PDA

View Full Version : Philly-Detroit trade might have saved Jerome Harrisons life

FlyingDutchman
10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
As Philadelphia Eagles doctors were giving newly acquired running back Jerome Harrison his physical, they discovered a brain tumor that nullified a trade with the Detroit Lions, according to two league sources.

The trade might have actually saved Harrison's life, the sources said. Without the deal being made, Harrison would not have undergone a physical. The tumor is now being treated, according to sources.

Harrison could not be reached for comment.

The Eagles would have sent running back Ronnie Brown to the Lions in exchange for Harrison and an undisclosed pick in the 2013 NFL draft. Brown arrived in Detroit but never got to practice Wednesday.

Harrison is not expected to play again this season, but his long-term prognosis both for life and his football career appear to be good, sources said. He is visiting with more doctors Thursday.

The voided trade has left the Lions with major issues at running back because star running back Jahvid Best suffered the third concussion of his career in last week's loss to San Francisco.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7127181/jerome-harrison-tumor-which-voided-detroit-lions-philadelphia-eagles-trade-source-says

ddaryl
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
so fortunate.... a blessing in disguise

The King
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
wow. Good thing I picked up Maurice Morris instead of Brown!

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow! Scary, but good to see they found it in time!

DraftBoy
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Best wishes to him.

Buffalogic
10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Shocking and devastating. I feel so bad for Jerome wow. Worst 2 days ever. I hope he beats it

RoscoeMagic
10-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I agree. Living in Philly can kill anyone.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Shocking and devastating. I feel so bad for Jerome wow. Worst 2 days ever. I hope he beats it

Geez, are you Jerome Harris' brother or something?

Forward_Lateral
10-21-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't feel bad for him, I feel glad for him. If they hadn't have found it, he'd probably be dead soon. Not being able to play football isn't the end of the world. Dieing is.

It said in the article he'll make a full recovery and probably even play football again in the future. He's very lucky, IMO.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Lucky call for Harrison. Unlucky break for Detroit, but what else is new there?