• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Give Spiller the Ball More.

I love that Jackson has been lighting it up and I don't necessarily want to break his momentum by taking away carries. But Spiller has flashed some real good things in his 15 carries. Including a 7.1 yards per attempt and some hard fought third down conversions.

He seems to be more comfortable running in the NFL and behind a line that has performed well, I think giving Spiller some carries would be a good idea.

I am all for Jackson as the lead back. But here we have this explosive talent that seems to be getting better, and we simply don't use him.

It's not a case of the kid not performing so he stops getting chances. It's a case of him not getting chances.

Once again, I am in huge favor of Jackson getting a TON of carries. But Spiller needs to get more work.
    I am The Batman.
  • sqad5
    • Dec 2004

Re: Give Spiller the Ball More.

**** yeah
    >

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
      • Dec 2008

I am playing Spiller in fantasy this week as a flex. Partly because I have next to no one else to play, but also because I agree with you here. I don't think freddie will see any less touches than normal, I simply think that we are going to ram the ball down the giants throat running! Spiller is due for a big play!

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I like the idea of Spiller split wide and that spread offense or in redirect running plays. But Jackson is far better for short yardage runs and pass blocking. Its hard to implement a new factor when in doing so you have to cease what's currently working.

In other words, IMO, if its not broke, don't fix it. Keep giving Jackson the rock.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

I'm beginning to wonder how likely it may get that Spiller ends up getting traded? With the way Fred Jackson is running the ball, it's hard to imagine that Spiller ( A former first round draft pick) will want to stick around once his contract runs out. As most players often point out, it is a business after all. JMO

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
            I'm beginning to wonder how likely it may get that Spiller ends up getting traded? With the way Fred Jackson is running the ball, it's hard to imagine that Spiller ( A former first round draft pick) will want to stick around once his contract runs out. As most players often point out, it is a business after all. JMO
            I don't think he's going anywhere. Jackson might be "the man" currently but he'll be 31 in February and hitting the down slide of his career. This is a two back league and Spiller is in a prime position to take RB 1 if Jackson starts to lose a step or falls to injury.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

4-1. Keep doing what you are doing.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

I'd play Spiller more if he didn't suck and Jackson was playing bad.
                Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-14-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Mski
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  I'd player Spiller more if he didn't suck and Jackson was playing bad.
                  thats just it, spiller hasnt sucked this year, then again jackson hasnt even come close to playing bad either
                  RIP Tommy D!
                  12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

play him more once we're leading by 21 pts.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      I'd player Spiller more if he didn't suck and Jackson was playing bad.
                      Except Spiller hasn't sucked this year. Albeit, it's a small sample of touches.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

bills are essentially giving Spiller more time to learn and less wear and tear for when freddie fizzles at somepoint.

spiller won't be traded. the bills don't really have another guy ready to go other than spiller. White seems a little too green to thrust into a major role.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Change the Give term to Get...as in slot WR or swing passes.

Spiller in open space is a good thing but Fred Jackson should never leave the field unless he's exhausted after a big gain.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

With as creative as Gailey is supposed to be, I really have a problem with the fact that C.J. has only touched the ball 21 times through five games. I get it that Freddy's playing well, but if the Bills thought enough of Spiller to draft him high in the first round, then you need to find a way to get him involved. Freddy won't be able to carry this offense by himself for an entire season, so the sooner you get C.J. going, the better. This week would be a great time to get him headed in the right direction in light of all the injuries to the WR's.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

No!... unless it's in the slot.

Comment

Working...
                              X