• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

What I think is an AWESOME quote by Stevie

"I don’t really think of it like that I just thought of it as an opportunity to show the world who we are and I can’t lie I was a little frustrated in the game because I wanted to attack Nnamdi (Asomugha), (Dominique-Rodgers) Cromartie, and Asante (Samuel) and I wanted to show that I can play on their level and my receivers can match up against those guys, but it’s obvious that Freddie got off to a great start so we were gonna roll with that. I couldn’t be too mad at the fact that we had a guy running the ball all over the place and doing his thing. Play my role, do what I was supposed to do, and I will have plenty of opportunities to show who we are as a receiving group. That Sunday wasn’t our day, it was all Freddie J.”

Stevie has taken it upon himself to be a leader in the Buffalo receiving corps.

He calls them 'his' receivers. Like they're his brothers and he feels like they are disrespected and wants them to be able to showcase their skills against the best of the best.

I love this guy.
    I am The Batman.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: What I think is an AWESOME quote by Stevie

I am The Batman.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

My favorite Bills since the super bowl years.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Ego is a good thing in pro sports.

He is also showing he is a competitor.

As long as he isnt M Irving I think we will be fine.

I am with you on liking what he said.

These guys like bieng Buffalo Bills which you don't get somtime from the guys we have. From K Williams to Fitz to S Johnson. We gave them a chance and they are greatfull Unlike J Peters and Pat Williams.

Originally posted by BillsWin
        "I don’t really think of it like that I just thought of it as an opportunity to show the world who we are and I can’t lie I was a little frustrated in the game because I wanted to attack Nnamdi (Asomugha), (Dominique-Rodgers) Cromartie, and Asante (Samuel) and I wanted to show that I can play on their level and my receivers can match up against those guys, but it’s obvious that Freddie got off to a great start so we were gonna roll with that. I couldn’t be too mad at the fact that we had a guy running the ball all over the place and doing his thing. Play my role, do what I was supposed to do, and I will have plenty of opportunities to show who we are as a receiving group. That Sunday wasn’t our day, it was all Freddie J.”

Stevie has taken it upon himself to be a leader in the Buffalo receiving corps.

He calls them 'his' receivers. Like they're his brothers and he feels like they are disrespected and wants them to be able to showcase their skills against the best of the best.

I love this guy.
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

He's a gamer without a doubt.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cgbm
            • Jan 2011

thats exactly what will lead a team to the land.

guys taking leadership roles and mentoring their peers.

the fact that he is calling them his recievers implies that he is their leader and is showing these young guys the ropes and sharing talent and knowledge.

or he could be like TO. and Ocho. and just want the ball all the time to showcase his skills, and never make it to the land because its their show.

stand up classy guy that will more than likely have a C on his chest next year if he keeps it up.

hes exactly what every team in the NFL wishes they had on their squad.

GREAT POST btw!!!

long live bubbles.
            a decent qb can win a fluke super bowl. but a franchise qb makes a perennial powerhouse.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by acehole
              Ego is a good thing in pro sports.

He is also showing he is a competitor.

As long as he isnt M Irving I think we will be fine.

I am with you on liking what he said.

These guys like bieng Buffalo Bills which you don't get somtime from the guys we have. From K Williams to Fitz to S Johnson. We gave them a chance and they are greatfull Unlike J Peters and Pat Williams.
              And you can add Merriman & Barnett among others as players HAPPY to be in Buffalo on the Bills.

I remember an interview Barnett did on NFL Network. He said "when I was in Green Bay, We were like well, at least we aren't in Buffalo" "Then I got here & I was like wow, this place is great. Great fans, the atmosphere at the Stadium is awsome."

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                • Feb 2009

Stevie is by far one of my favorite players along with Marcell, Fitz and Freddy.

Comment

• we are
                  • Oct 2008

You can tell on twitter that Roosevelt, jones, and Nelson really look up to Johnson kind of as sort of a big brother.

Johnson has been quiet the last two weeks let's hope he breaks out

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by we are
                    You can tell on twitter that Roosevelt, jones, and Nelson really look up to Johnson kind of as sort of a big brother.

Johnson has been quiet the last two weeks let's hope he breaks out
                    i wouldn't worry about that too much... every reciever has his off weeks. better now than later on in the season when the games become increasingly important. we really need New England to drop another game.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

For years, one of the complaints about the Bills was that they had no identity. It's nice to see a new identity developing before our eyes. Players like Stevie Johnson are a big part of it.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by better days
                        And you can add Merriman & Barnett among others as players HAPPY to be in Buffalo on the Bills.

I remember an interview Barnett did on NFL Network. He said "when I was in Green Bay, We were like well, at least we aren't in Buffalo" "Then I got here & I was like wow, this place is great. Great fans, the atmosphere at the Stadium is awsome."
                        Sheesh they said that in GB?

Sheesh.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

I wish his groin would heal, but that will take the off-season. Hopefully they can get some guys back after the bye week and those who are injured feel a lot better.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

PAY. THE. MAN. PAY. THE. MAN. PAY. THE. MAN.

Like, honestly, if this team continues down the road that it's heading, it'll be kinda nice to see them possibly want to stay Bills. As of right now though? Finally, not the team, but a certain few players are getting national recognition, and it might get to their heads. Freddy is on the front page of NFL.com almost every day, Fitzy has been, and Stevie is making his presence known.

This team needs to lock these fan favorites up.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• spacecowboy
                              • Sep 2006

I love to hear things like this. He really seems like a down to earth guy, that knows this is a team game, and he is putting it on himself to be a leader, and I think its great.

Comment

Working...
                              X