PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Time

better days
10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Fox yanked Orton last Sunday & put in Tebow. IMO he did that with the idea of shutting up the Tebow fans after they saw Tebow play with no preparation.

Well, Tebow did what he does, he is a GAMER & almost led the Broncos back to win the game. Fox now has no option but to start Tebow because when he was given the chance, Tebow showed he is the better QB.

I think this situation is much like the Edwards situation in Buffalo last year. Both Edwards & Orton were given EVERY opportunity to succeed & both failed miserably.

Now Tebow has the opportunity to prove his detractors wrong just as Fitz did in Buffalo. Tebow will start this Sunday in Miami before a Stadium full of his fans.

OpIv37
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Fox yanked Orton last Sunday & put in Tebow. IMO he did that with the idea of shutting up the Tebow fans after they saw Tebow play with no preparation.

Well, Tebow did what he does, he is a GAMER & almost led the Broncos back to win the game. Fox now has no option but to start Tebow because when he was given the chance, Tebow showed he is the better QB.

I think this situation is much like the Edwards situation in Buffalo last year. Both Edwards & Orton were given EVERY opportunity to succeed & both failed miserably.

Now Tebow has the opportunity to prove his detractors wrong just as Fitz did in Buffalo. Tebow will start this Sunday in Miami before a Stadium full of his fans.

There is never a full stadium in Miami.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM
All I hear whenever Tebow is talked about is;

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41375_1489053816_2243_n.jpg
Timmay!

better days
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
There is never a full stadium in Miami.

Yeah, & that is why Miami has resorted to having GATOR day even though it is FAR from Gainesville & is The Hurricanes homefield.

There are not that many Gator fans in the Miami area but I expect a good number of Gator fans from all over the State of Florida to travel to Miami for this game.

Gator fans travel WELL.

better days
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM
All I hear whenever Tebow is talked about is;

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41375_1489053816_2243_n.jpg
Timmay!

Well, you better get used to hearing it, because you will be hearing it a lot from now on.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Well, you better get used to hearing it, because you will be hearing it a lot from now on.

3-4 more weeks and then it will be on the next one.

better days
10-11-2011, 11:44 AM
3-4 more weeks and then it will be on the next one.

Like many times before I believe you will be proved wrong again.

justasportsfan
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
IMO, Tebow is a bigger/stronger version of Flutie. Horrible organized football qb's who strive with adlibs. Not the greatest camp qb's but do better on gameday when they improvise.

A guy like Chan could make Tebow a good qb.

Bill Cody
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I think Tebow is better than a lot of people think. He might not win any style points but he has something. On the other hand he's got a long ways to go so the haters have to cut him some slack. Just remember football is a very emotional game. If he can make some plays he'll get the fans charged up and his teammates charged up and that will lead to games won. And that folks is the rub.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Like many times before I believe you will be proved wrong again.

Yes and then Timmay will rise to the heavens and the prophecy will have been fulfilled.

Or better yet when he fails, which I think he will, you won't talk about it and just act like it never happened.

Im not even a big anti-Tebow guy.

JoeMama
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
And it's official.

Tebow the new starter in Denver.

:getyourpopcornready:

How fitting that he plays in a city where he's one mile closer to God.

better days
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Yes and then Timmay will rise to the heavens and the prophecy will have been fulfilled.

Or better yet when he fails, which I think he will, you won't talk about it and just act like it never happened.

Im not even a big anti-Tebow guy.

Well that post is just TOTAL BS. There is no bigger anti-Tebow guy on this board!!!

You said he was not an NFL QB before the draft & said he was not better than a 5th or 6th rnd pick.

I said he would be picked by the 2nd rnd & could be picked in the 1st. You ridiculed that like you are ridiculing his starting this Sunday.

Well come week 5 we will see who has the last laugh. If he is not starting by then you will be proven right, but if he is the starter week 5 you will be proven wrong yet again about Tebow.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Well that post is just TOTAL BS. There is no bigger anti-Tebow guy on this board!!!

You said he was not an NFL QB before the draft & said he was not better than a 5th or 6th rnd pick.

I said he would be picked by the 2nd rnd & could be picked in the 1st. You ridiculed that like you are ridiculing his starting this Sunday.

Well come week 5 we will see who has the last laugh. If he is not starting by then you will be proven right, but if he is the starter week 5 you will be proven wrong yet again about Tebow.

He's already been named the starter so what the hell are you yammering on about exactly?

Jesus (oh **** is that offensive now when mentioned with Tebow?), learn to take a joke and a friggin chill pill.

Also he's not an NFL QB, Kiper said it best on Sunday, he's throws the prettiest passes of all the Hbacks in the NFL.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I mean I have Jesus as my avatar for Christ's sake.

Badass Jesus but Jesus none the less.

Though he doesn't look like Timmay, so maybe its not Jesus? Now Im just all kinds of confused.

bf1
10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Besides the fact he's Christian, is there any other reason to dislike him?

better days
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
He's already been named the starter so what the hell are you yammering on about exactly?

Jesus (oh **** is that offensive now when mentioned with Tebow?), learn to take a joke and a friggin chill pill.

Also he's not an NFL QB, Kiper said it best on Sunday, he's throws the prettiest passes of all the Hbacks in the NFL.

There was no joking in your previous posts or this post either. You are the person that will need the chill pill when you hear TIMMY for the rest of the season LOL.

Kiper, the guy who thought Jimmy Clausen was the next great QB. Yeah, I respect his opinion as much as yours on the subject of Tebow. LOL.

psubills62
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
The plethora of media attention would be one.

JoeMama
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Oh brother...

It's so lame when people play the "Boo hoo hoo, poor Tim Tebow is crucified for being a Christian" card.

Fans always make fun of guys for their most obvious traits.

Tebow's a God boy, Hasselbeck's a bald guy, Cedric Benson's a DUI guy, Jeff Garcia's a gay lisp guy, Vick's a dog killer, Plaxico's a gun in sweatpants guy, etc etc.

That's just what fans do when they make fun of athletes. They pick up on something obvious and run with it.

bf1
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh brother...

It's so lame when people play the "Boo hoo hoo, poor Tim Tebow is crucified for being a Christian" card.

Tebow's a God boy, Hasselbeck's a bald guy, Cedric Benson's a DUI guy, Jeff Garcia's a gay lisp guy, Vick's a dog killer, Plaxico's a gun in sweatpants guy, etc etc.

That's just what fans do when they make fun of athletes. They pick up on something obvious and run with it.

So I take it your answer is no. Ok.

better days
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh brother...

True, except none of those players you mentioned are HATED like Tebow for his obvious trait aside from Vick.

JoeMama
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
So I take it your answer is no. Ok.

Coming out of college, I'll admit I didn't think Tebow's skill set would translate to the NFL - or at least not immediately. His mechanics weren't good, he did a long wind up before throwing, he can't take the constant hits from bigger guys, he wasn't known for making his progressions, and guys aren't as wide open in the NFL.

At best, I saw him as a project. But hey, at this point, he looks like a gamer. He did fairly well down the stretch last season too.

So, my answer is yes. There are reasons to lack complete faith in the guy. But those reasons may turn out to be wrong.

I'm just saying that people who really, really like Tebow tend to get way too sensitive about criticism of his skill set.

And yes, it often comes down to, YOU HATE HIM BECAUSE HE LOVES JESUS!!!

Which is inane and stupid.

Dujek
10-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't hate Tim Tebow, I think he's a great example of taking what talent you have and doing something great with it, which is what he did at Florida. However guts and determination can only get you so far before the lack of talent begins to catch up with you, and that's the problem with him being a QB in the NFL.

acehole
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
IMO, Tebow is a bigger/stronger version of Flutie. Horrible organized football qb's who strive with adlibs. Not the greatest camp qb's but do better on gameday when they improvise.

A guy like Chan could make Tebow a good qb.

I like this comparison...

Flutie on Steroids.

People said all same things about Flutie.

bf1
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Coming out of college, I'll admit I didn't think Tebow's skill set would translate to the NFL - or at least not immediately. His mechanics weren't good, he did a long wind up before throwing, he can't take the constant hits from bigger guys, he wasn't known for making his progressions, and guys aren't as wide open in the NFL.

At best, I saw him as a project. But hey, at this point, he looks like a gamer. He did fairly well down the stretch last season too.

So, my answer is yes. There are reasons to lack complete faith in the guy. But those reasons may turn out to be wrong.

I'm just saying that people who really, really like Tebow tend to get way too sensitive about criticism of his skill set.

I don't think you hear that much. You're just being self conscious.

better days
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Well, since he has been drafted people have said he could not take the constant hits from bigger guys.

Well, what the people that say that don't get is there are few bigger guys playing the game than Tebow. If he were a defensive player, he would be a MLB. Tebow is tough & can dish it out rather than take it.

His mechanics are not pretty, but he gets the job done.

Night Train
10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
He'll be consistently exciting on a 5-7 win team.

He'll have games when he needs to throw the ball and that equals a loss 98 % of the time.

Then America will finally realize he's a gimmick QB.

better days
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
He'll be consistently exciting on a 5-7 win team.

He'll have games when he needs to throw the ball and that equals a loss 98 % of the time.

Then America will finally realize he's a gimmick QB.

Tebow set passing records at Florida in the SEC. He will prove he can pass the ball in the NFL.

JoeMama
10-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't think you hear that much. You're just being self conscious.

Naw, I live in Jacksonville, Florida. His home town.

I live probably 9-10 minutes from his house (well, his parents' house).

This is 1) Gator country and 2) Tebow country and 3) God country.

What I hear is definitely not the norm.

The ones around here get super sensitive about it. I doubt it's like that nationally.

bf1
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Ah. That explains it.

JoeMama
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Also, I need Jesus to bestow many touchdowns upon his faithful servant, Tim Tebow.

I just picked him up off the waiver wire in my fantasy league.

:gotimmy:

Akhippo
10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
He hit 40% of his passes last week.
If you want a more popular Kyle Orton then there you go.
8-8 QB who is hit or miss, will get hurt running but play through making him more popular, but will ultimately be average.
Lets get this over with!

better days
10-11-2011, 01:24 PM
He hit 40% of his passes last week.
If you want a more popular Kyle Orton then there you go.
8-8 QB who is hit or miss, will get hurt running but play through making him more popular, but will ultimately be average.
Lets get this over with!

Tebows QB rating last week far exceeded Ortons, & that was with NO preparation.

Ed
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM

And there's no bigger Tebow fan boy on this board then you. If anyone here can't look at Tebow with any objectivity it's you.

Elway is not a Tebow fan and would love nothing more then to finish with the #1 pick and get his guy Luck. Either way, he'll be getting his qb of the future in the next draft. He's not going to hitch his career to Tim Tebow.

EricStratton
10-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Tebows QB rating last week far exceeded Ortons, & that was with NO preparation.

Remember that San Diego didn't game plan for him either.

better days
10-11-2011, 01:53 PM
And there's no bigger Tebow fan boy on this board then you. If anyone here can't look at Tebow with any objectivity it's you.

Elway is not a Tebow fan and would love nothing more then to finish with the #1 pick and get his guy Luck. Either way, he'll be getting his qb of the future in the next draft. He's not going to hitch his career to Tim Tebow.

Well, I can't disagree with any of this. I think Elway would have had much better luck getting Luck if they kept Orton at QB.

Like I said in the 1st post of this thread, I think Fox only put Tebow in the last game after being the #3 QB with NO PREPARATION to shut up the Tebow fans.

