PDA

View Full Version : Incarcerated Bob RUMOR

CAbills
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
"NFL Sources:" Brandon Lloyd being made available looking for a second rounder. Redskins / Titans / Bills interested.

**EDIT***

NBC Writer Evan Silva Tweets: “I bet Lloyd is available. Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal both expected back after #Broncos upcoming bye. Broncos 1-4, now changing QBs.”

Totally makes sense Lloyd is available. Last year of contract also. Makes sense Bills at least inquired giving their receiver depth.

**EDIT 2 UPDATE**

Update from Mike Klis and also posted in the Denver Post:

According to @mikeklis #Broncos put WR Brandon Lloyd on trade block and are believed to be seeking a 3rd-5th round pick

BuffaloBlitz83
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
He'd fit in very well

trapezeus
10-12-2011, 10:01 PM
second rounder? move evans for a fourth and bring lloyd in on a second? that doesn't sit well with me.

When is the trade deadline?

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Deadline is next Tuesday.

CAbills
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes 2nd rounder a little steep although I would def take Lloyd over Evans. Just posting a rumor though. Deals hardly get done at trade deadline in NFL, but with Curry and Mason moving who knows.

wmoz11
10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I'd absolutely love it. I don't feel good at all about our WR situation right now. Didn't feel great about it even with Jones still healthy. You can only out-scheme for so long until you're just too devoid of talent to do what you want to do.

TacklingDummy
10-12-2011, 10:14 PM
At this rate the 2nd rounder might be the 60th pick overall.

Our 2nd for their 4th and Lloyd.

mrbojanglezs
10-12-2011, 10:17 PM
good timing to make a trade with the deadline next tuesday and us being on a bye week.....

Good if the price is right! would be a great move (not for a second)

Mr Bills
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Lloyd compared to Lee evans is like comparing Stevie Johnson to Calvin Johnson, not even close.. If Evans is worth a 4th then Lloyd is atleast worth a 3rd probably a 2nd which I would do in a heart beat.

wmoz11
10-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Going to look into his contract situation to see how feasible it would be for us. Especially since Stevie is due quite a raise.

wmoz11
10-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Free Agent after this season. Only making 1.395M in base salary.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/den/broncos

Wouldn't give up a second for only half a season, though.

Scumbag College
10-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Buddy has been pretty conservative so far and doesn't make too many moves, especially if it involves giving away a high draft pick. I don't see the Bills doing this for a second. The Redskins always seem to get involved with these sorts of things, they are always trading away draft picks.

If the Broncos would take one of the Bills fourths for Lloyd, I'd do that in a second. For a third that would be a tough call. It's tough for players in the NFL to come in halfway through a season and pick up a different scheme. Plus, Fitz and the rest of the receivers seem to have found a rhythm and I wouldn't want to do too much to disrupt that. Johnson, Nelson, B. Smith, and Roosevelt are manageable until Jones returns, especially with the bye week coming up.

jamze132
10-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Going to look into his contract situation to see how feasible it would be for us. Especially since Stevie is due quite a raise.
I'm pretty sure that wouldnt be a problem considering Buffalo has more equity than the government.

kingJofNYC
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I'll give a 4th, that's about it.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
for a second rounder? yeah right.

CAbills
10-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Maybe our 4th from the Evans trade and another conditional fourth that could become a 3rd.

I too am worried about receiver the Eagles started to really press up after Jones went out and having Stevie with two camp cuts and a converted QB doesn't really sound like playoff material receivers.

Highly doubt we do it but fun to discuss.

better days
10-12-2011, 11:46 PM
You people that want to trade anything more than a 4th for Lloyd are CRAZY. Aside from last year, he has been mediocre at best. 30 Years old. No Thanks.

Oaf
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Wouldn't give higher than a 3rd. Betterdays said it, he has been inconsistent w/ production, injury prone, on his 4th team already, and 30 yrs old. You don't give a 2nd rounder for that.

If we traded Evans & a 4th for Lloyd & 3rd + 7th, I'd pull the trigger, but that might be about it.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Brandon Lloyd catches absolutely everything thrown anywhere in his vicinity.

For a third, it's worth it.

For a second, if we're seriously thinking we're playoff contenders right now, it's still worth it.

