PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: OFV week 6

northernbillfan
10-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Just got back from a great time in the Rocky Mountains. Had to watch the game on lo-def. So blame me. Anyway, here is Kevin's article from this week.

I love that every 4 years that the Bills play the NFC East. For me that means that there are 3 games a year I get to watch from the comfort of my own home. I always keep telling myself that the Bills were their best when I could watch a game in my pajamas as a kid. However, they’ve beaten the Jets a couple times in boring Meadowland affairs, and have gone on for tragic primetime losses to the Cowboys and Patriots while I watched at home. So, technically, watching at home is infinitely worse than watching at Kelly’s. But my general laziness and my lack of enthusiasm for crowds make me continue to hold on to the belief that the Bills are better when I’m at home. Clearly, the Giants and Fitzpatrick were intent to prove me wrong.

I really thought after the Namaan Roosevelt touchdown that the game was over. I thought the Bills had the whole thing wrapped up. The Bills had all the momentum; they had exposed the Giants weak secondary as bad tacklers. Even after the Giants fought to kick a field goal to make it 14-10, the Bills started a drive at their own 23. They ate up clock and moved the ball to the Giants 22. At that point it felt like the Bills were going to score TDs, and the Giants were going to waste time with FGs. I liked that. I liked that a lot.

The next three plays changed the game from a possible blow out to nailbiting shootout where both teams would move the ball with ease. At the 22 yard line, the Bills had first down. As an illustrative point, if they kicked the field goal on 1st and 10 from the 22, it would have been a 40 yard field goal. This is within Fancy I’s automatic range.

Full article on our new and improved front page ( http://www.billszone.com/?p=442)

northernbillfan
10-19-2011, 10:11 PM
You gotta stop breaking your habits. You are killing the team.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
i thought i was doing ok from home. and to be fair, i didn't throw the same interception twice in the same game.