PDA

View Full Version : 4 -2 heading into the bye week

mayotm
10-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Before the season started, how many of you would have been happy for the Bills to be 4 -2 at the bye? I'm guessing a vast majority. Yes, the losses against the Giants and Bengals were disappointing. They certainly had chances to win both games. However, the Bills were also fortunate to win the games against Oakland and NE, so things tend to even out. Especially with a team that plays so many close games. Last season, the Bills played much better after the bye. Hopefully, the bye will allow some guys to get healthy and they can make some adjustments espeically on defense. This team appears to be heading in the right direction. They should compete for a playoff spot. The games have been damn entertaining and I see no reason that won't continue. Enjoy the ride.

hydro
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Take a look here and you might find out.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=206942

ddaryl
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM
funny thing is most of did or would have predicted the 2 losses so far would have probably been NE and Philly.

Just like 1/2 time adjustments.. bye week adjustments are just as crucial... Hopefully they find a way to tighten the ship for a nice post bye week run

B-DON
10-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I would of laughed you out of the building if you told me we would contend for the playoffs this year. Even though the mood on this board is very down right now, no one can say they are disappointed with this season as a whole so far. Plus we have to be one of the more exciting teams to watch every week which makes Sundays great once again.

mayotm
10-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Take a look here and you might find out.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=206942Thanks. I hadn't seen that thread.

Philagape
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
THEY MUST WIN EVERY GAME.

FITZ MUST NEVER THROW INTS. ALL HIS 20-30-YARD PASSES MUST BE COMPLETED.

zone
10-17-2011, 04:42 PM
4-2 at the bye and both losses by a field goal, one being at the final second of the game. We have a legit chance of contending for a playoff spot.

I will take it. While Iam disappointed by the 2 losses, it isn't practical to think we would win every game.

imbondz
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
We bounced back from the cincy loss, let's hope we do again against the dreadskins

RoscoeMagic
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
We bounced back from the cincy loss, let's hope we do again against the dreadskins

I think they will. After the bye last year we went 4-7 with 3 OT losses. And they'll get healthy. From everything I've gathered about this team, they won't sob about a loss, but instead use it as motivation.

But also if we're 4-3 going into that Jets game, they may also be 4-3, worst case I think 3-4. And the Jets will face us coming off their bye week. So that game will have serious division implications. We could slip to third in the division if we're not careful. The Redskins game is very important to give us the cushion of being 5-2.