Mr Bills
10-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Brandon Lloyd 2010 - 77 catches 1448 yards
Lee Evans 2009 - 2010 - 81 catches 1190 yards

You homers need to seriously stop comparing Evans to Lloyd, its an insult to Lloyd's abilities.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2011, 12:18 AM

For a third, it's worth it. Yes

For a second, if we're seriously thinking we're playoff contenders right now, it's still worth it. NO

Anything more than a third is just pure stupidity.

Mr. Pink
10-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Anything more than a third is just pure stupidity.

Not if you think you're a playoff team and he adds something to the offense it isn't.

Now if you don't have those thoughts, then no a 2nd rounder isn't a good choice, then again you likely don't trade a third for him either in that case.

Seriously the 55th-60th overall pick for a guy who has basically glue on his hands, can run any route, isn't afraid to get is pretty much a bargain.

I wouldn't give away like the 40th overall pick for him though.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2011, 12:33 AM
This team is not a playoff team and there's no reason to waste a second rounder on a 30 year old receiver who needs a new contract.

Tatonka
10-13-2011, 12:36 AM

For a third, it's worth it.

For a second, if we're seriously thinking we're playoff contenders right now, it's still worth it.

i agree totally.. and if they are asking for a 2nd.. i would say a 3rd would get it done.. he would be a significant upgrade for us. people forget he was the LEADING receiver in the NFL last season.

if we really want to be a playoff contender, he would absolutely help that cause.. and i am willing to bet that if he was on a winning team, he would be more than willing to resign next season.. hell, maybe you work out a new deal before he is traded..

Lexwhat
10-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Lloyd has had ONE good season his entire career. He could barely even stick with an NFL team before last season.

People are talking about giving up a 2nd rounder for a 1-year wonder who's 30 years old??

Even during his 49er days he used to make all types of acrobatic catches. However, the guy was horribly inconsistent. He used to drop easy balls all the time, and disappear for games on end.

A 5th rounder and nothing more.

clumping platelets
10-13-2011, 01:14 AM
2nd rd pick is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high...........cond 5th that can upgrade to a 4th

HopefulBillsFan
10-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Lloyd has had ONE good season his entire career. He could barely even stick with an NFL team before last season.

People are talking about giving up a 2nd rounder for a 1-year wonder who's 30 years old??

Even during his 49er days he used to make all types of acrobatic catches. However, the guy was horribly inconsistent. He used to drop easy balls all the time, and disappear for games on end.

A 5th rounder and nothing more.

all of this is true. he even did it against the Bills.

Crisis
10-13-2011, 01:38 AM
With the way we draft, I'd rather trade a 2nd than a 7th for him.

HopefulBillsFan
10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
With the way we draft, I'd rather trade a 2nd than a 7th for him.

lmao

Buddo
10-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Price is too high.
If we could get him for a 3rd rounder, it might be worth doing, if he does actually run all the routes well, as he should, in theory, be a 'plug and play' guy.
He's got over 250 yards so far this season, which while not huge numbers, is still a decent return, considering the Broncos offense.
I'm of the opinion that Gailey could well still find a solution/alternative to Jones, as he didn't have an opportunity to really do so in the game last Sunday, once Jones went down. However, if he can't do it this week, then a trade might be the way to go.
My own gut feeling, would be nothing more than a 3rd, at the very highest, and I think I'd only do that if we beat the Giants, yet still struggle to get the ball deep. A 4th would seem about right, but only if the coaches are certain he's going to 'fit'.

FWIW, comparing Evans to Lloyd is not unfair. Evans career overall is probably better, yet Lloyd has been superior in recent years, where Evans production has tailed off.

YardRat
10-13-2011, 05:06 AM
So is Overdorf in charge of this trade also?

RedEyE
10-13-2011, 05:25 AM
I think Lloyd would be an excellent fit into this offense. I would have a little heart burn with a 3rd but think the overall return could really be beneficial. A 4th definitly - but pass him up for a 2nd.

Skooby
10-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Buddy might catch a great player we ever had in the 2nd round. I wouldn't give more than one of our 4th round picks.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2011, 06:10 AM
second rounder? move evans for a fourth and bring lloyd in on a second? that doesn't sit well with me.
I totally agree. We seriously weakened our WR corps with the trade of Evans for crap, watched it get further decimated by illness and injuries, and now we should trade away our future to try to get back to something approaching what we already gave away?

Assinine.

The King
10-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Lloyd brings a vertical presence... everything the Bills do he's already failed at in SF. He's pretty much a deep threat only.

