PDA

View Full Version : Gailey Pissed at the two INTs

ghz in pittsburgh
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Steve-Johnson-Postgame-Press-Conference/c908ae7a-bf44-42fc-a2f3-1b049ff02782#?id=c7275312-d911-4407-adf1-f8e299d3fd41

"We didn't hit those two plays". He said that a number of times. Very terse. You have to know who he point the finger to.

Reality is reality. I will say as long as Fitz is our starting QB, you cannot complain that we command respect and be favored all the time.

I gave Fitz credit that this year he has minimized his mistakes. But sooner or later, teams are going to explore you weakness and consistent long ball accuracy is his issue. Unfortunately I don't see him getting over that hurdle, something Brady was managed to do - Fitz is in his 7th year in the league now.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
with the 15th pick of the 2012 Nfl draft the buffalo bills select.....Insert Quarterback here.

Ed
10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't think the Giants exploited anything, he just made a couple bad throws. We've seen him hit deeper throws then those down the sideline multiple times this year. I'm still pissed that they even tried that play on the second one. With 4 minutes left in the game and a 1st down, why even go endzone on that play?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
with the 15th pick of the 2012 Nfl draft the buffalo bills select.....Insert Quarterback here.

If they see a Roethlisberger/Flaco type of guy sitting there, they would. But most likely, they want to get a starter out of the first round - there are O-Line, TE, multiple D-line positions they can upgrade yet.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Stop trying to point fingers, it was a team loss.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-16-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't think the Giants exploited anything, he just made a couple bad throws. We've seen him hit deeper throws then those down the sideline multiple times this year. I'm still pissed that they even tried that play on the second one. With 4 minutes left in the game and a 1st down, why even go endzone on that play?

4 minutes is a lot of time. Stevie beat Webster clean from the get go. In a one-on-one situation there, any NFL QB worth the salt needs to go there. Even Fitz admitted that he would hit Stevie 10 out of 10 on those plays.

It's not a problem of hooking up with Stevie 10 out of 10; rather, it is 10 out of 10 hitting Stevie on strides and on the outside shoulder when the corner has inside coverage. I think someone pointed out last week and you can see Fitz's completion thoughout the season: he's very good at getting the ball to receivers with inside release (even today Roosevelt TD and Nelson's big catch prior to the INT), and he's OK on those flank outside throws, but he's just not good (arm strength wise) at getting ball to the outside downfield.

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Gailey can be that way because he's confident in Fitz. If he wasn't, he'd baby him in the media.

Listen, everyone that expects Fitz to be some world-beater is setting their expectations far too high. We know what Fitz is: a top-10-15 QB that gets it done by using his intelligence and guts, not his physical talents.

jimbohastle51
10-16-2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Steve-Johnson-Postgame-Press-Conference/c908ae7a-bf44-42fc-a2f3-1b049ff02782#?id=c7275312-d911-4407-adf1-f8e299d3fd41

"We didn't hit those two plays". He said that a number of times. Very terse. You have to know who he point the finger to.

Reality is reality. I will say as long as Fitz is our starting QB, you cannot complain that we command respect and be favored all the time.

I gave Fitz credit that this year he has minimized his mistakes. But sooner or later, teams are going to explore you weakness and consistent long ball accuracy is his issue. Unfortunately I don't see him getting over that hurdle, something Brady was managed to do - Fitz is in his 7th year in the league now.

i touched on this in another post... he is at 12 TD's and 6 INT's... he is not getting better, he is getting worse. if this 2 weeks of practice doesnt get it fixed we are in trouble. those 2 picks were unacceptable, they were not even in the vicinity of close.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 08:41 PM

nope, fitz blew it. why is it so hard for you to admit that?

Skooby
10-16-2011, 08:45 PM
nope, fitz blew it. why is it so hard for you to admit that?

The team blew it, Fitz's INT near the end didn't mean we had assured points from the ~27 yard line. A FG might of not been enough even if we did get one, no idea how it turns out. So, your asking me to admit a variable that no one can answer.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 08:46 PM
The team blew it, Fitz's INT near the end didn't mean we had assured points from the ~27 yard line.

what about when the ****** ran backwards and got sacked instead of throwing the ball away, in turn costing the Bills a field goal. Another way he cost the Bills the same.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 08:50 PM
what about when the ****** ran backwards and got sacked instead of throwing the ball away, in turn costing the Bills a field goal. Another way he cost the Bills the same.

The Giants were probably the best D-line we played, Hairston got hurt & Fitz didn't have enough time to make all the choices he normally gets. There was also some type of communication problem near the end, Fitz was tapping his helmet as to that being the case.

The Giants D-line beat us & forced plays, Fitz was not untouchable today. Fitz is so far from ******, it's not even funny. Please re-think your logic.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm just happy the Bills didn't sign Fitz to a disgusting new contract. the real fitzpatrick is coming back out to play. we will see how come he comes out and plays after the bye. if he continues this suck, then we will know the Bills do not have their franchise qb.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 08:53 PM
You calling Fitz a ****** is like a ****** calling a smart person a ******.

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I just can't understand how people can be so fickle with Fitz. Or anything Bills-related, actually. People are drafting a first round QB today when two weeks ago they were hoping we could afford to get Fitz re-signed. Let the season play out, for ****s sake.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 08:56 PM
You calling Fitz a ****** is like a ****** calling a smart person a ******.

All you do is smoke weed....who's the ******?

kingJofNYC
10-16-2011, 08:56 PM

To score 7 points, because this defense is dog ****.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 08:57 PM
All you do is smoke weed....who's the ******?

Probably you for thinking you know "All I do."

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Probably you for thinking you know "All I do."

It was obvious your life revolves around pot when you were so defensive in that marijuana thread in the twilight zone. pathetic.

imbondz
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
This place is torture today.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 08:59 PM
It was obvious your life revolves around pot when you were so defensive in that marijuana thread in the twilight zone. pathetic.
If you want to jump to that conclusion then I will stick to mine.

It's obvious you are a ****** by your posts in this thread.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Fitzpatrick played like **** and looked like a ****** at times. anyone that can't admit that is high on marijuana.

