PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Buffalo's offense coming back down to Earth

Mike
10-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Offense is leveling off. Today 2 of our 3 TD came off big plays. Bills are having a hard time, week after week, sustaining long drives & moving the ball. Defenses are taking our short game away, jaming our WR, etc.

If we continue to have a hard time moving the ball expect a lot of games like today!

imbondz
10-16-2011, 04:11 PM
right the 7 minute drive that ended with a TD in the 4th quarter sucked.

Novacane
10-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Defense HAS to turn things around. No offense can put up 30+ every week.

imbondz
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
if our D was 20% better, we would without question be 6-0 right now.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM

Amnesia + Alcohol = Delusions.

Mike
10-16-2011, 04:19 PM

One good drive the whole game! Good offenses get way more than one especially vs bad secondaries.

kingJofNYC
10-16-2011, 04:25 PM
So scoring on big plays is a bad thing now?

We would've had more points if Fitz didn't take a couple of sacks near the end of the half, INT also killed that second to last drive. We had some good drives, we just turned it over or took sacks.

Also have injuries on O, **** is bound to catch up to us.

Syderick
10-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't get what your complaining about. We scored 24 points, and had some big plays happen. We have a big play offense, there's nothing wrong with that.

Mike
10-16-2011, 04:27 PM
So scoring on big plays is a bad thing now?

wow! Did you just ask that? Are you really that dull? What's bad is that the offense only had 1 good drive the whole game, just one. That's what's bad.

kingJofNYC
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
wow! Did you just ask that? Are you really that dull? What's bad is that the offense only had 1 good drive the whole game, just one. That's what's bad.
No, we had more than one good drive, but Fitz killed the two others with bad plays.

Drive near the end of the half and the one with the INT were both good drives that ended with zero points.

You're getting worked up over nothing.

Oaf
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Fitzpatrick lost this game for us with two INTS on identical plays that a high school QB could have made the throw on.

Mike
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
What I'm saying is simple. If our offense was better, we would of won that game. We would of gotten within FG range or gotten a TD with 1:20remaining or so.

Look at the prolific offenses, they get sustained drives & they get big plays. They get both! The big plays should not prevent good drives in the future. The problem with depending on big plays, which we do -both on offense & defense- is that when you play a good team that's the first thing they do -take away big plays, turnovers, etc...

jimbohastle51
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
the offense is not leveling off, Fitz is not throwing the ball past 12 yards down the field accurately. Fitz is a terribly inaccurate QB beyond 8-10 yards. the problem is if you only throw short passes and quick slants, eventually defenses can take away chances for yards after the catch. That is exactly what they did in this game. the just played cover 2 and tackled everybody that caught a pass immediately besides 1 pass by david nelson. Fitz has to take chances and make them accurate and not reckless or by week 10 there will be no running game for buffalo either. if you take away the 80 yard run in the beginning of the game jackson did not have a monster day once they started crowding the box in the second half.

Mike
10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Anyways, Bills are 4-2 & fun to watch, & that's what matters! Will they win SB, probably not, but it's been a fun season none the less.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Offense is leveling off. Today 2 of our 3 TD came off big plays. Bills are having a hard time, week after week, sustaining long drives & moving the ball. Defenses are taking our short game away, jaming our WR, etc.

If we continue to have a hard time moving the ball expect a lot of games like today!
Ok thanks for the warning....

Johnny Bugmenot
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
This happens every year, with every team in the league. It's part of the adjustment process. Every year we have a whole bunch of teams lighting up the universe with huge offensive numbers, then everything comes back to reality.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 04:47 PM
That's because we're starting our 6th WR out of training camp and our LT is out.

Mahdi
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't agree, I think the offense is just as good as we thought it was. A couple of bad throws just ruined it today.

Imagine if our defense could get off the field and our O could get more possessions.

I think our O will be even better after the bye and Fitz will come back with special performances.

Plus our OL is playing great football, FJ is amazing, we are very diverse in terms of playcalling and Stevie is sick.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I think you're delusional.

ParanoidAndroid
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM

The big plays happened because they were trying to take away our short game. Fitz's one weakness is the long ball, as evidenced by his 2 underthrown balls/picks intended for Stevie.

Give the Giants credit for getting in the throwing lanes and giving Fitz a hard time all day. This is the number one pass rushing defense in the league.

It was not mistake-free football like the Bills have been playing most of the time.

The Jokeman
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
if our D was 20% better, we would without question be 6-0 right now.
In a perfect world Perry Fewell was still our HC/DC and Chan Gailey was our OC.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
In a perfect world the NFL doesn't exist.

Mahdi
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
The big plays happened because they were trying to take away our short game. Fitz's one weakness is the long ball, as evidenced by his 2 underthrown balls/picks intended for Stevie.

Give the Giants credit for getting in the throwing lanes and giving Fitz a hard time all day. This is the number one pass rushing defense in the league.

It was not mistake-free football like the Bills have been playing most of the time.
I don't agree that Fitz can't hit that pass. He has been hitting it all year. Twice to Jones 2 weeks ago.

He just didn't feel it this week and shortarmed them a bit.

Fitz can hit it long but we don't have the WRs for that. We stretch the field horizontally as Chan puts it.