Mahdi
10-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Is FA next year which brings down the price significantly. They are asking for a 2nd which means they will take a 4th.

I would do it for a 4th then try and sign him to a decent contract. Can't be too much though cuz we have a ton of guys to resign.

Skooby
10-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Lloyd brings a vertical presence... everything the Bills do he's already failed at in SF. He's pretty much a deep threat only.

So basically he's a Lee Evans type guy, I could of sworn he was ok short / middle routes. Why were we mentioned then, maybe because he'll actually run crossing routes ?

Mahdi
10-13-2011, 07:01 AM
That's not true. Since he's been in SF he has developed his skills as a short and intermediate receiver.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
As a #2 option I think its a good bargain as a 4th Round pick.

Two issues though potentially;
-He's not going to add much in terms of new skills to the team. He's a 6'0 strong route running WR who has good hands. In other words what we need is a deep threat that can keep the safeties honest but that's not really Lloyd's game.
-He plays almost the exact same game as Stevie Johnson so you potentially take catches away from him which I dont think we want to do.

RedEyE
10-13-2011, 07:12 AM
At second glance, outside of last season, this guy hasn't done enough in his carrier to even warrant a 4th round pick. I've changed my mind. Just say NO to Lloyd.

He has problems staying healthy. He's been tossed between 4 teams in 8 years working on a moving to a 5th team in his 9th season.

IMO, he's worth a 6th maybe a 5th tops.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4582/brandon-lloyd

better days
10-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Brandon Lloyd 2010 - 77 catches 1448 yards
Lee Evans 2009 - 2010 - 81 catches 1190 yards

You homers need to seriously stop comparing Evans to Lloyd, its an insult to Lloyd's abilities.

Brandon Lloyd 2009- 8 catches 117 yards 0 TDs

2008- 26 catches 364 yards 2 TDs

2007-2 catches 14 yards 0 TDs

2006- 23 catches 365 yards 0 TDs

You people that don't know football need to seriously stop comparing Lloyd to Evans, it's an insult to Evans abilities.

Like I said, aside from last year Lloyd has been mediocre at best & anyone that would give more than a 4th for him at 30 years old is CRAZY.

RedEyE
10-13-2011, 07:16 AM
I know Derrick Mason is a bit longer in the tooth, but he has done a world more in his career than Lloyd and the Jets got a conditional 7th round pick for him.

ddaryl
10-13-2011, 07:26 AM
here is a guy who had 77 catches last year and has never had 50 or more outside of that. for a 2nd rd pick ?????

better days
10-13-2011, 07:30 AM
here is a guy who had 77 catches last year and has never had 50 or more outside of that. for a 2nd rd pick ?????

And a guy that is 30 years old as well. NO THANKS.

T-Long
10-13-2011, 07:59 AM
No way for a 2. Buddy will never go for it anyways. 4th at best

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I don't know about that trade fellas. That's a steep price to pay for a 30 year old going on 31.

Maybe I do it for our third. Maybe we can get a conditional pick back.

I'd be happy if we pulled the trigger though, it proves we want to win. Also if Stevie goes down our WRs are really shot. We could definitely use him. Just a second rounder for him is too high IMO.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-13-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't think this is happening. What happens to Donald when he is health? No way Chan would do something like this.

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't think this is happening. What happens to Donald when he is health? No way Chan would do something like this.
Well, in fairness that's over a month away. Plus if we do make the playoffs who would you feel more comfortable starting Jones or Llyod? Not to mention Llyod can teach some of our young guys. I wouldn't be opposed to doing this trade just because of Donald Jones. I'd be opposed to doing it for a 2nd rounder. He could probably be more effective in a #4 role anyway. Stevie, Lloyd, Nelson and Jones in our 4 WR sets would be mouth watering. Especially compared to the Stevie, Naaman, Nelson, Martin/Smith we're running out there now.

Mindbender
10-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Surprised I haven't seen this here as yet. Thoughts about this? (http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/10/13/2487341/nfl-trade-rumors-denver-broncos-brandon-lloyd)

A 2nd is WAY too high but a 3rd I could see. I'd be all for this trade. I'm afraid our WR core will be exposed because of the injuries.