Had Tebow flopped, Fox could have said "see I told you so" "I knew Tebow could not play, but we weren't going to win this game anyway, so now you all know Tebow can't play, so just shut up about me playing Tebow again."

Well, Tebow ruined that plan by playing as he can & he almost pulled out the win. Next game against Miami, I predict Broncos 28 Fins 24.

trapezeus
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
i'm skeptical since trent edward of the QB's who do well initially on very plain plans.

I'm fine with Tebow being something. he seemed like a good guy (regardless of his religious beliefs) on the biggest loser and the pre draft segments.

I think we've seen from vick that it's a bit unsustainable to run that frequently, regardless of his size.

If teams force him to take big hits for short gains and he's got a slow release, i don't see him being able to get much better than where people have him pegged.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 02:06 PM
There was no joking in your previous posts or this post either. You are the person that will need the chill pill when you hear TIMMY for the rest of the season LOL.

Kiper, the guy who thought Jimmy Clausen was the next great QB. Yeah, I respect his opinion as much as yours on the subject of Tebow. LOL.

I stand by my evaluation fully, I dont see Tebow as a NFL caliber starting QB and I dont think he should of been drafted anywhere near where he was.

Could he prove me wrong? Absolutely, happened before it will happen again, but I dont think Timmy is going to do it.

Him starting this early though is not good for his development. Fans pushed the organization to this decision and it may be detrimental to him. We'll see, but please can we all agree to not come back after 1 game and be that ******ed fan who goes "...see I told you so!"?

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Also, I need Jesus to bestow many touchdowns upon his faithful servant, Tim Tebow.

I just picked him up off the waiver wire in my fantasy league.

:gotimmy:

That's "Timmay".

imbondz
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Remember that San Diego didn't game plan for him either.

good point. I just read that Elways completion % his first year in Denver was 47%. So I think most QBs need more than a year, and the support of the coaching staff to succeed. Unfortunately I don't see that happening w/ Tebow.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM
The issue with Timmay is this;

He hasn't shown the ability to read defenses yet, take the intagibles away, take the physical limitations away, take it all away. If he can't see what in front of him, process it, and make the right decision then its not going to work.

At this point its that simple for Timmay, if he can read the defenses and work through progressions he has a shot, if he can't then he will fail and fail hard.

Its the single biggest hurdle he must overcome and thus far we have not seen it from him.

better days
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
The issue with Timmay is this;

He hasn't shown the ability to read defenses yet, take the intagibles away, take the physical limitations away, take it all away. If he can't see what in front of him, process it, and make the right decision then its not going to work.

At this point its that simple for Timmay, if he can read the defenses and work through progressions he has a shot, if he can't then he will fail and fail hard.

Its the single biggest hurdle he must overcome and thus far we have not seen it from him.

Well, even when he plays the rest of this year, he has not had a chance to be the QB in training camp. He is going in with no preparation, playing in an offense suited to Orton, not himself so I don't expect much this year.

I do expect him to do what he does & that is to make something out of nothing & bring some excitement to that team & fan base.

His detractors have already played the "I told you so" card when Orton was named starting QB week one of training camp. So you can't blame me when I pimp him when he proves his detractors wrong.

Billsfan3
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
broncos dont play this week

Jimbuktu
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Why do people care SO MUCH about this guy?

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM

Because he's a polarizing figure and that's what he wants.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Well, even when he plays the rest of this year, he has not had a chance to be the QB in training camp. He is going in with no preparation, playing in an offense suited to Orton, not himself so I don't expect much this year.

I do expect him to do what he does & that is to make something out of nothing & bring some excitement to that team & fan base.

His detractors have already played the "I told you so" card when Orton was named starting QB week one of training camp. So you can't blame me when I pimp him when he proves his detractors wrong.

You're making excuses for him before he's even taken a snap as a starter. Can you at least give him a shot to play first?

better days
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
broncos dont play this week

No they don't, they play the Fins next week when the Bills are off. I will be watching that game along with the Bucs/Bears game.

better days
10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
You're making excuses for him before he's even taken a snap as a starter. Can you at least give him a shot to play first?

Not excuses, just stating FACTS.

better days
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM

I care about him as a Gator fan, & a fan of his. He gave me a lot of GREAT Saturdays while at Florida.

better days
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Because he's a polarizing figure and that's what he wants.

So you are saying people pay attention to him because that's what he wants? Well, there are MANY players in the NFL that WANT attention, but they don't get it.

justasportsfan
10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I hope Tebow succeeds. He'd make a great story for the league.

Ed
10-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Tebow was terrible in training camp and preseason. He hasn't proven anyone wrong.

stuckincincy
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Bobby Douglass v.3...

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Not excuses, just stating FACTS.

No you're making excuses. None of that is fact its conjecture. Nobody is going to design an offense for Tebow in the NFL. You and the Timmay fan boys are going to have to get over that. If he wants to succeed he'll have to do it as a real NFL QB.

And this not prepared **** is crap to. Its his job as the backup QB to be ready to go as soon as he's called on.

The idea that Fox is in on this conspiracy to shut up his supporters is about as nut job as when people were saying Vegas had the fix in on the Bills lost to Cincy.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
So you are saying people pay attention to him because that's what he wants? Well, there are MANY players in the NFL that WANT attention, but they don't get it.

Im saying that he likes attention and he has no issue with being a decisive figure. Look at his statements, his commercial, he's not stupid. He knows what he's doing.

stuckincincy
10-11-2011, 03:51 PM
No you're making excuses. None of that is fact its conjecture. Nobody is going to design an offense for Tebow in the NFL. You and the Timmay fan boys are going to have to get over that. If he wants to succeed he'll have to do it as a real NFL QB.

And this not prepared **** is crap to. Its his job as the backup QB to be ready to go as soon as he's called on.

The idea that Fox is in on this conspiracy to shut up his supporters is about as nut job as when people were saying Vegas had the fix in on the Bills lost to Cincy.

I'd audition him at a LB spot. He has strength, bulk, moves.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd audition him at a LB spot. He has strength, bulk, moves.

Hback first then LB. I think he could be a dynamic Hback in all honesty.

acehole
10-11-2011, 04:11 PM

I dont know if he will pan out.

I route for the underdog and have a soft spot for guys who don't listen to "You can't".

I thought he was good enough for a 2nd round pick in my mock last year.

Pure football player....I think he would be great here as a groom to fitz...
or whereever you want to put him.

I wish him luck.

better days
10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Tebow was terrible in training camp and preseason. He hasn't proven anyone wrong.

Yeah well, Trent Edwards played great in Training Camp last year as well. Tebow is a gamer, not a practice player.

Tebow when given the chance last year, played well. When thrown in the game Sunday with no prepartation, playing in an offense not suited to his unique abilities played well.

Tebow is proving his detractors wrong.

OpIv37
10-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, & that is why Miami has resorted to having GATOR day even though it is FAR from Gainesville & is The Hurricanes homefield.

There are not that many Gator fans in the Miami area but I expect a good number of Gator fans from all over the State of Florida to travel to Miami for this game.

Gator fans travel WELL.

So, basically, Miami will have a full house, but most of the fans will be there to root for the OTHER TEAM's QB. Awesome.

better days
10-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Im saying that he likes attention and he has no issue with being a decisive figure. Look at his statements, his commercial, he's not stupid. He knows what he's doing.

WOW you give him credit for being not stupid. Well, that is something I guess.

imbondz
10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
the sole reason Tebow is polarizing is because he's an outspoken Christian. no other reason.

better days
10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
So, basically, Miami will have a full house, but most of the fans will be there to root for the OTHER TEAM's QB. Awesome.

Not only will they be rooting for the other team, but they will be wearing Blue & Orange the colors of the Broncos as well as the Gators. This will look like a Denver home game. LOL.

better days
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM

It is a FACT that the Broncos had a package of plays designed for Tebow & his abilities last year. That is a FACT you can look it up if you choose to do so.

It is also a FACT that Fox has not put in such a package this year. His entire offense was built around the strengths of Orton, not Tebow. Much like when Jauron put in an offense designed for Edwards, not Losman.

Those are both facts, NOT conjecture & are easily verified on the net.

Tebow was not prepared in the sense he got NO playing/practice time with the receivers on the field as the 3rd QB. Yes he knew what he was supposed to do, but he had NO OPPORTUNITY to PRACTICE, that is being UNPREPARED.

It is a FACT that the Eagles DESIGNED an offense to take advantage of Mike Vicks strengths. In the same mannor, an offense can be designed to take advantage of Tebows strengths, in fact, I think Tebow would do very well in the Philly offense.

Tebow can succeed in an offense SUITED to his abilities. To play in an offense NOT suited to his abilities will limit his effectivness. It would be like asking Joe Montana to play QB for the Raiders, He would have FAILED because he did not have the arm to play in the Raider offense.

stuckincincy
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
the sole reason Tebow is polarizing is because he's an outspoken Christian. no other reason.

As a Christian, I find your words idiotic.

Tebow may have been "polarazing", as you say. That was 2 years ago.

What he is now is a cutsy, trendy curiosity, a feature for their fans to howl for, a storyline for ESPN and the like, a name to get ink in DEN's n'paper and something to yak about on their tv and radio stations.

He's a great athlete. He's no NFL qb or receiver.

better days
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM

What he is now is a cutsy, trendy curiosity, a feature for their fans to howl for, a storyline for ESPN and the like, a name to get ink in DEN's n'paper and something to yak about on their tv and radio stations.

This post is idiotic. Tebow is STILL a Christian & people that do not like Christians do not like Tebow. If you don't believe that you are delusional.

As far as his ability to play QB in the NFL, that is yet to be determined, but I would bet on Tebow myself.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Ridiculous.

Of course his live back and forth with Kiper on National Radio would have nothing to do with him being considered polarizing.

The fact that ESPN ran an entire special around his draft process.

The fact that he went to one of the most polarizing schools in the SEC.

The fact that the MSM anointed him the golden child.

But no none of those things matter because what people really care about is that he prays to the Bible since that's so rare amongst all these professional athletes who profess their love for God in numerous award speeches.

Maybe you like him because he's an outspoken Christian but him being a decisive person has so little to do with that its barely worth mentioning outside of a joke because it gets people pissy for no reason at all.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 05:05 PM
It is a FACT that the Broncos had a package of plays designed for Tebow & his abilities last year. That is a FACT you can look it up if you choose to do so.

It is also a FACT that Fox has not put in such a package this year. His entire offense was built around the strengths of Orton, not Tebow. Much like when Jauron put in an offense designed for Edwards, not Losman.

Those are both facts, NOT conjecture & are easily verified on the net.

Tebow was not prepared in the sense he got NO playing/practice time with the receivers on the field as the 3rd QB. Yes he knew what he was supposed to do, but he had NO OPPORTUNITY to PRACTICE, that is being UNPREPARED.

It is a FACT that the Eagles DESIGNED an offense to take advantage of Mike Vicks strengths. In the same mannor, an offense can be designed to take advantage of Tebows strengths, in fact, I think Tebow would do very well in the Philly offense.

Tebow can succeed in an offense SUITED to his abilities. To play in an offense NOT suited to his abilities will limit his effectivness. It would be like asking Joe Montana to play QB for the Raiders, He would have FAILED because he did not have the arm to play in the Raider offense.

A package is not an entire offense, your attempt to act like it is make no sense. Of course Tebow has a special wildcat like package. That's all he was worth his Rookie year.