RoscoeMagic
10-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Fitzpatrick played like **** and looked like a ****** at times. anyone that can't admit that is high on marijuana.

I just find it funny that you're calling a Harvard graduate a ******.

If you want to talk down on his physical tools, fine. But if there's one thing Fitzpatrick isn't it's stupid.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Gailey is a tool for not running the ball with 4 minutes left on the Giant 25. If he wants to blame anyone for taking his team out of position to win, he should look in the mirror because he's mainly at fault.

Skooby
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM

Man, you'd think we're 2-4 & losing by dozens of points the way people are harping on a few mistakes.

Folks, our 2 losses were 3 point losses. Do you see a difference from last seasons slaughterings we took ?? We look way better this year than last, use that as a marker instead of complaining about a few mistakes.

We're getting better & lost on the road twice to 2 good teams, not a bad way to roll. Cincy / NYG are both 4-2, let's all keep that in mind before we kill ourselves for not beating them.

psubills62
10-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Honestly, it sucks that Fitz threw those two INT's. However, I'm not terribly concerned about it long-term.

I'm happy that they actually took shots downfield and that they were both open if Fitz made the right throw. I would have also liked to see Stevie make better plays on the ball, at least knocking it away from the DB.

I know for a fact I've seen Fitzpatrick make those throws and I've seen him overthrow those kinds of passes as well. He just couldn't hit them this time. They've got a bye week to remedy the situation and get healthy. Let's see what they do to Washington coming out of the bye.

wmoz11
10-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Gailey is a tool for not running the ball with 4 minutes left on the Giant 25. If he wants to blame anyone for taking his team out of position to win, he should look in the mirror because he's mainly at fault.

Too much time to milk the clock. Next thing you know, we Jauron ourselves out of field goal range either with a holding call, fumble, etc. He made the right call to go for the jugular.

Breath of fresh air. Win by it and lose by it. Still had a chance to stop the Giants. It's not like we were losing at the time.

jimbohastle51
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM

it was a team loss... the defense cannot give up over 400 yards of offense if they are not forcing turnovers. the year the Saints won the SB greg williams D gave a TON of yards up, but they forced a TON of turnovers. its a double edged sword. but we have to get CONSISTENT pressure on the QB. kyle williams and merriman were missed today. i firmly believe that if williams was in the middle because he would draw double teams, moats would have at least 1-2 sacks on 3rd down rushes today. there were 2 times he visibly got within a half a second of a sack.
that being said, Fitz has been making too many bad throws the past few weeks. running a "spread" offense is supposed to have 3-4 short routes, slants, outs, crossing patterns but there is always, ALWAYS a deep receiver to stretch the DB's in the play. when that man is open Fitz has to make the play. when stevie is on a go route 1-1 in man coverage there is no excuse for Fitz to not put the ball in a place were stevie at least has a chance to make a play on the ball. he threw 2 HORRIBLE balls one which definitely cost the team a TD. against Cincy, even Fitz completed passes were terribly inaccurate. Fitz needs to work on his throws as his INT's, incompletions, and bad passes are climbing our offense is slowing down. YES, Fitz is the reason for this. Again take away freds big first half run and he really was shut down today. if Fitz doesnt step it up they will stack the box and let fitz throw 5 yard passes all day knowing that they will pick a couple a game off and stack the box and stop fred. it is on Fitz to get it right! this team right now is built to score points, the defense is a work in progress, they were last in the league in stopping the run last year folks. we are not going to win 10-9 games with this team. we are built to hold not stop teams and score points. maybe after another draft we will stop teams but right now we are built to take chances and force turnovers and score points. it is more on fitz that the D in this one. he had the ball a timeout and 1:35 to score and he didnt.

THATHURMANATOR
10-16-2011, 09:34 PM

How where those two plays exploiting Fitz's weaknesses? Seems like such a cliche to say something like that... He under threw two balls and the corner made 2 nice interceptions. Other than that he was very good. How was he exploited? Please explain....

Skooby
10-16-2011, 09:38 PM
it was a team loss... the defense cannot give up over 400 yards of offense if they are not forcing turnovers. the year the Saints won the SB greg williams D gave a TON of yards up, but they forced a TON of turnovers. its a double edged sword. but we have to get CONSISTENT pressure on the QB. kyle williams and merriman were missed today. i firmly believe that if williams was in the middle because he would draw double teams, moats would have at least 1-2 sacks on 3rd down rushes today. there were 2 times he visibly got within a half a second of a sack.
that being said, Fitz has been making too many bad throws the past few weeks. running a "spread" offense is supposed to have 3-4 short routes, slants, outs, crossing patterns but there is always, ALWAYS a deep receiver to stretch the DB's in the play. when that man is open Fitz has to make the play. when stevie is on a go route 1-1 in man coverage there is no excuse for Fitz to not put the ball in a place were stevie at least has a chance to make a play on the ball. he threw 2 HORRIBLE balls one which definitely cost the team a TD. against Cincy, even Fitz completed passes were terribly inaccurate. Fitz needs to work on his throws as his INT's, incompletions, and bad passes are climbing our offense is slowing down. YES, Fitz is the reason for this. Again take away freds big first half run and he really was shut down today. if Fitz doesnt step it up they will stack the box and let fitz throw 5 yard passes all day knowing that they will pick a couple a game off and stack the box and stop fred. it is on Fitz to get it right! this team right now is built to score points, the defense is a work in progress, they were last in the league in stopping the run last year folks. we are not going to win 10-9 games with this team. we are built to hold not stop teams and score points. maybe after another draft we will stop teams but right now we are built to take chances and force turnovers and score points. it is more on fitz that the D in this one. he had the ball a timeout and 1:35 to score and he didnt.

Your logic is quite skewed here because of your hyper-critical critique of Fitz. Fitz made plays happen under much more pressure, our O-line was challenged today & helped with the loss.

Luisito23
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
they want to get a starter out of the first round

They got a funny way of showing it.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2011, 11:50 PM
How where those two plays exploiting Fitz's weaknesses? Seems like such a cliche to say something like that... He under threw two balls and the corner made 2 nice interceptions. Other than that he was very good. How was he exploited? Please explain....
He was very good other than that? Yeah, OK.

