PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans hopes to play again this season

Mr. Miyagi
10-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Ravens receiver Lee Evans (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/26/lee-evans), who has been dealing for weeks with an ankle injury, has provided an ominous assessment of his short-term status.
Per Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times, Evans said he hopes to play again this season (http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/blogs/sports/ravens/ravens-lee-evans-expects-to-return-this-season/article_852cc1dc-fa73-11e0-8728-001cc4c002e0.html). Which implies that his return could still be weeks away.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/lee-evans-says-he-hopes-to-play-again-this-season/

That 4th rounder we got for him isn't looking so bad now.

Once again - IN NIX WE TRUST

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Who knows if he would have gotten injured if we kept him?

Joe Fo Sho
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM
One of the few ex-Bills I will always root for.

The Jokeman
10-19-2011, 02:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/lee-evans-says-he-hopes-to-play-again-this-season/

That 4th rounder we got for him isn't looking so bad now.

Once again - IN NIX WE TRUST
It is but it isn't. I mean that 4th Rounder has yet to produce anything for the Bills where one could argue despite only playing only 1 game Lee has produced something for the Ravens.

One of the few ex-Bills I will always root for.
Why? He gave up on this team but was smart enough not to tell the media about it? I'll respect Evans' play and admit having his jersey but in the same vein he was a one trick pony and will always compare him to Terry Glenn.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Why? He gave up on this team but was smart enough not to tell the media about it? I'll respect Evans' play and admit having his jersey but in the same vein he was a one trick pony and will always compare him to Terry Glenn.

He gave up? First time I'm hearing this.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Small-ish receivers relying on speed and over 30, Geez, why did he get hurt and taking long time to heal now?

I know there are exceptions, but if you are running a team, you go with the odds that maximize your team.

On a separate note, I'm still concerned about Jackson at the rate we are using him. He IS the best offensive player we have without question though ...

Pinkerton Security
10-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I might be in the minority but I think we'd be a better team right now with Lee on the team. Donald Jones is a POS.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I might be in the minority but I think we'd be a better team right now with Lee on the team. Donald Jones is a POS.
I think we'd be a better team too but don't think Donald is a POS

Ginger Vitis
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
He gave up? First time I'm hearing this.

Lee never publicly said he gave up but over the course of time he appeared to become more disinterested and and my guess is he mentally checked out on the team and the Bills organization

ddaryl
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Evans was a quality person, and I enjoyed his time here as a Bill..

I don't miss him though.

The Jokeman
10-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Jones' is a solid depth WR and might develop into the #2 role we've been putting him at in a year or two. David Nelson is also developing nicely to as but what this team does lack a legimate threat not named Stevie in the passing game. Lee Evans wasn't this type either as he's like Jones in great on deep routes but not a guy that could throw to on every 3rd down and expect to keep a drive alive which Stevie can do for the most part. As good as Chandler's been in the redzone if we could find or a quality move the chains/3rd down weapon TE like a Rob Gronkowski/Jason Witten this team could be scary good on offense.

Crisis
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
I love Lee but being 4-2 kind of takes the sting out of that trade.

Will always be one of my favorite, pure class act.

Pinkerton Security
10-19-2011, 02:56 PM
I think we'd be a better team too but don't think Donald is a POS

well hes not very good, lets put it that way. The NE game was the only day he had done much of anything.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Lee never publicly said he gave up but over the course of time he appeared to become more disinterested and and my guess is he mentally checked out on the team and the Bills organization
how was he disinterested? He was there for their unofficial OTa's. Even his teammates reacted in a favorable way to Lee when he got traded. I think you guys are making assumptions just because he's no longer a bill.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
well hes not very good, lets put it that way. The NE game was the only day he had done much of anything.
too early IMo to say he's a POS. I dont think anyone would have really had great nos. because Fitz likes to spread the ball around and lets face it, Fitz isn't a great deep throw qb. It's to Fitz's advantage if he has a wr who is big and can jump for balls since he's not acurate with the deep ball.

Joe Fo Sho
10-19-2011, 02:59 PM

What happened? Where are these facts coming from?

