PDA

View Full Version : Sad but True Story

ghz in pittsburgh
10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Today I got to meet a dude from Meghalaya region of Bangladesh who visits US for the first time as a liason for our new outsourced project.

As he saw my Bills gear, he tried to get close with the culture here by praising the power house champion Buffalo Bills were when he grew up. It turned out he got one of those 1991 Bills super champion gear that Walmart dumped to his village back then. I don't have the heart to ask him to send me pictures while he said he actually had seen all 4 years worth of Bills superbowl champion hats/shirts. Of course he knows nothing about American football, never watched one in his life. He just knew Buffalo Bills were perennial champions from his early age.

I need to entertain him a bit while he's here and the thought of taking him to a Bills game crossed my mind. Unfortunately I don't think my company will let me take him to NYC or Toronto and he's here for 3 weeks or so. The company does have a box in Heinz field, and I'm debating whether to take him to the Jaguars game because that time coincides with the Bills game. The following week, the Steelers are away and Week 7, the Steelers host the Pats; people have already blocked out that game in the company.

The last buffalo fan
10-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I found some of that merchandise while I was at Mexico city several years ago, I even bought a few patches. :ill:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Doesn't everyone know about them dumping Bills gear across Africa and Asia? I think I have heard a similar story before.

Pinkerton Security
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Doesn't everyone know about them dumping Bills gear across Africa and Asia? I think I have heard a similar story before.

Yea most have heard about it but i cant say I've ever heard of someone meeting a person who lived over there and actually believed we were the champs!

Skooby
10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
We were AFC champs, so he's kinda right.

SabreEleven
10-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Ask him if he can fix my Dell.

Don't Panic
10-12-2011, 02:40 PM
...so we're Super Bowl Champions somewhere. This can only fuel the karmic balance to swing to our favor and deliver the elusive Lombardi trophy.

Joe Fo Sho
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
I can't wait til we get to the Superbowl this year and Africa thinks the Packers are champs...

ServoBillieves
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
We hear this story every year, there's just always a spin on it. I like this spin for once, whereas someone actually met a person who received that memorabilia.

But yes, to those who don't know, we send all non-winning game shirts/hats to 3rd world countries because no one here wants a Lebron James "champions" t-shirt or a red sox 2011 wild card shirt.

jamze132
10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I probably talked to that guy today about some credit card protection program they were trying to convince me of a while ago...

Thurmal
10-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I'd love one of those "New England Patriots: 19-0 PERFECT SEASON!" shirts that all those kids in Guatemala were given.

The last buffalo fan
10-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I'd love one of those "New England Patriots: 19-0 PERFECT SEASON!" shirts that all those kids in Guatemala were given.

:spit: I could even pay some bucks to have a Tom Gaydy tshirt making reference to that super bowl win!! :laughing:

realdealryan
10-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I hope you don't work in the evil glass castle.