Just ****s and giggles, i will give you once instance on Fitz sucktitude. Fitz has nelson wide open and going towards the middle. Fitz made such a bad pass that nelson had to turn the opposite direction and go back for the ball. thankfully nelson is a pretty good receiver and caught the ball but this was just one of the times fitz wasn't good today. There were many more and some good plays too but the good doesn't out weigh the bad in this game.

Michael82
10-17-2011, 12:56 AM

Just ****s and giggles, i will give you once instance on Fitz sucktitude. Fitz has nelson wide open and going towards the middle. Fitz made such a bad pass that nelson had to turn the opposite direction and go back for the ball. thankfully nelson is a pretty good receiver and caught the ball but this was just one of the times fitz wasn't good today. There were many more and some good plays too but the good doesn't out weigh the bad in this game.
Don't forget about that horribly high pass that was nowhere near Naaman Roosevelt, even when he leaped in the air.

Billz_fan
10-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Fitz may not have played well today but he is a big reason the Bills have won 4 games and have had a chance to win all there games really. No one expected to be in this position today and he is a big part of why they are.

To take it a step further he is the best thing we have had at QB in years. The rest of this team isn't exactly star studded either. We have a group of guys here who have gotten together as a team this year and gelled to a degree.It's been refreshing so far that we are not already talking about this coming off season and we are toying with the idea of playoffs on and off.

It's the best season we fans have have since what Bledsoe's first or 2nd year ?

I feel the same way when we lose that everyone else does. Then I think about just last year at this time and 0-6 after this many games and I feel better :laughter:

Spiderweb
10-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Nope, Gailey made a call for a play where Stevie had single coverage had his man beat and Fitz made a horrible throw. Jeez, the Bills were inside the Giants 30 so it's not like Fitz was asked to throw it 50 yards for crying out loud.

The long and short of it is Fitz got away with the first pick, mad horrible decisions and took sacks taking away a FG opportunity, and threw a second pick that was huge in determining the outcome when the bills were driving.

Yet, let's not forget the brutal performance today from Florence. He was brutal, as bad of CB play as I've seen in a long time....

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-17-2011, 05:44 AM
I really don't care for anyone who blames the play calling here. You have a shot, you take it. If Fitz throws that ball to the corner of the end zone and Johnson cathes it, it was a great call. C'mon, you haven't run good all day and you have one on one covereage. The defense just stopped them three and out. Shut up with the play calling crap.

Forward_Lateral
10-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Everyone is used to a chicken **** coaching attitude around here. If this was DJ still coaching, they would've run the ball 3 times to play it safe, and missed the FG. Everyone would be fuming because he played it safe.

I like Gailey's go for the throat mentality. This team still doesn't have killer instinct, and is still learning how to win. You can't expect them to just win at will. You also can't expect Fitz to make every single throw in every game. It's just not feasible. Sure he missed two huge throws, one of which probably cost the Bills a chance at a victory. BUT. He still completed 70 % of his passes, and played fairly well other than those two throws and one bad sack that he took. It happens.

kishoph
10-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Too much time to milk the clock. Next thing you know, we Jauron ourselves out of field goal range either with a holding call, fumble, etc. He made the right call to go for the jugular.

Breath of fresh air. Win by it and lose by it. Still had a chance to stop the Giants. It's not like we were losing at the time.

I couldn't agree with you more, I loved the play call, STEVIE was burning that CB all day and when he was lined up on him 1 on 1, I would definitely want to go to him. The Giants were doing a good job of stopping the run in the 2nd half and were probably in a Defense to do just that, thinking that the BILLS would run. If the BILLS would have settled for a FG on that drive and MANNING lead the Giants back down for a TD to win the game, the board would be full of people screaming that CHAN is too conservative and wanting to put up Billboards to get him out of town. The play call was the right call, it came down to execution, unfortunately FITZ fell short. The 1st INT was excusable, the 2nd one was just terrible, since FITZ made the exact mistake on the same play earlier. The team has won by being aggressive, I want them to stay that way. As far as FITZ goes, he had a bad game, it happens to the best of them. Many of the people that were clamoring for the BILLS to get him signed 3 weeks ago are now saying he sucks, fickle Bandwagon fans.

RedEyE
10-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Fitz had a bad game - true. Is he Peyton Manning? No - we are all well aware of that.

The two underthrown passes were good reads by Fitz, one on one on the outside, safety shaken off - he just under threw the passes plain and simple.

The sacks: 1) Pears - totally blown off the line. True Fitz could have gotten rid of the ball earlier on that paly but that play breaks down at the RT.

2) Fitz - has to throw that ball away. Plain and simple. You throw the ball away and more than likely come away with 3 points.

All of this and more pathetic plays on offense lead to the Bills seive defense being on the field entirely too long.

The way I see it, Fitz cost the team 3 points - arguably 6-10.

Florence and the putrid pass rush cost the team at least 14.

And finally we see the Bills do some blitzing and they got burned on it every single play as the Giants OL desimated the Bills D.

This is a team and the team lost. But we can pin point the problem areas and not all of them are immediately fixable:

1) Fitz can and has thrown better. Get that ball high and deep. He can do that.
2) Defense:
a) Bradshaw proved Kyle Williams is greatly missed.
b) Eli had entirely too much time to throw. This Bills D cannot blitz with the current talent. The blitzes were called and poorly executed. Moats did get to Eli once but it really wasn't enough to shake him up.
c) Florence's coverage gets 40% better when this D gets a better pass rush.

Despite the bruises and the shots in the foot, this team went into the Meadowlands and came up just a little shy. I did not expect to win this game which made the Eagles game at home that much more important. The Bills have two weeks to start preparing for some division foes. I'm confident Gailey can get this team winning again after the BYE.

Even with the great start, I don't expect this team to make the playoffs. getting past both the Jets and Patriots in this division will be tough. The Bills have some growing to do and are missing a couple of key players to jump to that next level.

So I will just enjoy this ride as it seems much differnt than years of yesterday. Anything better than my expectations is just bonus....and they've already exceeded them.