Mindbender
10-13-2011, 08:41 AM
whoops, now I see the thread. Sorry.

better days
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Well, in fairness that's over a month away. Plus if we do make the playoffs who would you feel more comfortable starting Jones or Llyod? Not to mention Llyod can teach some of our young guys. I wouldn't be opposed to doing this trade just because of Donald Jones. I'd be opposed to doing it for a 2nd rounder. He could probably be more effective in a #4 role anyway. Stevie, Lloyd, Nelson and Jones in our 4 WR sets would be mouth watering. Especially compared to the Stevie, Naaman, Nelson, Martin/Smith we're running out there now.

Chan has said the Bills can get by with the players they have now.

I would not want to be sitting on the 2nd day of the draft & watch the Broncos use the Bills pick in the 2nd 3rd or 4th rnd while Buffalo is stuck with Lloyd- with NO CONTRACT.

Unless Lloyd can get the Bills a Super Bowl WIN what is the point of trading for him?

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Chan has said the Bills can get by with the players they have now.

I would not want to be sitting on the 2nd day of the draft & watch the Broncos use the Bills pick in the 2nd 3rd or 4th rnd while Buffalo is stuck with Lloyd- with NO CONTRACT.

Unless Lloyd can get the Bills a Super Bowl WIN what is the point of trading for him?
Well what would you like Chan to say? "We can't get by with the players we have?" Of course he's going to endorse his roster, he'd be a fool not to. And we know he's not a fool.

No contract? Well, I assume if we're trading for him, we're going to lock him up for a few years. We have enough money as it is now, and Parrish will certainly come off the books.

I agree though, I don't think a second round pick is worth it, but if he helps us get to the playoffs then a late 3rd while getting an early 6th back in return might be worth it.

SB Win? I'd say it's a success if he just helps us get to the playoffs. As long as it's not this straight up 2nd rounder they're asking for and as long as we lock him up for a few years.

BillsWin
10-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't BILL-ieve in Incarcerated Bob.

better days
10-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Well what would you like Chan to say? "We can't get by with the players we have?" Of course he's going to endorse his roster, he'd be a fool not to. And we know he's not a fool.

No contract? Well, I assume if we're trading for him, we're going to lock him up for a few years. We have enough money as it is now, and Parrish will certainly come off the books.

I agree though, I don't think a second round pick is worth it, but if he helps us get to the playoffs then a late 3rd while getting an early 6th back in return might be worth it.

SB Win? I'd say it's a success if he just helps us get to the playoffs. As long as it's not this straight up 2nd rounder they're asking for and as long as we lock him up for a few years.

As others have pointed out this defense is not yet good enough to take the Bills far. Even a 4th rnd pick could make a bigger difference next year than Lloyd would.

And it is more likely that Lloyd plays like he has for most of his career this year & the years to come, mediocre, than how he played last year IMO.

psubills62
10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Lloyd's not even close to being worth a 2nd round pick. Especially since his contract is up after this season.

For a lower round pick, he is certainly intriguing though.

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 09:11 AM
As others have pointed out this defense is not yet good enough to take the Bills far. Even a 4th rnd pick could make a bigger difference next year than Lloyd would.

And it is more likely that Lloyd plays like he has for most of his career this year & the years to come, mediocre, than how he played last year IMO.

So you'd rather have a 4th round rookie on D in 2012 than Brandon Llyod? Our 2nd rounder from two years ago isn't even doing jack on D two years after he was taken. A 2nd rounder! Troup! What makes you think a 4th round rookie will impact the D in his rookie year more than Llyod will impact his this year AND next?? We stocked up our draft picks on the D the past two years, next year Carrington, Troup, Dareus, Sheppard, Williams, Batten, Moats, Searcy...all those guys will be ahead of whoever we draft in the 4th round in 2012. They will make the greater impact in 2012. As would Brandon Llyod on O.

Fourth rounder straight for Lloyd? I do it, we still have Baltimore's as well.

"As others have pointed out this defense is not yet good enough to take the Bills far."

Sorry but "others" isn't convincing enough for me. The team can't, won't and does NOT think like this. Trading for Llyod at a reasonable pick like a 4th rounder would prove we are serious about competing and can hang with anyone.

The King
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
That's not true. Since he's been in SF he has developed his skills as a short and intermediate receiver.

If that was the case he wouldnt be on the block. Orton connected with Lloyd for a ton of deep balls last year... with Tebow the Broncos are going to run short and mid routes which is why he's expendable.

better days
10-13-2011, 09:21 AM
So you'd rather have a 4th round rookie on D in 2012 than Brandon Llyod? Our 2nd rounder from two years ago isn't even doing jack on D two years after he was taken. A 2nd rounder! Troup! What makes you think a 4th round rookie will impact the D in his rookie year more than Llyod will impact his this year AND next?? We stocked up our draft picks on the D the past two years, next year Carrington, Troup, Dareus, Sheppard, Williams, Batten, Moats, Searcy...all those guys will be ahead of whoever we draft in the 4th round in 2012. They will make the greater impact in 2012. As would Brandon Llyod on O.

