PDA

View Full Version : This is the game

BILLSROCK1212
10-16-2011, 09:05 AM
I know it's a non-conference game and I know the season isn't over if we lose, but this game - for the sake of momentum - is essential to establishing ourselves as one of the teams to beat in the NFL.

If we want to really catch everyone's eyes and for them not to doubt us, a win versus the NY Giants, with the injuries we have, could be monumental. It gives us a win going into the bye at 5-1, which should bring a helluva lot of fans to Toronto to go crazy for our Bills. If the fans show up in big numbers in Toronto, you can be sure we have a great shot against the NFC East leaders.

Of course, the Jets game will be huge as well, but no one will question the Bills if we win this game. This is more of a battle between Gailey and Coughlin (or Fewell) because we do matchup alright against them.

Let's pull thru and get the W! GO BILLS!

SquishDaFish
10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Agreed :gobills:

YardRat
10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
The Giants really aren't getting much love for this week, at least from what I've seen. IMO we win, and it's 'ho-hum' nationally, but if we lose it'll be 'the depleted Giants tough out a victory'.

better days
10-16-2011, 10:47 AM
I know it's a non-conference game and I know the season isn't over if we lose, but this game - for the sake of momentum - is essential to establishing ourselves as one of the teams to beat in the NFL.

If we want to really catch everyone's eyes and for them not to doubt us, a win versus the NY Giants, with the injuries we have, could be monumental. It gives us a win going into the bye at 5-1, which should bring a helluva lot of fans to Toronto to go crazy for our Bills. If the fans show up in big numbers in Toronto, you can be sure we have a great shot against the NFC East leaders.

Of course, the Jets game will be huge as well, but no one will question the Bills if we win this game. This is more of a battle between Gailey and Coughlin (or Fewell) because we do matchup alright against them.

Let's pull thru and get the W! GO BILLS!

In NY Fewell is the story this week. They are saying he KNOWS the Bills inside out & will know how to beat them.

zone
10-16-2011, 11:00 AM
In NY Fewell is the story this week. They are saying he KNOWS the Bills inside out & will know how to beat them.
How? He never coached here with the scheme we run. He know the old Bills, the ones that tried not to lose.

He will see the new Bills the ones that expect to win and will. I dare him to play his DB's 12 yards off Johnson and Nelson.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Fewell doesn't know ****.

Lexwhat
10-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree with Billsrock1212. There was a segment on nfl.com stating that Gailey's career Road record with the Bills is 3-7.

This is going to be a very tough game, and reports of the Giants "demise" are exaggerated, IMHO.

I am not yet convinced that the Bills can be Road Warriors. If we win this game, I'll be convinced we can win any given Road game this season.

MikeInRoch
10-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I worry about all the losses on Defense going into this game.

YardRat
10-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I agree with Billsrock1212. There was a segment on nfl.com stating that Gailey's career Road record with the Bills is 3-7.

Having a Year 1 evaluation season that ends with 4-12 will do that. His home record isn't that much better.

Lexwhat
10-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Having a Year 1 evaluation season that ends with 4-12 will do that. His home record isn't that much better.

Agreed. I should've been more clear in what I meant.

I think the nfl.com segment was simply pointing out the fact that Gailey hasen't yet proven that we can go on the Road to beat a quality opponent.

Today, the Bills have an opportunity to do just that.