Pinkerton Security
10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm just happy the Bills didn't sign Fitz to a disgusting new contract. the real fitzpatrick is coming back out to play. we will see how come he comes out and plays after the bye. if he continues this suck, then we will know the Bills do not have their franchise qb.

maybe we've been a little spoiled by his stellar play early on, but lets not forget how badly our QB's have played for the last 10 years...Fitz is still playing at a level higher than anyone we've had for quite a while, and higher than your average NFL QB...

who does everyone think we're just gonna pick up that is so much better than Fitz right now? We're not gonna have THAT high of a high draft pick, so forget any top QBs. Yes he made a couple bad throws yesterday and may have cost us the game but he has also led quite a potent attack so far.

check out the post you made right here, and you're spot on, and are now simply over-reacting like pretty much everyone else:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=205745&page=2

Saratoga Slim
10-17-2011, 07:54 AM

Seriously. Anyone remember those crappy passes Brady threw against us? 4 Ints in one game. Good QBs have bad days too. Don't freak out over one game, on the road, against the best pas rush in the league.

Fitzy's good. He's never going to be in the Brady/Manning/Rodgers conversation, but that's OK. Eli won a super bowl, and I'll put Fitz in Eli's company. Eli had three picks on the road last week.

If Fitzpatrick is averaging two a game by season's end, that'll be another story. But for now, cut the guy a break. We're 4-2 heading into the bye.

THATHURMANATOR
10-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Wait Ok Fitz now sucks?

You guys are like a bunch of broads on their period. Changing your minds back and forth constantly.. I can't keep up...

Will he be great again if he goes over 300 VS the skins in 2 weeks.

Figster
10-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Fitz would probably be the 1st person to put the blame on himself and his mistakes cost Buffalo points on three seperate drives. Gailey likes to keep his foot on the gas pedal. So You can also lay some of the blame on his aggressive play calling in my opinion.

Just hand the football off to Fred Jackson when we are in scoring position, damn!!!

trapezeus
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM
to the people who say fitz doesn't or can't hit that pass to stevie, he hit stevie with that pass for a TD with tighter coverage vs the pats. So i just think it was a bad day for fitz. he seemed kind of slow all day. he got the team up to the line with like 5 seconds a lot. i'm chalking it up to a bad game.

The injuries are beginning to become a problem.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Seriously. Anyone remember those crappy passes Brady threw against us? 4 Ints in one game. Good QBs have bad days too. Don't freak out over one game, on the road, against the best pas rush in the league.

True. But I see it as more than just a bad day. If you look at the Cinci game, it is very similar in that the defense challenge Fitz to throw long accurate passes. Brady's INTS are unlucky bounces (two tipped balls) and two superb defensive plays. For Fitz, you may say it's unlucky because the CB really sucked to be beaten badly resulting in the right place for badly thrown balls.

Fitzy's good. He's never going to be in the Brady/Manning/Rodgers conversation, but that's OK. Eli won a super bowl, and I'll put Fitz in Eli's company. Eli had three picks on the road last week.

I agree. But if you give a choice between Eli and Fitz, I have to take Eli as that guy is much more accurate than Fitz. I can't help to notice that it seems all of our opposing QBs except week one zipped balls with ease and accuracy compared to Fitz.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-17-2011, 08:42 AM
to the people who say fitz doesn't or can't hit that pass to stevie, he hit stevie with that pass for a TD with tighter coverage vs the pats. So i just think it was a bad day for fitz. he seemed kind of slow all day. he got the team up to the line with like 5 seconds a lot. i'm chalking it up to a bad game.

That was a 6 yard kind of a pass to the out. Try that with a 30 yard one over the stretching arms of a defender. That's a world of defference.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
As long as we're on blame games, when you guys argue with a 16-year-old, who's to blame, you or the 16-year-old?

TrEd FTW
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
As long as we're on blame games, when you guys argue with a 16-year-old, who's to blame, you or the 16-year-old?
I agree. Everyone should just ignore that moron.

stuckincincy
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I just find it funny that you're calling a Harvard graduate a ******.

If you want to talk down on his physical tools, fine. But if there's one thing Fitzpatrick isn't it's stupid.

He's not.

However, unless things have changed, you get awarded at least a "B" in any course at Harvard, Stanford, etc. as long as you can respire...can't make a ripple in the huge endowment $, of course. :nervous:

Old saw: Within 10 minutes, a person will inform you if:

a) They are from Texas.

b) They attended Harvard.

c) They were at West Point (the "ring knockers").

http://gradeinflation.com/

:birds:

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Wait Ok Fitz now sucks?

You guys are like a bunch of broads on their period. Changing your minds back and forth constantly.. I can't keep up...

Will he be great again if he goes over 300 VS the skins in 2 weeks.

i never said fitz flat out sucks, he just sucked yesterday.

Figster
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM

Yes he did suck, Fitz went back to his old ways, fumbling and bumbling /INT's/taking a sack when the Bills are in FG range, for a Harvard guy, not very smart football.

3 more field goals is 9 points, use your head smart guy, geeeesh!!!

Bill Cody
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Sucked is a bit strong but the INT near the end was one of if not the key play of the game. He underthrew the ball. Personally I would have run the ball and made them use their timeouts. If you're going to throw it there it can't be a jump ball. Can't.

THATHURMANATOR
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Ok that I agree with.

Figster
10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Sucked is a bit strong but the INT near the end was one of if not the key play of the game. He underthrew the ball. Personally I would have run the ball and made them use their timeouts. If you're going to throw it there it can't be a jump ball. Can't.

I'm thinking the same thing Sell, run the football with FJ, chances are we are going to move the football sucessfully, and part of the blame falls on Chan Gailey

methos4ever
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Knowing the command Fitz has of the offense, who's to say he didn't check (like he's done in the past in the same situation) to Stevie in man instead of a called run?

Cleve
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM

Yep, Bills definitely need to hunt for an elite quarterback. You can only go so far with a back-up at the helm.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Fitz is way smarter a QB than people who call him a "backup" are fans.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Fitz is way smarter a QB than people who call him a "backup" are fans.