Of course Fox built an offense around Orton, that would be after all his starting QB...

You dont even know how many reps he got in practice last week, full conjecture and excuse making. The other side of that is that SD also spent no prep time on Tebow scheming against him. You won't want to acknowledge this though because it hurts the crux of your argument.

Did you just compare Mike Vick to Tim Tebow? And you called another poster's post idiotic? Wow...that's all I can say. Btw the Eagles designed offense for Vick certainly involves a lot of pocket drops, and multiple reads...but wait a second...is that not what I said earlier that Tebow needed to prove to? Hmmm....

imbondz
10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Ridiculous.

Of course his live back and forth with Kiper on National Radio would have nothing to do with him being considered polarizing.

The fact that ESPN ran an entire special around his draft process.

The fact that he went to one of the most polarizing schools in the SEC.

The fact that the MSM anointed him the golden child.

But no none of those things matter because what people really care about is that he prays to the Bible since that's so rare amongst all these professional athletes who profess their love for God in numerous award speeches.

Maybe you like him because he's an outspoken Christian but him being a decisive person has so little to do with that its barely worth mentioning outside of a joke because it gets people pissy for no reason at all.

But you couldn't be more pissy in this thread

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
But you couldn't be more pissy in this thread

Oh no I couldn't be having more fun in this thread. This is enjoyable to me, and I don't have to use capitalized words or insult people to enjoy it or get my point across.

Can I ask why you don't want to debate the merits of my counter to your original point?

better days
10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
A package is not an entire offense, your attempt to act like it is make no sense. Of course Tebow has a special wildcat like package. That's all he was worth his Rookie year.

Of course Fox built an offense around Orton, that would be after all his starting QB...

You dont even know how many reps he got in practice last week, full conjecture and excuse making. The other side of that is that SD also spent no prep time on Tebow scheming against him. You won't want to acknowledge this though because it hurts the crux of your argument.

Did you just compare Mike Vick to Tim Tebow? And you called another poster's post idiotic? Wow...that's all I can say. Btw the Eagles designed offense for Vick certainly involves a lot of pocket drops, and multiple reads...but wait a second...is that not what I said earlier that Tebow needed to prove to? Hmmm....

Well, the package last year was SOMETHING. MORE than what Tebow has to take advantage of his strengths this year. If Fox now adds some plays it will be something new to the team that they have not had a training camp to practice.

The Eagles offense is an ENTIRE offense & as I said, I think Tebow could be very effective in that offense.

I did not compare Tebow to Vick, I said Tebow has the skill set to play the same offense Vick plays. If I were to compare the two, I would say Tebow is younger, bigger, stronger, tougher & less prone to injury than Vick.

better days
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh no I couldn't be having more fun in this thread. This is enjoyable to me, and I don't have to use capitalized words or insult people to enjoy it or get my point across.

Can I ask why you don't want to debate the merits of my counter to your original point?

He did not say you were not having fun in this thread. We all know you enjoy being pissy.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, the package last year was SOMETHING. MORE than what Tebow has to take advantage of his strengths this year. If Fox now adds some plays it will be something new to the team that they have not had a training camp to practice.

The Eagles offense is an ENTIRE offense & as I said, I think Tebow could be very effective in that offense.

So when do we ask that Tebow you know actually develop those actual QB skills that he needs. Like reading a defense, recognizing blitz schemes pre-snap, adjusting on the fly, etc.?

I actually think Tebow is a far better fit in what the Bills do as opposed to the Eagles.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
He did not say you were not having fun in this thread. We all know you enjoy being pissy.

No I know he didn't that's why I told him. I figured he'd want to know. If you find this to be pissy then I hate to see what you think is having a good time.

better days
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
So when do we ask that Tebow you know actually develop those actual QB skills that he needs. Like reading a defense, recognizing blitz schemes pre-snap, adjusting on the fly, etc.?

I actually think Tebow is a far better fit in what the Bills do as opposed to the Eagles.

Well, the only way he will develop those skills is to PLAY in games. He played WELL last year when given the chance. I expect him to play well this year although we will see if Fox takes advantage of the strengths Tebow has.

I agree that Tebow could do well in the Bills offense. And in fact would be the best short yardage runner on the Bills.

better days
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
No I know he didn't that's why I told him. I figured he'd want to know. If you find this to be pissy then I hate to see what you think is having a good time.

I was just joking, take a chill pill.

better days
10-11-2011, 06:08 PM

I see your Bengals are BLACKED OUT again this week against the Colts. LOL

PromoTheRobot
10-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Hmmm, no. He's polarizing because he has a cult of fans who worship him. Some do because he won a national championship at Florida. Some do because he promotes his religion. And some people think Jesus actually cares who wins a football game.

PTR

better days
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Hmmm, no. He's polarizing because he has a cult of fans who worship him. Some do because he won a national championship at Florida. Some do because he promotes his religion. And some people think Jesus actually cares who wins a football game.

PTR

Hmmm, no. He's polarizing because some people resent the fact he is outspoken in his belief & lives his religion. Some people resent the fact he won a National Championship & Heisman at Florida.

imbondz
10-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Couldn't be clearer than that.

imbondz
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
He's a stand up guy. You can not like him cuz he's a Gator, that's about the only reason id understand

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 07:33 PM
He's a stand up guy. You can not like him cuz he's a Gator, that's about the only reason id understand

I dont think one person in this thread has attacked Tim Tebow as a person or as a Christian.

Ed
10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Tebow might be better prepared going forward, but defenses are going to be better prepared for him also. And the more he plays, the more his weaknesses will be exposed, and the easier it will be for defenses to shut him down.

jcdavey
10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
he's going to run, take a hit, and that will be it

he's a huge qb though, but it will happen

Gables
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Couldn't care less about Tebow or the Jesus crap, but I'm rooting for him to fall flat on his face so Denver, and not Miami, gets Luck.

I want no part of that kid in the AFC East.

So go dolphins....

/dry heaves

better days
10-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Tebow might be better prepared going forward, but defenses are going to be better prepared for him also. And the more he plays, the more his weaknesses will be exposed, and the easier it will be for defenses to shut him down.

Well, as draftboy says, this is all conjecture. Time will tell.

imbondz
10-11-2011, 09:48 PM

this is true of every qb. could be the more he plays, the better he gets.

better days
10-11-2011, 09:48 PM
he's going to run, take a hit, and that will be it

he's a huge qb though, but it will happen

Well like I said before, Tebow will deliver the hit, not take it.

Gables
10-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Well like I said before, Tebow will deliver the hit, not take it.

It's obvious the guy is your hero, but if he intends to bring the Mike Alstott act to the NFL, he'll be carted off sooner rather than later.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Don't dislike the guy, don't like the guy as a QB.

If it wasn't for one of the best catches I've ever seen, Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines, no one would be talking about how Tebow almost led the Broncos back last Sunday.

That being said, he did get them in position to win. Looked totally scatterbrained on the final play of the game and still somehow put a ball into the endzone which a Denver receiver had a chance at catching.

His stat line was atrocious for the game though.

tampabay25690
10-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Im looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Smart move on Fox's part Denver is not a good football team and the fans in Denver having been chanting Tim's name since the 1st game of the season.
This is a wakeup call for the players and a business move to see what he can do.
Bottom line is the fans want him and Fox has no choice at a 1-4 record in Denver.

Can't wait to see him in Miami...
Go Tim..

tampabay25690
10-12-2011, 06:52 AM
I am reading this thread and laughing my ass off...
Tebow is starter and it turns into a drama episode.....
Religion has nothing do do with it.
Im the biggest Tebow supporter on here, I know what the guy can do and what he needs work on.
Let him have his bye week to prepare and I hope he dominates Miami because I hate Miami more then any other team in the NFL....
After he beats Miami you guys can start another thread about is flaws again...

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Well, as draftboy says, this is all conjecture. Time will tell.

No that wasn't conjecture that was fact. What you were saying about how Tebow complete unpreparedness was conjecture. There is a vast difference in what you two said.

acehole
10-12-2011, 07:10 AM
No that wasn't conjecture that was fact. What you were saying about how Tebow complete unpreparedness was conjecture. There is a vast difference in what you two said.

Sustained. Move to strike.

better days
10-12-2011, 08:01 AM

You are WRONG. There is a vast difference in what we said. What I said was FACT. What he said was conjecture. That is the FACT.

stuckincincy
10-12-2011, 08:16 AM

I didn't think of that, but you may be right.

better days
10-12-2011, 08:24 AM
It's obvious the guy is your hero, but if he intends to bring the Mike Alstott act to the NFL, he'll be carted off sooner rather than later.

Why? Tebow is almost as big as Alstott & I don't remember him being carted off too often.

I think it is wishful thinking on Haters part that Tebow will get injured, nothing more than that. The guy is tough as nails & has been a mobile QB his entire life.

better days
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Don't dislike the guy, don't like the guy as a QB.

If it wasn't for one of the best catches I've ever seen, Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines, no one would be talking about how Tebow almost led the Broncos back last Sunday.

That being said, he did get them in position to win. Looked totally scatterbrained on the final play of the game and still somehow put a ball into the endzone which a Denver receiver had a chance at catching.

His stat line was atrocious for the game though.

Well, as I said before, he was put in that game with no preparation. He completed about half his passes & had a QB rating of 100.5. A QB rating over 100 is not too shaby at all.

better days
10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Im looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Smart move on Fox's part Denver is not a good football team and the fans in Denver having been chanting Tim's name since the 1st game of the season.
This is a wakeup call for the players and a business move to see what he can do.
Bottom line is the fans want him and Fox has no choice at a 1-4 record in Denver.

Can't wait to see him in Miami...
Go Tim..

I don't think this move was made because Fox is smart, I think Fox had no other choice.

EricStratton
10-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Why? Tebow is almost as big as Alstott & I don't remember him being carted off too often.

QB's are more exposed then they are on the move because they are usually still trying to make a play downfield, that's why the NFL has put in so many rules to protect them.

Delivering a blow as a fullback and as a running QB are very different.

And remember injuries to the head and neck ended his career.

better days
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
QB's are more exposed then they are on the move because they are usually still trying to make a play downfield, that's why the NFL has put in so many rules to protect them.

Delivering a blow as a fullback and as a running QB are very different.

And remember injuries to the head and neck ended his career.

Well, when Tebow gets past the line of scrimmage, he goes into runner mode. He puts his shoulder down & looks to deliver the hit rather than take it.

Behind the line, Tebow is mobile enough to avoid many hits before throwing the ball. When he does get hit, he is much bigger than Mike Vick & less likely to get injured.

A neck injury ended Mike Alstotts career................after 12 years. 12 years is a pretty good career for a RB. Like Tebow, Alstott was tough as nails.

Bill Cody
10-12-2011, 09:36 AM

That works both ways. I think it will be some time before you can make any definitive statements about Tebow. I'm interested to see how he does.

Figster
10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
That works both ways. I think it will be some time before you can make any definitive statements about Tebow. I'm interested to see how he does.

Same here Sell,

Tebow brings an element of surprise to the equation and he fires up the Football team...

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
You are WRONG. There is a vast difference in what we said. What I said was FACT. What he said was conjecture. That is the FACT.

Incorrect. You said Tebow was thrown in there with no prep which is conjecture since you have no way of knowing what his snaps were in practice, what kinds of plays he ran or how much he paid attention in the meetings. And in spite of all of that he as the backup QB still was privy to all the information the starter was and is responsible for being ready to go at any point on Sunday. Hence the conjecture.

