• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Bills Zone's new look

What do you think? http://www.billszone.com/

First of all thanks to Bedard for the hours he put into the redesign of our front page. And thanks to the amazing admin team who put this together.

Secondly no more news, just originals. Enough news gets reported on several sources and many of you don't even use the front page for news, so we decided to go in this direction.

We feel that it's more important to promote the great writing team we have here at the Zone than it is to republish the Wawrow article for the millionth time.

Want to write for the Zone? Then drop us a line or a PM.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Bills Zone's new look

Not working for me.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

It's clean & classy, nice work.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Works now.

For not having done anything on it, I won't be critical.

For the most part I like it a lot. Maybe the header banner a bit smaller but I like it.

Great work King! Thanks!

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

the teams icons and header seems a little pixelated
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

It's a work in progress... It'sgoing to take some getting used to after seeing our FP over the years but the fact of the matter was a lot of our FP was out of date and really difficult to edit. Alot of things from 08-09 that never got swapped out... this new format will allow us to get in and out quickly and effeciently.

I'd like to add more media over time... things like photo's avatars and desktops. This new platform gives us great way to roll that stuff out.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by King Bedard
              It's a work in progress... It'sgoing to take some getting used to after seeing our FP over the years but the fact of the matter was a lot of our FP was out of date and really difficult to edit. Alot of things from 08-09 that never got swapped out... this new format will allow us to get in and out quickly and effeciently.

I'd like to add more media over time... things like photo's avatars and desktops. This new platform gives us great way to roll that stuff out.
              Yeah, the only thing I would suggest to make it better would be a few photos, but overall I like it, it's a good look and it's got the right colours...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Looks good boys!

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

Header is pixilated and a bit large, perhaps a result of resizing it. Also seems to be a bit much space between "original" heading text and first article and generally a lot of empty space, but overall much better than before. And the schedule is updated!
                  Last edited by BAM; 10-11-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• ajsdx
                    • Aug 2003

The design looks great overall and is a big improvement...but it looks like a blog. I'm not sure if that's what you're going for, but I feel like a more traditional format with links to articles grouped by type might be more appropriate. Maybe a sidebar with all the featured writers as a kind of archive?

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BAM
                      Header is pixilated and a bit large, perhaps a result of resizing it. Also seems to be a bit much space between "original" heading text and first article and generally a lot of empty space, but overall much better than before. And the schedule is updated!
                      We're kind of forced into a template... these are areas we can't control.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ajsdx
                        The design looks great overall and is a big improvement...but it looks like a blog. I'm not sure if that's what you're going for, but I feel like a more traditional format with links to articles grouped by type might be more appropriate. Maybe a sidebar with all the featured writers as a kind of archive?
                        I don't believe this was a thread intended for a bunch of ideas. Unless you are farming out your services?
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• ajsdx
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by hydro
                          I don't believe this was a thread intended for a bunch of ideas. Unless you are farming out your services?
                          No? NBF's first sentence in the OP is "what do you think?"
                          Am I just supposed to say good, bad, or indifferent?

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by hydro
                            Hmmm... The question "What do you think?" kind of opens things up for suggestions, constructive criticisms, etc. don't you think?

Comment

• hydro
                              • Oct 2005

Alright
                              BERNIAC!

Comment

Working...
                              X