PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock V2.0

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 07:36 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

Colts win the Suck for Luck, Pats reload and Bills address two big needs.

clumping platelets
10-18-2011, 08:08 AM
That St Lucia pop up blows

clumping platelets
10-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Love both picks though..........we desperately need speed on defense and a big physical shutdown CB

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 08:13 AM
That St Lucia pop up blows
Yea I know, but it keeps the sites lights on, so I can't take it off.

Ginger Vitis
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Ahh for some reason I can't find your 2nd Round picks?

clumping platelets
10-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Link at bottom of 1st rd picks 17-32

WeAreArthurMoates
10-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Love both picks but I hope we can find a way to get Upshaw. But great work.

TigerJ
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
What kind of production is Taylor having this year for South Carolina? I don't have any particular opinion on him at this point since I don't do any personal evaluating like you obsessed draftniks. I did note that Walter Football rates him as a 3rd or 4th round pick and lists his 40 time at 4.69, good, but hardly eye popping for a 250 lb dude. As of October 10 he's only had a sack and 2 tackles for a loss. I'd like to read why you rate him a first round pick over some of the guys Walter Football has rated higher.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012OLB3-4.php

psubills62
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
What kind of production is Taylor having this year for South Carolina?
3 TFL, 2 sacks (I'm not certain, but I believe sacks count as TFL in college), 1 pass broken up and 5 QB hurries. Through 7 games.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/648/1018187/index.html

Honestly, not that impressed with the production. Has he been injured or something?

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
What kind of production is Taylor having this year for South Carolina?

22 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 PD, and 5 QB Hurries.

He's been getting double teams and chipped because of what he did last year. With Ingram's emergence he should see less attention and hurt some teams in the 2nd half.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
3 TFL, 2 sacks (I'm not certain, but I believe sacks count as TFL in college), 1 pass broken up and 5 QB hurries. Through 7 games.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/648/1018187/index.html

Honestly, not that impressed with the production. Has he been injured or something?

They do.

Nope no injuries, he was the most proven player on their line and blocking schemes have focused on him. UGA OL coach went on about it before they played them in Week 2.

mysticsoto
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Broncos won't take a QB and give up on Tebow that quickly. Especially when he is so popular and will help them sell tix. Expect them to try and get help around him instead.

I like our picks though...

Bert102176
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
no way the Bills have a pick that far down they have played teams that aren't that good, and the Patriots had some injuries, plus their O is alot better then ours, I love the Bills but they aren't that good and Fitzhas shown that if u get to him he gets shaky and sucks I say we will have a top 10 pick but once again we screwed our selves out of the prize which would be Andrew Luck

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Broncos won't take a QB and give up on Tebow that quickly. Especially when he is so popular and will help them sell tix. Expect them to try and get help around him instead.

I like our picks though...

If he fails this year then the fan fare will die down. Whether you think Tebow will succeed or fail the team has made it clear, they want to know what he will be by years end. If this doesn't go well they will go QB early.

There is no next year for Tebow if he doesn't succeed this year.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 10:43 AM
no way the Bills have a pick that far down they have played teams that aren't that good, and the Patriots had some injuries, plus their O is alot better then ours, I love the Bills but they aren't that good and Fitzhas shown that if u get to him he gets shaky and sucks I say we will have a top 10 pick but once again we screwed our selves out of the prize which would be Andrew Luck

This isn't a projection, this is based on current standings. It adjusts weekly.

k-oneputt
10-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Lot of reaches in that 2nd rd.

SabreEleven
10-18-2011, 10:56 AM
We don’t think the Colts would keep this pick if they got it but we don’t mock trades and there is no other #1 pick option

So the Colts wouldn't want Luck?, That doesn't make sense. Peyton isn't getting any younger and for Luck to play under him for a couple years would be good for him but not good for the NFL. I don't agree with this assessment.

psubills62
10-18-2011, 11:04 AM
What makes you think the teams we've played aren't that good? They've got a combined 21-14 record. That's 19-10 if you don't include the games against Buffalo. I'd say that's pretty good.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Lot of reaches in that 2nd rd.

Its early yet, plenty will change between values on other sites and my own. Like I always say these are more to get names out there than for accuracy. I do one mock a year for accuracy and that's about it.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 11:10 AM
We don’t think the Colts would keep this pick if they got it but we don’t mock trades and there is no other #1 pick option

So the Colts wouldn't want Luck?, That doesn't make sense. Peyton isn't getting any younger and for Luck to play under him for a couple years would be good for him but not good for the NFL. I don't agree with this assessment.

Because I think somebody (Washington ex.) will call and either Ditka or completely Ditka their draft for Luck.

psubills62
10-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Got Devon Still pretty high up there now. You actually see him as a second rounder now or are you just projecting the Colts reach for him?

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Got Devon Still pretty high up there now. You actually see him as a second rounder now or are you just projecting the Colts reach for him?

I think he's a 2nd-3rd Rounder but the DT is a bit thin and guys like Randall, Thompson, Winn, and Chapman aren't good Cover 2 fits.

FlyingDutchman
10-18-2011, 02:32 PM
What Russel Wilsons deal with baseball? Will he be available, and looking to play in the NFL?

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
What Russel Wilsons deal with baseball? Will he be available, and looking to play in the NFL?

