PDA

View Full Version : Sabres win again - REP THREAD!!

Skooby
10-18-2011, 09:16 PM
We're Canada's daddy!! Go Sabres!!

SabreEleven
10-19-2011, 05:33 AM
won a game we shouldn't have...

rbochan
10-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Best twitter hashtag of the night:

#ParlezVousMyBallsYouFrench*****es

SkateZilla
10-19-2011, 09:08 AM
that was the sloppiest win in NHL history.

but like the Canadiens found out, the game is 60 minutes, not 59m 45 seconds.

Skooby
10-19-2011, 09:13 AM
that was the sloppiest win in NHL history.

but like the Canadiens found out, the game is 60 minutes, not 59m 45 seconds.

A win is a win.

ddaryl
10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I enjoy the win.. BUT I'm quickly becoming disappointed in how many shots this team is giving up.....

With the upgrade to our D I fully expect the play to be down in the opponents end more so then ours but the last few games has painted a different picture.

I haven't been able to watch any games so I can't really tell but it sure seems like we are being out played a bunch.

Still early and I prefer they heat up during the 2nd half, but none the less can't help but notice this

Mski
10-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I enjoy the win.. BUT I'm quickly becoming disappointed in how many shots this team is giving up.....

With the upgrade to our D I fully expect the play to be down in the opponents end more so then ours but the last few games has painted a different picture.

I haven't been able to watch any games so I can't really tell but it sure seems like we are being out played a bunch.

Still early and I prefer they heat up during the 2nd half, but none the less can't help but notice thisi think part of the problem with our upgraded D is that the forwards have perhaps too much faith in their ability to clear the puck, and begin to leave the zone earlier than they should, allowing the other teams D-men to pinch and keep the puck in the zone.

our forwards need to stay back just a little longer to help out on the forecheck, and or keep the other teams D from pinching all the time.

they were showing replays of face-offs last night where the forwards saw the sabres win the draw, then all 3 would head out to center ice, no one stayed back to help out our d clear the zone

Skooby
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM
The offense was over their blue line before the zone was clear, that hung the D up multiple times.

SkateZilla
10-20-2011, 09:27 AM
A win is a win.

I dont like winning like this, as the team will think they can continue to play like crap and develop that as a bad habit.

Skooby
10-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I dont like winning like this, as the team will think they can continue to play like crap and develop that as a bad habit.

Agreed, we need to play better right from the start without lousy habits.