X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

I Just have to root for Rams and Colts for the Luck Sweepstake

In Rams' case, the top pick will be open for bid. And I'm willing to give the farm for it.

In Colts' case, I think Peyton becomes available - I don't think he'll take it well to keep the seat warm for Luck and Polian is too classy to not grant Manning's wish. I'd do everything in our power to make that trade happen.
  • Mski
    • Mar 2006

Re: I Just have to root for Rams and Colts for the Luck Sweepstake

if the bengals were able to get possibly 2 1st for palmer, i want nothing to do with trading up for luck, or manning
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
      And I'm willing to give the farm for it.

In Colts' case, I think Peyton becomes available - I don't think he'll take it well to keep the seat warm for Luck and Polian is too classy to not grant Manning's wish. I'd do everything in our power to make that trade happen .
      You would but Nix wont.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
        In Colts' case, I think Peyton becomes available - I don't think he'll take it well to keep the seat warm for Luck and Polian is too classy to not grant Manning's wish. I'd do everything in our power to make that trade happen.
        Why wouldn't he take it well having Luck under him? It makes more sense the other way around that Luck wouldn't wanna sit under Manning.

I've said before I don't follow the kid or know too much, but I can assume he wants to be able to come in and be the starting guy like Newton did this season.

However if I were him and went to Indy, I'd sit under Peyton for a couple of seasons and love it. Get acquainted with the game. Learn from one of the best QBs in the league today and possibly ever.

Then Peyton gets hurt and Luck takes over. We pick up Peyton i.e. Bledsoe, and his career dies in Buffalo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

the colts would love to have Peyton 2.0 and who better to teach him than Peyton 1.0
          sacrifice1

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mski
            if the bengals were able to get possibly 2 1st for palmer, i want nothing to do with trading up for luck, or manning
            Dalton is far from Luck but I think the Bengals could do better things with Dalton and two #1s than they would with Luck. In terms of the Bills, I think if we could find a legitimate pass rusher things could turn around quickly if we can keep Fitz away from pressure and retain him, Stevie and Freddie.
            Last edited by The Jokeman; 10-19-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Said it befor and Ill say it again, somebody will Ditka their draft to get Luck.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Said it befor and Ill say it again, somebody will Ditka their draft to get Luck.

Panthers
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

With the Colts, it has nothing to do with Manning wanting to be a tutor or not to Luck. The Colts negotiated their new deal with Manning to where they can cut him after the season and not owe him anymore money. However, if they don't cut him by a certain point after the season, they owe him $20+ million and his contract going forward. If they have the No. 1 pick and choose Luck, there is a good chance they'll just cut bait with Manning to save all that cash, and move on with Luck.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Judging by the MO of each team's FO, who will likely be that team?

Miami, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Dallas, Washington, San Francisco, and Seattle are all in play.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

I think it's a total fallacy that veteran QBs mentor the teams top draft pick. makes no sense to. Why would the starting QB want to help make the new kid better, knowing that when he is, he's taking his job?
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

If not for the Romo contract the Cowboys seem like a team that could. Yet I can't see the Dolphins giving up the top spot of the draft.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

You know Luck doesn't have to come out this year. If the Colts end up with the first pick, Luck could just play another year at Stanford. And if I'm Andrew Luck I would just go back to Stanford then put myself in an awkward position and be stuck behind Manning for 2-3 years.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by imbondz
                            I think it's a total fallacy that veteran QBs mentor the teams top draft pick. makes no sense to. Why would the starting QB want to help make the new kid better, knowing that when he is, he's taking his job?
                            To pass on his Legacy. That said you're right in today's NFL that isn't likely going to happen. Yet today's NFL might be different than yesterdays NFL due to the new CBA teams might take longer to develop QBs and that's why we saw as many QBs taken in Round 1 this past year.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                              To pass on his Legacy. That said you're right in today's NFL that isn't likely going to happen. Yet today's NFL might be different than yesterdays NFL due to the new CBA teams might take longer to develop QBs and that's why we saw as many QBs taken in Round 1 this past year.
                              So Rodgers is Favres legacy. I just don't think it ever works that way
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X