Fourth rounder straight for Lloyd? I do it, we still have Baltimore's as well.

"As others have pointed out this defense is not yet good enough to take the Bills far."

Sorry but "others" isn't convincing enough for me. The team can't, won't and does NOT think like this. Trading for Llyod at a reasonable pick like a 4th rounder would prove we are serious about competing and can hang with anyone.

Well, what makes you think Lloyd would do anything? Look at my post that listed his stats from the last 5 years.

Aside from last year, his numbers have been MEDIOCRE. What makes you think his play will mirror last year more than the 4 before that?

This year thus far his play is like his career. 2 decent games & 2 MEDIOCRE games. Why do you think Denver wants to get rid of him? Because of all the great receivers on that team? LOL. If he were any good Denver would have locked him up already with a long contract.

mayotm
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
This is a lot of debate over something that isn't going to happen.

BAM
10-13-2011, 09:24 AM
WTF is incarcerated bob?

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, what makes you think Lloyd would do anything? Look at my post that listed his stats from the last 5 years.

Aside from last year, his numbers have been MEDIOCRE. What makes you think his play will mirror last year more than the 4 before that?

This year thus far his play is like his career. 2 decent games & 2 MEDIOCRE games. Why do you think Denver wants to get rid of him? Because of all the great receivers on that team? LOL. If he were any good Denver would have locked him up already with a long contract.

Can Donald Jones do this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-sfN07a_pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill Cody
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Pretty sure this is what the 4th that we got for Evans is going for- I mean Acehole did tell us to stay tuned

Mindbender
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
WTF is incarcerated bob?

twitter account.

BAM
10-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Oh. Is he worth following? Just checked twitter and he has to approve request

Skooby
10-13-2011, 09:35 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-sfN07a_pc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got to watch that catch live on RZone channel, like I said a 4th rounder would be fair for these types of hands.

HAMMER
10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I love all the know it all armchair GM's that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

justasportsfan
10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Nix values draft picks. If he thinks Gailey can get the most out of guys drafted late or undrafted, I doubt he gives up a 2nd on a 30 year old wr.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Buddy wouldn't trade a 2nd or 3rd but if we get him for a 4 it would be a great trade.

CAbills
10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh. Is he worth following? Just checked twitter and he has to approve request

Eh he puts out a lot of rumors in both NFL and Hockey with sources. I would say he is right about 50% of the time. If you like following someone for that, then yes he is worth following.

He said we were super close to signing Clabo. But also had Manning out for the year like a week before anyone.

Skooby
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I love all the know it all armchair GM's that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Continental breakfast was hot today! LOL.

better days
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v-sfN07a_pc" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Well, no doubt, that was a great catch. Highlight catch. His ONLY catch of the game!!!! 1 catch 20 yds. Where was he the REST of the game? He was invisible.

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Well, no doubt, that was a great catch. Highlight catch. His ONLY catch of the game!!!! 1 catch 20 yds. Where was he the REST of the game? He was invisible.

The same reason he had to make that catch in the first place......Tebow can't pass and Orton looked lost without McDaniels.

ddaryl
10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
The man is NOT worth a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick... he needs a new contract next year (I beleive I read that some place), so that alone drives the price down, and he has never been that great or consistent of a WR.

Would I welcome him here, and could we use him... Sure, but we're not paying more then what we gave up Evans for... that much I will guarentee.

mrbojanglezs
10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure this is what the 4th that we got for Evans is going for- I mean Acehole did tell us to stay tuned
Haha nice!

Beebe's Kid
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Well....we kind of have our tit in a ringer here, don't we?

One question, which I believe is fair (without having read all 4 pages) why the hell would we give up a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, when there are some very good WR's available via FA?

TO makes more sense than giving up a draft pick. He can sign for the rest of the season and provide us a top tier receiver, without the team burning a pick, and then potentially losing Lloyd to FA.

