PDA

View Full Version : Bills add Tim Toone to practice squad

DBrown77
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Released Brandon Bing.

Anyone heard of Toone? I wonder if Aiken will get promoted this week.

DraftBoy
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Tim Toone comes from Weber State and was part of the 2010 draft class.

5'10, 185 lbs WR who has good quickness, loose hips, and above average speed. Ran the 40 in about 4.4, but only has a 36" vertical. Drew a lot of Welker comparisons in his draft class but hasn't panned out so far.

He was Mr. Irrelevant in the 2010 draft taken by Detroit and spent all of 2010 on their IR (broken tibia), was released on 9/28. Many people were high on him coming out of school.

justasportsfan
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Mr Irrelevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrFeciiS_Uw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJpm2iLg0E&feature=related

psubills62
10-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Sounds more like a slot receiver than outside guy. We kind of need the latter right now.

Coach Sal
10-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I think he's the first Mr. Irrelevant the Bills have ever had, but not sure.

theanswer74
10-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Looks like no 53 man roster moves this week, meaning Brad Smith and CJ Spiller probably get increased roles.

mysticsoto
10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Looks like no 53 man roster moves this week, meaning Brad Smith and CJ Spiller probably get increased roles.

We paid ALOT of money for CJ...put him in at WR and let's see what he can do. He's been showing signs of improvement in the last couple of games. But we can't sit Freddy, so this is another way to get him some opportunities...

acehole
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I think he's the first Mr. Irrelevant the Bills have ever had, but not sure.

You forget Trend Edwards.

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Released Brandon Bing.

Anyone heard of Toone? I wonder if Aiken will get promoted this week.
So we hired TT and fired BB?

Mr. Miyagi
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
We paid ALOT of money for CJ...put him in at WR and let's see what he can do. He's been showing signs of improvement in the last couple of games. But we can't sit Freddy, so this is another way to get him some opportunities...
I don't know why we can't put Freddie and CJ on the field at the same time. Both could catch a swing pass or dump off and run like hell with it. And both are decent pass blockers.

The Jokeman
10-11-2011, 05:47 PM
So we hired TT and fired BB?
and lord knows you were clamoring we go after DDs.

k-oneputt
10-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh boy. I can see this guy will be an instant fan favorite and many will want him starting in two weeks.
small school, underdog, long hair, mr. irrelevant, doesn't get a fair shake, .....

acehole
10-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know why we can't put Freddie and CJ on the field at the same time. Both could catch a swing pass or dump off and run like hell with it. And both are decent pass blockers.

CJ is not bad in slot at times ....pump fake...

TigerJ
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I would think Spiller could play a receiving role much like Parrish filled. They have similar size though Spiller's a little bigger. Both are quick and elusive, and Spiller would easily beat Parrish in a footrace. That said, Toone also sounds like that kind of receiver, though again he's a bit bigger than Parrish.

DesertFox24
10-12-2011, 08:15 AM
This guy will be interesting to watch this offseason and training camp, especially if the bills do not resign Parrish.

He is bigger than Parrish and although not as quick as Parrish has good quickness and acceleration.

I am not going to say he will become our Wes Welker cloan, but I am not going to say he will not be either.

Hopefully he stays on the team throughout the season and he gets to work with our WRs this offseason and with Fitz and maybe we might have something.

Also something else that people need to talk about is that good QBs make average WRs look good.

Best example is Tom Brady got the pats a first round pick for Deion Branch and he did nothing for Seattle.

Maybe Stevie is right when saying they are productive because of what Fitz does, and maybe he can make average WRs look good.

That being said I do think Stevie is a legit number 1 on any NFL team that does not have Larry Fitz, Megatron, or Andre Johnson because he does have great strong hands, great leaping ability, and great hip wiggle.

I also think Donald Jones and Nelson would make teams, but I am not sure they would be as productive with other QBs as they are with us. Well with Tom Brady they would.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm thinking Roscoe is probably on the last leg with the Bills due to this injury. Where would he go? I heard the Pats were pretty high on him when he came out. And if you were Roscoe, wouldn't you want to have Brady throw to you? Look at career path of Welker with another QB to Brady.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh boy. I can see this guy will be an instant fan favorite and many will want him starting in two weeks.
small school, underdog, long hair, mr. irrelevant, doesn't get a fair shake, .....

Does it bug you that we have a Youngstown State and now Weber State WR on this team?

TigerJ
10-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking Roscoe is probably on the last leg with the Bills due to this injury. Where would he go? I heard the Pats were pretty high on him when he came out. And if you were Roscoe, wouldn't you want to have Brady throw to you? Look at career path of Welker with another QB to Brady.

I want the Patriots to only sign scrubs. Maybe if we all wrote to Bill Belichick. Naw, that probably won't work.

k-oneputt
10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Does it bug you that we have a Youngstown State and now Weber State WR on this team?

You forgot Buffalo.

Like I keep telling you, dime a dozen.

It's about the qb and o-line. Then fill in the rest.

PromoTheRobot
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM

No not ever...not until you brought it up...mmmmmmmm...nope, still doesn't bug me. Should it?

PTR

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
You forgot Buffalo.

Like I keep telling you, dime a dozen.

It's about the qb and o-line. Then fill in the rest.

You act like there are a plethora of players to add right now that would make a difference.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
No not ever...not until you brought it up...mmmmmmmm...nope, still doesn't bug me. Should it?

PTR

No not at all but some posters here don't like kids based on what school they went to.

k-oneputt
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
You act like there are a plethora of players to add right now that would make a difference.

I guess you don't understand. There are a pletora of wr's who can get the job done. If and it's a big if, the o-line keeps playing well and protects Fitz and continues to provide good run blocking, Fitz will get the job done.

DesertFox24
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I guess you don't understand. There are a pletora of wr's who can get the job done. If and it's a big if, the o-line keeps playing well and protects Fitz and continues to provide good run blocking, Fitz will get the job done.

Please tell us who are these WRs that can get the job done that you speak of. I guess 31 other teams are stupid as well.

Also he is on the practice squad, we are getting a look at him and if they like him he will get a chance next offseason and training camp.

k-oneputt
10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm sure next up will be some combo of Brad Smith and Spiller. what do you think ?
They didn't seem to miss a beat when Roosevelt stepped in.
Last I knew our wr's consist of a 7th rd. pick and a bunch of free agents.
Like I said, easily found.

k-oneputt
10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Johnson, Nelson, Roosevelt, and Spiller. Those are the next group of receivers that get the job done.
Now the o-tackles, this could be a problem with injuries mounting. These guys are a different story just plugging a guy in there. If we don't get this straightend out and Fitz goes down, it's all over.