PDA

View Full Version : 4 - 2 Going Into the Bye

DynaPaul
10-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Hopefully we can get some guys healthy and regroup for the next stretch of games. Who thought we'd have a record this good? I know today's loss was disappointing but we're still in great shape.

YardRat
10-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I had us at 3-3, so they are still exceeding my expectations.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Definitely. The Skins looked like a train wreck this week too. Grossman got pulled after four picks and let the Eagles finally win a game.

Then again, the Giants just came off a loss to Seattle where Eli threw three picks :ill:

jimbohastle51
10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
4-2 is better than i expected but 2 losses by a total of 6 points and one of those two losses was taken from us by a discretionary "tuck rule" call and the other by 2 bonehead INT's. tough to swallow! we need these 2 weeks for sure!

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Definitely. The Skins looked like a train wreck this week too. Grossman got pulled after four picks and let the Eagles finally win a game.

Then again, the Giants just came off a loss to Seattle where Eli threw three picks :ill:

That's why I knew we'd get their best shot today. Good teams, which NY is, don't lay eggs in back-to-back weeks at home. And we still should have won.

We played a good team today. And we ARE a good team, too. Even in defeat. If you (and I don't mean you personally) can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 08:56 PM
That's why I knew we'd get their best shot today. Good teams, which NY is, don't lay eggs in back-to-back weeks at home. And we still should have won.

We played a good team today. And we ARE a good team, too. Even in defeat. If you (and I don't mean you personally) can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

I agree. I think Chris Brown said the Giants haven't lost two straight at home since 2006 and only twice under Couglin since 2004. And look at the Bengals...4-2 as well. It's not like we're losing to marshmallows.

Night Train
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
I thought 2-4, so they're way ahead of where I thought they would be.

It's still a thin roster and 8 wins wouldn't surprise me but I'm pleased with the job Gailey is doing. A coach needs players and we're obviously short at key positions. Losses do suck but to act shocked or pissed after each is silly.

This isn't the 1990-94 Bills... and they used to go to Pittsburgh & KC and get crushed.

Don't Panic
10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
I want to see us healthy. These guys are young, so the learning curve should grow each week. If we can avoid injuries I could see a nice run coming in the weeks to come.

My worry is that teams are starting to gameplan Gailey much better, which was the only reason we jumped out to a 4-1 record in the first place. He's going to have to get even craftier for us to stay competitive.

tampabay25690
10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Im happy.
Just need to regroup and get that 5th win vs Washington....
Like the young group we have....

better days
10-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I want to see us healthy. These guys are young, so the learning curve should grow each week. If we can avoid injuries I could see a nice run coming in the weeks to come.

My worry is that teams are starting to gameplan Gailey much better, which was the only reason we jumped out to a 4-1 record in the first place. He's going to have to get even craftier for us to stay competitive.

Well, Gailey BEAT Belichick & exposed the Philly wide 9 defense. Two games FEW people thought the Bills could win.

I expect more of the same from Chan & the Bills. I did hear in the Jets/Fins game that teams coming off the bye have a poor record due to the new rules. We will see how Chan does with this.

SABURZFAN
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM
4-2 looks better than 4-12.

Meathead
10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
well in preseason i had 4-2 at this point and weve traded cincy and nyg for the cheaters and dogbeaters so i will take that

6-4 from here on is all they need for ten wins and a likely playoff spot. if they cant do that then they dont deserve to make the postseason