PDA

View Full Version : flex games

Billsfan3
10-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Anyone think the bills get a chance to have a sunday night game at the Ralph or maybe a game on the road on sunday night?

Bone
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I sure as hell hope so, what weeks are those in effect?

Billsfan3
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
i think week 11,12,13,14,15 and 17 i think

Bone
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Week 12,14, or 17 would make the most sense.

G Wolly
10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
If we keep this up, I can see the Jan. 1st game being flexed into Sunday Night against the Pats.

justasportsfan
10-11-2011, 03:13 PM
If we keep this up, I can see the Jan. 1st game being flexed into Sunday Night against the Pats.

Thigpen vs. Brady

northernbillfan
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I hope not. The past few years the team has preformed like crap on primetime.

Ed
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
All games for week 17 are played during the day. There's no night game.

If they keep winning though, they're definitely a candidate for a flex game since they're one of the only teams who don't play in prime time this year and they're exciting to watch.

psubills62
10-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I hope not. The past few years the team has preformed like crap on primetime.
Nevertheless, I'd be interested to see a how a team coached by Gailey performs under the lights.

theanswer74
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Only weeks I see possible are week 12 and 13, the other weeks have good games.

OpIv37
10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
As an out-of-towner, a flex game would be nice because it would allow me to watch the team at home. But, I hope we don't get one because I hate the flex policy.

First, it makes it difficult on fans who have to travel for the game. Even people coming from Rochester get hosed because they won't get home until 2 in the morning. It makes it less likely for me to travel to the games knowing the NFL could change the time and screw up my travel plans, and I know I'm not the only one.

Second, as nbf pointed out, the Bills play like crap on nationally televised night games. Granted, things appear to be different now, but I'd rather not take the chance.

trapezeus
10-11-2011, 03:32 PM
not worried about the bills playing like crap on primetime this year. this team has a focus and if you read a lot of the post game comments, they are just flat out prepared. time adn time again you read, "we knew that play was coming."

That's straight up out coaching another team.

as for the travel concerns, yeah, that blows.

stuckincincy
10-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Anyone think the bills get a chance to have a sunday night game at the Ralph or maybe a game on the road on sunday night?

Hard to say - what with the compressed bye-week scheme.

BillyT92679
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Week 17 could be flexed

I think the at Jets game the end of November will be flexed. Replaces Steelers at Chiefs.

theanswer74
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
As an out-of-towner, a flex game would be nice because it would allow me to watch the team at home. But, I hope we don't get one because I hate the flex policy.

First, it makes it difficult on fans who have to travel for the game. Even people coming from Rochester get hosed because they won't get home until 2 in the morning. It makes it less likely for me to travel to the games knowing the NFL could change the time and screw up my travel plans, and I know I'm not the only one.

Second, as nbf pointed out, the Bills play like crap on nationally televised night games. Granted, things appear to be different now, but I'd rather not take the chance.

Yeah go figure, a crappy team playing like crap on National TV. Who would have thunk it.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I honestly could see the Bronco's, xmas eve game get flex if it means we can secure a playoff spot and Tebow is playing well.

Billsfan3
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
there are no flex games in week 16 MOATES packers and bears are secured to that sunday night game

OpIv37
10-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah go figure, a crappy team playing like crap on National TV. Who would have thunk it.

even in the games where they didn't play crappy- like the Patriots and Dallas games- they still managed to lose. And not just lose, but lose in epic, soul-crushing fashion.

alohabillsfan
10-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Sonner or later the team will have to learn how to win on the biggest stage so, go for it!

better days
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM

If the Bills get flexed, lets hope it is an away game.