PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll is 'recruiting' LeBron James for Seahawks

sdbillsfan2
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Since OP is such a huge fan of twitter , :sarcasm2: here's something to bunch his panties!

"The biggest flirtation bouncing around Twitter at the moment is between Pete Carroll and LeBron James."

"When LeBron inquired this week (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/10/locked-out-lebron-james-inquires-about-nfl-free-agency-espn-twitter-john-clayton-miami-heat-nba/1) about the deadline to sign as an NFL free agent it created some far-fetched speculation that he was contemplating spending the NBA lockout wearing football pads."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/10/lebron-james-pete-carroll-recruiting-seattle-seahawks/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

NO , I don't take this seriously !

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I like that he would put his first name on the jersey

Skooby
Interesting.

madness
I think he should play... but only for the Cleveland Browns.

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
He would make an amazing tight end.

Sorry if that sounded gay.

JoeMama
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
How do you cover a guy who's 6'8" and ran a 4.4 forty and a 44" vertical leap in high school?

Assuming he can catch, it's a mismatch no one's ever seen before.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
How do you cover a guy who's 6'8" and ran a 4.4 forty and a 44" vertical leap in high school?

Assuming he can catch, it's a mismatch no one's ever seen before.

He can catch, he was a WR in HS.

DraftBoy
10-13-2011, 12:15 PM
This back from a few days ago;
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-10-06/lebron-joins-his-old-high-schools-football-team-on-the-practice-field

NBA star LeBron James shocked members of the St. Vincent-St. Mary high school football team when he showed up for practice wearing full pads and took part in Tuesday’s late afternoon practice session.

Players were not allowed to tackle James.

“Our defensive backs were allowed to jam him at the line of scrimmage,” SVSM running back Sae’Von Fitzgerald said. “But he took no contact after that. Coach [Dan Borman] said we shouldn’t tackle him.”

Besser was impressed with James’ football ability.

“He caught everything, he didn’t drop a pass,” Besser said. “I probably threw six or seven passes his way and he went up and got everything.”

James practiced with the team for about an hour and later tweeted about the experience, writing: “Just got done practicing with the St. V Varsity football team, full pads and all. Felt great being back on the field. Should I?”

In 2009, then-Browns coach Eric Mangini invited James to workout with the team if he wanted to give it a shot. James has often said if he was willing to put the time in, he could be a good football player. James was an All-State wide receiver at SVSM.

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
The thing is, his body isn't used to those big hits linebackers dish out. In NBA you get slightly shoved and you flop to get a foul.

Would LeBron really want to take that risk in ending his basketball career from a blindsided big hit while he's in the air fully extended?

G Wolly
10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Would LeBron really want to take that risk in ending his basketball career from a blindsided big hit while he's in the air fully extended?

We could only hope so.

I'd add him to my fantasy team.

Just for lolz.

ddaryl
10-13-2011, 12:38 PM
the entire idea of any NBA player coming to the NFL because they can't agree on a contract is laughable..

If LeBron signs with an NFL team it's purely a dog and pony gig and if he plays he'll get his ass creamed, and I will LOL!

I find all of this LeBron talk to be laughable

better days
10-13-2011, 12:47 PM
The thing is, his body isn't used to those big hits linebackers dish out. In NBA you get slightly shoved and you flop to get a foul.

Yeah, he could get injured like Bo Jackson. After snubbing the Bucs when they drafted him, Jackson turned his attention to baseball & was doing pretty well & making nice money until he decided to give footballl a shot with the Raiders. BIG mistake.

sdbillsfan2
10-13-2011, 12:54 PM
the entire idea of any NBA player coming to the NFL because they can't agree on a contract is laughable..

If LeBron signs with an NFL team it's purely a dog and pony gig and if he plays he'll get his ass creamed, and I will LOL!

I find all of this LeBron talk to be laughable

I believe that's the whole idea behind this all twitter stuff.... a few laughs , a few "what ifs" and a way James gets a little press and spotlight time. no harm-no foul, just something to bs about.

Oaf
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah, he could get injured like Bo Jackson. After snubbing the Bucs when they drafted him, Jackson turned his attention to baseball & was doing pretty well & making nice money until he decided to give footballl a shot with the Raiders. BIG mistake.
Good point. A sports fan can wish though.

BillsFever21
10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
There is no way he would give up 20+ million a year of guaranteed money to go play football and get hit every play for a contract that isn't guaranteed.

At least in football though which is more of a team sport he could choke down the stretch and not get much of the blame as opposed to basketball which is more of an individual sport. Basketball is still a team sport but an individual or great player can take over the game by himself for certain points of the game. Unless you play QB that isn't possible in football. Even with the QB you need the line to block and the WR's to get open. In basketball you can give a great player the ball and go from there.

mikemac2001
10-13-2011, 08:47 PM
There is no way he would give up 20+ million a year of guaranteed money to go play football and get hit every play for a contract that isn't guaranteed.

