the bills playoffs.

and the lame thing is that the bills is a one or done situation. so if the games were the same time, sabres fans could be missing their shot at seeing the bills for the remainder of the season. The rangers, on the other hand, were playing game 3. Not an elimination game.

The real answer is probably that there was high school football practice. you know how those texans are about their sons trying to get into some college that you could get into without trying. "OOOOO, Cletus, look at nebraska, South Florida state. I need you to get a scholarship to this school that otherwise just hands out diplomas to anyone.!"

end of texas dig

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-14-2011, 05:24 AM
I really think if the Bills were in a playoff game, the Sabres game would still sell out. But we are talking about a baseball game, not football.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2011, 07:46 AM
So the game was in Dallas too. thinking it was in Pheonix.

Mski
10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
remember, the lesson for all sports owners here is to move to the largest cities without regard for who actually likes the product.

in some ways i don't want dallas moving because that makes the stanley cup loss that much more painful. All the news coverage will be about how they won a cup and they'll show the no goal 1000 times. No thanks. make them stay and stop that spectacle.

on the other hand, if you had a bills playoff game and a sabres game at the same time in January at night, i still think the sabrse put more peopl ein the seats.people would probably buy tickets to both, and do the buffalo double header

trapezeus
10-14-2011, 08:55 AM
in my example, the bills were getting that night saturday game. So you have to pick either the bills or the sabres. You still think people are selling out the sabres game in that scenario? Just asking. I think the stadium would be half full and i bet the sabres would be piping in highlights on the jumbotron.

i can only wish that one day we get into this dilema.

OpIv37
10-14-2011, 09:02 AM
in my example, the bills were getting that night saturday game. So you have to pick either the bills or the sabres. You still think people are selling out the sabres game in that scenario? Just asking. I think the stadium would be half full and i bet the sabres would be piping in highlights on the jumbotron.

i can only wish that one day we get into this dilema.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres game technically sold out, because a lot of the tickets would be sold before people knew when the Bills playoff game would be. But I do think the crowd would be a little light.

The nightmare scenario would be a Sabres game against the Leafs during a Bills playoff game. We'd be South Toronto for that one.