Mr Bills
10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Brandon Lloyd 2009- 8 catches 117 yards 0 TDs

2008- 26 catches 364 yards 2 TDs

2007-2 catches 14 yards 0 TDs

2006- 23 catches 365 yards 0 TDs

You people that don't know football need to seriously stop comparing Lloyd to Evans, it's an insult to Evans abilities.

Like I said, aside from last year Lloyd has been mediocre at best & anyone that would give more than a 4th for him at 30 years old is CRAZY.
Yeah its impossible for players to breakout later in their careers. We might as well trade Fitzpatrick hes been mediocre before last year. He is also on pace for about 1100 yards this season, something your man Evans will never get again in his career. Lloyd is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL even before last year but he has never been able to put it together, which he obviously has last year. Not to mention he is going for be playing for a contract.

better days
10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
The same reason he had to make that catch in the first place......Tebow can't pass and Orton looked lost without McDaniels.

But I was told Orton was a GOOD QB. Better than Tebow. Better than Fitzpatrick.

Give me a break. Lloyd is a mediocre WR that happened to make one good catch in that game. The blind squirrel finds a nut.

1 catch for 20 yds 0 TDs is a mediocre game by a mediocre receiver.

better days
10-13-2011, 11:29 AM
The man is NOT worth a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick... he needs a new contract next year (I beleive I read that some place), so that alone drives the price down, and he has never been that great or consistent of a WR.

Would I welcome him here, and could we use him... Sure, but we're not paying more then what we gave up Evans for... that much I will guarentee.

I would be willing to give up the Ravens 4th for him, nothing more. And then only if he 1st agrees to a new REASONABLE contract.

Skooby
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
But I was told Orton was a GOOD QB. Better than Tebow. Better than Fitzpatrick.

Give me a break. Lloyd is a mediocre WR that happened to make one good catch in that game. The blind squirrel finds a nut.

1 catch for 20 yds 0 TDs is a mediocre game by a mediocre receiver.

If he can run good routes with his experiences, he could help us. There are only so many young WR you can have before you need to mix experience in there.

CAbills
10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Also rumors floating around about Bills and Reggie Wayne

better days
10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah its impossible for players to breakout later in their careers. We might as well trade Fitzpatrick hes been mediocre before last year. He is also on pace for about 1100 yards this season, something your man Evans will never get again in his career. Lloyd is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL even before last year but he has never been able to put it together, which he obviously has last year. Not to mention he is going for be playing for a contract.

Well, Evans is injured. I don't know if he will play again this year or ever. Evans is also 30 years old. The same age as Lloyd.

Evans career: receptions 379 yards 5979 TDs 43

Lloyd career: receptions 260 yards 4101 TDs 26

Give me a break. Evans is MUCH BETTER than Lloyd.

Lloyd is on pace to have 0 TDs for the year. If Evans never plays again I doubt Lloyd ever catches up to his TD numbers.

WRs & RBs are different than QBs. The legs are the 1st thing to go. Fred Jackson is an anomaly. Name me another WR or RB that suddenly turned it on after turning 30 that was not GOOD before that.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2011, 11:53 AM
If lloyd was traded to the Bills I could see him catching up to evans in two years.

JoeMama
10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Not very interested in Brandon Lloyd.

1) Wide receivers rarely have an impact when they switch teams midseason. It takes time to learn a playbook and build chemistry with a new team and new quarterback.

2) Lloyd is an UFA at the end of the season. We'd basically give up a draft pick on a guy who is unlikely to give us much of a boost.

3) If we do want Lloyd in the long run, we should just wait out the Broncos as sign him as a FA after the season. His stock will likely plummet if he gets as few targets from Tebow as he predicts. Then he'll have an entire offseason to learn the playbook and get on the same page as Fitz.

squish_the_fish88
10-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Also rumors floating around about Bills and Reggie Wayne

That was just Adam Schefter saying things that wont happen but should happen. He listed a 4th rounder for Wayne, that would make a 2nd for Lloyd even more insane.

Honestly if the bills could make a move for the right price im all for it, but i liked what i saw from Roosevelt on Sunday and would love to see Spiller get more touches because i believe he has a lot to offer, especially if used more with his threat for big plays. Would open things up even more for jackson and stevie.

Skooby
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
That was just Adam Schefter saying things that wont happen but should happen. He listed a 4th rounder for Wayne, that would make a 2nd for Lloyd even more insane.

Honestly if the bills could make a move for the right price im all for it, but i liked what i saw from Roosevelt on Sunday and would love to see Spiller get more touches because i believe he has a lot to offer, especially if used more with his threat for big plays. Would open things up even more for jackson and stevie.