At least in football though which is more of a team sport he could choke down the stretch and not get much of the blame as opposed to basketball which is more of an individual sport. Basketball is still a team sport but an individual or great player can take over the game by himself for certain points of the game. Unless you play QB that isn't possible in football. Even with the QB you need the line to block and the WR's to get open. In basketball you can give a great player the ball and go from there.

ill tell ya what....he lebron u get 3 mill guaranteed and all we will do is use u in the redzone to throw fades....to the outside .....aint gonna get hit if he does its not gonna be that hard

almost would be unstoppable

TMu11
10-14-2011, 05:47 AM
ill tell ya what....he lebron u get 3 mill guaranteed and all we will do is use u in the redzone to throw fades....to the outside .....aint gonna get hit if he does its not gonna be that hard

almost would be unstoppable

Redzone?

I say throw up a hail mary every time we're on the opponents side of the 50.

Mski
10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
The guy is an athletic anomily... and could possibly hit the LB's as hard as they hit him, that being said though, i dont think he'd play in situations where he'd get decked very often... just think what you can do with a reciever who can get his hands up above 12 feet.... all of a sudden those throws out fo the back of the endzone become td's

Mski
10-14-2011, 09:19 AM
The guy is an athletic anomily... and could possibly hit the LB's as hard as they hit him, that being said though, i dont think he'd play in situations where he'd get decked very often... just think what you can do with a reciever who can get his hands up above 12 feet.... all of a sudden those throws out fo the back of the endzone become td'slet him sit there and "goaltend" those long fieldgoals too

dannyek71
10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
He isn't big enough. He is basketball big, but not football big. He'd get crushed in the NFL.

Night Train
10-14-2011, 02:39 PM
He isn't big enough. He is basketball big, but not football big. He'd get crushed in the NFL.

A 6-8 jumper in the end zone is bigger than anyone.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM

He's 6'8, 250-260, he'd be fine.

zone
10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I think he may even be 268.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
There's no way Lebron would have an impact right away. It takes weeks, probably more like months to learn an NFL playbook. You can't just go out there and run around until you get open. This isn't high school, or back yard flag football. This is the NFL. The fact that someone who hasn't played football since high school thinks they can just step in and become an NFL player is both absurd, and insulting to every player who's ever played a down in the NFL.
If athleticism made you a good NFL player, there'd be track stars all over the NFL. I hope Lebron does do something stupid like try the NFL, and I hope he gets his ass kicked.

Forward_Lateral
10-15-2011, 10:14 AM
BTW Pete Carroll is a douche.

better days
10-15-2011, 01:32 PM
There's no way Lebron would have an impact right away. It takes weeks, probably more like months to learn an NFL playbook. You can't just go out there and run around until you get open. This isn't high school, or back yard flag football. This is the NFL. The fact that someone who hasn't played football since high school thinks they can just step in and become an NFL player is both absurd, and insulting to every player who's ever played a down in the NFL.
If athleticism made you a good NFL player, there'd be track stars all over the NFL. I hope Lebron does do something stupid like try the NFL, and I hope he gets his ass kicked.

It would be CRAZY to risk a career where you make MILLIONS of $$$$$$$$ to make a few hundred thousand short term dollars.

Mr. Pink
10-15-2011, 01:39 PM

There have been a few track stars who made it in the NFL. Bob Hayes, Ron Brown, Willie Gault, James Jett. Obviously not all of them are superstars and Bob Hayes is an extreme exception but it can be done.

That all being said, I'd love for James to go to the NFL and get lit up by say, Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis over the middle.

better days
10-15-2011, 01:59 PM
There have been a few track stars who made it in the NFL. Bob Hayes, Ron Brown, Willie Gault, James Jett. Obviously not all of them are superstars and Bob Hayes is an extreme exception but it can be done.

That all being said, I'd love for James to go to the NFL and get lit up by say, Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis over the middle.

True, but none of them ever did it mid season with no training camp.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2011, 09:16 AM
And none of them were anywhere near superstardom. There are really only 2 guys I can think of that were successful at playing football, and another sport. Bo Jackson and Deon Sanders.
Bo was an unstoppable RB and a decent power hitter for the Royals. If he hadn't have gotten injured, it would be interesting to see what kind of career he would've had in both sports.

Deon was a decent baseball player (people forget he played for the Yankees, and then the Braves). Obviously he is a hall of fame cornerback.

Neither of those two guys just said one day "I want to try football".

I don't know what my point is, but this whole situation makes me dislike Lebron more than I already do.