PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo/ worst City in the NFL/ Bad weather

Figster
10-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Buffalo, named the worst City in the NFL for bad weather by the weather Channel,

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Buffalo-tops-the-Weather-Channel-8217-s-list-of?urn=nfl-wp9752

We need a Dome...

OpIv37
10-18-2011, 07:51 AM
really? Worse than GB and NE? It seems like both of them have had more snow games in recent years than we have.

Cleveland, too.

OpIv37
10-18-2011, 07:53 AM
oh I and I almost forgot the obligatory:

WOOHOO! We're #1!!!!!

Jan Reimers
10-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Buffalo, named the worse City in the NFL for bad weather by the weather Channel,

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Buffalo-tops-the-Weather-Channel-8217-s-list-of?urn=nfl-wp9752

We need a Dome...
The word is worst. But there are places almost as bad weather-wise, and a dome would completely ruin the experience.

trapezeus
10-18-2011, 08:16 AM
i wonder why they used the term "worst" when cities with crappy weather generally always sell out and oakland, san diego, arizona, etc have trouble selling out. seems to me the fans like it.

imbondz
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
NO DOME

Figster
10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
i wonder why they used the term "worst" when cities with crappy weather generally always sell out and oakland, san diego, arizona, etc have trouble selling out. seems to me the fans like it.

Controlled environment is much more suitable for the whole family. The bravado is great for all the men with this football was meant to be played in the great outdoors. The truth of the matter is though, playing in bad weather isn't helping anyone, not the fans, not the players and not the game. Bad weather causes injuries, and it gives teams like the Browns the capability of coming into Buffalo on a stormy, wintery day and beating us.

Ask Yourself, Do you want to go to a football game to see mother nature dictate the outcome, or the coaches and athletes...

OpIv37
10-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Controlled environment is much more suitable for the whole family. The bravado is great with this football was made to be played in the outdoors. The truth of the matter is though, playing in bad weather isn't helping anyone, not the fans, not the players and not the game.

Ask Yourself, Do you want to go to a football game to see mother nature dictate the outcome, or the coaches and athletes...

Mother nature is part of the game- always has been. And both teams have to play in the same weather, so mother nature doesn't really determine the outcome.

As far as being suitable for the whole family, well, the economy sucks and many families can't even afford to go to games. And that's only going to get worse if they build a dome that has to be paid for....

The NFL needs to decide if it wants to be a party atmosphere or a family atmosphere, and if they want to be a family atmosphere, the first thing they should do is make the game affordable for families again.

Figster
10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Mother nature is part of the game- always has been. And both teams have to play in the same weather, so mother nature doesn't really determine the outcome.

As far as being suitable for the whole family, well, the economy sucks and many families can't even afford to go to games. And that's only going to get worse if they build a dome that has to be paid for....

The NFL needs to decide if it wants to be a party atmosphere or a family atmosphere, and if they want to be a family atmosphere, the first thing they should do is make the game affordable for families again.

So what your saying is, "so what about the rest of the family, its more about me and the party mentality ?"

hmmmmm,

better days
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us.

NO TO THE DOME!

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
NO DOME
I don't know Mark coming from myself who has not missed attending one home game in the last 10 years a dome isn't as bad as idea when you are sitting there in 30 degree weather and it starts raining on you...

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2011, 09:31 AM

I don't see why it can't be both.

OpIv37
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
So what your saying is, "so what about the rest of the family, its more about me and the party mentality ?"

hmmmmm,

I never said that at all.

You said it's better for families to have a dome. I said that's stupid because families can't afford the game as it is, and if the team has to pay for a dome, that situation is only going to get worse.

And so what if I did say that? Why do the "families" take precedence over the "partiers?" anyway?

OpIv37
10-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't see why it can't be both.

because when the NFL tries to make it that way, they **** it up for both sides. They'll never make the rules relaxed enough for the party people or strict enough for the family people so someone will always be complaining.

