X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figster
    • Oct 2010

Buffalo/ worst City in the NFL/ Bad weather

Buffalo, named the worst City in the NFL for bad weather by the weather Channel,

We need a Dome...
    Last edited by Figster; 10-18-2011, 08:39 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Buffalo/ worse City in the NFL/ Bad weather

really? Worse than GB and NE? It seems like both of them have had more snow games in recent years than we have.

Cleveland, too.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

oh I and I almost forgot the obligatory:

WOOHOO! We're #1!!!!!
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by dog14787
        Buffalo, named the worse City in the NFL for bad weather by the weather Channel,

We need a Dome...
        The word is worst. But there are places almost as bad weather-wise, and a dome would completely ruin the experience.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i wonder why they used the term "worst" when cities with crappy weather generally always sell out and oakland, san diego, arizona, etc have trouble selling out. seems to me the fans like it.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Re: Buffalo/ worst City in the NFL/ Bad weather

NO DOME
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• dog14787
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
              i wonder why they used the term "worst" when cities with crappy weather generally always sell out and oakland, san diego, arizona, etc have trouble selling out. seems to me the fans like it.

Controlled environment is much more suitable for the whole family. The bravado is great for all the men with this football was meant to be played in the great outdoors. The truth of the matter is though, playing in bad weather isn't helping anyone, not the fans, not the players and not the game. Bad weather causes injuries, and it gives teams like the Browns the capability of coming into Buffalo on a stormy, wintery day and beating us.

Ask Yourself, Do you want to go to a football game to see mother nature dictate the outcome, or the coaches and athletes...
              Last edited by Figster; 10-18-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Controlled environment is much more suitable for the whole family. The bravado is great with this football was made to be played in the outdoors. The truth of the matter is though, playing in bad weather isn't helping anyone, not the fans, not the players and not the game.

Ask Yourself, Do you want to go to a football game to see mother nature dictate the outcome, or the coaches and athletes...
                Mother nature is part of the game- always has been. And both teams have to play in the same weather, so mother nature doesn't really determine the outcome.

As far as being suitable for the whole family, well, the economy sucks and many families can't even afford to go to games. And that's only going to get worse if they build a dome that has to be paid for....

The NFL needs to decide if it wants to be a party atmosphere or a family atmosphere, and if they want to be a family atmosphere, the first thing they should do is make the game affordable for families again.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Mother nature is part of the game- always has been. And both teams have to play in the same weather, so mother nature doesn't really determine the outcome.

As far as being suitable for the whole family, well, the economy sucks and many families can't even afford to go to games. And that's only going to get worse if they build a dome that has to be paid for....

The NFL needs to decide if it wants to be a party atmosphere or a family atmosphere, and if they want to be a family atmosphere, the first thing they should do is make the game affordable for families again.

So what your saying is, "so what about the rest of the family, its more about me and the party mentality ?"

hmmmmm,
                  Last edited by Figster; 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us.

NO TO THE DOME!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                      NO DOME
                      I don't know Mark coming from myself who has not missed attending one home game in the last 10 years a dome isn't as bad as idea when you are sitting there in 30 degree weather and it starts raining on you...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I don't see why it can't be both.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

So what your saying is, "so what about the rest of the family, its more about me and the party mentality ?"

hmmmmm,
                          I never said that at all.

You said it's better for families to have a dome. I said that's stupid because families can't afford the game as it is, and if the team has to pay for a dome, that situation is only going to get worse.

And so what if I did say that? Why do the "families" take precedence over the "partiers?" anyway?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            I don't see why it can't be both.
                            because when the NFL tries to make it that way, they **** it up for both sides. They'll never make the rules relaxed enough for the party people or strict enough for the family people so someone will always be complaining.

So, they play it down the middle and do things like crack down on tailgating under the guise of making the games more "family-friendly," but in reality, families still can't afford the games and it's just a clever ruse to get people inside the stadium drinking $8 beers sold by the NFL instead of in the parking lot drinking $8 six-packs sold by gas stations and supermarkets.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I never said that at all.

You said it's better for families to have a dome. I said that's stupid because families can't afford the game as it is, and if the team has to pay for a dome, that situation is only going to get worse.

And so what if I did say that? Why do the "families" take precedence over the "partiers?" anyway?
                              Great points OP.

I am all about family but I am sick and tired of Do gooders acting like they are the ones that are more important.

I am not for people acting like complete fools, like I did in my younger years, but don't pretend that because you are there with your family that you are important than I am with my friends..

Comment

Working...
                              X