What Ed said is that teams will now gameplan to stop Tebow and his unconventional style which is a fact. Just as they gameplan to stop players every week. As they tape builds on him he will show more strengths and weaknesses that opposing teams will study and try and exploit. That's a fact.

Now will he or the defenses be successful? We don't know yet.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Well, when Tebow gets past the line of scrimmage, he goes into runner mode. He puts his shoulder down & looks to deliver the hit rather than take it.

Behind the line, Tebow is mobile enough to avoid many hits before throwing the ball. When he does get hit, he is much bigger than Mike Vick & less likely to get injured.

A neck injury ended Mike Alstotts career................after 12 years. 12 years is a pretty good career for a RB. Like Tebow, Alstott was tough as nails.

Exactly why Tebow should be an Hback, Im glad you're coming around on this.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Exactly why Tebow should be an Hback, Im glad you're coming around on this.

Well, if Tebow should be a Hback then Vick should be a 3rd down back.

TigerJ
10-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd be lying if I didn't admit to hoping Tebow has a good career in front of him because of his character and his openness about professing his faith, but I don't have any particular desire to ever see im end up as a Buffalo Bill. I think if he does well this year, it makes for a very interesting offseason for the Broncos. They still have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. I don't think Orton will ever be a great starting QB in the league, but he is a more than competent backup. When he played in preseason, Brady Quinn showed he might be ready to blossom and fulfill the potential many thought he had coming out of college. I think Denver will try to unload one of them. The question is, which will they unload and would the Bills have any interest?

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Well, if Tebow should be a Hback then Vick should be a 3rd down back.

That makes absolutely no sense.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Incorrect. You said Tebow was thrown in there with no prep which is conjecture since you have no way of knowing what his snaps were in practice, what kinds of plays he ran or how much he paid attention in the meetings. And in spite of all of that he as the backup QB still was privy to all the information the starter was and is responsible for being ready to go at any point on Sunday. Hence the conjecture.

What Ed said is that teams will now gameplan to stop Tebow and his unconventional style which is a fact. Just as they gameplan to stop players every week. As they tape builds on him he will show more strengths and weaknesses that opposing teams will study and try and exploit. That's a fact.

Now will he or the defenses be successful? We don't know yet.

Tebow was the 3rd QB, NOT the back up. That was Quinn. Therefore it is easy to assume he had NO PRACTICE with the 1st team. Because he had NO PRACTICE he was not prepared.

"Now will he or the defense be successful? We don't know yet" This sentence proves Ed's post was conjecture.

Miami will have plenty of time to prepare for Tebow & there is film on him from last year. We will see how well Miami shuts him down.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
That makes absolutely no sense.

Why? Vick runs as much if not more than Tebow, but Vick is too small to be anything other than a 3rd down back if he were not a QB.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Why? Vick runs as much if not more than Tebow, but Vick is too small to be anything other than a 3rd down back if he were not a QB.

But he is a QB. He's proven that he can do those QB things like read defenses and go through his progressions. Even then he would never have been a RB. He would of been a slot WR or DB. Not built to be a RB.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I'd be lying if I didn't admit to hoping Tebow has a good career in front of him because of his character and his openness about professing his faith, but I don't have any particular desire to ever see im end up as a Buffalo Bill. I think if he does well this year, it makes for a very interesting offseason for the Broncos. They still have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. I don't think Orton will ever be a great starting QB in the league, but he is a more than competent backup. When he played in preseason, Brady Quinn showed he might be ready to blossom and fulfill the potential many thought he had coming out of college. I think Denver will try to unload one of them. The question is, which will they unload and would the Bills have any interest?

Orton will be a FA after this season. He made $9Mill for this season. There is no way the Broncos resign him.

If Tebow plays well the rest of the season, I think the Broncos will be out of Luck for Luck so I could see them keeping Quinn & maybe even letting him compete with Tebow for the starting job next year.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Orton will be a FA after this season. He made $9Mill for this season. There is no way the Broncos resign him.

If Tebow plays well the rest of the season, I think the Broncos will be out of Luck for Luck so I could see them keeping Quinn & maybe even letting him compete with Tebow for the starting job next year.

I think the Broncos as a whole are good enough to where they won't be in the Luck sweepstakes no matter what.

The QB I know they're taking a long look at is RGIII.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:54 AM
But he is a QB. He's proven that he can do those QB things like read defenses and go through his progressions. Even then he would never have been a RB. He would of been a slot WR or DB. Not built to be a RB.

Well, Tebow is a 2nd year player. FEW 2nd year players have proven anything more than Tebow has thus far. In fact Tebow has played better than any other QB taken in the same draft.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Well, Tebow is a 2nd year player. FEW 2nd year players have proven anything more than Tebow has thus far. In fact Tebow has played better than any other QB taken in the same draft.

...Im not going to respond to that considering Von Miller the rookie has proven more than Tebow has at this point.

As for other QB's in that draft, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford have done more by far.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I think the Broncos as a whole are good enough to where they won't be in the Luck sweepstakes no matter what.

The QB I know they're taking a long look at is RGIII.

I agree but if Tebow were TERRIBLE, the Broncos would LOSE the rest of their games agreed? I don't think the Broncos are good enough to overcome a terrible QB.

Tell us about RGIII please.

justasportsfan
10-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Tebow will be so successful that the Pope will make him the first non-catholic saint. St. Tebow , Patron saint of the NFL.

better days
10-12-2011, 12:03 PM
...Im not going to respond to that considering Von Miller the rookie has proven more than Tebow has at this point.

As for other QB's in that draft, Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford have done more by far.

Well, that is a matter of opinion. Bradford has not looked good this year. If you ask any Bronco fan if they would trade Tebow for McCoy straight up I doubt you would find any takers for that trade.

I meant 2nd year QB's from years past, not 2nd year players in general.

Bill Cody
10-12-2011, 12:06 PM

To be fair Mike Vick would have gone undrafted if you were basing it on his passing ability and soundness of his footwork alone coming out of college. But his own admission he also didn't prepare like he should have for games in ATL, got away with his off the charts athletism. Tebow doesn't have anything resembling Mike Vick's speed but like Cam Newton he does give a defense another dimension to consider. It took Mike Vick over 6 years and a trip to the slammer to learn real QB skills. Maybe we can give Tebow some time to see what he can learn?

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree but if Tebow were TERRIBLE, the Broncos would LOSE the rest of their games agreed? I don't think the Broncos are good enough to overcome a terrible QB.

Tell us about RGIII please.

I think their defense is good enough to win them some games.

This is what I wrote earlier this season on RGIII;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/09/could-he-be-vick-2-0/

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, that is a matter of opinion. Bradford has not looked good this year. If you ask any Bronco fan if they would trade Tebow for McCoy straight up I doubt you would find any takers for that trade.

I meant 2nd year QB's from years past, not 2nd year players in general.

2nd year QB's from years past well that Manning fellow had a pretty good 2nd year if memory serves me correctly. Matt Ryan too.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 12:11 PM
To be fair Mike Vick would have gone undrafted if you were basing it on his passing ability and soundness of his footwork alone coming out of college. But his own admission he also didn't prepare like he should have for games in ATL, got away with his off the charts athletism. Tebow doesn't have anything resembling Mike Vick's speed but like Cam Newton he does give a defense another dimension to consider. It took Mike Vick over 6 years and a trip to the slammer to learn real QB skills. Maybe we can give Tebow some time to see what he can learn?

Who has said he doesn't deserve time? To be fair though there was never a doubt or reason to move Vick from QB. Tebow doesn't have the same athletic ability, the same arm strength, mechanics, or creativity of Vick who is a freak.

Any comparions being made the two should start and end with just don't do it.

better days
10-12-2011, 12:12 PM

On NFL Network, John Elway said Tebow is throwing the ball much better than last year even with the lockout. He said "next offseason I will get a chance to work with him."

That sounds like Elway plans to be Tebows personal QB coach next offseason.

better days
10-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Who has said he doesn't deserve time? To be fair though there was never a doubt or reason to move Vick from QB. Tebow doesn't have the same athletic ability, the same arm strength, mechanics, or creativity of Vick who is a freak.

NONSENSE. Tebow is just as athletic as Vick. Tebow probably has a stronger arm than Vick, have you seen his guns? If not google some pictures of Tebow.

Vick has never been known as a QB with great mechanics, in fact his mechanics in Atlanta were ridiculed.

Tebow is every bit as creative as Vick as well & proved that just this past game.

In a comparason of the two:

Vick wins SPEED.

Tebow wins Age, Size, Strength, Toughness, ability to stay healthy.

better days
10-12-2011, 12:29 PM
2nd year QB's from years past well that Manning fellow had a pretty good 2nd year if memory serves me correctly. Matt Ryan too.

Yeah, I said FEW not NO.

better days
10-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I think their defense is good enough to win them some games.

This is what I wrote earlier this season on RGIII;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/09/could-he-be-vick-2-0/

If the Broncos decide to stick with Tebow, I think RGIII would fit right into that same system. Much like Josh Johnson behind Josh Freeman. He also might be a fit in Buffalo behind Fitz.

If you read what you wrote about RGIII the same positives that are said about Vick & RGIII can be said about Tebow.

Johnson is a FA after this season. I hope he resigns with the Bucs, but if not, RGIII might be a good pick up for the Bucs & I would be happy to see Johnson sign with the Bills.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 02:07 PM
NONSENSE. Tebow is just as athletic as Vick. Tebow probably has a stronger arm than Vick, have you seen his guns? If not google some pictures of Tebow.

Vick has never been known as a QB with great mechanics, in fact his mechanics in Atlanta were ridiculed.

Tebow is every bit as creative as Vick as well & proved that just this past game.

In a comparason of the two:

Vick wins SPEED.

For Christ's sake now you're just being ridiculous to be so. Tebow is as athletic or has a stronger arm than Vick. That's just foolish and so clearly wrong its no longer worth pointing it out to you.

better days
10-12-2011, 02:41 PM
For Christ's sake now you're just being ridiculous to be so. Tebow is as athletic or has a stronger arm than Vick. That's just foolish and so clearly wrong its no longer worth pointing it out to you.

WATCH him play & tell me he is not as athletic as Vick. I did not say he was as fast as Vick. You are the one in the wrong, but that is nothing new for you.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 03:17 PM
WATCH him play & tell me he is not as athletic as Vick. I did not say he was as fast as Vick. You are the one in the wrong, but that is nothing new for you.

Ive watched both players play extensively. You're being ridiculous.

Mski
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I like this comparison...

Flutie on Steroids.

People said all same things about Flutie.and.... flutie was a terrible QB, and is atleast 25% of the reason this team has sucked as long as it has since Kelly retired. Because of him this team has never tried to get a true replacement as a #1 honest starter at QB well with the exception of Losman, which obviously panned out well

acehole
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM

I dont know Vick is a smalish dude...

But I also think they are not in the same class....yet.

Tebow has alot to prove.....I think he will prove alot of "Experts" wrong.

John Elway is backing off his statements a bit.

Physically Tebow is a beast with a great arm and smart.

He is not conventional and his mechanics are strange.

But So what? J Elway had a side arm for crying out loud.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I dont know Vick is a smalish dude...

But I also think they are not in the same class....yet.

Tebow has alot to prove.....I think he will prove alot of "Experts" wrong.

John Elway is backing off his statements a bit.

Physically Tebow is a beast with a great arm and smart.

He is not conventional and his mechanics are strange.

But So what? J Elway had a side arm for crying out loud.

