PDA

View Full Version : stevie johnson

cgbm
10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
question!!!

how come stevie j hasnt dont some outlandish stuff like the tee shirt, hair doo, joker paint or anthing else like that.

do you think that makes him loose his "swagger"

hes great but i want the stevie back from last season.

am i wrong

imbondz
10-11-2011, 09:34 AM
he's 4-1, so whatever he's doing this season I like better.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
OBVIOUSLY but dont you miss the excitement of his antics?

I do.

and absolutely every person on this board would rather us be 4-1 with a lame stevie then 0-5 with an exciting stevie.

just a topic!

imbondz
10-11-2011, 09:39 AM
ha. then yes I like crazy Stevie. as long as it's funny like last year, I hate cocky/arrogant antics in the end zone

cgbm
10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
i totaly agree. hes gotta keep it cool and funny like that with a lack of mouth trash.

thats what i loved about it. all of it was subtle and you only knew if you watched the game.

i want more.

MikeInRoch
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Nope. I fill that need with the excitement of winning.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Nope. I fill that need with the excitement of winning.

like the quote says... OBVIOUSLY!!!!

Mahdi
10-11-2011, 10:07 AM
IMO, Stevie Johnson is not a big enough focus of the offense and that is the reason we aren't quite consistent from half to half.

Stevie can be a dominant receiver but the game plan is designed to spread the ball around a bit too much.

Spreading the ball around is great of course but sometimes you need to just give it to your go to guy more.

Nelson is also not used enough. Our offense runs smooth when he is involved.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
TRUE THAT

BillsWin
10-11-2011, 11:14 AM
He has tweeted the past two weeks that he has some things planned for a TD but he's been held at bay. If he gets in this week he might do something like the old Stevie.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
He needs to get paid first as of now he couldn't afford the fine so he's toned it down till then.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
He has tweeted the past two weeks that he has some things planned for a TD but he's been held at bay. If he gets in this week he might do something like the old Stevie.

THATS A GOOD LOOKING ####### LOOKING KITTIE RIGHT THERE!!!!

Cntrygal
10-11-2011, 11:44 AM

No.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
No.

why not.

you dont think its fun or funny?

Cntrygal
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
why not.

you dont think its fun or funny?

First, I don't like scripted celebrations.
Second, I prefer professionalism (ie. "act like you've been there before")

I don't mind excitement and enthusiasm... but instead of scripting a celebration, script how to get the score/win.

Extremebillsfan247
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Stevie Johnson is a spur of the moment kind of guy. Maybe an opportunity to be spontaneous hasn't presented itself yet from his point of view. I think he just wants to put more of an emphasis on winning, putting team first, show more maturity, etc. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get from him this year.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
First, I don't like scripted celebrations.
Second, I prefer professionalism (ie. "act like you've been there before")

I don't mind excitement and enthusiasm... but instead of scripting a celebration, script how to get the score/win.

you want professionalism........ be a lawyer.

this is football and in the NFL its about entertainment.

celebrations have a huge part in football. and characters have a huge part in the game.

we have a character that is classy and smart. doesnt get penalties. does it non chalant. and does it at the right time (ie. when he scores/wins.)

if that isnt something that you appreciate or like then maybe this isnt the thread for you.

i just dont see how thats possible since your a bills fan. and after over a decade of sucking, we are finally winning / scoring. and the little bit of fun that stevie has with it just ads to everything. IMO of course....

Cntrygal
10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
you want professionalism........ be a lawyer.

this is football and in the NFL its about entertainment.

celebrations have a huge part in football. and characters have a huge part in the game.

we have a character that is classy and smart. doesnt get penalties. does it non chalant. and does it at the right time (ie. when he scores/wins.)

if that isnt something that you appreciate or like then maybe this isnt the thread for you.

i just dont see how thats possible since your a bills fan. and after over a decade of sucking, we are finally winning / scoring. and the little bit of fun that stevie has with it just ads to everything. IMO of course....

:rolleyes:

You asked why I felt the way I did.... I have already read how YOU feel on the subject. I did not ask you to critique how I feel on the matter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... if you don't want the explanation, don't ask for it. Oh and for the "maybe this isnt the thread for you", reread your own original question.

trapezeus
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
he could just be toning it down because the team is winning as a unit and the games themselves are just more fun for the players. Whereas last year, they were getting thumped and the celebrations helped the team when morale was low.

its not really a stevie johnson show this year at all. and as a result, he doesn't really need to do anything more.

i always like a good celebration, but i kind of like that he's more about the game right now. means he won't be a headache if he doesn't get a certain amount of touches...it's all working out.

bluerosekiller
10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Like the gentlemen said, The Bills are winning as a team. So, why bring extra attention to one specific cog in the machine when it's running so well?

Yeah, all that stuff was fun last year, but maybe that dropped pass against The Steelers made him realize that it's too much of a duel edged sword. Who needs the distractions?

And yeah, I much prefer this kind of solid, quiet professionalism.
Want more hype & crazy antics for your time & money?
There's always the WWE.

mayotm
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I like Stevie's lack of an attitude. You haven't heard him piss and moan about not getting the ball much the past two weeks. Rather refreshing for a #1 receiver.

cgbm
10-11-2011, 01:24 PM
these are all good points.

is it possible for him to be this team oriented player and still have the subtle funnies on the side.

i enjoyed them. and i know other people out there did too.

but theres no comments from those guys anywhere.

trapezeus
10-11-2011, 02:03 PM
the bills offense kind of has a three muskateers charm that it didn't last year. they seem to like this "no name offense". And the fact that jones has had big games, nelson has big games, chandler has big games, fred has big games, the line is playing well, they might just feel like a family.

last team in buffalo that felt like a family and didn't celebrate much despite putting up a lot of points on the board was ok by my books.

BillsOwnAll
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I think more teams should have "team" celebrations. Not as a group but like old school flacons when ANYONE who scored did the same celebration. I wish atlanta would bring back the dirty bird!

ddaryl
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
if he does that stuff all the itme it becomes boring and a distraction.. if it pops out on occasion it has substance

cgbm
10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
if he does that stuff all the itme it becomes boring and a distraction.. if it pops out on occasion it has substance

thats a real good point. i didnt think of that....