PDA

View Full Version : Dont be surprised if ....

TypicalBill
06-28-2003, 03:59 PM
We grab a DT before training camp.... TD said that we're probably gonna get an OL and a DT before camp...we got Tucker and we're probably gonna land one of the following salary cap cuts:
--------

Bears | Washington To Be Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:24:34 -0700
Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Chicago Bears DT Ted Washington could become a salary cap casualty later this summer.

Redskins | Wilkinson To Be Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:24:11 -0700
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Washington Redskins DT Dan Wilkinson could become a salary cap casualty later this summer.

Falcons | Hall To Be Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:23:44 -0700
Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Atlanta Falcons DT Travis Hall could become a salary cap casualty later this summer.

Broncos | Dalton To Be Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:23:15 -0700
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Denver Broncos DT Lional Dalton could become a salary cap casualty later this summer.

Saints | Jackson To Be Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:22:52 -0700
Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports New Orleans Saints DT Grady Jackson could become a salary cap casualty later this summer.

Pride
06-28-2003, 04:00 PM
fi we got any of them,. I would feel much better.

We dont have any DLine depth...

mypoorfriendme
06-28-2003, 06:35 PM
id muuuuuch rather see washington be playing in buffalo again than adams, but i dont see us signing any big name players at ths position because we already have two bonfide starters there. when and if we sign a dt off waivers, itll be someone crappy

wbat27
06-28-2003, 09:17 PM
we have the room why not

ublinkwescore
06-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, then we could put three DTs in - one as a DE, we'd be unstoppable if we put whoever on the opposite side of Takeo Spikes.

Tatonka
06-28-2003, 11:04 PM
i would love to have any of the DTs you named there.. especially big ted.. man.. it would be sweeeeet to have him back.. you know pat will be happy too... big ted, pat and sam.. gawd.. sick.

i am still amazed that no one has touched chester mcglocklin. i know he is old.. but no older than ted... and he played well, even last season..

Demon
06-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
id muuuuuch rather see washington be playing in buffalo again than adams, but i dont see us signing any big name players at ths position because we already have two bonfide starters there. when and if we sign a dt off waivers, itll be someone crappy

I disagree, and agree.

First off, i disagree that Washington is better then Adams. I would prefer Adams over Washington anyday and i am not only saying that because we have Adams, but Adams has played on 2 super bowl teams (once a winner and once a loser), he has great expierence and hes stronger then Washington. Washington is going down hill IMO while Adams is still a star in this league.

Second off, i do agree that I don't see us signing anyone who would be fighting Pat Williams or Adams for a starting spot. Donahoe and GWilliams i think are happy with Adams/Williams at DT so i don't think they will put more pressure on them.

mypoorfriendme
06-29-2003, 01:48 AM
i would rather have adams from two seasons ago when he was with the ravens. last year for whatever reasons he didnt get significant playing time with the raiders, and thats what makes me say ted washington. either way, were not going to sign any big names. no way we go to play a 5-2 or anything like that ever. bannan works as a backup

SABURZFAN
06-29-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Pride
fi we got any of them,. I would feel much better.

We dont have any DLine depth...

i feel the same way.

Jan Reimers
06-29-2003, 08:21 AM
While Bannon and Edwards are capable backups, another good DT certainly wouldn't hurt. I'm more concerned about safety, however, where we are very thin. We need to save some $ to bolster the safety position, both backup SS, and possibly starting FS.

Thailog80
06-29-2003, 08:33 AM
#92 will be available after Tyrone Robertson gets cut. Any of the DT cap casualties would provide excellant depth. Just imagine an all sumo front line........Sorry Ricky,Curtis,A Strain......you'll have to go around us...........And look out for Takeo,London and Posey when you're out there.

The_Philster
06-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Vetteman84
#92 will be available after Tyrone Robertson gets cut. Any of the DT cap casualties would provide excellant depth. Just imagine an all sumo front line........Sorry Ricky,Curtis,A Strain......you'll have to go around us...........And look out for Takeo,London and Posey when you're out there.

