PDA

View Full Version : What I think is an AWESOME quote by Stevie

BillsWin
10-11-2011, 10:14 PM
"I don’t really think of it like that I just thought of it as an opportunity to show the world who we are and I can’t lie I was a little frustrated in the game because I wanted to attack Nnamdi (Asomugha), (Dominique-Rodgers) Cromartie, and Asante (Samuel) and I wanted to show that I can play on their level and my receivers can match up against those guys, but it’s obvious that Freddie got off to a great start so we were gonna roll with that. I couldn’t be too mad at the fact that we had a guy running the ball all over the place and doing his thing. Play my role, do what I was supposed to do, and I will have plenty of opportunities to show who we are as a receiving group. That Sunday wasn’t our day, it was all Freddie J.”

Stevie has taken it upon himself to be a leader in the Buffalo receiving corps.

He calls them 'his' receivers. Like they're his brothers and he feels like they are disrespected and wants them to be able to showcase their skills against the best of the best.

I love this guy.

BillsWin
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/10/11/buffalo-bills-afc-east-nfl-week-6-games-stevie-johnson-philadelphia-eagles/

X-Era
10-12-2011, 05:21 AM
My favorite Bills since the super bowl years.

acehole
10-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Ego is a good thing in pro sports.

He is also showing he is a competitor.

As long as he isnt M Irving I think we will be fine.

I am with you on liking what he said.

These guys like bieng Buffalo Bills which you don't get somtime from the guys we have. From K Williams to Fitz to S Johnson. We gave them a chance and they are greatfull Unlike J Peters and Pat Williams.

"I don’t really think of it like that I just thought of it as an opportunity to show the world who we are and I can’t lie I was a little frustrated in the game because I wanted to attack Nnamdi (Asomugha), (Dominique-Rodgers) Cromartie, and Asante (Samuel) and I wanted to show that I can play on their level and my receivers can match up against those guys, but it’s obvious that Freddie got off to a great start so we were gonna roll with that. I couldn’t be too mad at the fact that we had a guy running the ball all over the place and doing his thing. Play my role, do what I was supposed to do, and I will have plenty of opportunities to show who we are as a receiving group. That Sunday wasn’t our day, it was all Freddie J.”

Stevie has taken it upon himself to be a leader in the Buffalo receiving corps.

He calls them 'his' receivers. Like they're his brothers and he feels like they are disrespected and wants them to be able to showcase their skills against the best of the best.

I love this guy.

DraftBoy
10-12-2011, 07:42 AM
He's a gamer without a doubt.

cgbm
10-12-2011, 08:22 AM
thats exactly what will lead a team to the land.

guys taking leadership roles and mentoring their peers.

the fact that he is calling them his recievers implies that he is their leader and is showing these young guys the ropes and sharing talent and knowledge.

or he could be like TO. and Ocho. and just want the ball all the time to showcase his skills, and never make it to the land because its their show.

stand up classy guy that will more than likely have a C on his chest next year if he keeps it up.

hes exactly what every team in the NFL wishes they had on their squad.

GREAT POST btw!!!

long live bubbles.

better days
10-12-2011, 08:40 AM

These guys like bieng Buffalo Bills which you don't get somtime from the guys we have. From K Williams to Fitz to S Johnson. We gave them a chance and they are greatfull Unlike J Peters and Pat Williams.

And you can add Merriman & Barnett among others as players HAPPY to be in Buffalo on the Bills.

I remember an interview Barnett did on NFL Network. He said "when I was in Green Bay, We were like well, at least we aren't in Buffalo" "Then I got here & I was like wow, this place is great. Great fans, the atmosphere at the Stadium is awsome."

WeAreArthurMoates
10-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Stevie is by far one of my favorite players along with Marcell, Fitz and Freddy.

we are
10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
You can tell on twitter that Roosevelt, jones, and Nelson really look up to Johnson kind of as sort of a big brother.

