• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

I put the entire blame on the d. 100% of it

You score 24 points, you should win.

Instead, what happens is the d can't stop the Giants, putting pressure on the O to take more chances, which forces mistakes.

• mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: I put the entire blame on the d. 100% of it

Idk if 24 points wins you games against franchise qbs in todays passing NFL

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Eli Manning is not a franchise QB. Just because they pay him like one doesn't mean he is one.

Honestly, why do we need to talk about who is to blame? Every part of our team has something they need to work on. Why on earth do people search and search for one person or unit to blame?
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• dog14787
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bf1
        You score 24 points, you should win.

Instead, what happens is the d can't stop the Giants, putting pressure on the O to take more chances, which forces mistakes.
        Giving up at least 3 field goals because of QB error is impossible to ignore. Especially when two of the errors gives your opponent the football back and puts your already depleted defense back onto the field when they should be on the sidelines resting and watching the Offense score points.
        Last edited by Figster; 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

The defense played yesterday like they have all year. Why should we suspect them to play different now? You knew how the defense would play so I don't blame them.

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

I'm okay giving up over 400 YPG if you're forcing TO's. Without the TO's though, you just end up being a really bad defense. We will lose games in that scenario 9 out of 10.

Comment

• dog14787
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              The defense played yesterday like they have all year. Why should we suspect them to play different now? You knew how the defense would play so I don't blame them.
              I respectfully disagree, the Defense has been averaging over two turnovers a game and scoring points off of them.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

really? So, when the game is tied and the Bills have the ball and 2 time-outs with about 3 minutes left and Fitz throws an INT, it's because the D put him in a situation where he was under more pressure?

Sorry, not buying it. That's a situation where a team has the entire field and their entire playbook open to them. Any QB who can't handle it has no business being in the NFL.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

they should have been running the ball not throwing when the last killer pick was thrown. just NO reason tobe throwing the ball there... NONE
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
                    they should have been running the ball not throwing when the last killer pick was thrown. just NO reason tobe throwing the ball there... NONE
                    Actually, there's a great reason - Johnson was open and had beaten Webster by at least a step. Not to mention the fact that outside of that 80 yard run, our run game had been pretty stagnant the entire game. You don't go into a shell with 4 minutes left and when your opponents still have two timeouts. The Giants would have had plenty of time to go down the field and score.
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

Pleeeease, if you win a SuperBowl in your mid-20's, beating arguably the greatest team ever assembled, you're a franchise QB. Anti Eli Manning people don't understand the game.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by imbondz
                        Pleeeease, if you win a SuperBowl in your mid-20's, beating arguably the greatest team ever assembled, you're a franchise QB. Anti Eli Manning people don't understand the game.
                        Manning certainly has his moments, but he's not a franchise QB.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          Knowing they're going to suck doesn't mean they can't be blamed for sucking.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Manning certainly has his moments, but he's not a franchise QB.
                            you are if you truly believe that. i would take eli over fitz 100 out 100 times.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              really? So, when the game is tied and the Bills have the ball and 2 time-outs with about 3 minutes left and Fitz throws an INT, it's because the D put him in a situation where he was under more pressure?

Sorry, not buying it. That's a situation where a team has the entire field and their entire playbook open to them. Any QB who can't handle it has no business being in the NFL.
                              Pretty sure Fitz led us to a victory against the Raiders in the last second of the game.

Unfortunately it won't happen every time. Fitz can hit that throw easily, it just didn't happen for him that time.

Comment

Working...
                              X