Stop...just stop.

acehole
10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
and.... flutie was a terrible QB, and is atleast 25% of the reason this team has sucked as long as it has since Kelly retired. Because of him this team has never tried to get a true replacement as a #1 honest starter at QB well with the exception of Losman, which obviously panned out well

Shut up...I liked Flutie.

We would have went far with him that season if they didn't pull him for Bandana boy.

acehole
10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Stop...just stop.

Sorry tell me as I value your opinion...what exactly do you disagree with here?

better days
10-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Ive watched both players play extensively. You're being ridiculous.

I'm not being ridiculous. I'm stating FACTS. If you were not such a Tebow HATER, you would admit that. But you won't. It just kills you that Tebow has & will continue to prove you & the other HATERS WRONG.

better days
10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
and.... flutie was a terrible QB, and is atleast 25% of the reason this team has sucked as long as it has since Kelly retired. Because of him this team has never tried to get a true replacement as a #1 honest starter at QB well with the exception of Losman, which obviously panned out well

Yeah Flutie was a terrible QB. All he did was WIN games. The reason this team sucked at that time was the STUPID trade for Rob Johnson.

stuckincincy
10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah Flutie was a terrible QB. All he did was WIN games. The reason this team sucked at that time was the STUPID trade for Rob Johnson.

IIRC, that trade ended up with JAX drafting Fred Taylor... :pissed:

stuckincincy
10-12-2011, 04:47 PM

"Tebow wins Age, Size, Strength, Toughness, ability to stay healthy."

- I have seen his guns. Without doubt, he's the first - and therefore the best - at rifling the ball while getting off his feet and bouncing into the air.

- It's pretty easy for Tim to be healhty appearing in 9 games (mostly spot duty), as opposed to Vick's 103 games over ten years...

better days
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM

- I have seen his guns. Without doubt, he's the first - and therefore the best - at rifling the ball while getting off his feet and bouncing into the air.

- It's pretty easy for Tim to be healhty appearing in 9 games (mostly spot duty), as opposed to Vick's 103 games over ten years...

Well, Tebow has played in the SEC for 4 years. The BEST Conference in College & where MANY players on DEFENSE are drafted high in the 1st rnd. And Tebow set a number of passing records in the SEC. You don't set passing records in the SEC if you can't throw the ball.

He has played the way he will continue to play in the NFL, & has been healthy.

Thanks for pointing out how OLD Vick is.

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 09:39 AM
NONSENSE. Tebow is just as athletic as Vick

whoa Nelly

Tebow probably has a stronger arm than Vick

Vick has a VERY strong arm, accuracy has been an issue prior to last year but IMO there's no doubt he has a stronger arm than Tebow

I know you're a fan but let's not go overboard here

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM

You said he isn't an NFL QB and he should try another position. By that I would read he deserves NO time. And you're criticizing him NOW in this thread, did you already forget? So that's not giving him time is it?

He's obviously not the athlete Vick is who was the overall #1 player taken in the draft. But he doesn't need to be to be an effective run/pass threat. The key for Tebow is shortening his delivery, getting more accurate, and improving his footwork. On that front he is a direct comparison to Vick who struggled in those areas for 6 years before he teamed up with Andy Reid. I would see a more direct ceiling for Tebow to be a Steve Young but Tebow has a long way to go to get to that level.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 11:04 AM
You said he isn't an NFL QB and he should try another position. By that I would read he deserves NO time. And you're criticizing him NOW in this thread, did you already forget? So that's not giving him time is it?

He's obviously not the athlete Vick is who was the overall #1 player taken in the draft. But he doesn't need to be to be an effective run/pass threat. The key for Tebow is shortening his delivery, getting more accurate, and improving his footwork. On that front he is a direct comparison to Vick who struggled in those areas for 6 years before he teamed up with Andy Reid. I would see a more direct ceiling for Tebow to be a Steve Young but Tebow has a long way to go to get to that level.

Denver drafted him to be a QB, what's done is done in that regard. Just because I believe he will not be a successful one does not mean I dont believe he should be given time to learn the position and give it a shot. He's being put into a bad situation right now. As I said before the draft there is no way Id let him see the field for two years. That's how far behind he was as a QB in my evaluation. To me Fox and Denver are bowing to public pressure and its a mistake for them, the organization and Tebow.

Im pointing out his flaws, that's not a criticism on him that's a read of what he can and can't do. And Im being fair in doing so, imo.

I agree with your final paragraph almost entirely, though Im not sure sure the ceiling is Young.

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Imagine Denver traded Tebow to Miami just before the trade deadline.

The state of Colorado would be in flames.

better days
10-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Does speed alone equate to a person being an athlete? Aside from his speed explain to me what makes Vick a better athlete than Tebow.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Does speed alone equate to a person being an athlete? Aside from his speed explain to me what makes Vick a better athlete than Tebow.

Agility, quickness, acceleration, etc...etc...

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 01:30 PM

Speed is a big part of it. But they measure athletic ability with some specific tests at the combine. Other than maybe bench press Vick would crush Tebow in every other measurement. 40, cone drill, vertical jump, broad jump, shuttle. I'm not putting Tebow down here, I think he did fine at the combine. But Mike Vick is one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen in any sport and as folks that read my posts know, I'm no fan of his.

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Denver drafted him to be a QB, what's done is done in that regard. Just because I believe he will not be a successful one does not mean I dont believe he should be given time to learn the position and give it a shot. He's being put into a bad situation right now. As I said before the draft there is no way Id let him see the field for two years. That's how far behind he was as a QB in my evaluation. To me Fox and Denver are bowing to public pressure and its a mistake for them, the organization and Tebow.

Im pointing out his flaws, that's not a criticism on him that's a read of what he can and can't do. And Im being fair in doing so, imo.

I agree with your final paragraph almost entirely, though Im not sure sure the ceiling is Young.

I don't think he's being put in a bad position. There's only so far he can gain by going to practice. The speed of the NFL game for a QB has to be experienced and it takes some time. Denver has nothing to lose by playing him at this point. He's had 2 camps and an offseason to begin the learning process, now it's time to see what he has when you're 1-4. Cam Newton is as green as grass also and seems to be coming along pretty damn well.

imbondz
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
to me athletic entails speed and strength, but also the ability to make catches after diving yards w/ your arms outstretched, or making a great tackle off balance...etc, making a great pass after running off balance, and with 2 guys in your face.

I'd say Vick is more athletic than Tebow, cuz it seems Vick does all that but faster than everyone else.

better days
10-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't think he's being put in a bad position. There's only so far he can gain by going to practice. The speed of the NFL game for a QB has to be experienced and it takes some time. Denver has nothing to lose by playing him at this point. He's had 2 camps and an offseason to begin the learning process, now it's time to see what he has when you're 1-4. Cam Newton is as green as grass also and seems to be coming along pretty damn well.

Exactly, the only way Tebow will develop the skills he needs to play in the NFL is to PLAY in games.

better days
10-13-2011, 01:50 PM
to me athletic entails speed and strength, but also the ability to make catches after diving yards w/ your arms outstretched, or making a great tackle off balance...etc, making a great pass after running off balance, and with 2 guys in your face.

I'd say Vick is more athletic than Tebow, cuz it seems Vick does all that but faster than everyone else.

Vick is faster than Tebow without question. He can avoid tackles with his foot speed. He may be a better athlete than Tebow, but Tebow is a better athlete than MOST QB's in the NFL.

Tebow can break free from a tackle much better than Vick & I have seen Tebow complete some amazing throws with people draped all over him. We saw last Sunday how Vick fares with people on him.............INTs.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Cam Newton came in without half the issue Tebow had (especially mechanically). People overlook the system Cam had at JUCO which was a multi-read system, not to mention Gus Malzahn runs a very complex version of the spread.

better days
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Cam Newton came in without half the issue Tebow had (especially mechanically). People overlook the system Cam had at JUCO which was a multi-read system, not to mention Gus Malzahn runs a very complex version of the spread.

Well, explain how Tebow can develop the skills he needs or prove himself by sitting on the bench. IMO the only way that happens is by playing in games. As I posted before, John Elway said Tebow is throwing the ball much better this year.

stuckincincy
10-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Vick is faster than Tebow without question. He can avoid tackles with his foot speed. He may be a better athlete than Tebow, but Tebow is a better athlete than MOST QB's in the NFL.

Tebow can break free from a tackle much better than Vick & I have seen Tebow complete some amazing throws with people draped all over him. We saw last Sunday how Vick fares with people on him.............INTs.

Folks here have no dislike of Tebow. Most all say he's a gutsy player, and have admiration for him. Loved to watch his college career. Would be happy to see if he bucked the odds and went on to fame and glory.

And most here, and most folks that scout the NFL, and the NFL teams themselves, didn't give him good marks for being a legit qb prospect.

DEN drafted him with their second first round pick for the show biz aspect, IMO.

When you dig a hole, commit yourself to digging that hole regardless, and hit rock bottom - it's best to stop digging and gracefully climb back up to the surface.

Handshakes all around? :peace:

imbondz
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
I think Cam Newton is going to be a better QB than Vick and Tebow, with multiple SuperBowls. Barring injury, Cam could be one of the most successful QBs of all time.

better days
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Folks here have no dislike of Tebow. Most all say he's a gutsy player, and have admiration for him. Loved to watch his college career. Would be happy to see if he bucked the odds and went on to fame and glory.

And most here, and most folks that scout the NFL, and the NFL teams themselves, didn't give him good marks for being a legit qb prospect.

DEN drafted him with their second first round pick for the show biz aspect, IMO.

When you dig a hole, commit yourself to digging that hole regardless, and hit rock bottom - it's best to stop digging and gracefully climb back up to the surface.

Handshakes all around? :peace:

Well, some people not just on this board but NFL fans in general do not like Tebow for one reason or another. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother him.

I don't think Tebow dug the hole. He did not pick himself, but I think he would have been picked in the 2nd if the Broncos did not take him in the 1st. The Bills & the Jags are two teams that I think would have done that.

Tebow played well last year when given the chance & I expect him to play well this year. I'm not saying he will put up great stats, but I think he will provide a spark that team needs & win some games, learning in the process.

better days
10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I think Cam Newton is going to be a better QB than Vick and Tebow, with multiple SuperBowls. Barring injury, Cam could be one of the most successful QBs of all time.

You may be right about that, but as a Bucs fan, I hope not.

stuckincincy
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Don't bar injury. Already, he's scooted 40 times and has been sacked 9 times. He has a decent arm, sure. The CAR coaches should be schooling him to stay in the pocket - it's just a matter of time that he gets a busted knee when he romps. CAR is going nowhere - why are they letting this #1 pick kid freewheel?

psubills62
10-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Just curious...why wasn't this moved to the NFL Zone?

stuckincincy
10-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, some people not just on this board but NFL fans in general do not like Tebow for one reason or another. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother him.

I don't think Tebow dug the hole. He did not pick himself, but I think he would have been picked in the 2nd if the Broncos did not take him in the 1st. The Bills & the Jags are two teams that I think would have done that.

Tebow played well last year when given the chance & I expect him to play well this year. I'm not saying he will put up great stats, but I think he will provide a spark that team needs & win some games, learning in the process.