Is there a link to the Wayne idea ??

better days
10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
If lloyd was traded to the Bills I could see him catching up to evans in two years.

Well, that would assume 3 things......

1) That Evans is finished & his numbers remain the same. If Evans comes back healthy after the bye week I think he could still put up close to 1000 yds & 6 -10 TDs.

2) That Lloyd stays healthy. At 30, he is more prone to injury just like Evans.

3) That LLoyd plays the way he did last year, not the 4 before that. Also don't forget that Fitz spreads the ball around like Brady. With Stevie his #1 option.

If Evans never plays again, Lloyd would need to put up 119 receptions 1878 yards & 17 TDs. If he stays healthy & plays well it is possible he could do that.

But don't forget the wild card in that senerio is Easley & Jones. If Easley comes back healthy next year & Jones is healthy Lloyd would compete with the two of them for playing time.

squish_the_fish88
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Is there a link to the Wayne idea ??

It was just Schefter on sportscenter saying that it would be a great move for the bills but these were just moves that he thought of and they arent actually in the works.

justasportsfan
10-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Maybe but remember, Fitz likes to throw to everyone.

clumping platelets
10-13-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd rather see if Johnny Knox can be had from da Bears

RoscoeMagic
10-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I would be willing to give up the Ravens 4th for him, nothing more. And then only if he 1st agrees to a new REASONABLE contract.

Then what the hell are you arguing with me for? That's what my stance has been all along.

Skooby
10-13-2011, 12:36 PM
It was just Schefter on sportscenter saying that it would be a great move for the bills but these were just moves that he thought of and they arent actually in the works.

OK well that's meaningless blabber, Adam S. in a nutshell.

better days
10-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Then what the hell are you arguing with me for? That's what my stance has been all along.

OK. I said from the begining that it would be crazy to give up more than a 4th for Lloyd. I think the argument started when you responded to one of my posts.

squish_the_fish88
10-13-2011, 12:45 PM
OK well that's meaningless blabber, Adam S. in a nutshell.

lol yeah. But the incarcerated bob tweet could end up being something. Now he just said that the bills are interested so this could very well end as nothing and just a rumor, but I have followed him for a while and he surprisingly acurate when it comes to this stuff.

clumping platelets
10-13-2011, 12:53 PM
accurate :rolleyes:

squish_the_fish88
10-13-2011, 12:55 PM

lol i missed that thanks!

clumping platelets
10-13-2011, 12:59 PM
:D

clumping platelets
10-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd rather see if Johnny Knox can be had from da Bears

:tap:

mayotm
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
On another message board, people are stating that Shefter just mentioned the possibilty of the Bills acquiring Reggie Wayne for a 4th round pick. They said it was on ESPN about 15 minutes ago.

clumping platelets
10-13-2011, 01:16 PM
He just mentioned it again as a hypothetical deal. I'd rather have Robert Mathis from the Colts.....we need pass rush

mayotm
10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
He just mentioned it again as a hypothetical deal. I'd rather have Robert Mathis from the Colts.....we need pass rushOK. Like I mentioned, I didn't hear the report. Just passing along what somebody else wrote.

stuckincincy
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Rumors.

Some a**wipe named Freeman on CBS Sports' site claims that MikeBrownEye's organization changed their stance from "NO" to "We are not entertaining a trade at the moment" for Palmer.

I'd like to see Palmer report and bang their cap (no jeopardy of going over). IIRC, he is listed as not reporting but under contract. They would have to fine him, drop a roster member if he showed up and put him on the roster, or cut him and fork over whatever cash his contract language may call for if they axed him before his contract ran its' course..

And then he's cut, and is a free agent. MIA? I hope Palmer makes the move.

Paul Brown's boy loses, whatever. That he didn't see sense and peddle off Palmer before the draft is his own idiocy.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2011, 01:44 PM
OK. Like I mentioned, I didn't hear the report. Just passing along what somebody else wrote.

you just went full weetard. never go full weetard. i'm not a little peice of ****, i'm a big peice of ****.

CAbills
10-13-2011, 07:53 PM

According to @mikeklis #Broncos put WR Brandon Lloyd on trade block and are believed to be seeking a 3rd-5th round pick

B-DON
10-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Seems a lot more reasonable than the the first report

HAMMER
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
you just went full weetard. never go full weetard. i'm not a little peice of ****, i'm a big peice of ****.