The guy was all class here. He was on an ass team for almost his entire career. He never bad mouthed the team, the city, or any individual player. I don't recall anyone on the team saying a bad word about him. He was one of the most exciting Bills players when the team was sooo damned boring.

Even if he did request a trade... **** happens. He's not the first to do it, won't be the last. He did it the right way, and I actually think he deserved to be traded for what he did for this team. He did everything that was asked of him, and when he asked the Bills for a favor (alledgedly) they gave it to him.

The Jokeman
10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
how was he disinterested? He was there for OTa's. Even his teammates reacted in a favorable way to Lee. I think you guys are making assumptions just because he's no longer a bill.
The guy for whatever reason never developed chemistry with guys like Edwards and Fitzpatrick both of whom I deem as better QBs than JP and everyone knows that Evans played best with.

What happened? Where are these facts coming from?

The guy was all class here. He was on an ass team for almost his entire career. He never bad mouthed the team, the city, or any individual player. I don't recall anyone on the team saying a bad word about him. He was one of the most exciting Bills players when the team was sooo damned boring.

Even if he did request a trade... **** happens. He's not the first to do it, won't be the last. He did it the right way, and I actually think he deserved to be traded for what he did for this team. He did everything that was asked of him, and when he asked the Bills for a favor (alledgedly) they gave it to him.
Maybe if he did bad mouth the team or speak up the owner or management would have done something? I respect Lee but in the same vein he wasn't the great player on the field that some make him out to be is all I'm saying.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
The guy for whatever reason never developed chemistry with guys like Edwards and Fitzpatrick both of whom I deem as better QBs than JP and everyone knows that Evans played best with.

anyone who ran more than 5 yards never had chemistry with Trent eept for TE's first year. As for Fitz he admitted he had early chemistry with Stevie because htey played on the 2nd team together but Fitz leading into camp said he could throw to Lee with his eyes closed. Anyways, that still doesnt mean he gave up on the team. Nobody on the team implied that other than posters here.

The Jokeman
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
anyone who ran more than 5 yards never had chemistry with Trent eept for TE's first year. As for Fitz he admitted he had early chemistry with Stevie because htey played on the 2nd team together but Fitz leading into camp said he could throw to Lee with his eyes closed. Anyways, that still doesnt mean he gave up on the team. Nobody on the team implied that other than posters here.
Again I'm just stating that Evans isn't the superior player some posters feel he was. Of course I say the same thing of Jim Kelly so maybe I just underrate our players and/or rate players differently than most do.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Again I'm just stating that Evans isn't the superior player some posters feel he was. Of course I say the same thing of Jim Kelly so maybe I just underrate our players and/or rate players differently than most do.

I'm not arguing whether he was superior, just wondering where you got the info that he give up on the team.

mayotm
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
I might be in the minority but I think we'd be a better team right now with Lee on the team. Donald Jones is a POS.It's fine if you don't think he's a good player. However, is it really necessary to call him a POS. I certainly haven't heard anything about him being a bad team guy or getting in trouble off the field. What am I missing? Why is he a POS?

Philagape
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
It is but it isn't. I mean that 4th Rounder has yet to produce anything for the Bills where one could argue despite only playing only 1 game Lee has produced something for the Ravens.

The same could be said if they had gotten five first-round picks.

Philagape
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM

Well, Lee WAS on the team last year ... are they better or worse?

The Jokeman
10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm not arguing whether he was superior, just wondering where you got the info that he give up on the team.
Evans never came across to me as a player on the field that would fight for a ball or do what it take to take a hard hit etc. Maybe because that wasn't his style of play or maybe because he was around inferior talent. I know I'll be chastised with the following comment but give me a team with a TO, Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson and/or Michael Irvin over a Lee Evans and I'm happier as to me elite players show on the field and show more of it off the field even when it's deemed as "bad mouthing" a team and/or teammmates. Instead I see it as constructive criticism.