Er...the hole digger I mentioned wasn't Tebow... :kid:

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Mechanically as far as passing motion I agree but neither of them had taken many snaps under center, both played a shotgun and Cam was playing a one read system at Auburn which was a big knock on him on this board if you recall. In addition Cam had only 2 years of college ball vs. 4 for Tebow and one of those was juco which is not the same. I'm surprised how quickly Cam is adjusting to the NFL it's pretty amazing. We'll have to wait and see on Tebow but he's ready to play IMO.

better days
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Just curious...why wasn't this moved to the NFL Zone?

My guess would be because the Mods on this board are not control freak Nazis like on some other boards.

When I started this thread there was not much else going on in the board.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, explain how Tebow can develop the skills he needs or prove himself by sitting on the bench. IMO the only way that happens is by playing in games. As I posted before, John Elway said Tebow is throwing the ball much better this year.

Tell that to QB's who spent time on the bench and learned before playing like Aaron Rodgers and Steve McNair. Its not like there is nothing to learn or work on in practices or in the film room.

I dont care what Elway says he's part of the organization. He's not going to come out and bash his starting QB. Its to be taken with a grain of salt.

BillsFever21
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Tebow would fit in well with the role Brad Smith is playing in our offense because he has better passing skills which you could utilize and that the defense would have to defend against. As far as an NFL QB goes he will never be a franchise QB.

At best he may be an average starter on an average or poor team. He will most likely end up as that for a while until the new flavor of the drafts come around and he will settle in as a backup QB, Wild Cat player or them types of luxury players.

better days
10-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Tell that to QB's who spent time on the bench and learned before playing like Aaron Rodgers and Steve McNair. Its not like there is nothing to learn or work on in practices or in the film room.

I dont care what Elway says he's part of the organization. He's not going to come out and bash his starting QB. Its to be taken with a grain of salt.

Well, most "experts' agree a player will learn at a faster rate by PLAYING. In fact this was discussed on NFL Network tonight & they all agreed It is in the teams best interest & Tebows best interest to play him now.

better days
10-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Tebow would fit in well with the role Brad Smith is playing in our offense because he has better passing skills which you could utilize and that the defense would have to defend against. As far as an NFL QB goes he will never be a franchise QB.

At best he may be an average starter on an average or poor team. He will most likely end up as that for a while until the new flavor of the drafts come around and he will settle in as a backup QB, Wild Cat player or them types of luxury players.

Well, Football is Tebows passion in life. He has said if it can be proved to him that he can't play QB in the NFL he would accept a switch to another position.

We are 5 games into his 2nd season & thus far despite what people like you & draft boy say, Tebow has played VERY WELL so far. NOBODY knows how good Tebow will become or how long it will take him to get there.

I'm not going to pretend I know Tebow will become a Pro Bowl QB. I don't know that anymore than you know he will become a failure. But It would be sweet to see him succeed just to watch his critics like John Clayton, draftboy & you eat crow.

imbondz
10-13-2011, 10:16 PM
i think Tebow would be a great TE.

imbondz
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
plus there's debate on whether we'd want to see Tebow as a Bills someday. and it's a huge NFL topic this week.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Well, most "experts' agree a player will learn at a faster rate by PLAYING. In fact this was discussed on NFL Network tonight & they all agreed It is in the teams best interest & Tebows best interest to play him now.

Quote them.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Well, Football is Tebows passion in life. He has said if it can be proved to him that he can't play QB in the NFL he would accept a switch to another position.

We are 5 games into his 2nd season & thus far despite what people like you & draft boy say, Tebow has played VERY WELL so far. NOBODY knows how good Tebow will become or how long it will take him to get there.

I'm not going to pretend I know Tebow will become a Pro Bowl QB. I don't know that anymore than you know he will become a failure. But It would be sweet to see him succeed just to watch his critics like John Clayton, draftboy & you eat crow.

No incorrect, and he's addressed this. Christianity, his reaching out, giving back, and missionary work are his passion, football always has and always will come secondary to that.

That's not to say he doesn't care about football or doesn't give it his all. But he's made it clear that his passion is in his faith which is completely fine for any player.

tampabay25690
10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
a 9 page thread on Tebow...
U gotta luv it...

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 07:23 AM
a 9 page thread on Tebow...
U gotta luv it...

I just enjoy stoking the fire every morning and letting the Tebow lovers burn all day on it.

The idea that Better Days thinks Im some big Tebow hater is hysterical to me. You and I have had the Tebow discussion more than once off the site and would you characterize me as a Tebow hater?

better days
10-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote them.

OK, I have that show recorded. I will quote after a watch the replay.

better days
10-14-2011, 07:30 AM
No incorrect, and he's addressed this. Christianity, his reaching out, giving back, and missionary work are his passion, football always has and always will come secondary to that.

That's not to say he doesn't care about football or doesn't give it his all. But he's made it clear that his passion is in his faith which is completely fine for any player.

Well, as I said before, Tebow lives his faith. And yes he is all about his missionary work & reaching out to people.

Football is his secular passion in life. And as I said before he loves the game so much that he would be willing to change position if it could be PROVED to HIM that he can't play QB in the NFL. I doubt that day ever happens.

better days
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
I just enjoy stoking the fire every morning and letting the Tebow lovers burn all day on it.

The idea that Better Days thinks Im some big Tebow hater is hysterical to me. You and I have had the Tebow discussion more than once off the site and would you characterize me as a Tebow hater?

I have no idea what you say off the board. ON the board the fact is you have been one of his biggest critics/haters since before he was drafted.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 07:38 AM
I have no idea what you say off the board. ON the board the fact is you have been one of his biggest critics/haters since before he was drafted.

And you personify the stereotype of what makes you think Im a hater. You only choose to see things in black and white in regards to Tebow, which is fine.

But any critique of his ability or skill no matter how legitimate is immediately taken by you and used to label somebody as a hater. Which again is fine, but logically it doesnt make a lot of sense.

Are there things to like about Tebow? Yes, Ive named them countless times in this thread and others before the draft. Are there things to dislike? Absolutely, does that make somebody a hater? No, only in your mind.

Tebow could suceed and my life will move on, Tebow could fail and my life will move on. I can promise you I wont be back here succeed or fail calling people out or asking for props.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Mechanically as far as passing motion I agree but neither of them had taken many snaps under center, both played a shotgun and Cam was playing a one read system at Auburn which was a big knock on him on this board if you recall. In addition Cam had only 2 years of college ball vs. 4 for Tebow and one of those was juco which is not the same. I'm surprised how quickly Cam is adjusting to the NFL it's pretty amazing. We'll have to wait and see on Tebow but he's ready to play IMO.

I disagree about Juco and that's an old argument that has been hashed out. Its relevant and people only want to discount it because they don't understand it.

Im not completely surprised about Cam, but before you, I, or the rest of get too amazed by him give it 5-6 more weeks. When he goes through the NFC South a 2nd time is when we really need to watch him. That's when we'll know if its him or if its just a lack of film the first time around.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Well, as I said before, Tebow lives his faith. And yes he is all about his missionary work & reaching out to people.

Football is his secular passion in life. And as I said before he loves the game so much that he would be willing to change position if it could be PROVED to HIM that he can't play QB in the NFL. I doubt that day ever happens.

He has been very cloack and dagger about the bolded part. He has never said that Im aware that he'd be open to it.

better days
10-14-2011, 09:00 AM
He has been very cloack and dagger about the bolded part. He has never said that Im aware that he'd be open to it.

He said it before before the draft when critics were saying he could not play QB in the NFL.

I can't remember his exact words, but to paraphrase he said Football is my passion, I love the game of football & if it can be proven to me in my mind that I can't be a QB in the NFL, I would be willing to switch positions to keep playing football.

better days
10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
I disagree about Juco and that's an old argument that has been hashed out. Its relevant and people only want to discount it because they don't understand it.

How can ANYONE that watches as much College Football as you post this? So we are to believe the competition, including the Coaching is as good in JUCO as it is in a 4 year College Conference? RIDICULOUS.

better days
10-14-2011, 09:15 AM
And you personify the stereotype of what makes you think Im a hater. You only choose to see things in black and white in regards to Tebow, which is fine.

But any critique of his ability or skill no matter how legitimate is immediately taken by you and used to label somebody as a hater. Which again is fine, but logically it doesnt make a lot of sense.

Are there things to like about Tebow? Yes, Ive named them countless times in this thread and others before the draft. Are there things to dislike? Absolutely, does that make somebody a hater? No, only in your mind.

Tebow could suceed and my life will move on, Tebow could fail and my life will move on. I can promise you I wont be back here succeed or fail calling people out or asking for props.

You may name Tebows positives, but you dismiss them as not as important as the negatives you list.

EVERYONES life will move on if Tebow succeeds or fails. You may not have started a thread when Orton was named starter at the begining of training camp but you posted in it gloating.

If Tebow fails, either you or another hater will start a thread about that. If you don't start it, I have no doubt that you will join in saying I told you so.

If Tebow succeeds as I expect, you are damn right I will be calling people out.

ddaryl
10-14-2011, 09:16 AM
6 pages of a Tebow debate... seriously ?????

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
How can ANYONE that watches as much College Football as you post this? So we are to believe the competition, including the Coaching is as good in JUCO as it is in a 4 year College Conference? RIDICULOUS.

Did I say that? You see this is why your characterization of me (or anybody) as a Tebow hater does not make logical sense.

You're read what you want to read, not what is actually being said.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
You may name Tebows positives, but you dismiss them as not as important as the negatives you list.

EVERYONES life will move on if Tebow succeeds or fails. You may not have started a thread when Orton was named starter at the begining of training camp but you posted in it gloating.

If Tebow fails, either you or another hater will start a thread about that. If you don't start it, I have no doubt that you will join in saying I told you so.

If Tebow succeeds as I expect, you are damn right I will be calling people out.

More examples, never did the stuff in the first.

Not really, I think I commented something to the extent of Im not surprised he needs time.

Never been something Ive done. I dont gloat, Im arrogant but I rarely gloat other than in a joking fashion (ex. DRC/Bell).

better days
10-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Im not completely surprised about Cam, but before you, I, or the rest of get too amazed by him give it 5-6 more weeks. When he goes through the NFC South a 2nd time is when we really need to watch him. That's when we'll know if its him or if its just a lack of film the first time around.

Here is your post about Juco. In order for Juco to be RELEVENT, it would have to have COMPARABLE COMPETITION to a 4 year program.

If the Competiton is not comparable, then it is NOT relevent.

better days
10-14-2011, 10:43 AM
More examples, never did the stuff in the first.

Not really, I think I commented something to the extent of Im not surprised he needs time.

Never been something Ive done. I dont gloat, Im arrogant but I rarely gloat other than in a joking fashion (ex. DRC/Bell).

Rather than starting a new thread when Tebow succeeds, I will look for that old thread & bump it, then we can see what the haters posted.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Here is your post about Juco. In order for Juco to be RELEVENT, it would have to have COMPARABLE COMPETITION to a 4 year program.

If the Competiton is not comparable, then it is NOT relevent.

Again you are reading or inferring what you want out of what I actually said. I never made a comparison I said that JUCO football is relevant. I shouldn't need to break it down any further, there are clear differences between those two words.

better days
10-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Again you are reading or inferring what you want out of what I actually said. I never made a comparison I said that JUCO football is relevant. I shouldn't need to break it down any further, there are clear differences between those two words.

OK, if the COMPETITION in JUCO is INFERIOR to a 4year program, explain how Newton playing in JUCO is relevent.

IMO if the competition is not the same then JUCO has NO RELEVENCE.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
OK, if the COMPETITION in JUCO is INFERIOR to a 4year program, explain how Newton playing in JUCO is relevent.