I think Robertson was already cut. Omari Jordan wears #92 now.

Thailog80
06-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Oh well I guess that theory's out since Jordan is a major contributor and 92 wouldnt be available..........lol

THenPitBull
06-29-2003, 10:36 AM
come back big-Ted !!!

justasportsfan
06-29-2003, 10:43 AM
He's coming off an injury. TD should be very interested. :snicker:

casdhf
06-29-2003, 11:00 AM
no way, if anything we'd need a pass rushing DT to play next to Pat on 3rd Down

ryjam282
06-30-2003, 12:01 PM
I don't think if we did sign Big Ted the Head back he would be challenging for a starting spot. He is past his prime and gone are his days of playing every down. He could defintely be 100% utulized if he were to come in on plays to help spell the others(Pat and Sam) when they get tired. He would be great in that role where he can just come in give it all he has for 3-4 plays and go sit down and let the younger guys do it.

What do you guys think?

WG
06-30-2003, 12:18 PM
You're absolutely right 282!!! TW is finished. He was finished last year too.

Originally posted by casdhf
no way, if anything we'd need a pass rushing DT to play next to Pat on 3rd Down

As to this bizarre assertion that we have no depth at DT, that's nuts! That's all we have is depth. We had 5 or 6 guys of depth last year but only one starter in PW. Adams will start.

We have Bannan, Edwards, and the rookie Sape as depth. We don't need any of those guys mentioned.

If we do pick up one of those guys it should be Dalton or Hall. Dalton's young w/ some good experience on winning teams, and Hall is a pass rusher which we really need more than another slob plug like TW. The only problem w/ Hall is that he's coming off an injury as well at what will be 31 this fall; could be an issue. Then again, just TD's type of pickup. :rolleyes: I'd rather see him here than any of those other guys.

Grady Jackson is a head case, isn't he? Or am I thinking of another?

More importantly, who are the "likely interior OL cuts?"

ryven
06-30-2003, 01:42 PM
if you want youth out of the bunch pick dalton but if you want some that a pass rusher then there is jackson or hall and even wilkinson. I do agree I wish ted would come back but I dont see it happening he was a great all around tackle you dont find many of him anywhere he's one of those unique ones. but as for a back up or passing down jackson (7 years experience) or hall (9 years experience) for a combo of youth and skills would be my picks or wait to see what comes with FA next year.

IMO S. Adams seems like an all around type of tackle but im only going on whats on paper so there only stats.

TigerJ
07-01-2003, 09:22 PM
I agree that TW is not the man for the Bills. I don't think at his age he can carry the weight he carries and make it through a season as an effective player. I don't know enough about the rest of theme to bother trying to formulate an opinion. It's funny, I'm one of the older posters here, and I find I'm always one of the guys who votes against trying to turn the pages back and bring back guys form the glory years. I'm of the opinion that the Bills need to be about the business of building some glory years in this, a new era.

WG
07-01-2003, 10:17 PM
Agreed Tiger!

As well, TW couldn't carry that weight to be effective all of last season, so why should that change. You're right on.

Yeah, it's easy to look at players' pasts and then think they'll repeat much of that here again, but when you check the reality of the situations, it's very unusual. You just don't see a lot of D Linemen playing well much past the age of 33 or 34, especially the big ones like Ted.

As to Wilkinson ryven, I think you're going back to his Cincy days. He has sucked ever since he left there. He's been horrible in Washington over the past several years, the weak link on the Skins DL. He was OK when he got here, but the fans around here have been extremely hard on him b/c he hasn't done anything since '99. He's only 30, so to have not put up much in his 28-30 age range is pretty pathetic. He had good talent around him and outstanding LBs, so that's not an excuse.

We don't need him here. He's no better than what we have except that he'd demand more money.

ryven
07-02-2003, 11:22 AM
there are few guys in depth that i beleive sam will have an effect on.the rookies can learn alot from both of these guys. Edwards is good but he needs to be more consistent and bring more intensity with it but thats something he can learn now with two great DL to watch.