PDA

View Full Version : still in playoff race

Billsfan3
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Even though it was a tough loss today through 6 weeks bills are still in the playoffs http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs

Crisis
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
How much would it suck to miss out on the playoffs because of cinci having tiebreaker over us?

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Seven teams sit at 4-2. It would have been nice to separate ourselves from the pack going into the bye. But yes, at 4-2 the sky certainly isn't falling. Playoffs are still attainable.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 07:07 PM
How much would it suck to miss out on the playoffs because of cinci having tiebreaker over us?
Sucks because the Bengals have a cupcake schedule. They literally play no one aside from Pitt and Baltimore. Home vs. Houston is their toughest.

Ed
10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I think Cincy and Tenn will start to fade. The teams that concern me are Baltimore/Pitt and staying ahead of the Jets.

We hold the tie-breaker against Oakland and it looks like they could be without Jason Campbell for a while after injuring his collarbone today.

Night Train
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I love the grit of this team and the job Gailey is doing... but playoffs still seem a year away to me, with our paper thin depth and a D that must get turnovers to overcome being gored most every week.

Combine that with a tough post bye week schedule and it's a lot to ask a roster that still looks overmatched on paper most weeks.

Some teams stumbling now will get hot and it may be difficult to stay in some of these upcoming games.

I'll still root like hell but i'm not going overboard yet.

Let's come out of the bye, beat Washington , then progress weekly through a tough schedule before sending in our playoff ticket invoices.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I think Cincy and Tenn will start to fade. The teams that concern me are Baltimore/Pitt and staying ahead of the Jets.

We hold the tie-breaker against Oakland and it looks like they could be without Jason Campbell for a while after injuring his collarbone today.

Wow what happened with Campbell? Is it bad? That would be huge. I just looked up their backup. Kyle Boller? Yikes.

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I have no doubt that we'll take care of the Redskins. We'll be healthier, pissed off, and playing against John ****ing Beck.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I have no doubt that we'll take care of the Redskins. We'll be healthier, pissed off, and playing against John ****ing Beck.

Them Canadian fans better show up, eh!

BillsOwnAll
I love the grit of this team and the job Gailey is doing... but playoffs still seem a year away to me, with our paper thin depth and a D that must get turnovers to overcome being gored most every week.

Some teams stumbling now will get hot and it may be difficult to stay in some of these upcoming games.

We didnt get ONE turnover today and didnt get gored.

Also who is stumbling thats going to get hot? Pitt? Its easy to say cinci and tenn are hot and going to stumble on the flip side. The AFC is weak...were not that bad we can definitly get into the playoffs...then...anything is possible.

Skooby

Yeah, I see that & the Jets at home putting us in a better spot. 6-2 here we come!!

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I see that & the Jets at home putting us in a better spot. 6-2 here we come!!

Now THAT'S the **** I'm talkin about.:rockout:

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Plus still have two against the sucking-for-Luck-but-not-on-purpose-we're-just-that-bad Dolphins.

Ed
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow what happened with Campbell? Is it bad? That would be huge. I just looked up their backup. Kyle Boller? Yikes.
Don't really know the severity yet, but he got knocked out of the game today and it was reported that he was in a lot of pain.

And yeah, Kyle Boller is their only other qb right now. Could be a tough break for them.

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Campbell broke his collar-bone. Out for the season.

SpillerThrills
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Boller and Pryor.... not sure how well Pryor is picking up the pro game but he's eligible to play now....

Ed
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow, that was bad. I didn't think they'd report anything this soon. They're definitely in trouble now. No way Boller or Pryor leads them to the playoffs.

CAbills
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Cinci still has Ravens and Steelers twice though.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Cinci still has Ravens and Steelers twice though.

I think that cancels all those teams out to a point.

better days
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM

Profootballtalk.com is reporting the Raiders are talking to Mike Brown about Carson Palmer but doubts Brown will trade him.

They also speculated the raiders could try to trade for Orton, but I don't see that happening either.

Even though Davis has died, the Raiders will reflect him for years to come IMO & Orton is not a Raider type QB.