The Jokeman
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
The same could be said if they had gotten five first-round picks.
with our recent draft history we might be better suited with the 4th versus the five 1st rounders.

justasportsfan
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Evans never came across to me as a player on the field that would fight for a ball or do what it take to take a hard hit etc. Maybe because that wasn't his style of play or maybe because he was around inferior talent. I know I'll be chastised with the following comment but give me a team with a TO, Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson and/or Michael Irvin over a Lee Evans and I'm happier as to me elite players show on the field and show more of it off the field even when it's deemed as "bad mouthing" a team and/or teammmates. Instead I see it as constructive criticism.

do you even watch the games? He was our best blocker. There are several videos out there where Lee comes back to tackle a defender from running the ball back for a TD.

Of course I would take those qb's you mentioned over Lee. They are bigger which is what Gailey preffered and why they let Lee go but that still has nothing to do about Lee giving up. Lee's teammates loved him and no offense but I'll take what they say over what a mb poster thinks.

psubills62
10-19-2011, 03:32 PM
And now Jones is our best blocking WR. One of the reasons he became the starter.

Pinkerton Security
10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
It's fine if you don't think he's a good player. However, is it really necessary to call him a POS. I certainly haven't heard anything about him being a bad team guy or getting in trouble off the field. What am I missing? Why is he a POS?

guys take it easy. Im sure hes a fine human being, I am not slamming his character. He just hasnt done anything that makes me think hes remotely close to being capable of being a legit #2 in the NFL.

Pinkerton Security
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM

Oh sorry, didnt realize the only thing that has changed since last year was not having Lee on the team.

Philagape
10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh sorry, didnt realize the only thing that has changed since last year was not having Lee on the team.

Same coach, same QB, same RBs, same other WRs (except they're getting more chances with Lee not bring there), mostly the same line.

stuckincincy
10-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Pfft.

BAL's Flacco has always bounced back and forth between being a good QB and a stiff.

Doesn't matter.

Pinkerton Security
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Same coach, same QB, same RBs, same other WRs (except they're getting more chances with Lee not bring there), mostly the same line.

so your theory on the leap we've made between last year and this year is no Lee Evans? Thats the big factor?

Philagape
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
so your theory on the leap we've made between last year and this year is no Lee Evans? Thats the big factor?

I was responding to your theory that the Bills would be better off with Evans.

He's not the "big" factor, but I think it was helpful for a WR who wasn't suited for the offense to make way for those who are.

better days
10-19-2011, 04:49 PM

JP was MUCH BETTER throwing long than Trent or Fitz.

better days
10-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Well, last year was the BEGINING. This year everyone should know this offense, last year they were learning it.

Meathead
10-19-2011, 05:51 PM
buddy doesnt even try to win

Mr. Pink
10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
It actually upsets me that Lee is hurt. It lets all of you doubters still sit there saying 'wish he was still here' and 'he got a bum rap here' and 'see what he can do on a real team'

I hope next year he's fully healthy and you get to see him have another 40 catch 600 yard performance on a "real team" so you can see the dude simply wasn't very good.

John Doe
10-19-2011, 06:26 PM
It actually upsets me that Lee is hurt. It lets all of you doubters still sit there saying 'wish he was still here' and 'he got a bum rap here' and 'see what he can do on a real team'

I hope next year he's fully healthy and you get to see him have another 40 catch 600 yard performance on a "real team" so you can see the dude simply wasn't very good.

Yes, but you forgot his amazing ability to "decoy."

mrbojanglezs
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
seriously you guys are wishing that evans stays hurt so we get better value??

sad, so very sad. Evans is a class act and the reason why he was traded was because he didn't fit the short passing system gailey wanted to use it had nothing to do with him being injury prone.....

Night Train
10-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Nix had nothing to do with it. It was Overdorf the beancounter who ordered the cut.

His salary takes care of all the unsold tickets for the upcoming Dec. games.

sqad5
10-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Yes, but you forgot his amazing ability to "decoy."
hahahaha so true

acehole
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Here is what more fans are saying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related

Jan Reimers
10-20-2011, 09:45 AM
The Bills are better this year for a number of reasons. Lee being gone is not one of them.

Bill Cody
10-20-2011, 10:55 AM
:yawn:

Mr. Pink
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
The Bills are better this year for a number of reasons. Lee being gone is not one of them.

And they're still not worse with him gone as predicted by a myriad of posters.

better days
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM

I think the WR group is worse without Evans, although they are playing well.

