PDA

View Full Version : Donald Jones Out 4-6 Weeks

Ed
10-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but I saw this briefly scroll across the bottom of espn last night. Can anyone confirm what his injury is? I'm assuming some kind of ankle sprain.

I'm wondering if we'll make any significant move at WR, or just roll with Roosevelt and Martin.

I believe the ticker also said that Bell and Kelsay our out for this week.

psubills62
10-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but I saw this briefly scroll across the bottom of espn last night. Can anyone confirm what his injury is? I'm assuming some kind of ankle sprain.

I'm wondering if we'll make any significant move at WR, or just roll with Roosevelt and Martin.

I believe the ticker also said that Bell and Kelsay our out for this week.
I saw high ankle sprain, which is never good for a skill player.

Sucks that we're running into all these injuries at WR.

Dujek
10-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Damn, that's not good. I think we need to go out and try and get someone.

Wonder if the Ravens want their 4th round pick back?

EDS
10-11-2011, 10:10 AM
I think they are fine with what they have. Smith and Spiller can use more playing time anyway.

zone
10-11-2011, 10:13 AM
move Aiken up from the practice squad. I liked what we saw from him in pre-season.

BAM
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I think they are fine with what they have. Smith and Spiller can use more playing time anyway.

Bingo. I'd love to see them both in there more for sure! At this point there's no need to go get a WR.

RedEyE
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Would love to see Smith more involved in the passing scheme. If not, Ruvell Martin seems to be a bigger target than Jones anyway.

EDS
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Would love to see Smith more involved in the passing scheme. If not, Ruvell Martin seems to be a bigger target than Jones anyway.

I think they need some speed outside to open up the middle. Given how little work Spiller gets at RB might as well use his speed to stretch the D on passing plays.

acehole
10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
We will be using that pick to acquire a player....

Stay tuned.

Wonder if the Ravens want their 4th round pick back?

TacklingDummy
10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
TO

Night Train
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
move Aiken up from the practice squad. I liked what we saw from him in pre-season.

The guy caught everything at camp. Why not give him a chance ?

NOT THE DUDE...
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
they already have 5 wide so they might no add a player, smith will just fill in along with naaman. i have high hopes for naaman, he reminds me of andre reed with his rac and speed after the catch... we should be fine with johnson, nelson, roosevelt and smith. jones should be back for the cowboys game. thats a month from now.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
The issue with losing Jones isn't that we dont have a capable WR replacement its that we dont have another speed option? Jones was the player we used to keep defenses honest with deep shots. Without him on Sunday PHI closed down on the box and our offense stalled badly.

We need a WR to take the top off the coverage.

Extremebillsfan247
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Wonder if the Ravens want their 4th round pick back? I think the Bills will most likely alter their offensive game plan some to compensate. We will probably see Nelson step into that role, and Chandler getting more involved in the receiving game until Jones gets back. JMO

psubills62
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Steve Johnson has the ability to go deep, but he's so good at the short and intermediate stuff that I'd rather not see him needing to be used in that role of a deep threat.

I'd love to see more wheel routes out of the backfield for Spiller.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Steve Johnson has the ability to go deep, but he's so good at the short and intermediate stuff that I'd rather not see him needing to be used in that role of a deep threat.

I'd love to see more wheel routes out of the backfield for Spiller.

Been waiting for that since the Patriots game.

justasportsfan
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
The issue with losing Jones isn't that we dont have a capable WR replacement its that we dont have another speed option? Jones was the player we used to keep defenses honest with deep shots. Without him on Sunday PHI closed down on the box and our offense stalled badly.

exactly.

Beebe's Kid
10-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Jones is also our best blocking WR by far. He is strong as hell, and it really hurts losing him.

DesertFox24
10-11-2011, 12:50 PM

We could use Spiller as the deep threat.

Extremebillsfan247
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
We could use Spiller as the deep threat.The only problem with that idea is that Spiller isn't a wide receiver. If you split him wide, defenses will instantly roll secondary coverage to his side of the field, and would still be able to stack the box to prevent a screen, or run. Spiller would only work in that roll if he were used in it sparingly. That won't be good enough to keep defenses honest. JMO

justasportsfan
10-11-2011, 01:11 PM
We could use Spiller as the deep threat.

he won't be much of a deep threat that Evans was.

RedEyE
10-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I think they need some speed outside to open up the middle. Given how little work Spiller gets at RB might as well use his speed to stretch the D on passing plays.

Brad Smith is the way to go IMO. He is already underutilized in this offense as is. The wildcat formations are great and everything but he needs more time at WR. Gailey could even formulate formation shifts and different pass options with Smith on the field.

The Jokeman
10-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Brad Smith is the way to go IMO. He is already underutilized in this offense as is. The wildcat formations are great and everything but he needs more time at WR. Gailey could even formulate formation shifts and different pass options with Smith on the field.
I'm not sure the Bills would risk Smith to getting hurt and that's why limit to him to about 5-10 touches a game. If McGee can play I suspect we'll dump Wheatley or Rogers and pursue someone else. Yet think with us signing another WR to the practice squad we might just bring up Aiken and than re-sign the CB we cut to the practice squad.

acehole
10-12-2011, 06:59 AM
they already have 5 wide so they might no add a player, smith will just fill in along with naaman. i have high hopes for naaman, he reminds me of andre reed with his rac and speed after the catch... we should be fine with johnson, nelson, roosevelt and smith. jones should be back for the cowboys game. thats a month from now.

that would mean we are only 5th dimentional offense.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Through 5 games it amazes me that some people still think we need Evans or a deep threat.

Hopefully Namaan can step up in Jones' absence because Ruvell Martin blows.

acehole
10-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Through 5 games it amazes me that some people still think we need Evans or a deep threat.

Hopefully Namaan can step up in Jones' absence because Ruvell Martin blows.

We dont need that premadonna Dinosuar (Joke)...but we do need to stretch the field a bit more...we have guys who can do that...but we don't much.