View Full Version : Hey Bedard

chernobylwraiths
10-18-2011, 08:30 PM
This is why we hate Chara.

Friggen cheapshot.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/105884

The King
10-19-2011, 06:17 AM
You really cant comment unless you watched that entire game. The Canes were baiting the Bruins all night and would not drop gloves... Bruins had like 82 minutes worth of penalties and 4 misconducts. Including Julien.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2011, 07:08 AM
I certainly can comment when two people are engaged and another comes in and completely sucker punches the guy from the blind side. Then he tries to bait the goalie.

The King
10-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Sure, but did you see the cheap shot on Horton right before that... that's what Chara was defending.

OpIv37
10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Sure, but did you see the cheap shot on Horton right before that... that's what Chara was defending.

Come on, man.

If a guy takes a cheap shot, go ahead and fight him- that's how it works in hockey. But one cheap shot doesn't give Chara an excuse to pull his own cheap shot by flying in on a guy who's already engaged with another player.

He already has the size advantage over everyone in the league, but he won't fight straight up. He either just ducks the fight altogether or pulls some bush-league bull**** like this.

Skooby
10-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Come on, man.

If a guy takes a cheap shot, go ahead and fight him- that's how it works in hockey. But one cheap shot doesn't give Chara an excuse to pull his own cheap shot by flying in on a guy who's already engaged with another player.

He already has the size advantage over everyone in the league, but he won't fight straight up. He either just ducks the fight altogether or pulls some bush-league bull**** like this.

Chara is the ape man that only fights after someone else killed the prey, he'll get his someday.

rbochan
10-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Chara is the ape man that only fights after someone else killed the prey, he'll get his someday.

Gerbe will take him down.

The King
10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/zdeno-chara-a-victim-of-his-size-with-cam-wards-criticisms-proving-latest-reason-why.html

In the case of Chara on Tuesday night, the captain absolutely had to get involved. Just six months ago, he watched Horton get knocked unconscious on that very same sheet of ice. Chara saw Horton ease back into game action during the preseason, and he's seen Horton get off to a sluggish start to the season. All of this took place after Chara had seen teammate Marc Savard return from a concussion, get into a frightening scrap with Bryan Little and soon have his season ended on a routine hit along the boards.
Nathan Horton absolutely can't be fighting, and Chara did what he had to do to ensure that wouldn't happen. That involved grabbing Harrison, who at 6-foot-4 and 211 pounds isn't exactly a peewee.

Crisis
10-19-2011, 11:37 AM
I loved Cam Ward just laughing Rask off.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
:snicker:http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/10/bruins_bottle.jpg

OpIv37
10-19-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/zdeno-chara-a-victim-of-his-size-with-cam-wards-criticisms-proving-latest-reason-why.html

In the case of Chara on Tuesday night, the captain absolutely had to get involved. Just six months ago, he watched Horton get knocked unconscious on that very same sheet of ice. Chara saw Horton ease back into game action during the preseason, and he's seen Horton get off to a sluggish start to the season. All of this took place after Chara had seen teammate Marc Savard return from a concussion, get into a frightening scrap with Bryan Little and soon have his season ended on a routine hit along the boards.
Nathan Horton absolutely can't be fighting, and Chara did what he had to do to ensure that wouldn't happen. That involved grabbing Harrison, who at 6-foot-4 and 211 pounds isn't exactly a peewee.

And I'm sure Chara had all that go through his head in the 2 or 3 seconds it took him to react....

I mean really, they're defending the captain for suckering a guy who was already engaged and taking himself out of the game by drawing 17 penalty minutes. Makes you wonder if the Bruins could have won if one of their best players wasn't given a mandatory 17 minute break.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2011, 11:54 AM

I don't consider the punch he threw at his head a "grab".

I hope he gets suspended for that. It's one thing to be third man in and grab a guy who is already engaged, but to punch him in the side of the head from out of nowhere is cheap.

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
So Chara was able to process all of that information in no time flat, but was not able to realize that riding Max Pacioretty along the boards would drive his head into a plexiglass divider.

Interesting.

The King
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
He didnt have to process crap... the Horton concussion is on everyones mind.

OpIv37
10-19-2011, 12:55 PM
He didnt have to process crap... the Horton concussion is on everyones mind.

And if Horton was fighting Sydney Crosby and Matt Cooke came flying in with a blind right hand, I'm sure you'd feel the exact same way, right?

OpIv37
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
And BTW, this is absolute nonsense:

Nathan Horton absolutely can't be fighting

Obviously, teams have some players that they want avoiding fights, and some players that should be fighting whenever necessary, but it's absurd to say that a hockey player "absolutely can't be fighting." It's a rough game, fighting is part of it, and sometimes players have to stand up for themselves. Or sometimes players do things that make the other team need to stand up for themselves.

If you watch the replay, Horton was wrestling with one of the Canes players all through the play, then actually pushed him AFTER the whistle. If a player "absolutely can't be fighting," he has no business pushing guys after the play is over.

Bedard, your homerism is blatant on this issue.

The King
10-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Actually I would totally get it. You're forgetting Boston has been exposed to a ton of concussions Begeron, Savard and Horton. All producing players and Chara has been on the team for all of them.

In a situation with Crosby and Cooke is much better because like you said before you're not taking your best defensemen off the ice. I knew immediately why Chara interferred.

But let's not forget these teams dont like each other. And as I mentioned earlier Carolina was baiting Boston into fights all night... then they wouldnt drop gloves.

The part that bothered me was Horton trying to get into it in the 3rd period with Gleason, which makes Chara look like a fool.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Hockey players aren't usually too bright.

But, I would think there is MUCH less a chance of a concussion from a fight than from a hit into the boards and an average play.

OpIv37
10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Hockey players aren't usually too bright.

But, I would think there is MUCH less a chance of a concussion from a fight than from a hit into the boards and an average play.

this is true, particularly when players are on skates and wearing helmets. It's really difficult to generate enough power from a punch, or hit a guy enough times before falling to the ice, to cause a concussion.

With all the concussion problems in the league lately, I don't recall a single one being from a fight.

Mski
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
this is true, particularly when players are on skates and wearing helmets. It's really difficult to generate enough power from a punch, or hit a guy enough times before falling to the ice, to cause a concussion.

With all the concussion problems in the league lately, I don't recall a single one being from a fight.see beagle v asham

OpIv37
10-19-2011, 02:50 PM
see beagle v asham

a knockout isn't the same thing as a concussion.

The King
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
but it can have the same result.