So, they play it down the middle and do things like crack down on tailgating under the guise of making the games more "family-friendly," but in reality, families still can't afford the games and it's just a clever ruse to get people inside the stadium drinking $8 beers sold by the NFL instead of in the parking lot drinking $8 six-packs sold by gas stations and supermarkets.

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2011, 09:38 AM

You said it's better for families to have a dome. I said that's stupid because families can't afford the game as it is, and if the team has to pay for a dome, that situation is only going to get worse.

And so what if I did say that? Why do the "families" take precedence over the "partiers?" anyway?
Great points OP.

I am all about family but I am sick and tired of Do gooders acting like they are the ones that are more important.

I am not for people acting like complete fools, like I did in my younger years, but don't pretend that because you are there with your family that you are important than I am with my friends..

better days
10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Controlled environment is much more suitable for the whole family. The bravado is great for all the men with this football was meant to be played in the great outdoors. The truth of the matter is though, playing in bad weather isn't helping anyone, not the fans, not the players and not the game. Bad weather causes injuries, and it gives teams like the Browns the capability of coming into Buffalo on a stormy, wintery day and beating us.

The people of Buffalo are a hearty lot & we don't raise our children to be wuses.

I remember as a YOUNG boy going to watch the Bills at the old War Memorial with my Father, Brothers, Uncle & Cousins in Snowstorms in December. I LOVED it at the time & cherish those memories.

I have watched a few games in domes, once in Detroit (Pontiac) when the weather was as bad if not worse than any I have seen in Buffalo.

I was happy to get inside that dome that day but part of that was the way I was dressed, I knew I would be inside a dome & dressed for that, not for watching the game outside.

Watching a game inside a dome does not have give you the same experience as watching outdoors if the weather is good or bad. It is an experience closer to arena football than real football IMO.

Figster
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM

I appreciate the honesty

better days
10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't know Mark coming from myself who has not missed attending one home game in the last 10 years a dome isn't as bad as idea when you are sitting there in 30 degree weather and it starts raining on you...

I agree, I would take snow over rain, but I still say no to a dome.

TMu11
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Theres no way we get a Dome. The blizzard games are classics. Watching the elements at work are almost as fun as watching the actual gameplay.

You say you want the game to be about strategy - Well how much more of a wrench can you throw into a game than some of our weather conditions?

I love it- The fans sitting by a lit trash-can or portable fireplace, the snowball fights, the entire atmosphere is incredible and something we should cherish as Bills fans, not try to get rid of

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah you guys are right F THE DOME!!! NO DOME...

In my opinion I would LOVE if they just stayed at the Ralph. I love that place.

better days
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Theres no way we get a Dome. The blizzard games are classics. Watching the elements at work are almost as fun as watching the actual gameplay.

You say you want the game to be about strategy - Well how much more of a wrench can you throw into a game than some of our weather conditions?

I love it- The fans sitting by a lit trash-can or portable fireplace, the snowball fights, the entire atmosphere is incredible and something we should cherish as Bills fans, not try to get rid of

Living in S.W. Fla, I don't know if I will ever get back up to Buffalo to watch a game, but I love watching cold weather games on TV & seeing those shots of the parking lot when the Network goes to break. Those games bring back more memories to me than watching the good weather games.

Football is a game meant to be played outdoors in the elements, not indoors. I don't even enjoy watching a dome game on TV as much as one that is outdoors.

Beebe's Kid
10-18-2011, 10:37 AM

It would not be raining on you if it were 30 degrees, it would be snow. After playing a little bustnuts, I will say the Giants game in 2007 was the worst game I had ever attended. The temperature had to be 32.5 degrees, and the rain was ****ing sideways.

That is the only game that I have ever left early, and I remember the temperature dropping and the water on our clothes was turning to ice and falling away as we ran to the car.

The weather is as much a part of the memories as the games. I think it would be sad to build a dome. My sons are both too little now, but when they are old enough, I would love to take them to a snow game.