You got that right.

Dantheman1280
10-13-2011, 08:25 PM
It is time to give Kamar Aiken a shot. I watched this kid in college (UCF Alum) and he has all of the tools.

mrbojanglezs
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Offer Evans 4th

Skooby
10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Offer Evans 4th

I agree, we need more depth at WR & this would show a commitment to winning.

better days
10-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Offer Evans 4th

I posted that before, but only if Lloyd agrees to a new REASONABLE contract 1st.

JCBills
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
With how well Buffalo has done developing young WRs recently, I'd hate to see us spend a draft pick on a 30 year old with 3 good seasons in 9 years.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2011, 09:35 PM
You got that right.

sticks and stones.

Lexwhat
10-13-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8231ad87/article/broncos-reportedly-fielding-offers-for-pro-bowl-wr-lloyd?module=HP11_headline_stack

Several factors have prompted the trade possibility, according to the sources, but chief among them is that Lloyd will be a free agent after the season and he and the Broncos aren't believed to be close to a deal.

-----

Well, based on the above, I am guessing Lloyd is demanding a lot of money as this is likely to be his last payday.

Since we seem to be able to plug in WRs at random, and considering that Steve Johnson is already in line for an extension, meeting Lloyd's demands is hard to justify.

I would rather us invest big money in someone younger, and/or someone on Defense.

Ed
10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8231ad87/article/broncos-reportedly-fielding-offers-for-pro-bowl-wr-lloyd?module=HP11_headline_stack

Several factors have prompted the trade possibility, according to the sources, but chief among them is that Lloyd will be a free agent after the season and he and the Broncos aren't believed to be close to a deal.

-----

Well, based on the above, I am guessing Lloyd is demanding a lot of money as this is likely to be his last payday.

Since we seem to be able to plug in WRs at random, and considering that Steve Johnson is already in line for an extension, meeting Lloyd's demands is hard to justify.

I would rather us invest big money in someone younger, and/or someone on Defense.
Yeah, I agree with this. We already need to spend big money to re-sign Stevie. What are we gonna do, throw a bunch of money at Lloyd too? Why waste a draft pick to just rent a guy for 10 games. It would take him some time to get adjusted anyway. And if we did get him and Donald Jones comes back in 4 weeks, then what?

Plus, our WR's and offense in general are a really tight group right now. I'd be concerned about chemistry and bringing in an outsider at this point.

I mean the Donald Jones injury is concerning too, but this just doesn't seem like a good move right now.

Bert102176
10-14-2011, 12:56 AM
says 3rd -5th round pick give our 4th we got for Evans

clumping platelets
10-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Wayne >>>>>>>>>> Lloyd

alohabillsfan
10-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Why is everyone assuming the Ravens draft pick will worse than ours?

Slim
10-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Guys. Incarcerated Bob has as much credibility as my left nut. This dude might be the biggest hack on the internet.

malvado78
10-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Why is everyone assuming the Ravens draft pick will worse than ours?

Its a habit after the past 10 yrs...

Bill Cody
10-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't BILL-ieve in Incarcerated Bob.

I need to know more. If he's in max security I'm with you:snicker:

CAbills
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Well he DID say Brandon Lloyd was on the trade block 24 hours before all the major media picked it up. So I consider him somewhat credible.

squish_the_fish88
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
I need to know more. If he's in max security I'm with you:snicker:

Tweeted this rumor the night before any major news outlets..also had the fact that manning would not play at all this season due to surgery about a week before anyone else. there are times when he is not right but from what i have seen he is pretty on point with a lot of what he puts out.

squish_the_fish88
10-14-2011, 01:10 PM
UPDATE incarcerated bob just tweeted colts have made wayne available and bills are interested!!!

clumping platelets
10-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I would give up a 4th for Wayne...........I'd also ask him to sign a 1 or 2 yr extension

squish_the_fish88
10-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I would give up a 4th for Wayne...........I'd also ask him to sign a 1 or 2 yr extension

completely agree!

Skooby
10-14-2011, 02:16 PM
UPDATE incarcerated bob just tweeted colts have made wayne available and bills are interested!!!

Yeah, this would change the game in the AFC & lend much needed credibility that we are ready to win right now.

TrEd FTW
10-14-2011, 02:18 PM
I can't believe people are taking this guy seriously. He's a known fraud to MLB and NHL fans.