IMO if the competition is not the same then JUCO has NO RELEVENCE.

I never said it was or it wasn't. Your fascination with trying to prove something that isn't even relevant to the discussion though is amusing.

Why do you want to rehash the Cam Newton argument in the Tim Tebow thread again?

better days
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I never said it was or it wasn't. Your fascination with trying to prove something that isn't even relevant to the discussion though is amusing.

Why do you want to rehash the Cam Newton argument in the Tim Tebow thread again?

AGAIN, EXPLAIN how JUCO is RELEVENT. You havn't yet, because you can't, because it's NOT. You are the person that brought Juco into this thread, not me.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 12:07 PM
AGAIN, EXPLAIN how JUCO is RELEVENT. You havn't yet, because you can't, because it's NOT. You are the person that brought Juco into this thread, not me.

You can capitalize your entire post next time that doesn't change the fact that we've been over this and I have little interest in rehashing it during a pointless endeavor.

If you want to talk JUCO football start another thread about it in the Sports Zone. There are plenty of reasons why its relevant and as I asked last time if you haven't or don't watch it then your opinion on it is rather invalid since you don't know what you're even talking about.

better days
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
You can capitalize your entire post next time that doesn't change the fact that we've been over this and I have little interest in rehashing it during a pointless endeavor.

If you want to talk JUCO football start another thread about it in the Sports Zone. There are plenty of reasons why its relevant and as I asked last time if you haven't or don't watch it then your opinion on it is rather invalid since you don't know what you're even talking about.

Thanks for proving my point. You just throw CRAP out there & expect people to accept it as fact, just like the crap you say about Tebow.

When it comes down to it you have no logic or proof on your side.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for proving my point. You just throw CRAP out there & expect people to accept it as fact, just like the crap you say about Tebow.

When it comes down to it you have no logic or proof on your side.

I dont even watch football. I just guess most of the time, I also play russian roulette on a daily basis, and drink my weight in vodka nightly.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Tebow sucks. He's not a Bill. He won't be a longterm NFL QB. He's apparently an awesome God fearing human being.

Who cares.

/end thread

tampabay25690
10-14-2011, 04:10 PM

No I dont think you are a hater at all....
I think Tim will have to prove some people wrong and with the opportunity he will.
Could he be a H Back or a TE sure he could.
He could probably play LB as well.
Bottom line is a offense has to be set for him as well, he is not your typical drop pass QB and we all know that.
I guess we will see next week...

better days
10-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I dont even watch football. I just guess most of the time, I also play russian roulette on a daily basis, and drink my weight in vodka nightly.

Well, nothing to argue about with this post of yours.

imbondz
10-23-2011, 09:45 PM
bump.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2011, 10:14 PM
love tebow
plays with heart
lives with heart
may not be best nfl qb but I still like him
go Tebow! win a few as long as you dont beat the bills

RoscoeMagic
10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Tebow may be a flaming homo...but I'm rooting for him :up:

PromoTheRobot
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Tebow sucked today. Yes he came back and beat the stinkin' Dolphins, but Tebow personally dug that 15 point hole. Down 15 to the freakin' Matt Moore-led Dolphins! With 4 minutes to go I was amazed that John Fox was willing to flush a game down the toilet by letting Tebow keep playing. I would have benched him at halftime. If Orton played the 2nd half the Broncos would have won that game by 20 points.

PTR

RoscoeMagic
10-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Tebow sucked today. Yes he came back and beat the stinkin' Dolphins, but Tebow personally dug that 15 point hole. Down 15 to the freakin' Matt Moore-led Dolphins! With 4 minutes to go I was amazed that John Fox was willing to flush a game down the toilet by letting Tebow keep playing. I would have benched him at halftime. If Orton played the 2nd half the Broncos would have won that game by 20 points.

PTR

http://icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/haters21.jpg

imbondz
10-23-2011, 10:59 PM

PTR

you lose credibility when you say bs stuff like this. if you really believe it, then you haven't seen Orton play, and didn't watch the last 5 minutes of the game. Denver's Oline is atrocious. Tebow was sacked 7 times. He stunk it up the first 3.75 quarters but still had the heart to pull out a win, and finished the game with a 92% QB rating. it was an awesome ending, unbelievable.

PromoTheRobot
10-23-2011, 11:20 PM
you lose credibility when you say bs stuff like this. if you really believe it, then you haven't seen Orton play, and didn't watch the last 5 minutes of the game. Denver's Oline is atrocious. Tebow was sacked 7 times. He stunk it up the first 3.75 quarters but still had the heart to pull out a win, and finished the game with a 92% QB rating. it was an awesome ending, unbelievable.

Excuses. I watched the game. I saw Tebow look like a deer caught in headlights, missing open receivers by a mile. Before he drove for that TD he had all of 24 yards passing. Orton may be bad but Tebow was beyond brutal before the Fins choked.

PTR

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-24-2011, 06:34 AM
im not sure why people root AGAINST tebow..... dude's not even playing against us nor his he a threat to our playoff hopes so there is no reason to hate the man like you could hate brady....
so why would you dispise and openly root against the guy?

tampabay25690
10-24-2011, 06:41 AM

PTR

I won't argue with you on that at all.
He was bad, worst I ever seen him play in his college or NFL career.
I will be honest, I don't know if the Broncos even want him to succeed....
Just my opinion.
Luved the comeback by him and the Broncos though....

I will say I can't believe they have to have a Gator day in Miami just to sell tickets.... That's not good at all......Stadium was still half empty....

Night Train
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM
im not sure why people root AGAINST tebow..... dude's not even playing against us nor his he a threat to our playoff hopes so there is no reason to hate the man like you could hate brady....
so why would you dispise and openly root against the guy?

He gets 10 times the pub he deserves.

I have nothing against the guy but the media is obviously trying to force feed him to the public.

PromoTheRobot
10-24-2011, 07:52 AM

I have nothing against the guy but the media is obviously trying to force feed him to the public.
+1. If that were Ryan Fitzpatrick who played that game no one would be talking about what an awesome QB he is. It would be about how bad he sucked all game and got lucky against a bad team at the end. But because it was Saint Timmy he just wins.

PTR

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-24-2011, 08:12 AM
+1. If that were Ryan Fitzpatrick who played that game no one would be talking about what an awesome QB he is. It would be about how bad he sucked all game and got lucky against a bad team at the end. But because it was Saint Timmy he just wins.

PTR
so what you are saying is that you hate him because people want him to be successful cause hes a decent person...

thats logical

used to be that when a person was trying honorably and is succesful at what they do, people respected and admired that.

now everyones definition of success may be diff but tebow has been nothing if not successful.... has he won in the nfl yet? still to be determined, but you cant argue the success hes had already and no one GAVE him that success he earned it

better days
10-24-2011, 08:37 AM

Well, the medias job is to get traffic to who they work for. Tebow brings that traffic like no other because even people that hate him will read or listen about him just to hear the story.

better days
10-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Excuses. I watched the game. I saw Tebow look like a deer caught in headlights, missing open receivers by a mile. Before he drove for that TD he had all of 24 yards passing. Orton may be bad but Tebow was beyond brutal before the Fins choked.

PTR

Orton would NEVER have had the heart to lead that team back to the win. Despite not playing well for most of the game, the Broncos did not give up. You can credit Tebows LEADERSHIP for that win, not the Fins choking.

The Fins did not give that game away, the Tebow led Broncos took it from them.

Bill Cody
10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Orton would NEVER have had the heart to lead that team back to the win. Despite not playing well for most of the game, the Broncos did not give up. You can credit Tebows LEADERSHIP for that, not the Fins choking.

I'll give him that. Quite a comeback, Tebow showed leadership and heart. And it was his first NFL start so he should improve. But he will need to. Miami is not good but Tim made them look like the Steel Curtain for 55 minutes.

PromoTheRobot
10-24-2011, 09:07 AM
so what you are saying is that you hate him because people want him to be successful cause hes a decent person...

thats logical

used to be that when a person was trying honorably and is succesful at what they do, people respected and admired that.

now everyones definition of success may be diff but tebow has been nothing if not successful.... has he won in the nfl yet? still to be determined, but you cant argue the success hes had already and no one GAVE him that success he earned it

I don't hate anyone. I'm calling people out on their silly double standard.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Orton would NEVER have had the heart to lead that team back to the win. Despite not playing well for most of the game, the Broncos did not give up. You can credit Tebows LEADERSHIP for that win, not the Fins choking.

My point was that Orton would not have had to lead the Broncos to a come back because he would have scored 28 points on the Dolphins in the first place. The only reason Tebow had to come back from 15 down is because he was terrible all game.

PTR

better days
10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
I'll give him that. Quite a comeback, Tebow showed leadership and heart. And it was his first NFL start so he should improve. But he will need to. Miami is not good but Tim made them look like the Steel Curtain for 55 minutes.

Well, I think Tebow win help the Broncs beat mediocre teams this year, but the Broncos are not a good enough team to win against good teams & Tebow may get good enough eventually to carry a team on his back, but he is not there yet.

The offense did not put up any points for most of that game, but Tebow & the offense did not give up any points either. The 15 the Fins scored were on the Broncos defense.

Bill Cody
10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Well, I think Tebow win help the Broncs beat mediocre teams this year, but the Broncos are not a good enough team to win against good teams & Tebow may get good enough eventually to carry a team on his back, but he is not there yet.

The offense did not put up any points for most of that game, but Tebow & the offense did not give up any points either. The 15 the Fins scored were on the Broncos defense.

Unless that mediocre team goes by the name "Indianapolis Colts" he's going to have to be better to win another game.

tampabay25690
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM

Plain and simple the Broncos were bad yesterday and Miami was worse....
Tebow had a bad game and so did all the Broncos.
He did what he needed to do to win the game but he needs to be much better next game...Look for Tim to be sharp from the 1st snap..

better days
10-24-2011, 09:37 AM
My point was that Orton would not have had to lead the Broncos to a come back because he would have scored 28 points on the Dolphins in the first place. The only reason Tebow had to come back from 15 down is because he was terrible all game.

PTR

Sure Orton would have put up 28. Just like he put up all those points in the Broncos last game he played. Oh wait a minute, Tebow was put in that game because Orton SUCKED & the Broncos were hopelessly behind the Chargers, not because Orton had them so far out in front it was clean up time. Tebow came in & almost won that game.

Orton has had PLENTY of time to prove he SUCKED for the Broncos. You obviously have not watched him play since joining the Broncos. He was 3-10 last year & 1-4 & playing terribly before losing his starting job to Tebow this year.

better days
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Unless that mediocre team goes by the name "Indianapolis Colts" he's going to have to be better to win another game.

He will play better & the Broncos will win some games this year with Tebow LEADING them.

Ed
10-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Tebow looked terrible for 57 minutes yesterday, and I mean terrible. He deserves credit for playing well at the end, but he still needed a lot of luck. Recovering onside kicks is a low percentage play and the Miami player should have been able to hang on to that ball. He was also fortunate that the D came up with a turnover in FG range in OT. I don't know what Moore was thinking not even protecting the ball with a guy coming right at him, but whatever. This dolphin team is so bad it's painful. Tebow is going to have to improve significantly if the Broncos are going to win some more games.

better days
10-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Tebow looked terrible for 57 minutes yesterday, and I mean terrible. He deserves credit for playing well at the end, but he still needed a lot of luck. Recovering onside kicks is a low percentage play and the Miami player should have been able to hang on to that ball. He was also fortunate that the D came up with a turnover in FG range in OT. I don't know what Moore was thinking not even protecting the ball with a guy coming right at him, but whatever. This dolphin team is so bad it's painful. Tebow is going to have to improve significantly if the Broncos are going to win some more games.