He can be the smartest qb in the history of the nfl but he doesn't have the physical tools to bring this team to an elite level.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm thinking the same thing Sell, run the football with FJ, chances are we are going to move the football sucessfully, and part of the blame falls on Chan Gailey

Man did you guys watch football at all? The biggest adjustment the Giants did at half time is bringing safeties up - stopping runs and short passes. Heck the Bills had issues converting 2nd and 3rd short with Jackson AND Brad Smith for the first time this season. The Bills had success with screens and passes outside all 2nd half. Essentially the Giants said enough with Jackson running between the tackles and slants over the middle; we'll take our chances outside and rush you off the edges.

I gave Chan and Fitz credit for seeing that and attack them accordingly - they are smarter than most of us. I'm glad Fitz didn't seem to hesitant to put the ball up for that one. If as a QB the thought comes across your mind that you cannot make that throw even though your receiver is beating his man badly, you don't belong in NFL. That's what I mean teams are going to explore your weakness.

Fitz can complete that pass, just not consistently. That's a weakness I don't think he'll overcome easily because of its physical nature. We can hope for a Calvin Johnson who can win the battle consistently even if he's underthrown, or we have to look for a better QB who puts the ball where it should be consistently.

Bill Cody
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Man did you guys watch football at all? The biggest adjustment the Giants did at half time is bringing safeties up - stopping runs and short passes. Heck the Bills had issues converting 2nd and 3rd short with Jackson AND Brad Smith for the first time this season. The Bills had success with screens and passes outside all 2nd half. Essentially the Giants said enough with Jackson running between the tackles and slants over the middle; we'll take our chances outside and rush you off the edges.

I gave Chan and Fitz credit for seeing that and attack them accordingly - they are smarter than most of us. I'm glad Fitz didn't seem to hesitant to put the ball up for that one. If as a QB the thought comes across your mind that you cannot make that throw even though your receiver is beating his man badly, you don't belong in NFL. That's what I mean teams are going to explore your weakness.

Fitz can complete that pass, just not consistently. That's a weakness I don't think he'll overcome easily because of its physical nature. We can hope for a Calvin Johnson who can win the battle consistently even if he's underthrown, or we have to look for a better QB who puts the ball where it should be consistently.

If you admit he can't complete that pass consistently why are you calling it? We're already in field goal range. Worst case we give them the ball with like 2 minutes and no TO's and they need a FG to tie. It was an unnecessary risk.

Bill Cody
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM
He can be the smartest qb in the history of the nfl but he doesn't have the physical tools to bring this team to an elite level.

Even smart people can make bad decisions. To me, letting that ball go wasn't smart unless the receiver is wide open. It remains to be seen how far Fitz can take this team. He's already surpassed what I thought he could do.

It's a pretty thin line for QB's. Too aggressive and you give games away, too conservative and you can't score. I like that Fitz is aggressive. But there's a time to be conservative too and QB's need to learn that. That's what Tony Romo's problem is, he has trouble getting that through his skull. But I hope Gailey learns from what I feel was a bad play call also.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Even smart people can make bad decisions. To me, letting that ball go wasn't smart unless the receiver is wide open.

Is this Trent Edwards talking here?

If you are referring to the 2nd INT play specifically, you may be deceived by television cuts. Stevie beat Webster from the get-go. Then he had to slow down after he saw the ball in the air, which allowed Webster to catch up. Even then, Stevie had to reach backwards for the ball which hit Webster in strides.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM
If you admit he can't complete that pass consistently why are you calling it? We're already in field goal range. Worst case we give them the ball with like 2 minutes and no TO's and they need a FG to tie. It was an unnecessary risk.

The risk of the Giants coming back is at worst the same as the risk of an interception.

HAMMER
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM

Oh the irony of you calling a Harvard grad a ******, priceless.

HAMMER
10-17-2011, 01:29 PM
The guy had a couple balls underthrown by 3 feet and now he sucks and can't get it done anymore? I wonder what the Pats boards looked like Monday after we picked him 4 times? Do you think his fans turned on him as much as some here have sold Fitzy out? I sure wouldn't want some of you for friends when the going got tough.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
ryan fitzpatrick is no tom brady. even trying to bring that up in some type of comparison is ******ed.

trapezeus
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM

that's the thinking that had the bills lose some many games under jauron. it's what led to the cowboys losing to the patriots.

i think we have to happy when we are going for the win playing our game but failing occassionally. if it happens all the time, yes then it's stupid. but for the most part, it was a call to win the game. I'm going to support it though it didn't work out. bills were driving up to that point because they ran and threw well. nelson's catch was awesome. momemtum was on the Bills side.

Mr. Pink
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
The risk of the Giants coming back is at worst the same as the risk of an interception.

2 minutes with 3 TOs to get a FG is much easier to accomplish than 4 minutes with 3 TOs to get a TD.

It's playing percentages.

Gailey made the wrong call.

Figster
10-17-2011, 03:44 PM

What does that have to do with sure points/ already being in Field goal range. You can run the football, even when the opposing defense predicts a run and defends against it, happens all the time. Running the ball rests the defense, eats up the clock, and helps win football games.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize you need to be a little more carefull in the redzone, and more careful in general in a tight ball game. Once should have been enough, Fitz tried to make the same type of throw twice which was not the most intelligent thing to do in my opinion.

Fitz does not, nor will he ever have the accuracy/arm strength needed to fit balls into tight windows consistently. Fitzpatrick needs to stay/play within his limitations and stop making the same mistakes, or we need to find another signal caller in my opinion.

psubills62
10-17-2011, 03:47 PM
2 minutes with 3 TOs to get a FG is much easier to accomplish than 4 minutes with 3 TOs to get a TD.

:huh:

So...if getting the FG is easier to accomplish than getting the TD...why did Gailey make the wrong call again? I agree with that statement, but don't see what Gailey made the wrong call, as a TD pass to Stevie would mean Giants need a TD with 4 minutes to go and 2 timeouts + 2:00 warning.

methos4ever
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM

You say he made the wrong call, yet we gloss over the fact Stevie was Wide Open and Fitz made the bad throw. That catch gets made it's a TD OR Stevie's tackled in an "and-goal" situation. What's the bad thing about that, while also still able to burn clock?

