PDA

View Full Version : Caps' Jay Beagle gets knocked the **** OUT by Aaron Asham

OpIv37
10-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow- Chuck Liddell would be proud.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KoBXfD2oHRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unfortunately, the Caps pulled out the win in OT, which means both the Caps and Penguins got points.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Asham later apologized for mocking.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011-10-14/arron-asham-apologizes-for-post-fight-actions/50766728/1

PITTSBURGH (AP) – Pittsburgh Penguins forward Arron Asham wanted to fire up his teammates when he dropped the gloves with Washington's Jay Beagle in the third period on Thursday.

OpIv37
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Asham later apologized for mocking.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011-10-14/arron-asham-apologizes-for-post-fight-actions/50766728/1

I saw that too.

What a pussy. He had no reason to apologize. If a dude gets knocked out in a fight, it's his own fault for doing a ****ty job of defending himself.

And when you knock someone out, it's a huge adrenaline rush. Just watch what UFC fighters do after scoring a big knockout. Half the time, they're so pumped on adrenaline that they don't even remember doing it.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
I saw that too.

What a pussy. He had no reason to apologize. If a dude gets knocked out in a fight, it's his own fault for doing a ****ty job of defending himself.

And when you knock someone out, it's a huge adrenaline rush. Just watch what UFC fighters do after scoring a big knockout. Half the time, they're so pumped on adrenaline that they don't even remember doing it.

I disagree, I thought it was the right play. No need to celebrate potentially hurting somebody out in a sport that isn't designed around hand to hand combat.

TMu11
10-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Freakin awesome.

OpIv37
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
I disagree, I thought it was the right play. No need to celebrate potentially hurting somebody out in a sport that isn't designed around hand to hand combat.

In hockey, one reason teams fight at home is to fire up their teammates and the fans when the team looked flat.

He got his teammates and the fans back in the game with the win and the celebration.

DraftBoy
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
In hockey, one reason teams fight at home is to fire up their teammates and the fans when the team looked flat.

He got his teammates and the fans back in the game with the win and the celebration.

A simple fight does that, the celebration had nothing to with it.

SabreEleven
10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Hockey players have been celebrating their victory for years. The Beagle kid didn't have to fight. I saw no problem with this.

Mski
10-14-2011, 04:02 PM
thats why players who wear visors shouldnt fight, beagle had no buisness being in that fight, and Asham should have known that, and taken some sympathy on him, not break the kids jaw, thats not what hockey fights are about, they're about protecting sportsmenship, not hurting the other guy

that being said i dont know what started the fight, this certainly wasnt a coreographed bout

trapezeus
10-14-2011, 05:10 PM
i think it was nice that he could separate what happened in the game from what it looks like after the game. no one wants to have a guy knocked out in a hockey fight.

the caps, per usual, had no fight in them for the rest of the game.

jcdavey
10-15-2011, 12:23 AM
i can see why the apology was needed, it was a wwe taunt, and nhl isn't the fake stuff

that said, cm punk loved it , i loved it lol

G Wolly
10-15-2011, 02:10 AM
thats not what hockey fights are about, they're about protecting sportsmenship, not hurting the other guy

Um.

I think that's a big part of what hockey fights are about, actually.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-17-2011, 05:47 AM
He beat his ass. Give me a break with the showboat stuff, all of those guys do that. If the tables were turned, Beagle would do the same thing. If Beagle were a man, and when he remembers who he is, he should come out and say that Asham doesn't need to apologize, he would have done the same thing.