X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELAYAS
    • Sep 2008

Waivers week 7

Ok, so I just want to start by saying (for those who don't know) that I know my league is unorthodox, to say the least (people are rookies in FF, from Brazil). Anyway, I'm trying to take it as serious as possible, so I can gather experience for the future.

So, week 7 I have some guys on Bye, and also there are a couple guys available that I think I should put a claim. Here is my roster (bolded are on bye week 7) and after that, what I'm thinking I should do. Any feedback is much appreciated:

m.ryan / j.flacco
    f.jackson / l.mccoy / a.foster / r.mathews / f.gore
    g.jennings / m.austin / j.maclin / julio jones
    o.daniels / d.keller
    a.henery
    CIN def

so, I'm dropping henery and CIN, for cundiff (could go rackers, but I think cundiff has the edge) and OAK (best matchup I saw) respectively. I don't think there's much to discuss about these moves, but who knows...

Now what I really think I could use some help (and maybe it's obvious, but I'd rather have other opinions) is this: M.Colston and M.Manningham are both available. I should definitely go after Colston, right? Probably dropping a TE or maybe Julio?

I don't know what I could do with all these guys, since I'm already pretty loaded, but maybe could try a deal for a premium QB.

Sorry about the long post and thanks in advance!

• Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Waivers week 7

Originally posted by ELAYAS

M.Colston and M.Manningham are both available.
    Must be nice to be in a league of only 4 teams and everyone else is a ******.

Comment

• ELAYAS
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Must be nice to be in a league of only 4 teams and everyone else is a ******.
      well, there are 10

lots of first timers who made many mistakes... people need to start somewhere

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Why not ask this in my weekly questions thread? :)

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Ok, so I just want to start by saying (for those who don't know) that I know my league is unorthodox, to say the least (people are rookies in FF, from Brazil). Anyway, I'm trying to take it as serious as possible, so I can gather experience for the future.

So, week 7 I have some guys on Bye, and also there are a couple guys available that I think I should put a claim. Here is my roster (bolded are on bye week 7) and after that, what I'm thinking I should do. Any feedback is much appreciated:

m.ryan / j.flacco
          o.daniels / d.keller
          a.henery
          CIN def

so, I'm dropping henery and CIN, for cundiff (could go rackers, but I think cundiff has the edge) and OAK (best matchup I saw) respectively. I don't think there's much to discuss about these moves, but who knows...

Now what I really think I could use some help (and maybe it's obvious, but I'd rather have other opinions) is this: M.Colston and M.Manningham are both available. I should definitely go after Colston, right? Probably dropping a TE or maybe Julio?

I don't know what I could do with all these guys, since I'm already pretty loaded, but maybe could try a deal for a premium QB.

Sorry about the long post and thanks in advance!
          If you want Colston drop Keller.

Honestly I would try and upgrade your TE spot. You have so many great players but only can play a few each week. Maybe try going after a Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham to make your lineup beast all the way.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Freddie J and Gore could be mid round steals, I'll give you that.

McCoy, Foster, Matthews, Jennings, Austin, you'd have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds to get these guys. And somebody dropped Colston??

I hope it's $200 dollar buy-in league. Start shopping for that HDTV you wanted.

Comment

• ELAYAS
              • Sep 2008

this question is probably so out of the reality of the other leagues I didn't think ot was worthy for your blog thurm, but feel free to use any part of it (I actually think it might make you lose some credibility with the "regular" FF player that goes to the blog, because is really out of the realm of "normal" ff leagues)

miyagi, I had to autodraft (until round 3) because I was getting home when our draft started, luckily I removed every colts player from the top of my board the day before... of course we are playing this league just for fun, maybe next year we'll start putting some $$ into it

unfortunately, our draft took place at the last available time, which was during work hours for most of us, which led to some (not most) of the mistakes

fyi, my draft was the following (probably some mistakes here too, but much less than my peers):
              1 foster
              2 mccoy
              3 gore
              4 jennings (I think if I didn't get home, would end up with 8 RBs)
              5 austin
              6 ryan
              7 flacco
              8 jacson
              9 daniels
              10 mathews
              11 ryan grant
              12 henery
              13 atlanta def
              14 keller
              15 julio jones

lastly, thurm, thanks for the tip, I know the girl who has graham also has finley and she is hurting in other positions, so I may be able to pull this one

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

this question is probably so out of the reality of the other leagues I didn't think ot was worthy for your blog thurm, but feel free to use any part of it (I actually think it might make you lose some credibility with the "regular" FF player that goes to the blog, because is really out of the realm of "normal" ff leagues)

miyagi, I had to autodraft (until round 3) because I was getting home when our draft started, luckily I removed every colts player from the top of my board the day before... of course we are playing this league just for fun, maybe next year we'll start putting some $$ into it

unfortunately, our draft took place at the last available time, which was during work hours for most of us, which led to some (not most) of the mistakes

fyi, my draft was the following (probably some mistakes here too, but much less than my peers):
                1 foster
                2 mccoy
                3 gore
                4 jennings (I think if I didn't get home, would end up with 8 RBs)
                5 austin
                6 ryan
                7 flacco
                8 jacson
                9 daniels
                10 mathews
                11 ryan grant
                12 henery
                13 atlanta def
                14 keller
                15 julio jones

lastly, thurm, thanks for the tip, I know the girl who has graham also has finley and she is hurting in other positions, so I may be able to pull this one
                Oh hell yeah!!! Get Graham!!!! Finley is great too though if she wont give graham up and you could probably get Finley for a discount now.

Comment

• ELAYAS
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Oh hell yeah!!! Get Graham!!!! Finley is great too though if she wont give graham up and you could probably get Finley for a discount now.
                  so, I got colston (plus cundiff and oak def)

now I have jennings, austin, maclin, julio jones and colston
                  any of them sthraight up for graham or finley should be a good (great) move for her, right?
                  I don't even know how to rate them... austin and jones are the "less good" of the bunch, right? which should I use as a bait for graham?

also, I was talking to the guy who has cam newton... I know he is trying to get better at RB (another position I'm stacked: fred jacson, l.mccoy, a.foster, f.gore, r.mathews).
                  what is newton value here? straight up for one of them? I have flacco and ryan, so one of them could sweeten this deal (3rd qb would be uselles for me if I pulled this trade) and could try to get PHI or DET def/st (not that I care much about either)...
                  mind you guys that I could try to get another "top" qb, but haven't explored the options (plus newton don't have the "pedigree" nor the "emotional value" of some others, and is piling up points like crazy)

as much as out of reality these are, I'm trying to understand values, so next year I'll have the xp from this...

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

What about Damien Williams TEN? Seems like he's been on a run
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                    X