While that door is not entirely closed its about a stiff breeze away from being shut. Wilson had a pretty minor league year, and basically choose football over the Rockies. I think he technically could still return to baseball but I dont think its much in consideration anymore.

He will be available this April and he will be looking to make it in the NFL. As far as him as a QB prospect, Im not really sure. The kid can play ball but he lacks the measureables, and arm strength to handle the position. We'll have to wait and see.

Mr. Pink
10-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Why would the Colts trade out and not take Luck, DB?

Even if Manning can somehow play next year, Luck sits behind one of the best ever to learn the position at this level. Then when Manning does retire they transition over to the next big thing and don't skip a beat.

Much like GB transitioning from Favre to Rodgers.

SabreEleven
10-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Even if Manning can somehow play next year, Luck sits behind one of the best ever to learn the position at this level. Then when Manning does retire they transition over to the next big thing and don't skip a beat.

Agreed.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM

2 things;
1. He just signed a new 5 year 90 million dollar deal this past summer. The idea that he's just going to come back and play for one more year is a ficticious and based on nothing more than speculation right now. If that was the case I would say they should keep the pick but I dont think it is. I think Manning returns and plays at least another 3 seasons.

2. Somebody could legitimately Ditka their draft for Luck. For example if Denver at 7, or Dallas at 10 call and offer every draft pick they have (and this has been discussed as possible) for your pick you'd be a fool to not take it. I think somebody is going to offer up more than the Falcons paid to get Vick in order to get Luck and I think Polian is shrewd enough to take it.

dannyek71
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
4-2 and already thinking about next season?!

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 04:06 PM
What kind of production is Taylor having this year for South Carolina? I don't have any particular opinion on him at this point since I don't do any personal evaluating like you obsessed draftniks. I did note that Walter Football rates him as a 3rd or 4th round pick and lists his 40 time at 4.69, good, but hardly eye popping for a 250 lb dude. As of October 10 he's only had a sack and 2 tackles for a loss. I'd like to read why you rate him a first round pick over some of the guys Walter Football has rated higher.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012OLB3-4.php

Devin Taylor is a 6'7 monster and for a DE sub 4.7 speed is very good. I dont know why Walter has him so low, but he does.

For me when I watch Taylor I see a kid with great instincts and get off who has speed to get the edge and the strength to take on blocks. He's an athletic freak who is still learning how to use his frame and ability together. He's raw in that regard and will need some coaching but he has the tools you want/salivate over.

His stats are down due to intensified focus on him and trying to stop him this year. He has made impacts in games just not always on the box score.

Here is an evaluation of Taylor from his game v. UK, and the Bills scouts were also at this game for the record;

#98 Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
-Lining up at LDE.
-Drops in zone coverage.
-Unblocked, sniffs out bootleg and closes fast for sack.
-Double-teamed on run, doesn’t give up position.
-Sits out a possession.
-Shies away from contact a bit on sweep.
-Nice change of direction on speed-rush.
-Bats down pass, good awareness.
-Exhibiting good speed, decent agility in space.
-Incredibly long player.
-Beats RT on outside speed rush, but QB was already sacked.
-Not showing much other than a bull-rush and an outside speed move.
-Getting high – OL pops him under the pads.
-Tough offense to evaluate Taylor against, but showed some athleticism and versatility.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/09/in-the-film-room-south-carolina-vs-vanderbilt.html

This was not my eval, but one of my site partners evals.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 04:07 PM
4-2 and already thinking about next season?!

I started thinking about next season on 5/1/11.

mysticsoto
10-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I started thinking about next season on 5/1/11.

Oh c'mon...you started way before that... ;P

YardRat
10-18-2011, 08:01 PM
No way in hell 7 WR's or 7 LBers go in the first round, let alone both.

DraftBoy
10-18-2011, 08:26 PM
No way in hell 7 WR's or 7 LBers go in the first round, let alone both.

Many of those LB's are DE/LB, but for the most part I agree with you.

TigerJ
10-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Draftboy, you're calling Devin Taylor a DE, but I presume for Buffalo he would play mostly a rush linebacker position unless he's going to put on 40 lbs. How do you think Buffalo would use him? If he puts on 40 lbs, he'll no longer run a 4.69 40.

DraftBoy
10-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Draftboy, you're calling Devin Taylor a DE, but I presume for Buffalo he would play mostly a rush linebacker position unless he's going to put on 40 lbs. How do you think Buffalo would use him? If he puts on 40 lbs, he'll no longer run a 4.69 40.

He's already 6'7, 260 (by best estimates) he doesn't need to put on 40 pounds. He doesnt need to really put on any weight, though 10 more pounds of muscle wouldn't hurt.

I dont think his 40 time will change much.

Ed
10-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I think Tebow ends up playing poorly, or at least not good enough for Elway to be able to justify getting rid of him and he goes all in for Andrew Luck. Assuming the team with the #1 pick is willing to trade. The Colts ending up with the #1 pick would definitely be the most interesting scenario. Manning is older and has neck issues now, but he's also got the new big contract and fan favorite legendary status. I still think you have to take Luck though. If Luck does end up being a great player, do you really want to spend the next 10 years after Manning retires saying, "We could have had Luck..."