I was not mad Evans was traded, I was mad he was traded for a 4th rnd pick. In retrospect, if he does not get healthy SOON, that 4th looks pretty good.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 01:20 PM
in terms of lee checking out, i'd buy that theory. i thought he was the only one not to go workout in arizona.

I don't know if his departure makes a difference one way or the other.

but fitz isn't a wildly accurate guy down the field. and he takes more time loading up the long ball. Evans isn't going to be as useful in that scenario. Fitz likes to put it in an area and have the receiver go get it. without injuries, the bills have bigger receivers that make that possible.

I lost faith in evans two years ago and was ridiculed about it at the time, mostly because there were so many other issues to mock before evans. i wanted to trade him and thought something higher than 4th would be warranted. but looks like a good trade now.

Also, a first rounder shouldn't be considered a number 1 because he potentially blocks well and is a decoy. a #1 receiver picked in the first round needs to be a difference maker. they need touchdowns, they need to keep the sticks moving. he was not that guy for us. is best chance is to become a lofton character.

also, i think he's probably a nice guy and i'm not questioning that at all.

justasportsfan
10-20-2011, 01:31 PM
in terms of lee checking out, i'd buy that theory. i thought he was the only one not to go workout in arizona.

Neither Parrish nor Spiller were there. THey probably wanted out too?

Jan Reimers
10-20-2011, 01:40 PM
While no one can say for sure if we're better or worse without Lee, I would sure like to see a WR here who could go deep, stretch the field, and keep the defense honest. But I guess that doesn't fit our offense.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM

why are you so sensitive about Evans? Why is it worth saying he's a good blocker and decoy when you know simply from where he was drafted he has to be much better than that?

I get that he's a good guy, but the production was not there the last couple years. even with fitz as qb last year. scott chandler is a stud on a fitz lead team. Jones made some great catches before the injury. and in most cases, we'd upgrade those two guys in a heart beat if there was someone out there in this year's draft. why does evans get a pass?

Bill Cody
10-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Is it a coincidence that Evans and Parish didn't go to AZ and both got ankle injuries? Maybe, maybe not, impossible to know.

justasportsfan
10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
why are you so sensitive about Evans? Why is it worth saying he's a good blocker and decoy when you know simply from where he was drafted he has to be much better than that?

I get that he's a good guy, but the production was not there the last couple years. even with fitz as qb last year. scott chandler is a stud on a fitz lead team. Jones made some great catches before the injury. and in most cases, we'd upgrade those two guys in a heart beat if there was someone out there in this year's draft. why does evans get a pass?

so sensitive? Just because I reply to a post making assumptions I'm sensitive? I also defended Jones , does that mean I'm sensitive?

I dont care if you're AJ green, when you have a Trent and dick Jauron , you're not going anywhere. Where was Stevie when Dick and Trent were around?

better days
10-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Why can you not acknowledge the fact Evans had Trent Edwards at QB for 18 of those games & Fitz who had been used to practicing with Stevie & the other 2nd string WR's for the rest? NO WR would have put up numbers with that.

Bill Cody
10-20-2011, 04:37 PM
so sensitive? Just because I reply to a post making assumptions I'm sensitive?

You seem a little sensitive about being told you're sensitive.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Why can you not acknowledge the fact Evans had Trent Edwards at QB for 18 of those games & Fitz who had been used to practicing with Stevie & the other 2nd string WR's for the rest? NO WR would have put up numbers with that.

because other great receivers have gone to post decent numbers with bad quarterbacks. eric moulds still had great numbers and big time catches with some really mediocre QB's. he was willing to go across the middle.

evans had 14 games with fitz last year. it still didn't look any better.

i call justa sensitive because whenever he is quick to defend a bad player, i must give him crap about it. Then he responds about how i can't read...then i make fun of the player some more. This is the circle of Life <insert me hoisting a baby lion above my head>

Philagape
10-20-2011, 04:56 PM

Because it's a very small factor. And because it doesn't say anything about the real issue, which is Evans' limited skills.

You really think that Fitz would not throw to a actual stud WR because he was used to practicing with other WRs? That's bonehead reasoning.

