PDA

View Full Version : No one to blame today

Skooby
10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
The Giants out-played us & the refs didn't cause us to lose. We had a few missed passes & allowed them to pass on us. Let's get healthy during the bye week & make this up!!

GO Bills!!

Historian
10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
No turnovers, either.

We live and die by the big play on defense.

Crisis
10-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Um, I think you can blame the QB for under throwing an open receiver on a game-winning drive resulting in an interception.

BertSquirtgum
Are you crazy? This loss is on Gailey for ****ty second half play calling and Fitzpatrick for sucking so bad. 80% fitz and 20% on Gailey.

imbondz
just don't feel like this is a big loss.

Lexwhat
10-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Lost a close game like I predicted. Hurts to lose games like this.

Fitzpatrick deserves blame. Some horrible throws. His 2nd interception cost us the game.

Lexwhat
10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Are you crazy? This loss is on Gailey for ****ty second half play calling and Fitzpatrick for sucking so bad. 80% fitz and 20% on Gailey.

Disagree that it's Gailey's fault. He called a game that would've allowed us to win.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Boomer just asked....Why are you calling a pass play on first down? very good question boomer, very good question. I still think you're a douche.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Disagree that it's Gailey's fault. He called a game that would've allowed us to win.
see the post above this one.

Thurmal
10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
That pass call to Johnson was a great call by Gailey, and it should've been a TD...Fitz just underthrew it. Plain and simple; he makes that pass, the Bills probably win.

paladin warrior
10-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Yes i am F**K it blame. why Ryan threw the ball int. almost red zone,, Should have gave to fred without 2 int.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
We can blame the injury bug.

All things considered, with the depth we had to utilize today, and we STILL should have, or at least easily could have, pulled away with a W. Wasn't a bad performance. Giants are a tough team especially at home.

Yeah you can say Gailey should have ran the ball when we were in Giants territory at 4mins left in the 4th quarter, and Fitz made a poor throw on that INT, and that Bradshaw TD wasn't really a TD, and Freddy Jackson got hosed on a pass interference call, and Drayton Florence got hosed on one, and we were on our 3rd string LT and were missing 3 of our starting front 7, and were starting our 6th WR coming out of training camp......you can say all that but no one cares.

A loss is a loss. I think this team will come out of the bye with more chips on their shoulder than ever before. Plus we'll be healthy again. The look of disgust in Fitz's eyes told me he wants to rape the Redskins worse than Christopher Columbus.

Lexwhat
10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
see the post above this one.

Are you serious? Stevie Johnson had his man clearly beat! Fitz throws a better ball than that and we score a TD.

Didn't Boomer say the Bills should let the Giants score a TD on that last possession too? Boomer is a moron.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Are you serious? Stevie Johnson had his man clearly beat! Fitz throws a better ball than that and we score a TD.

Didn't Boomer say the Bills should let the Giants score a TD on that last possession too? Boomer is a moron.

You mean Phil Simms? And yes he is a moron.

Mudflap1
10-16-2011, 03:28 PM
The game was pretty evenly matched, it came down to who made mistakes. The fade calls were fine. However, you can't underthrow them. If anything, overthrow them as there wasn't a safety over the top. Fitzpatrick totally blew those two plays, and the second one changed the leverage of the game in the final moments.

This one is on Fitz. The defense up to that point only gave up 7 points in the second half. The Bills had control of their destiny. He gave it away carelessly.

Lexwhat
10-16-2011, 03:30 PM
You mean Phil Simms? And yes he is a moron.

Thanks for the correction.

But yes, I believe the play-calling by Gailey was fine. Fitz dropped the ball today, along with a few others.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 03:31 PM

like i said 80% on fitz and 20% on Gailey. There were some head banger calls today.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM

Nooooo, Phil Simms said that.

psubills62
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
There's tons of blame to go around.