Mr. Pink
10-17-2011, 04:14 PM
:huh:

So...if getting the FG is easier to accomplish than getting the TD...why did Gailey make the wrong call again? I agree with that statement, but don't see what Gailey made the wrong call, as a TD pass to Stevie would mean Giants need a TD with 4 minutes to go and 2 timeouts + 2:00 warning.

It's easier to get a TD with 4 minutes left, than a FG with 2.

You pick up 1 first down and then the Giants have about 1:35 and no TOs to get a FG to tie. Pick up a second first down and then, like the NE game, we're kicking the game winning field goal with 4 seconds left.

It's called situational football something this coaching staff and apparently posters forgot all about yesterday.

I can't say they don't understand ever because against New England you saw the perfect example of situational football.

I see NO ONE was upset with the choice of taking knees to kick the game winning field goal instead of just going for 7 right away. Now this week people completely forget the best way to put yourself into position to win and just want to go for the TD right away. Makes no sense.

Figster
10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
You say he made the wrong call, yet we gloss over the fact Stevie was Wide Open and Fitz made the bad throw. That catch gets made it's a TD OR Stevie's tackled in an "and-goal" situation. What's the bad thing about that, while also still able to burn clock?

Like Fun Ya said, why even call a lower percentage pass play to begin with when a more conservative approach would have probably won the football game. This is not the 1st time we have lost a football game partly to do with overly aggressive play calling.

Fitz took a sack on another drive that cost us a field goal and If we had just ran the football it never would have happened.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM

You pick up 1 first down and then the Giants have about 1:35 and no TOs to get a FG to tie. Pick up a second first down and then, like the NE game, we're kicking the game winning field goal with 4 seconds left.

It's called situational football something this coaching staff and apparently posters forgot all about yesterday.

I can't say they don't understand ever because against New England you saw the perfect example of situational football.

I see NO ONE was upset with the choice of taking knees to kick the game winning field goal instead of just going for 7 right away. Now this week people completely forget the best way to put yourself into position to win and just want to go for the TD right away. Makes no sense.

Like I said somewhere, the Pats situation pretty much guaranteed victory (and it did guarantee it after Haynesworth's penalty). The Pats game is irrelevant. Totally different situation.

You can't call a play based on getting two subsequent first downs in just the right timing. That's ridiculous. What are the chances with 4:10 left that the Bills could have run out the clock? WAY too soon to think you can plan out the rest of the game as if it's a movie script. Too many variables. At that point, if you have a shot to score a touchdown, you take it. And that's assuming you're correct in that a TD in 4 is easier, which is certainly no given.

And are you saying you misspoke when you said the FG was easier?

Figster
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Like I said somewhere, the Pats situation pretty much guaranteed victory (and it did guarantee it after Haynesworth's penalty). The Pats game is irrelevant. Totally different situation.

You can't call a play based on getting two subsequent first downs in just the right timing. That's ridiculous. What are the chances with 4:10 left that the Bills could have run out the clock? WAY too soon to think you can plan out the rest of the game as if it's a movie script. Too many variables. At that point, if you have a shot to score a touchdown, you take it. And that's assuming you're correct in that a TD in 4 is easier, which is certainly no given.

Good lord man, the Brady's and Mannings of this league make a living off of going down the field and scoring the winning TD in the last minute of a football game.

Solution, keep them off the field in the last minutes, run all the time off the clock and score last.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Good lord man, the Brady's and Mannings of this league make a living off of going down the field and scoring the winning TD in the last minute of a football game.

Solution, keep them off the field in the last minutes, run all the time off the clock and score last.

Wrong Manning, and didn't see any Bradys on the field yesterday.

Figster
10-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Wrong Manning, and didn't see any Bradys on the field yesterday.

Well believe it or not, any QB can do a good Tom Brady imitation, even a rookie QB like Andy Dalton

Philagape
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Well believe it or not, any QB can do a good Tom Brady imitation, even a rookie QB like Andy Dalton

Doesn't mean you have to be scared of them. You don't call plays for them.

Especially not with 4:10 left. If you decide at 4:10 that your primary objective is not to score a TD, but to run the clock, then you better guarantee you can make enough first downs to keep the ball for that long. Because if you don't go for a TD and kick a FG with time left on the clock, making the other team not even have to reach the red zone, where your D is strongest, then it looks like you're a Trent Edwards/Dick Jauron coward who plays for overtime. Bills fans should know better! Haven't we seen enough of that??
Running the clock is playing not to lose. It's gutlessness masquerading as intelligence. It's stupid. Make the Giants play for overtime by scoring a TD.

psubills62
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM
You said it the other way around in what I quoted. And I would disagree. I think the FG with 2 minutes left would be a LOT easier to get for the Giants. As evidenced by their last scoring drive, actually.

With the way our running game was going, what on earth makes you think running the ball would get us even one first down?

No way we should go into a cocoon there and just try to run clock out. Gailey went for the score and we should have had it. I'd personally be MUCH more comfortable being up by a TD than by a FG. Giants have shown the ability to move the ball at will against us...and if they didn't move it, the refs moved it for them. They could have gotten in FG range in seconds.

Problem with the analogy to the NE game is that NE would be able to get the ball back with about 20-30 seconds on the clock (before the penalty). Giants would have gotten the ball back with plenty of time to get into range. Huge difference. I don't blame the play call at all.

Figster
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Doesn't mean you have to be scared of them. You don't call plays for them.

Especially not with 4:10 left. If you decide at 4:10 that your primary objective is not to score a TD, but to run the clock, then you better guarantee you can make enough first downs to keep the ball for that long. Because if you don't go for a TD and kick a FG with time left on the clock, making the other team not even have to reach the red zone, where your D is strongest, then it looks like you're a Trent Edwards/Dick Jauron coward who plays for overtime. Bills fans should know better! Haven't we seen enough of that??
Running the clock is playing not to lose. It's gutlessness masquerading as intelligence. It's stupid. Make the Giants play for overtime by scoring a TD.

Its nothing to do with being scared, its not making a mistake at a critical time and trying to hold onto the football long enough to run the clock down/ common sense.