Johnson has been quiet the last two weeks let's hope he breaks out

ublinkwescore
10-12-2011, 11:10 AM
You can tell on twitter that Roosevelt, jones, and Nelson really look up to Johnson kind of as sort of a big brother.

i wouldn't worry about that too much... every reciever has his off weeks. better now than later on in the season when the games become increasingly important. we really need New England to drop another game.

TigerJ
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
For years, one of the complaints about the Bills was that they had no identity. It's nice to see a new identity developing before our eyes. Players like Stevie Johnson are a big part of it.

acehole
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
And you can add Merriman & Barnett among others as players HAPPY to be in Buffalo on the Bills.

I remember an interview Barnett did on NFL Network. He said "when I was in Green Bay, We were like well, at least we aren't in Buffalo" "Then I got here & I was like wow, this place is great. Great fans, the atmosphere at the Stadium is awsome."

Sheesh they said that in GB?

Sheesh.

Goobylal
10-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I wish his groin would heal, but that will take the off-season. Hopefully they can get some guys back after the bye week and those who are injured feel a lot better.

ServoBillieves
10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
PAY. THE. MAN. PAY. THE. MAN. PAY. THE. MAN.

Like, honestly, if this team continues down the road that it's heading, it'll be kinda nice to see them possibly want to stay Bills. As of right now though? Finally, not the team, but a certain few players are getting national recognition, and it might get to their heads. Freddy is on the front page of NFL.com almost every day, Fitzy has been, and Stevie is making his presence known.

This team needs to lock these fan favorites up.

spacecowboy
10-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I love to hear things like this. He really seems like a down to earth guy, that knows this is a team game, and he is putting it on himself to be a leader, and I think its great.

Extremebillsfan247
10-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Most of them are the guys who got dumped on, left out, or thought of as not good enough. Most of them fought through the humility that usually comes with a 4-12 season together, learned how to win under Chan Gailey, a coach who took a job that no one else wanted, and now feel like they as a unit can beat any team in the league.

This is a battle hardened and well tested group of players that would go to war for each other. That kind of camaraderie is tough to find on a football team. That's old school, and has the touch of Gailey all over it. That probably has a lot to do with why they like it here. JMO

thenry20
10-13-2011, 04:26 AM

You are sadly mistaken if you think for 1 second that Pat didn't want to continue his career here. The coaching staff wanted him back desperately. Donohoe for whatever perverse reasons thought that he was asking for too much and thus jettisoned him from the squad.

You need to ask a Vikings fan or somebody here who knows how paltry his demands were at the time. Williams was in fact going to take a "hometown" discount to stay. He signed for far below market value and surprisingly there wasn't league wide interest in him.

thenry20
10-13-2011, 04:30 AM

You might not realize this but Stevie has been suffering thru a minor injury, This is why I don't think they throw much his way much.

Besides Fitz isn't locking on 1 guy at any time and has been distributing the ball evenly among the receiving corprs. This makes it harder for D coordinators to game plan against us.

better days
10-13-2011, 07:48 AM
You are sadly mistaken if you think for 1 second that Pat didn't want to continue his career here. The coaching staff wanted him back desperately. Donohoe for whatever perverse reasons thought that he was asking for too much and thus jettisoned him from the squad.

You need to ask a Vikings fan or somebody here who knows how paltry his demands were at the time. Williams was in fact going to take a "hometown" discount to stay. He signed for far below market value and surprisingly there wasn't league wide interest in him.

I think it was Gregg Williams that was responsible for Pat leaving Buffalo myself.

better days
10-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Sheesh they said that in GB?

Sheesh.

Yeah, Barnett was on with Nate Burleson from Detroit. I guess they are old friends, they work out together in the offseason. They both said they wanted to bring a winning culture to Detroit & Buffalo & change the perception of the two Cities around the league among players so free agents will want to come here.

Barnett is a really funny guy & I could tell from that interview he must be great in the locker room.