Fitzpatrick needs to get more distance on those throws. Need to run routes farther downfield and take advantage of the middle of the field. I had a hunch Scott Chandler might be used a little more this game, but it never happened.

One thing I liked seeing was that we lost the turnover battle, but were still very much in the game. It really concerned me that we were winning the TO margin in each game, sometimes by a lot, but still barely winning the game. I was afraid of the team really flopping when the TO margin was much more even, but it was an extremely competitive game.

Also, nice to see a Nelson sighting.

I know some people believe the refs are beyond reproach and there were no obvious times where calls or non-calls lost us the game...but come on! There were multiple obvious PI's on the Giants that were never called. In fact, the one on the Fred Jackson play was pretty much EXACTLY like the one called late on Florence. Giants receivers were actually constantly pushing off, but I know that's never called. Not saying the refs cost us the game, but they were bad yet again.

Another thing that may have cost us the game was Fitzpatrick taking those two consecutive sacks - put us out of FG range.

Just a sloppy game and poor play on our side of the ball. Can't believe we made Eli Manning look so good.

Overall, this game really sucked. We had a great chance to either win or go ahead and they blew it. This game has really created a horrible feeling for me. I hope it motivates the team during the bye week, and I really hope they can fix some of the stuff.

Our bye comes at a nice time to pull off a trade. Get a guy by Tuesday, have two weeks for him to learn the offense.

jamze132
10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
So no one wants to put any blame on Florence today? I would say he and Andre friggin Davis are the defensive goats today.

Only one on offense, and that's Fitz for a couple of poorly thrown balls.

clumping platelets
10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I do know that interference should be called both ways. Nicks pushed off at least 3 times. Freddie was mauled and it wasn't called but was when the Giants had the ball.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I do know that interference should be called both ways

That non-call on Freddy was some horse****.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 03:38 PM
So no one wants to put any blame on Florence today? I would say he and Andre friggin Davis are the defensive goats today.

Only one on offense, and that's Fitz for a couple of poorly thrown balls.

You can say Andra Davis is a goat every week.

Honestly, Florence didn't have his best game, but he's far from the reason we lost. He was ok, certainly not good, but not terrible. Hakeem Nicks is a nightmare for every CB in the league.

Mudflap1
10-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Florence sucked too, but he didn't blow the game. The Giants were in field goal range anyway at the end of the game, and they kicked a field goal. Bills had the ball down by three with 1:30 left, enough time to drive, and didn't do anything.

Fitz is the one that blew it with 4:00 left and the ball on the 25 yard line.

Pinkerton Security
10-16-2011, 03:42 PM
fitz's inability to lead Stevie when he had webster beat TWICE, and then drayton florence's boneheaded plays can definitely be blamed for the loss, IMO.

Pinkerton Security
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
You can say Andra Davis is a goat every week.

Honestly, Florence didn't have his best game, but he's far from the reason we lost. He was ok, certainly not good, but not terrible. Hakeem Nicks is a nightmare for every CB in the league.

but florence's PI penalties were just DUMB....turn your head and see the ball and they're not gonna call you, and who knows maybe you'll actually catch the ball instead of nicks.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Florence sucked too, but he didn't blow the game. The Giants were in field goal range anyway at the end of the game, and they kicked a field goal. Bills had the ball down by three with 1:30 left, enough time to drive, and didn't do anything.

Fitz is the one that blew it with 4:00 left and the ball on the 25 yard line.

Gailey blew it by calling a pass play with 4:00 left.

Run the ball, tick tick tick...

At the very worst, that's taken you down to the 2 minute warning and kicking you a FG that gives you the lead while the Giants would have all their TOs.

Pick up A first down, you're running it down to 1:30 at best, forcing the Giants to use all of their timeouts and forcing them to go realistically 45 yards to have a chance at sending it to OT.

That's playing to win, not trying to throw a TD pass with 4 minutes left.

Historian
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM

At the very worst, that's taken you down to the 2 minute warning and kicking you a FG that gives you the lead while the Giants would have all their TOs.