I understand what Gailey is trying to accomplish and being unpredictable is a big part of why Chan Gailey is successful, but it doesn't men he couldn't stand to temper his aggressive nature, especially towards the end of a football game when situational football should come more into play, as FunTimes suggests. Bills have lost like 4 games over the last two seasons for not playing better situational football. Who gets blamed, the QB of course, but its partly the OC/ HC fault for putting his QB in a position to lose the Football game. Its why we have good RB's.

Most QB's in the NFL can run the two minute Offense, and run it well...

Philagape
10-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Its nothing to do with being scared, its not making a mistake at a critical time and trying to hold onto the football long enough to run the clock down/ common sense.

I understand what Gailey is trying to accomplish and being unpredictable is a big part of why Chan Gailey is successful, but it doesn't men he couldn't stand to temper his aggressive nature, especially towards the end of a football game when situational football should come more into play, as FunTimes suggests.

Most QB's in the NFL can run the two minute Offense, and run it well...

And they can run it a lot better when they only have to get in FG range.

The only way killing the clock makes any sense if you can guarantee you can keep it the rest of the way. Meaning, two first downs.
What if say, Jackson took a run and broke free. Should he fall on it around the 15? After all, if he gets even in goal-to-goal territory, it's too fast and the Giants will get the ball back.
Do you grasp all the variables here and how they make "situational football" at that distance and time sheer absurdity? Something people talk about to look smart but who really aren't?

Figster
10-17-2011, 07:02 PM
And they can run it a lot better when they only have to get in FG range.

The only way killing the clock makes any sense if you can guarantee you can keep it the rest of the way. Meaning, two first downs.
What if say, Jackson took a run and broke free. Should he fall on it around the 15? After all, if he gets even in goal-to-goal territory, it's too fast and the Giants will get the ball back.
Do you grasp all the variables here and how they make "situational football" at that distance and time sheer absurdity? Something people talk about to look smart but who really aren't?

Awww come on man, so now were playing who's the dummy,

Didn't say that at all , Jackson can score for all I care, but theres a hell of a lot less chance of turning the football over when you hand the ball off and you stand a much better chance running the clock down vs throwing incomplete passes/sacks that take you out of FG range.

Its really not that hard to understand...

Mr. Pink
10-17-2011, 07:19 PM

I must have come across the wrong way with how I put it. It is simply easier to score a TD with all your timeouts left with 4 minutes to play than to score a FG with all your timeouts left with 2 minutes to play. Especially when our defense is swiss cheese.

We didn't play the situation out correctly. The position on the field should have dictated running the football 3 times or coming out on 3rd down throwing for it if you're not in a 3rd and short situation.

One first down in that situation basically means you're then forcing the opposition to start calling timeouts.

The proper play in that situation is to leave as little time possible and as little timeouts possible or none if applicable for the opponent to have a chance at winning/taking the game to OT.

Sure Fitz failed on execution but I'm gonna guarantee no one would have thought that was the game winning TD pass if he executed properly. Like anyone who's a fan of this team has faith in the defense? We would have gone into basically the prevent and watched the Giants have the ball passed midfield at the 2 minute warning.

Mr. Pink
10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
[/B]

Awww come on man, so now were playing who's the dummy,

Didn't say that at all , Jackson can score for all I care, but theres a hell of a lot less chance of turning the football over when you hand the ball off and you stand a much better chance running the clock down vs throwing incomplete passes/sacks that take you out of FG range.

Its really not that hard to understand...

You nailed the basic point, more bad things can happen in that situation when you decide to throw the football. We had the worst possible outcome in the situation when we did decide to throw the football.

TigerJ
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Those two inteceptions are one of the reasons my expectations of the Bills this season are were somewhat modest even after the 4-1 start. Fitzpatrick will throw passes that are on the money for much of a game then for inexplicable reasons he'll be off target in some critical situations. I think the situation is exacerbated by the fact that Buffalo doesn't have a great deal of speed at WR at the moment aside from when Spliller lines up outside. Steve Johnson has some elusiveness, but his straight line speed is only average. If you've got a burner, as soon as the DB bites on a move your fast receiver can put a few yards of space between himself and the DB, giving the QB a bigger window, and reducing the risk of interception on deep passes. Since Steve Johnson can't do that, the pass has to be on the money to both give Johnson a chance to catch it and keep it out of the DB's hands.

I'm not really complaining about Fitz. He's actually done better than I expected, but this has been my concern since last season. If Buffalo does happen to pick a QB early in the next draft, it will be the accuracy issue with Fitzpatrick that motivates them.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Fitzpatrick really sucked.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Oh the irony of you calling a Harvard grad a ******, priceless.

this post is a ******.

jimbohastle51
10-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Your logic is quite skewed here because of your hyper-critical critique of Fitz. Fitz made plays happen under much more pressure, our O-line was challenged today & helped with the loss.

our Offensive line played quite well, actually if you watch some tape from the game, especially the plays were Fitz was legitimately rushed you would see that at times Fitz held the ball too long but you would also be VERY surprised at how well both players who stepped in at LT played against top pass rushing talent. also Rienhart had a couple really nice plays when he came in at G and was barely moved. Fitz has a lot of work too do over the next 2 weeks. hopefully he can correct some tendencies and get better. my critical critique of him will continue until he proves otherwise. and there is ZERO exuse for his last 4 INT's... watch all 4 of them on tape and tell me otherwise. they are ALL horrible throws from an NFL starting QB.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Why was he even throwing from his back foot? He had room to step into the throw. So annoying watching it for the second time.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2011, 12:27 AM
"Fitzpatrick's accuracy, or lack there of against the Giants was one of the big reasons they lost" - Merril Hodge - ESPN

jimbohastle51
10-18-2011, 12:26 PM
"Fitzpatrick's accuracy, or lack there of against the Giants was one of the big reasons they lost" - Merril Hodge - ESPN

BOOM! you cannot go 16 games without accurately throwing a ball more than 10 yards down field. it is correctable but Fitz has to get this under control immediately! thankfully he has to weeks to loosen up and get it right.

better days
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
BOOM! you cannot go 16 games without accurately throwing a ball more than 10 yards down field. it is correctable but Fitz has to get this under control immediately! thankfully he has to weeks to loosen up and get it right.