And Trap, I think you'll notice a correlation here between Evans' most fervent defenders and who previously defended his favorite, fellow one-note QB. It all goes back to that. They play favorites and stick with them even after the real world has moved on.

Philagape
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
And defending said QB pretty much disqualifies anyone from any kind of credible football analysis or talent evaluation for the rest of their lives.

better days
10-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Because it's a very small factor. And because it doesn't say anything about the real issue, which is Evans' limited skills.

You really think that Fitz would not throw to a actual stud WR because he was used to practicing with other WRs? That's bonehead reasoning.

And Trap, I think you'll notice a correlation here between Evans' most fervent defenders and who previously defended his favorite, fellow one-note QB. It all goes back to that. They play favorites and stick with them even after the real world has moved on.

The QB is a very small factor?????? REALLY??????? DELUSIONAL, ABSOLUTELY.

Philagape
10-20-2011, 05:11 PM
The QB is a very small factor?????? REALLY???????

In this case, absolutely correct.

Fitz is the first real QB Evans had in his career, so if anything he should have done best with him. If he can't, the problem was Evans, not the QB.

Goobylal
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Would Evans have been injured if he hadn't been traded? Because right now, the deal looks like a steal for the Bills while the Ravens are having buyer's remorse.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
For evans to prosper, or a receiver like him, he needs a true number 1 to let him do his thing. or he has to be a unique talent like a randy moss. Evans isn't that talented. Fast for sure, but he's going to benefit from a solid possession receiver that requires help.

Double covering a go receiver is easier.

I do see that convincing the world that evans was better than he was is a way to protect losman, but for themost part i think everyone has ditched the losman/edwards debate. It is mathieson/ferragamo debate. Who is better between them? not sure, don't care.

better days
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
In this case, absolutely correct.

Fitz is the first real QB Evans had in his career, so if anything he should have done best with him. If he can't, the problem was Evans, not the QB.

Well except for the fact Fitz did not work out with Evans during training camp. Trent did. You either are an Evans hater & refuse to acknowledge facts or you know nothing about football.

justasportsfan
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
because other great receivers have gone to post decent numbers with bad quarterbacks. eric moulds still had great numbers and big time catches with some really mediocre QB's. he was willing to go across the middle.

evans had 14 games with fitz last year. it still didn't look any better.
who is talking about Lee being great? I was merely asking about how anyone can think that he gave up on the team without anything to back it up .

Moulds would've sucked under Dick and Trent just like TO did.

i call justa sensitive because whenever he is quick to defend a bad player, i must give him crap about it. Then he responds about how i can't read...then i make fun of the player some more. This is the circle of Life <insert me hoisting a baby lion above my head>

you defended Trent for years.Talk about defending a bad player.

justasportsfan
10-20-2011, 05:41 PM
For evans to prosper, or a receiver like him, he needs a true number 1 to let him do his thing. or he has to be a unique talent like a randy moss. Evans isn't that talented. Fast for sure, but he's going to benefit from a solid possession receiver that requires help.

Double covering a go receiver is easier.

I do see that convincing the world that evans was better than he was is a way to protect losman, but for themost part i think everyone has ditched the losman/edwards debate. It is mathieson/ferragamo debate. Who is better between them? not sure, don't care.
there is one common denominator with all the names you mentioned. They all were ruined by Jauron. Theres no knowing how good they could have been even Trent who i liked early in his career.

Philagape
10-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Well except for the fact Fitz did not work out with Evans during training camp. Trent did. You either are an Evans hater & refuse to acknowledge facts or you know nothing about football.

So if the Bills brought in, say, Mike Wallace or Larry Fitzgerald, Fitz wouldn't throw to them because he's used to his guys?
He clicked OK with Owens despite not practicing with him in camp. He's good enough and smart enough to click with WRs who are good enough to click with him.
Fitz clicks with the receivers he has now because they're versatile. Evans never would have had big numbers with him, no matter how much time they had together. Because he's not that good. That's the reality. If don't you think so, you're certainly in no position to judge others' football knowledge.

better days
10-20-2011, 06:22 PM
So if the Bills brought in, say, Mike Wallace or Larry Fitzgerald, Fitz wouldn't throw to them because he's used to his guys?
He clicked OK with Owens despite not practicing with him in camp. He's good enough and smart enough to click with WRs who are good enough to click with him.
Fitz clicks with the receivers he has now because they're versatile. Evans never would have had big numbers with him, no matter how much time they had together. Because he's not that good. That's the reality. If don't you think so, you're certainly in no position to judge others' football knowledge.