Pick up A first down, you're running it down to 1:30 at best, forcing the Giants to use all of their timeouts and forcing them to go realistically 45 yards to have a chance at sending it to OT.

That's probably how I would have played it, but that's not this Bills team.

They go for the gusto on every play, and until today it has generally worked.

The BYE comes at a good time with how thin we are at LT.

While I hate to lose a close one, this loss really doesn't hurt us in the tiebreaker realm.

I'm still fuming over the collapse in Cincy, as they are now 4-2 as well.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
and 97% on Florence the human pass interference

Luisito23
Fitz sucks, and Gailey tried to get too cute, and the defense doesn't even deserve to be talked about, but yeah no one is to blame today.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 03:51 PM
and 97% on Florence the human pass interference

florence interference doesn't cost the Bills the game......

Maximilli
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Fitz fault for throwing pic but i felt they should've ran a couple of times to run the clock down a little

Mad Max
10-16-2011, 03:58 PM
We can blame the injury bug.

All things considered, with the depth we had to utilize today, and we STILL should have, or at least easily could have, pulled away with a W. Wasn't a bad performance. Giants are a tough team especially at home.

Yeah you can say Gailey should have ran the ball when we were in Giants territory at 4mins left in the 4th quarter, and Fitz made a poor throw on that INT, and that Bradshaw TD wasn't really a TD, and Freddy Jackson got hosed on a pass interference call, and Drayton Florence got hosed on one, and we were on our 3rd string LT and were missing 3 of our starting front 7, and were starting our 6th WR coming out of training camp......you can say all that but no one cares.

A loss is a loss. I think this team will come out of the bye with more chips on their shoulder than ever before. Plus we'll be healthy again. The look of disgust in Fitz's eyes told me he wants to rape the Redskins worse than Christopher Columbus.

We could. It would be a bad argument though.

The Giants had key players out as well...namely Justin Tuck and Snee.

Gailey and Fitz are largely to blame here, not OUR injuries.

Mudflap1
10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
The call to Stevie Johnson was a good one at the end of the game, Johnson was totally open, Fitz just underthrew him by five yards.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM

We play to win, everybody gets mad that we were too aggressive / we play the clock game & then we're too conservative.

There is no good way to lose but our losses are close games decided by FG's in games we could of won, we're there man / we're there.

kingJofNYC
10-16-2011, 04:29 PM
What was Fred's average on carries after he nabbed the 80 yarder?

We went for the kill, Steve was open, Fitz made a bad throw. I'd rather go for the the kill shot when it's there than settling for some conservative drive that only nets us 3. Especially with the way our D is playing.

My main beef was not calling a draw on 3rd and 16 when we were in FG range. Fitz didn't throw it away, and took a terrible sack. QB has to be smarter than that.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 04:48 PM
What was Fred's average on carries after he nabbed the 80 yarder?

We went for the kill, Steve was open, Fitz made a bad throw. I'd rather go for the the kill shot when it's there than settling for some conservative drive that only nets us 3. Especially with the way our D is playing.

This is how I see it, FG's would potentially lose us the game. I just think that there was a few things that they could of done different but my armchair doesn't chime into Fitz's helmet.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
We could. It would be a bad argument though.

The Giants had key players out as well...namely Justin Tuck and Snee.

Gailey and Fitz are largely to blame here, not OUR injuries.

You're right they do. But if you want to go that route then we have to blame Nix.

The Giants have better depth and are more equipped to withstand the injury bug. Their fourth best pass rusher (Kiawinuka) is better than our best guy (whomever that may be).

ParanoidAndroid
10-16-2011, 06:10 PM
florence interference doesn't cost the Bills the game......

Maybe not one, but three? Those were very costly mistakes. every time, they were underthrown balls where the receiver had to slow up to make a play. Watch Webster play the ball when that happens as opposed to Florence who decides to leap and faceguard instead. Terrible CB play.