Unfortunately with the new rules under the new CBA, he really does not get that extra time. The players now get 4 days in a row off during the bye week. Mandatory.

Skooby
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM
our Offensive line played quite well, actually if you watch some tape from the game, especially the plays were Fitz was legitimately rushed you would see that at times Fitz held the ball too long but you would also be VERY surprised at how well both players who stepped in at LT played against top pass rushing talent. also Rienhart had a couple really nice plays when he came in at G and was barely moved. Fitz has a lot of work too do over the next 2 weeks. hopefully he can correct some tendencies and get better. my critical critique of him will continue until he proves otherwise. and there is ZERO exuse for his last 4 INT's... watch all 4 of them on tape and tell me otherwise. they are ALL horrible throws from an NFL starting QB.

Fitz had more hurries / pressures / sacks in one game then he did all season combined, watch every game & then come back to the Giants game.

Philagape
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
The Bills' swiss-cheese D is exactly the reason the top priority should have been to score a touchdown. When you have a good opportunity to do that -- like a 20-yard pass to your best receiver who has a step on a single defender -- you take it.
If you're too scared to try that throw, well gosh, just switch to a double-wing offense and run the option all day.

stuckincincy
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately with the new rules under the new CBA, he really does not get that extra time. The players now get 4 days in a row off during the bye week. Mandatory.

Why isn't Obama railing against these privileged millionaires on his campaign bus tour!

:laughing:

better days
10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Why isn't Obama railing against these privileged millionaires on his campaign bus tour!

:laughing:

Well, Jon Gruden was during the Fins/Jets game. He said "I would pay the fine & make them practice."

stuckincincy
10-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Well, Jon Gruden was during the Fins/Jets game. He said "I would pay the fine & make them practice."

Chucky's comments are great. His TB press conferences were classic.

Speaking of TB...then-HC John McKay in response to question about the team's execution after an especially memorable loss:

"I'm in favor of their execution."

Mr. Pink
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
The Bills' swiss-cheese D is exactly the reason the top priority should have been to score a touchdown. When you have a good opportunity to do that -- like a 20-yard pass to your best receiver who has a step on a single defender -- you take it.
If you're too scared to try that throw, well gosh, just switch to a double-wing offense and run the option all day.

The Bills swiss cheese D is exactly the reason the top priority should have been to run as much clock as possible.

Cleve
10-18-2011, 05:04 PM
The more prudent strategy, since the more time the Bills could strip off the clock before the field goal attempt the better, would have been to ground and pound with your dynamite ground attack (Freddy Jackson and CJ Spiller) for the first down or two, take a couple minutes off the clock, and then try and pass on 3rd down. Unless of course, we made 1st down - then even more time and time outs can be stripped off.

That last pass and crucial interception kind of reminded me of a few Fitzpatrick fails in OT last year - where we only needed to get 8-10 yards to get into field goal range and likely win the game, but instead of going to the successful ground attack the Bills kept passing, passing passing, and we know how that ended up.

If Fitzpatrick is as schooled and intelligent as they say, he MUST know that 3 points is as good as 7 in OT - so why keep passing and failing? Those were my questions from last season - questions that are now revived in my mind after seeing his regulation fail on Sunday.

Sal and Leo from the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle point out the issues with Fitzpatrick very nicely here

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111018/SPORTS03/110180322/Bills-Replay-Sizing-up-team-bye-week?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Leo: I guess that's the standard for Buffalo — "They could do a lot worse." How about "They could a lot better?" I still find it hard to believe they didn't draft one of the many terrific college QB prospects available over the last two drafts to groom behind Fitzpatrick. Is he better than J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards? Yes. The next Jim Kelly? Hardly.

Fitzpatrick is DEFINITELY the we "could do a lot worse" QB. He was a long-time journeyman ham & egger type of backup QB who'd banged around the NFL for a few years, and who fell into a starting position not because he was wanted or good, but because every other option was worse and we have a cheapskate, aged, geriatric owner who is loathe to spend the necessary coin to build a championship team because it's taking something away apparently from his precious daughters.

Philagape
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
That last pass and crucial interception kind of reminded me of a few Fitzpatrick fails in OT last year - where we only needed to get 8-10 yards to get into field goal range and likely win the game, but instead of going to the successful ground attack the Bills kept passing, passing passing, and we know how that ended up.

Yeah, Stevie dropped it

HAMMER
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, Stevie dropped it

That's the point, there are more possible negative outcomes when you drop back to pass. Sack takes you out of FG range, dropped pass doesn't take time off the clock, interception comes into play.

You have a RB that has great success with ball security and the chance to burn the clock. Stop getting cute and run the damn ball when you are in FG range with the game on the line.

jimbohastle51
10-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Fitz had more hurries / pressures / sacks in one game then he did all season combined, watch every game & then come back to the Giants game.

this is not an excuse for bad throws. and sir, the 2 INT throws he was not hurried, pressured, or sacked during. also if you look at his sacks they were all when he held he ball too long. i agree he had more pressure. as i stated they are a very good pass rushing team. the line played extremely well though. hairiston at LT was above average for playing against that rush as his first real action, and even levitre was awesome at LT given his limited time there. his versatility is so impressive to me. this isnt on the line my friend. this is on Fitz. even Gailey and Fitz himself was commenting on those throws.

jimbohastle51
10-20-2011, 12:05 AM

well hopefully he and a couple receivers get together on those 4 days off :pray:

Figster
10-20-2011, 06:36 AM
That's the point, there are more possible negative outcomes when you drop back to pass. Sack takes you out of FG range, dropped pass doesn't take time off the clock, interception comes into play.

You have a RB that has great success with ball security and the chance to burn the clock. Stop getting cute and run the damn ball when you are in FG range with the game on the line.

The problem I have Hammer is Ryan Fitzpatrick seemed to be way more concerned about using proper mechanics on the throw vs. protecting the football from a play calling/ ball control standpoint.

Its not what I would expect from a Harvard Grad/most intelligent player in the NFL and If Fitzpatrick keeps up with the mistakes he will lose my support.