X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cutter10x
    • Feb 2003

flutie

i just watched a espn2 sports centery on 1984, i had flutie on it about his boston college hail mary. it also went through his pro career and not once did it show or talk about his days in buffalo. it showed the cfl, usfl, and the chargers, he even spoke with his charger hat on so i know it wasnt made that long ago, i think its ****ing BS. the little tweerp, has a problem with some coaches and such, but i think it was a slap in the fans face...

down with flute..........loser

:rocket:

O ffical member of theLYNCH MOB
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

I always knew he was an *******

Byrd.

Comment

• BillsFever
      Mr. Predictament
      • Feb 2003

He's always been a loser.

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

and a ******

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

why does ******* go through but f@gg0t not?

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Did HE decide what film was used or what questions was asked?

Sounds like sour grapes.

It was not like he left Buffalo on his own. He was cut in favor of 'Mr. Potential"!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host

Sounds like sour grapes.

It was not like he left Buffalo on his own. He was cut in favor of 'Mr. Potential"!

While I'm not defending the choice made, he did make the coaches' decision for them when he said he'd give the offense a try but if things weren't working how he liked, he'd do it his own way. RJ said he'd follow the coaches' orders.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                While I'm not defending the choice made, he did make the coaches' decision for them when he said he'd give the offense a try but if things weren't working how he liked, he'd do it his own way. RJ said he'd follow the coaches' orders.
                And Johnson said the same thing regarding not taking hits and throwing it away. And how did he get knocked out? By doing what he said - trying to make a stupid play which was going no where.

Flutie tried running the 'offense game plan' from previous OC and then made plays when play broke down. No different than what he said he would do when new coach and front office came in.

Flutie even offered to renegotiate - Johnson didn't and didn't care about being cut.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

Well if Flutie did select what film was used on it, all I've got to say is HA HA, RJ has a ring, and you don't.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

And Johnson said the same thing regarding not taking hits and throwing it away. And how did he get knocked out? By doing what he said - trying to make a stupid play which was going no where.
                    Those are two vastly different scenarios. Flutie said he wouldn't listen to the coaches. RJ wasn't bright enough to override his programming...programming that John Robinson of USC put into him...telling him to hold onto the ball to make the big play. Plus he didn't trust his WRs to make plays as much as he should have...which explained why he held onto the ball even when he had a WR that could have easily made the play.
                    It's an argument of insubordination vs. stupidity. They figured they could retrain RJ but not convince an old QB to follow plans to the letter if he's worked his whole career as a free lancer, so to speak.

Flutie tried running the 'offense game plan' from previous OC and then made plays when play broke down. No different than what he said he would do when new coach and front office came in.
                    Remember who we're talking about, though? Gregg Williams came in as a bit of a control freak. Maybe logic dictates that you design around a player but Williams insisted things be done his way. RJ said he would...Doug said he wouldn't.

Flutie even offered to renegotiate - Johnson didn't and didn't care about being cut.
                    I'm pretty sure RJ did restructure anyway.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsFever
                      Mr. Predictament
                      • Feb 2003

There's still people out there who think we should've kept an old Doug Flutie. The same guy that lost 9 straight games the following year? How stupid could we have been?

Comment

• BillsFever
                        Mr. Predictament
                        • Feb 2003

Sure RJ didn't work out, but Flutie wasn't even an option.

Comment

• imbondz
                          Democrats are people too
                          • Jan 2003

Sounds like sour grapes.

EXACTLY. Anyone who can say that Flutie didn't get screwed in Buffalo is wrong. He leads the Bills to the playoffs and then doesnt get the start because Johnson has one good game. Made no sense. Flutie should have been pissed. He had a right to be. I'm not saying Flutie was long term, but he earned the playoffs.
                          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

why are we even talking about him.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

good point.
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X