Well, is it the fact that Evans is a one trick pony & can only go long as has been said many times on this board or the fact Fitz can't throw the long ball very well or a combination of the two?

It doesn't really matter at this point. If Evans gets healthy again, I have confidence Falco will get the ball to him. Nobody knows if or when that will happen however.

zone
10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Evans is irrelevant and has been for going on 3 years.

Philagape
10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, is it the fact that Evans is a one trick pony & can only go long as has been said many times on this board or the fact Fitz can't throw the long ball very well or a combination of the two?

It doesn't really matter at this point. If Evans gets healthy again, I have confidence Falco will get the ball to him. Nobody knows if or when that will happen however.

Fitz threw the long ball OK to Owens, and Johnson, and Jones. He's not the problem.
And even asking if the problem is a QB who doesn't throw the long ball shows that Evans is a one-trick pony. A well-rounded receiver would still be productive if that element was taken away, and you wouldn't have to think that was the problem.

better days
10-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Fitz threw the long ball OK to Owens, and Johnson, and Jones. He's not the problem.
And even asking if the problem is a QB who doesn't throw the long ball shows that Evans is a one-trick pony. A well-rounded receiver would still be productive if that element was taken away, and you wouldn't have to think that was the problem.

Again, you are just an Evans hater or don't know football. Fitz is not good at the long ball & EVERYONE KNOWS that.

I don't care if Evans can't or won't go over the middle. he has good hands, good speed & scores touchdowns when the ball is thrown to him. FEW WR's in the NFL have Evans speed when he is healthy.

Philagape
10-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Again, you are just an Evans hater or don't know football. Fitz is not good at the long ball & EVERYONE KNOWS that.

Was it someone else who threw a 98-yard touchdown to Owens?

Or the bomb that Stevie dropped against the Steelers?

Or the 48-yard pass to Jones against the Pats?

You either aren't watching the games, or you think you know way more than you do. I vote for the latter.

For example, you probably didn't know that Fitz completed a third of his passes over 30 yards in the air last year (6-18). Exact same percentage as Aaron Rodgers (8-24). Better than Drew Brees (8-26) and Peyton Manning (8-25). He's just a little off that pace at 4-15 this year.
You definitely didn't know that in the last two years, Fitz completed 31 percent of his passes (10-32) that went more than 30 yards in the air.
How good is that? Well, let's compare it to a QB who you think is good at the long ball: JP Losman's career percentage at that distance is 27 percent (17-63). In his last two years, it was just 16 percent (3-19)!

Yup, Fitz's long ball is more accurate than JP's was. You obviously didn't know that. Looks like you're the only one who "knows" what you're saying.
Seems that you think being good at the long ball means how far a QB can throw it (just like you think being a deep threat is all about speed. In that case, let's just sign Usain Bolt). If that's what you think, well again, you are laughably unqualified to determine what anyone knows about football.

warsawbassman
10-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Who cares.............Evans is not here anymore. And when he was, what did he ever help us win? Move on people.

better days
10-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Was it someone else who threw a 98-yard touchdown to Owens?

Or the bomb that Stevie dropped against the Steelers?

Or the 48-yard pass to Jones against the Pats?

You either aren't watching the games, or you think you know way more than you do. I vote for the latter.

For example, you probably didn't know that Fitz completed a third of his passes over 30 yards in the air last year (6-18). Exact same percentage as Aaron Rodgers (8-24). Better than Drew Brees (8-26) and Peyton Manning (8-25). He's just a little off that pace at 4-15 this year.
You definitely didn't know that in the last two years, Fitz completed 31 percent of his passes (10-32) that went more than 30 yards in the air.
How good is that? Well, let's compare it to a QB who you think is good at the long ball: JP Losman's career percentage at that distance is 27 percent (17-63). In his last two years, it was just 16 percent (3-19)!