Well, like I said, the Fins did not give the game away, the Broncos took the game from them just as they took that ball out of Moores hands.

The Broncos kept plugging away, they did not give up although they were far behind with little time left. I credit that to Tebows leadership & the teams belief in him.

Bill Cody
10-24-2011, 10:58 AM
He will play better & the Broncos will win some games this year with Tebow LEADING them.

I admire your optimism. The Lions are coming in this week and they're reeling a bit. Good test for Tebow. I am not optimistic on his chances if he looks remotely like he did for most of the game Sunday. In fact it's not clear to me where the "some games" will come from for the Broncos, I'm thinking 1 more win. And I don't have a dog in this argument.

Ed
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Well, like I said, the Fins did not give the game away, the Broncos took the game from them just as they took that ball out of Moores hands.

The Broncos kept plugging away, they did not give up although they were far behind with little time left. I credit that to Tebows leadership & the teams belief in him.
I think the Fins did give the game away. Instead of pressuring Tebow and forcing him to make mistakes like they did all game, they went to a prevent d and looked soft and lazy at the end like they already had the game in the bag.

As for the team believing in Tebow, I think you're confusing the players with fans.

better days
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
I admire your optimism. The Lions are coming in this week and they're reeling a bit. Good test for Tebow. I am not optimistic on his chances if he looks remotely like he did for most of the game Sunday. In fact it's not clear to me where the "some games" will come from for the Broncos, I'm thinking 1 more win. And I don't have a dog in this argument.

It would be a GREAT win to beat the Lions for the Broncos, the Lions are a GOOD team.

I think the Broncos could reasonably beat the Raiders, K.C., & Minn. They may also have a win or two that is unexpected against a good team.

mightysimi
10-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Well you can tell that the coaching staff has confidence in Tebow. I mean they let him throw it 8 times in 3 quarters. If that doesn't say go win it with your arm, I don't know what does.

better days
10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Well you can tell that the coaching staff has confidence in Tebow. I mean they let him throw it 8 times in 3 quarters. If that doesn't say go win it with your arm, I don't know what does.

Well it says they have nobody to throw the ball to after trading the only WR that was worth a damn on the team.

Ed
10-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Well it says they have nobody to throw the ball to after trading the only WR that was worth a damn on the team.
Absolutely not true. Tebow had receivers wide open yesterday multiple times and he still managed to miss them by a mile.

better days
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Absolutely not true. Tebow had receivers wide open yesterday multiple times and he still managed to miss them by a mile.

NOT TRUE there was at least one Fin DB drapped over the Broncos WR's all day long. And you don't know that the WR's ran the right route as far as the passes being off.

Tebow threw one pass to the sideline when the WR was in the middle of the field. That tells me Tebow expected him to be on the sideline & he ran the wrong route.

Ed
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
NOT TRUE there was at least one Fin DB drapped over the Broncos WR's all day long. And you don't know that the WR's ran the right route as far as the passes being off.

Tebow threw one pass to the sideline when the WR was in the middle of the field. That tells me Tebow expected him to be on the sideline & he ran the wrong route.
Oh my god dude take the tebow worshiping blinders off. He missed open throws all game. He couldn't even hit the RB from 5 yards away.

We get it, you love Tebow and he can do no wrong. You are completely incapable of having an objective discussion about.

Let's just see how he does against any other team not called the Miami Dolphins.

better days
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh my god dude take the tebow worshiping blinders off. He missed open throws all game. He couldn't even hit the RB from 5 yards away.

We get it, you love Tebow and he can do no wrong. You are completely incapable of having an objective discussion about.

Let's just see how he does against any other team not called the Miami Dolphins.

We will see how he does. Whatever he does, it will be with LITTLE HELP at WR, that is a FACT.

It is a fact his WR's were well covered all game long. The passes he completed were in spite of good coverage by Miami not because his WR's were wide open.

Tebow set a number of NCAA passing records at Florida, playing in the SEC against MANY DB's that now play in the NFL. You don't SET RECORDS in the SEC with an arm as bad as his critics make his out to be.

I seem to remember a nice screen pass he completed at the end of the Fins game for a TD. As well as a few other passes before that.

Bill Cody
10-24-2011, 12:22 PM
We will see how he does. Whatever he does, it will be with LITTLE HELP at WR, that is a FACT.

Well that's a plus right? If he fails you'll have excuses all ready.

better days
10-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Well that's a plus right? If he fails you'll have excuses all ready.

Well, you can & will call them excuses, but they are FACTS. There were people on this board willing to give up a 3rd rnd pick or better for Lloyd.

There is no WR left on that team that anyone would be willing to trade a 4th or 5th rnd pick for. No WR on that team would even start for another team let alone be the #1 & #2 receivers.

JoeMama
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
It's amazing some of the mental gymnastics people put their minds through in order to defend Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow is a talented guy, a likable guy. I have nothing against him. But holy **** his fans are most hyper-annoying, over-zealous people on the planet.

imbondz
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
It's amazing some of the mental gymnastics people put their minds through in order to defend Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow is a talented guy, a likable guy. I have nothing against him. But holy **** his fans are most hyper-annoying, over-zealous people on the planet.

we have to counter all the ridiculous, hyper annoying tebow haters who have zero reason to hate him

imbondz
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
At halftime of the game Marino ripped Tebow a new one saying he sucks. Cower responds, 'Id like to see a little more before I judge him'. lol. Gotta love cower

Mr. Miyagi
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
At halftime of the game Marino ripped Tebow a new one saying he sucks. Cower responds, 'Id like to see a little more before I judge him'. lol. Gotta love cower
Marino is a horrible commentator. He's just so biased.

JoeMama
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
we have to counter all the ridiculous, hyper annoying tebow haters who have zero reason to hate him

Who or what are you referencing?

I see a couple guys criticizing his overall performance vs the Dolphins, but none of it comes across as blind hatred. It's a football assessment, nothing personal.

I don't understand where all this imaginary vitriol is coming from. Not everyone agrees he's going to be a great NFL QB. Hate seems like a strong term for that.

DraftBoy
10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Who or what are you referencing?

I see a couple guys criticizing his overall performance vs the Dolphins, but none of it comes across as blind hatred. It's a football assessment, nothing personal.

I don't understand where all this imaginary vitriol is coming from. Not everyone agrees he's going to be a great NFL QB. Hate seems like a strong term for that.

You know exactly why there is such vitrol over this guy.

Any thing pointed out as wrong is immediately categorized as hate and anything he does even remotely well is blown up to such epic proportions that its almost impossible to have a rationale discussion about his performances.

stuckincincy
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
You know exactly why there is such vitrol over this guy.

Any thing pointed out as wrong is immediately categorized as hate and anything he does even remotely well is blown up to such epic proportions that its almost impossible to have a rationale discussion about his performances.

Please tell me...us...exactly why.

better days
10-24-2011, 10:11 PM

I worked today & ESPN was on in the background. It seemed like hours, show after show of the ESPN "experts" calling Tebows play against Miami terrible, atrocious, on & on. Then at the end of the vitriol a sentence or two about how you have to give him credit for winning the game.

Well, I will tell you who played atrocious, terrible Sunday, Kyle Boller & Carson Palmer. Now that was ATROCIOUS QB play.

Tebow did not play well for most of that game, but he was not responsible for a single point the Fins scored. He did not play well, but MANY QB's have played MUCH worse than Tebow did in that game.

Yet I hear HOURS & HOURS of criticism about Tebows play & maybe a short blurb about Boler & Palmers poor play. That is why Tebow fans need to defend him.

Gables
10-24-2011, 11:07 PM
I worked today & ESPN was on in the background. It seemed like hours, show after show of the ESPN "experts" calling Tebows play against Miami terrible, atrocious, on & on. Then at the end of the vitriol a sentence or two about how you have to give him credit for winning the game.

Well, I will tell you who played atrocious, terrible Sunday, Kyle Boller & Carson Palmer. Now that was ATROCIOUS QB play.

Tebow did not play well for most of that game, but he was not responsible for a single point the Fins scored. He did not play well, but MANY QB's have played MUCH worse than Tebow did in that game.

Yet I hear HOURS & HOURS of criticism about Tebows play & maybe a short blurb about Boler & Palmers poor play. That is why Tebow fans need to defend him.

Hopefully this guy did a better job wiping down the Wendy's salad bar, than he did listening to what was actually said by the ESPN talking heads.

Did you go to UF, Mongo?

better days
10-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Hopefully this guy did a better job wiping down the Wendy's salad bar, than he did listening to what was actually said by the ESPN talking heads.

Did you go to UF, Mongo?

HA HA. I heard what was said just fine. Your sense of humor probably equals your football IQ.

ANYONE that does not think ESPN is full of TEBOW Haters does not watch ESPN.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2011, 04:01 AM

Everyone knows Boller sucks. Boller's sucked since he came into the league. JP and Kyle Boller are the same exact player, how Boller still has a job is baffling.

Palmer got a pass because there was no thought originally of him even playing in the game, the fact he got 5% of the reps they said, no preseason, no nothing. So you threw a guy who knew basically nothing of the offense and developed no chemistry of anyone on it.

There's why those two got blurbs.

better days
10-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Everyone knows Boller sucks. Boller's sucked since he came into the league. JP and Kyle Boller are the same exact player, how Boller still has a job is baffling.

Palmer got a pass because there was no thought originally of him even playing in the game, the fact he got 5% of the reps they said, no preseason, no nothing. So you threw a guy who knew basically nothing of the offense and developed no chemistry of anyone on it.

There's why those two got blurbs.

Palmer was supposedly working out on his own all offseason. He is a VET & should know how to read defenses. I doubt anyone thought Boler would play that badly. Boler should have been cut after that game ended.

You would think both Palmer & Boler would have played better than they did. Probably the worst performance by two QB's on the same team ever in one game.

You would have thought Tebow threw 6 Ints with 2 pick 6's included & lost that game instead of 0 ints & winning the game to hear how he was criticized.

DraftBoy
10-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Please tell me...us...exactly why.

Same reason most people can't discuss social issues, religion, or politics. The inability to seperate emotion from logic.

People literally love Tebow, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and on the other side some people literally hate him, again nothing wrong with that either if that's how you float your boat.

But when you fail to take that emotion out and look at things objectively, you compromise you ability to have a rationale discussion of the issue at hand.

Skooby
10-25-2011, 07:04 AM
What does this have to do with the Bills ? (besides Christmas eve) Is this even in the right forum ??

stuckincincy
10-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Same reason most people can't discuss social issues, religion, or politics. The inability to seperate emotion from logic.

People literally love Tebow, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and on the other side some people literally hate him, again nothing wrong with that either if that's how you float your boat.

But when you fail to take that emotion out and look at things objectively, you compromise you ability to have a rationale discussion of the issue at hand.

Well said.

Philagape
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
He had another late touchdown this week! Wow!!

(two bad his first two TDs were for the other team)

better days
10-30-2011, 06:42 PM
He had another late touchdown this week! Wow!!

(two bad his first two TDs were for the other team)

Yeah the Broncos suck because of Tebow. LOL.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah the Broncos suck because of Tebow. LOL.

Today is what happens when you play a good team and your QB looks like absolute crap for 50 minutes unlike what happened last week.