As far as "worst" city...**** them. A little cold and snow is something you can learn to deal with/plan for. Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, a bunch of **** that could kill you dead by biting you....those are problems we don't have.

I don't mind the cold and snow, and I think it is ****ing absurd to complain about it. If you don't know it's coming, that's your own fault for being stupid. If you want to watch a game in 70 degree temps, go to San Diego; they have plenty of seats available.

better days
10-18-2011, 10:42 AM
It would not be raining on you if it were 30 degrees, it would be snow. After playing a little bustnuts, I will say the Giants game in 2007 was the worst game I had ever attended. The temperature had to be 32.5 degrees, and the rain was ****ing sideways.

That is the only game that I have ever left early, and I remember the temperature dropping and the water on our clothes was turning to ice and falling away as we ran to the car.

The weather is as much a part of the memories as the games. I think it would be sad to build a dome. My sons are both too little now, but when they are old enough, I would love to take them to a snow game.

As far as "worst" city...**** them. A little cold and snow is something you can learn to deal with/plan for. Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, a bunch of **** that could kill you dead by biting you....those are problems we don't have.

I don't mind the cold and snow, and I think it is ****ing absurd to complain about it. If you don't know it's coming, that's your own fault for being stupid. If you want to watch a game in 70 degree temps, go to San Diego; they have plenty of seats available.

I remember a Bucs game that was postponed for hours because of lightning.

HAMMER
10-18-2011, 01:06 PM
NO DOME, NO WAY. I have attended a few dome games and the atmosphere is so different. Sack up, buy yourself a gore-tex rain suit and layer accordingly. Or buy a club seat and sit under the overhang, best of both worlds. Full bar, no big bathroom lines, and the ability to duck inside and warm up if necessary.

better days
10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
NO DOME, NO WAY. I have attended a few dome games and the atmosphere is so different. Sack up, buy yourself a gore-tex rain suit and layer accordingly. Or buy a club seat and sit under the overhang, best of both worlds. Full bar, no big bathroom lines, and the ability to duck inside and warm up if necessary.

I had season tickets with a friend in the club seats before moving to Fla. Loved those seats.

ddaryl
10-18-2011, 01:12 PM
real football is played in bad weather

trapezeus
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
i think the stadium is more bonded to one another through bad environment games. its like going to war with your friends and buying cocoas and stuff for people in your section. in a dome game its very isolated. i don't really like it.

plus most people are priced out of games anyways. How hard is it to suck it up for one game and wawtch a classic? The rest of us have to watch on the tv.

and coaches and players have to adapt. and the better players and coaches find ways to win. i think it shows how much of a player and coach they are when the weather is factored in. Look at martz. the guy can't run an offense outside of a dome. is he a great coach?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Why would anyone from Buffalo be upset by this? The weather is what makes us the tough MFers we are. It is the reason we laugh when other cities close when they get a few inches of snow. It is the reason why we can get a blizzard and the next day the roads are cleared off and dry. It is the reason why we will take the snow, cold, and wind over hurricanes, tornadoes, and whatever other crazy weather that you other parts of the country get. The reason why no matter what the winter throws at us, we all say "that wasn't that bad."

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I could use some dome.

imbondz
10-18-2011, 05:32 PM

But Corey it makes it easier for the other team. Plus when i'm in my living room in Nashville watching the games, I like to see the cold weather and snow. It makes me feel closer to home.

PromoTheRobot
10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes Dome! We talk tough but everyone stays home in December because deep down they are wusses. I'd rather be indoors.

PTR

better days
10-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes Dome! We talk tough but everyone stays home in December because deep down they are wusses. I'd rather be indoors.

PTR

No, people have stayed home in December for the last decade because the Bills were hopelessly out of playoff contention.

Bert102176
10-19-2011, 01:50 AM
screw that BS were in the north and bad weather should be part of the game hell when were playing at the ralph in December against the Dolphins I love having the snow and bad weather

Cntrygal
10-19-2011, 05:38 AM
I would rather that the weather have an influence on the game outcome than the officiating.