X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Hairston, Bell, Spiller, Sheppard, Merriman news

JaySkurski Chris Hairston is out for 2 to 4 weeks with his ankle injury. Gailey did not specify whether it was high ankle. Timeframe would say it's not 4 minutes

JaySkurski OT Demetrius Bell has a "good chance" to return to the starting lineup when the #Bills get back from bye, according to coach Chan Gailey. 8 minutes ago ยท

JaySkurski Expect CJ Spiller to remain at WR at least while Donald Jones is out. #Bills 10 minutes ago

JaySkurski Kelvin Sheppard will take over as starting inside LB when the #Bills return from bye. 12 minutes ago

JaySkurski #Bills OLB Shawne Merriman expects to play in Week 8 when team returns from bye.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Hairston, Bell, Spiller, Sheppard, Merriman news

Good to see Sheppard being elevated. Davis was abused yesterday.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Except for Hairston, all good news. Bell needs to be back, as does Merriman and Williams, while Spiller at WR could be a dangerous weapon added to the arsenal.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
        Except for Hairston, all good news. Bell needs to be back, as does Merriman and Williams, while Spiller at WR could be a dangerous weapon added to the arsenal.
        I would actually consider the news on Hairston good considering he was carted off yesterday.
        Last edited by mayotm; 10-17-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• methos4ever
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
          Looks like they expect Kelsay back for week 8 too. So we should be getting healthier as the season goes on, which is a great thing compared to prior years!

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mayotm
            I would actually consider the news on Hairston good considering he was carted off yesterday.
            Well he'll miss at least a game or two, so that's not good news. But I guess it's better than missing the rest of the season.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by methos4ever
              Looks like they expect Kelsay back for week 8 too. So we should be getting healthier as the season goes on, which is a great thing compared to prior years!
              Forgot about Kelsay. Hopefully Jones returns soon as well.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Good to know Hairston is OK...The kid has a bright future.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• mayotm
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by methos4ever
                  The Bills should be pissed off and healthier for the Redskins. I expect a good performance. I just wish the game was in Orchard Park instead of Toronto.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Davis is slow, but has experience. Sheppard is quick but lack experience.

Since Sheppard is the future you have to go with Sheppard. Experience can be gained, quickness for Davis cannot.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Spiller has great hands and will eventually bust one.

Sheppard should be starting and that move was planned.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        Davis is slow, but has experience. Sheppard is quick but lack experience.

Since Sheppard is the future you have to go with Sheppard. Experience can be gained, quickness for Davis cannot.
                        One thing that has helped for Sheppard is his ability to watch film and pick stuff up quickly. During the Eagles game they said he was calling out close to 90% of the plays they were running.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Pretty much all good news, in my opinion. I feared a worse injury with Hairston, and it's alleviated a ton if Bell comes back and can stay in the lineup for those 2-4 weeks.

Sheppard will have 2 weeks to prepare as starter. Andra Davis may be a goat for at least this recent loss, but the guys is an excellent teammate and acts as another coach from the sidelines. Our defense could always use another coach.

Finally...Merriman. I think his return is a little more important than people think. Despite his lack of sacks, lack of true pressures and holding calls, I do think he adds something that our youngsters just don't have yet. Merriman does get attention on the outside. Eli Manning also had a pocket the size of Cambodia, and while Merriman doesn't exactly collapse pockets on a regular basis, the guy is obviously better at it than Moats and Batten for now.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                            2 to 4 weeks means there's a chance he could be back after the bye too.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

going into the 10 game stretch pretty healthy. we need to win 6 out of 10 to make the playoffs probably...

Comment

Working...
                              X