This offense will only get better.

YardRat
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
The o-line is 'succeeding' with smoke and mirrors.
We've lost a few WR's, and now a couple of LT's.
Fitz is what he is...every QB has a bad game, and despite his other stats the two throws today overshadowed anything else.

Were both off of his back foot, or just the last one?

jimbohastle51
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM

in a perfect world Cowher is our HC and Gailey would be the OC. by Cowher giving Gailey the vote of confidence to Nix and Mr. Wilson Gailey got the job which makes it pretty obvious if Cowher was hired his OC was going to be Gailey. although i dont question any of Gailey's coaching this game.. i question 2 of fitz TERRIBLE throws. Gailey even references them BOTH if you listen/watch his post game conference. fitz has 12 TD's and 6 INT's on the season, the INT's are starting to creep up more and more. he is getting worse not better. this team especially Fitz NEEDS this bye week to settle down and correct things.

jimbohastle51
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
The o-line is 'succeeding' with smoke and mirrors.
We've lost a few WR's, and now a couple of LT's.
Fitz is what he is...every QB has a bad game, and despite his other stats the two throws today overshadowed anything else.

Were both off of his back foot, or just the last one?

agreed on the "Fitz is what he is" comment. he is not a franchise QB but he can run the offense that gailey wants ran here. as for the oline i think we are strong up the middle but our LT situation has got to get better. pears has been more than serviceable (your going to give a sack or 2 up to this pass rush if your QB does not get rid of the ball). i am actually really impressed with roosevelt. i think he is fitting right in. and for a guy that people said was alittle slow, he had no problem smoking the giants DB's for that long TD run.

theanswer74
10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
24 points and 370+ yards means we have been figured out?

Do we remember 2001-2010?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-17-2011, 05:42 AM
I know fans are the same all around, but Buffalo fans have got to be one of the top fan bases that overreacts to everything. When you are on the road against a good team, probably a better team than the Bills, and you are in a position to win with four minutes left, you are playing a good game. Most of you guys think that this team has to be perfect to be good, well guess what, no team is perfect.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2011, 06:32 AM
I know fans are the same all around, but Buffalo fans have got to be one of the top fan bases that overreacts to everything. When you are on the road against a good team, probably a better team than the Bills, and you are in a position to win with four minutes left, you are playing a good game. Most of you guys think that this team has to be perfect to be good, well guess what, no team is perfect.

Agreed. I mean, almost 400 yards of total offense, and the offense is coming back down to earth. Only 24 points scored, what a travesty.

People tend to forget how God awful this team's offense has been for the past 8 or so years (Since Bledsoe left).

It's nice to be able to ***** about a 4-2 team, but some fans take it way to far.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Umm, you realize good offenses get those big plays. The offense had only one game under 20 points and that's vs. the best defense in the league. Our offense is good enough to win, the D has just been that bad.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
If you take away their 24 points, they got SHUT OUT!!!! :insane:

psubills62
10-17-2011, 11:07 AM
People are seriously complaining about 24 points? Do people realize our team has not scored less than 20 in any game yet this season?

chernobylwraiths
10-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Last four games, offense scored:
27 vs New England
13 vs Cincinatti
24 vs the Eagles
24 vs the Giants

I don't see the offense coming "back to earth"

ddaryl
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
we're not as explosive as we were to start the season, it's obvious teams have enough tape on our O and have made adjustments that are causing us some pain...

Fitz is solid but his weaknesses of accuracy and arm strength have come shining through.... He is still solid, but replaceable. yet QB is still not our biggest need, and Fitz is still very capable.

our main problem is still our porous defense

cookie G
10-17-2011, 12:44 PM
People are seriously complaining about 24 points? Do people realize our team has not scored less than 20 in any game yet this season?

In 2009, we scored 24 or more points 4 times during the entire season.
In 2007, 3 times
In 2006, 4 times

We were averaging about 275/game in yardage in those years.

I don't mind taking 375 in yards and 24 points as a bad day.

Mike
11-15-2011, 02:42 AM
I think you're delusional.

Maybe I saw the writing on the wall before you.

Mike
11-15-2011, 02:44 AM

No silly willy. I was compiling that the offense without a few breaks, like 9 turnovers in 2 games, or defense scoring, etc is very average.

This conversation was started about 4 weeks ago, and now what I have been saying for weeks on end is becoming apparent to every one. Maybe even you.

Mike
11-15-2011, 02:46 AM
Last four games, offense scored:
27 vs New England
13 vs Cincinatti
24 vs the Eagles
24 vs the Giants

I don't see the offense coming "back to earth"

Watch the games. Many defensive points, shOrt field because of turnovers, big plays, etc...

Last two games:
7ps, 11pts

RoscoeMagic
11-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Can we cut it out with the bumping of all the "I told you" threads?

Mike
11-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Can we cut it out with the bumping of all the "I told you" threads?

Well, I got crucified many times over for sharing what I saw on any topic which was considered 'negative' even though I was right. I wish that the Bills were better, and that I am wrong. It's a funner season that way......
..... but getting attacked for expressing an opinion with valid points is not only illogical but tribal.....
.... The I told ya so thread attones for that. At the end of it all, the reality becomes apparent to everyone...