Yup, Fitz's long ball is more accurate than JP's was. You obviously didn't know that. Looks like you're the only one who "knows" what you're saying.
Seems that you think being good at the long ball means how far a QB can throw it (just like you think being a deep threat is all about speed. In that case, let's just sign Usain Bolt). If that's what you think, well again, you are laughably unqualified to determine what anyone knows about football.

Fitz can throw the ball long but he is INCONSISTANT/ NOT ACCURATE when he does.

Last year & this year, Fitz RARELY threw the ball long under Chan. He throws short to intermediate passes. If you watched the games you would know that.

The numbers you cite include yac. When JP was throwing the long ball to Evans, his ball was in the air at least 30 yds.

In Evans last year in Buffalo, HOW MANY balls did Fitz throw to him? I remember very few. How many did Trent throw to him? I would say fewer still. You are just an Evans HATER.

Philagape
10-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Fitz can throw the ball long but he is INCONSISTANT/ NOT ACCURATE when he does.

I just showed you that he's as consistent as the best QBs in the league and more consistent than your boy.

The numbers you cite include yac. When JP was throwing the long ball to Evans, his ball was in the air at least 30 yds.

No, all the numbers I gave were for ball in the air over 30 yards. Look it up, if you even know how.

If you're not going to read what I post, then you're just making yourself look like a child who closes your eyes and plugs your ears and goes "no no no no no no no!"

better days
10-21-2011, 08:26 AM
I just showed you that he's as consistent as the best QBs in the league and more consistent than your boy.

No, all the numbers I gave were for ball in the air over 30 yards. Look it up, if you even know how.

If you're not going to read what I post, then you're just making yourself look like a child who closes your eyes and plugs your ears and goes "no no no no no no no!"

Well I think it is up to you to provide a link to show those numbers.

You are like a child & refuses to address what I post & starts his own tangent.

AGAIN, tell us how many times Evans has had the ball thrown to him the last two years in Buffalo. You can't catch the ball when it is thrown to someone else.

Philagape
10-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Well I think it is up to you to provide a link to show those numbers.

You are like a child & refuses to address what I post & starts his own tangent.

AGAIN, tell us how many times Evans has had the ball thrown to him the last two years in Buffalo. You can't catch the ball when it is thrown to someone else.

The post I was addressing was you saying Fitz wasn't good at the long ball. And everybody knowing that. :funny:

I'll tell you exactly how many times Evans had the ball thrown to him the last two years (I'm glad you asked!): 177. He caught 81 of those targets for a 45.7 percent rate.
In comparison, Steve Johnson's catch rate was 57.3 last year and is up to 64.7 this year as the No. 1 guy.
No wonder Fitz threw more to the guy who's more likely to catch it, I would too.

All my numbers are ESPN splits. Do your own legwork.

better days
10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
The post I was addressing was you saying Fitz wasn't good at the long ball. And everybody knowing that. :funny:

I'll tell you exactly how many times Evans had the ball thrown to him the last two years (I'm glad you asked!): 177. He caught 81 of those targets for a 45.7 percent rate.
In comparison, Steve Johnson's catch rate was 57.3 last year and is up to 64.7 this year as the No. 1 guy.
No wonder Fitz threw more to the guy who's more likely to catch it, I would too.

All my numbers are ESPN splits. Do your own legwork.

You responded to a number of my posts & always go off on a tangent. The fact is Evans has not had the ball thrown to him in the last two years very often & I remember a number of balls that were thrown to him that were not catchable.

Maybe Stevies catch rate is better because Fitz & Stevie have better chemistry than Fitz did with Lee.

Philagape
10-21-2011, 09:04 AM
It's because Steve is just a better receiver.

better days
10-21-2011, 09:11 AM
It's because Steve is just a better receiver.

Maybe Stevie is a better receiver. I never argued he wasn't. The fact is Stevie & Fitz have spent a lot of time practicing together which no doubt helps their chemistry.

Still, a healthy Lee Evans would be an improvement over any other receiver the Bills now have. If he gets healthy again, he will help the Ravens win games. If not that 4th rnd pick looks much better.