X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Gailey Pissed at the two INTs

"We didn't hit those two plays". He said that a number of times. Very terse. You have to know who he point the finger to.

Reality is reality. I will say as long as Fitz is our starting QB, you cannot complain that we command respect and be favored all the time.

I gave Fitz credit that this year he has minimized his mistakes. But sooner or later, teams are going to explore you weakness and consistent long ball accuracy is his issue. Unfortunately I don't see him getting over that hurdle, something Brady was managed to do - Fitz is in his 7th year in the league now.
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Gailey Pissed at the two INTs

with the 15th pick of the 2012 Nfl draft the buffalo bills select.....Insert Quarterback here.

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

I don't think the Giants exploited anything, he just made a couple bad throws. We've seen him hit deeper throws then those down the sideline multiple times this year. I'm still pissed that they even tried that play on the second one. With 4 minutes left in the game and a 1st down, why even go endzone on that play?

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
        with the 15th pick of the 2012 Nfl draft the buffalo bills select.....Insert Quarterback here.
        If they see a Roethlisberger/Flaco type of guy sitting there, they would. But most likely, they want to get a starter out of the first round - there are O-Line, TE, multiple D-line positions they can upgrade yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Stop trying to point fingers, it was a team loss.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ed
            I don't think the Giants exploited anything, he just made a couple bad throws. We've seen him hit deeper throws then those down the sideline multiple times this year. I'm still pissed that they even tried that play on the second one. With 4 minutes left in the game and a 1st down, why even go endzone on that play?
            4 minutes is a lot of time. Stevie beat Webster clean from the get go. In a one-on-one situation there, any NFL QB worth the salt needs to go there. Even Fitz admitted that he would hit Stevie 10 out of 10 on those plays.

It's not a problem of hooking up with Stevie 10 out of 10; rather, it is 10 out of 10 hitting Stevie on strides and on the outside shoulder when the corner has inside coverage. I think someone pointed out last week and you can see Fitz's completion thoughout the season: he's very good at getting the ball to receivers with inside release (even today Roosevelt TD and Nelson's big catch prior to the INT), and he's OK on those flank outside throws, but he's just not good (arm strength wise) at getting ball to the outside downfield.

Comment

• wmoz11
              • Sep 2008

Gailey can be that way because he's confident in Fitz. If he wasn't, he'd baby him in the media.

Listen, everyone that expects Fitz to be some world-beater is setting their expectations far too high. We know what Fitz is: a top-10-15 QB that gets it done by using his intelligence and guts, not his physical talents.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                http://www.buffalobills.com/media-ce...1-f8e299d3fd41

"We didn't hit those two plays". He said that a number of times. Very terse. You have to know who he point the finger to.

Reality is reality. I will say as long as Fitz is our starting QB, you cannot complain that we command respect and be favored all the time.

I gave Fitz credit that this year he has minimized his mistakes. But sooner or later, teams are going to explore you weakness and consistent long ball accuracy is his issue. Unfortunately I don't see him getting over that hurdle, something Brady was managed to do - Fitz is in his 7th year in the league now.
                i touched on this in another post... he is at 12 TD's and 6 INT's... he is not getting better, he is getting worse. if this 2 weeks of practice doesnt get it fixed we are in trouble. those 2 picks were unacceptable, they were not even in the vicinity of close.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Stop trying to point fingers, it was a team loss.
                  nope, fitz blew it. why is it so hard for you to admit that?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

nope, fitz blew it. why is it so hard for you to admit that?
                    The team blew it, Fitz's INT near the end didn't mean we had assured points from the ~27 yard line. A FG might of not been enough even if we did get one, no idea how it turns out. So, your asking me to admit a variable that no one can answer.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 10-16-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                      The team blew it, Fitz's INT near the end didn't mean we had assured points from the ~27 yard line.
                      what about when the ****** ran backwards and got sacked instead of throwing the ball away, in turn costing the Bills a field goal. Another way he cost the Bills the same.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

what about when the ****** ran backwards and got sacked instead of throwing the ball away, in turn costing the Bills a field goal. Another way he cost the Bills the same.
                        The Giants were probably the best D-line we played, Hairston got hurt & Fitz didn't have enough time to make all the choices he normally gets. There was also some type of communication problem near the end, Fitz was tapping his helmet as to that being the case.

The Giants D-line beat us & forced plays, Fitz was not untouchable today. Fitz is so far from ******, it's not even funny. Please re-think your logic.
                        Last edited by Skooby; 10-16-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

I'm just happy the Bills didn't sign Fitz to a disgusting new contract. the real fitzpatrick is coming back out to play. we will see how come he comes out and plays after the bye. if he continues this suck, then we will know the Bills do not have their franchise qb.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                            • Aug 2008

You calling Fitz a ****** is like a ****** calling a smart person a ******.
                            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• wmoz11
                              • Sep 2008

I just can't understand how people can be so fickle with Fitz. Or anything Bills-related, actually. People are drafting a first round QB today when two weeks ago they were hoping we could afford to get Fitz re-signed. Let the season play out, for ****s sake.

Comment

Working...
                              X