X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • squish_the_fish88
    • Oct 2011

Brad Smith frustrated

Smith had an interview on wfan ny 660 this morning and from what i heard he sounded frustrated in how he has been used in the offense. Sounded like he wanted the wildcat to be used more and disappointed that he really hasnt had the chance to take the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs.

I'm not saying he is, but that is what i got from the interview, and the hosts joe and evan commented on the same after the interview.

I personally like what he has done and hope that he can be used more that jones has gone down but i really hope that he isnt frustrated with his role
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Brad Smith frustrated

Don't worry his involvement will be picking up this week.

Comment

• HopefulBillsFan
      • Jan 2010

smh.. im surprised he didnt ask for a new contract

Comment

• squish_the_fish88
        • Oct 2011

I believe so too. He just seemed dead in the interview. I figured being on a 4-1 team and away from all the mess that is currently the ny jets right now there would be some juice in his voice, some excitement about everything!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

brad smith = anybody can do what he does.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

What is he supposed to do with our offense producing like it is? Get on defense if you want some more PT.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Not to sound like a teenage chick here but from facebook he always says the right things and seems happy to be here. The kickoffs are probably just general frustration. Hell all kick off return guys are frustrated bc thats their time to make a play and its like having a false start call on offense right when your number was called. As far as offensively its just being a competitor. Playmakers want the ball constantly and he just wants more chances to make a play and be a big part of this offense. I know he was thrilled after his touchdown last week

Report/Mark as Spam Brad Smith
              Thank you everybody for congratulating me on my first TD with the Bills! 5-1 inbound baby! Sunday can't come fast enough!
              Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 10-13-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                • Aug 2008

I heard him in an interview on Monday night I believe it was on 660 The Fan as well.

He sounded very disinterested. I wouldn't say frustrated, but from his diction and voice I could tell he was a little disappointed and disinterested, maybe not frustrated. He did, when asked about his involvement and if maybe that TD run say something to the effect of (after a pretty big sigh) "Hopefully" (then a little chuckle). As if to say, "I'm being wasted on the bench here, man."

Didn't exactly seem like a "team first" guy to me when I heard him speak. He's on a team that's 4-1 and he's making good money, he really shouldn't be griping about anything.

I didn't hear him on Beningo and Roberts today even though I knew he was going to be on. Maybe he sounded frustrated today, but if he had the same tone as Monday, I'd say it was disinterested and disappointed. Not exactly what we want to hear, but Smith has done fine when he's been called upon.

With Jones now out, he and Spiller should get the ball a little more I would think. Maybe a trick play or two dialed up this week coming in their direction to keep Defenses honest?
                Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by squish_the_fish88
                  I believe so too. He just seemed dead in the interview. I figured being on a 4-1 team and away from all the mess that is currently the ny jets right now there would be some juice in his voice, some excitement about everything!
                  Dead is definitely the word I was looking for. His team is 4-1! He just got his first TD! Let's go Brad, get into it!

And he wonders why he doesn't play....

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                    • Jan 2010

Brad smith has been underwhelming. And I think thats why he hasn't gotten more touches he is too hesitant when he runs

Comment

• squish_the_fish88
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                      Not to sound like a teenage chick here but from facebook he always says the right things and seems happy to be here. The kickoffs are probably just general frustration. Hell all kick off return guys are frustrated bc thats their time to make a play and its like having a false start call on offense right when your number was called. As far as offensively its just being a competitor. Playmakers want the ball constantly and he just wants more chances to make a play and be a big part of this offense. I know he was thrilled after his touchdown last week
                      I hope he is happy here, i like what he has brought to the team so far thru the first 5 weeks.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                        • Jan 2003

Any offensive player worth his weight wants the ball as much as they can get it. I can certainly understand any "frustration" he has. Things are going well and he wants to be a bigger part of it. I would be more worried if he was content to sit around while winning games. This is all speculation of course as no one really knows what his state of mind is. Im sure he wants the ball more though.

On the other side of it I really would not take the ball out of Fitzpatricks hand to much at this point. No sense in running wildcat to much when Fitz has a hot hand.
                        Last edited by Billz_fan; 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM.
                        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• squish_the_fish88
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                          I heard him in an interview on Monday night I believe it was on 660 The Fan as well.

He sounded very disinterested. I wouldn't say frustrated, but from his diction and voice I could tell he was a little disappointed and disinterested, maybe not frustrated. He did, when asked about his involvement and if maybe that TD run say something to the effect of (after a pretty big sigh) "Hopefully" (then a little chuckle). As if to say, "I'm being wasted on the bench here, man."

Didn't exactly seem like a "team first" guy to me when I heard him speak. He's on a team that's 4-1 and he's making good money, he really shouldn't be griping about anything.

I didn't hear him on Beningo and Roberts today even though I knew he was going to be on. Maybe he sounded frustrated today, but if he had the same tone as Monday, I'd say it was disinterested and disappointed. Not exactly what we want to hear, but Smith has done fine when he's been called upon.

With Jones now out, he and Spiller should get the ball a little more I would think. Maybe a trick play or two dialed up this week coming in their direction to keep Defenses honest?
                          Exactly i was pumped up when i heard they were going to interview him, and then after the interview i thought wow that basically left me with nothing. He had 2 HUGE runs on 2nd and 3rd down right before fitz caused the eagles to jump to seal the victory. Those are key moments in which Gailey called his number. Without those runs on i believe it was 2nd and 11 and like 3rd and 5, the playcalling on 4th could have been completely different

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

There are certain times that his play maybe needed, so he better let Chan decide when & how. Be ready Brad, be ready.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by squish_the_fish88
                              Exactly i was pumped up when i heard they were going to interview him, and then after the interview i thought wow that basically left me with nothing. He had 2 HUGE runs on 2nd and 3rd down right before fitz caused the eagles to jump to seal the victory. Those are key moments in which Gailey called his number. Without those runs on i believe it was 2nd and 11 and like 3rd and 5, the playcalling on 4th could have been completely different
                              From what I heard, he's not a very well-spoken individual. A lot of "uhhs, umms" and long pauses and short answers. Like something's missing mentally, even more-so than the average athlete.

To be fair to him though, he's no Ellis Lankster

Hopefully Chan can get his head in the game this week! We may need him.

Comment

Working...
                              X