PDA

View Full Version : WGR550 text Bills hire firm to start $40-100 Million on renovations to stadium

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Bills hire firm to start $40 to $100 million renovation of stadium. Details developing @ www.wgr550.com (http://www.wgr550.com)

Demon
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/138860/37/Bills-Hire-Firm-for-Stadium-Facelift

Skooby
10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhmkPJvUB5dNrA2VYwomLnwdsLYF?slug=ap-bills-future

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
This can't be anything but good news, right?

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Ah, wait, it appears that it's just posturing on Ralph's part. It looks like they are just getting "a quote".

TrEd FTW
10-20-2011, 03:24 PM
This can't be anything but good news, right?

Half and half. Making the taxpayers pay is bad news, but obviously the team plays on staying - that's the good news.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
i don't think the NFL cares if they make a town pay $XX and then screw them by picking up and leaving.

without an actual stadium deal that screws them if they move, it won't mean much.

erie county should give the bills everything they want in the deal, but lock them into a contract that says if they leave, they'll pay a randsom that essentially turns into a tax rebate for the residents of Erie county for 20 years.

better days
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Half and half. Making the taxpayers pay is bad news, but obviously the team plays on staying - that's the good news.

Well, I think it is a good thing that some of the tax payer money gets funneled back into Western NY. The LIONS share always goes downstate. About time Buffalo gets some tax dollars.

better days
10-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Ah, wait, it appears that it's just posturing on Ralph's part. It looks like they are just getting "a quote".

There has to be a quote before a contract can be awarded.

psubills62
10-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, the work hasn't been contracted out yet and probably won't be for a little while. They're just doing a study to see how much it would cost for now.

trapezeus
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
i would love to see what fan friendly things they do. i can't imagine they can change the concessions around too much or add any sort of restaurant that overlooks the field. the bathrooms definitely need some help.

it would make too much sense to add like 3 to 5 more gates to make getting in and out much easier.

better days
10-20-2011, 05:35 PM
i would love to see what fan friendly things they do. i can't imagine they can change the concessions around too much or add any sort of restaurant that overlooks the field. the bathrooms definitely need some help.

it would make too much sense to add like 3 to 5 more gates to make getting in and out much easier.

One article said they may add resturants & restrooms outside the stadium to enhance the tailgate experience. In other words the resturants will make money.

JD
10-20-2011, 05:47 PM
One article said they may add resturants & restrooms outside the stadium to enhance the tailgate experience. In other words the resturants will make money.

You mean WONT*?

Hey lets get ****faced and go puke in that new restaurant!

better days
10-20-2011, 05:53 PM
You mean WONT*?

I think they are talking more like refreshment stands than real resturants, but who knows. A real resturant might be a good option in freezing/rainy weather before the game starts.

PromoTheRobot
10-20-2011, 05:55 PM

Lets wait until their report before we mock it.

They aren't going to tear the stadium up for 50 to100 million. They can't modify the structure but they could do a lot with what's there.

Ptr

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
found this on a Google search it's from 2006 talking about renovations to RWS...

Nov. 1--The Buffalo Bills plan to move their Ralph Wilson Stadium press box to
the corner of one end zone and replace it with some kind of premium seating in
time for the 2008 season, Bills officials confirmed Tuesday. The new seats and
press box relocation, part of a proposed $20 million package of state-funded
improvements to the stadium, will help the Bills maximize their revenues, team
officials say. The move would create new, high-priced, sideline premium seating
and replace one of the four original indoor club sections, which always have
been a tough sell in the refurbished stadium. The press box would be moved to
the Red Zone …

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-153724103.html

Scumbag College
10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
A pee trough every ten feet!

Philagape
10-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Interesting tidbit:

The study is being overseen by Populous principal partner Scott Radecic

Historian
10-21-2011, 05:40 AM
They should turn the old Admin building into a hotel, with a museum, and put a lid on the place!

DesertFox24
10-21-2011, 06:59 AM
The key to the article that I read was the bills were looking at revenue generating upgrades.

I went to the bills at packers game last year and the bills will hopefully use the packers upgrades as a model.

The packers have their own packer hall of fame outlining the history of the team, players, etc....

The also due stadium tours and part of the tour is walking out of the home team tunnel with simulated noise and onto the field, it was pretty cool.

The other thing that I liked the best and could see the most return would be a sports bar that is open all year long. It was great because after the game we went in there tasted some local brew and watched the first half and some of the 3rd quarter of the 4pm games and then left and there was no traffic.

This is all revenue for the team an no one else, also it employees some locals for the tours, the bar, and the hall of fame so it is a win win.

The pack also upgraded the coaches, front office, and player facilities.

stuckincincy
10-21-2011, 08:44 AM
It looked fine the last time I was there - 1973. :bigwave:

I don't know how the concession stands are, but Pgh's Three Rivers had the best design I've seen.

Cafeteria-style. They had 2 lanes, right and left, with a railing. So you just lined up and funneled through.

You would pick up any size tray you wanted, and grab what you wanted. There were folks that were constantly filling cups of beer and soda and putting them on an open counter. Then you'd slide your tray round the bend, and pay the cashier on your side of the stand.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
You mean WONT*?

Hey, let's not drink. Ever think of that? Who said alcohol and football are inseparable?!

OpIv37
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Who said alcohol and football are inseparable?!

Everyone but you.

DrGraves
10-21-2011, 01:01 PM
i just don't understand how the gap is $40 to $100 mil.... wtf kind of estimate is that lol

Forward_Lateral
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Has the state approved funding?

hydro
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM

How could they if they don't even have a number to approve?

TacklingDummy
10-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Tax dollars should not be used. Unless they plan out cutting it out of social service programs.

better days
10-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Tax dollars should not be used. Unless they plan out cutting it out of social service programs.

Football is a social service. Or maybe you would rather they use tax dollars to install red light cameras or pay for some amenities improvement in the NYC subway.

Ed
10-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Why not? The article says the state earns $20 million a year in taxes from the Bills. It's an investment in something they profit off of. It's not a hand out.

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2011, 06:02 AM
How could they if they don't even have a number to approve?

My point exactly. This is all posturing, at this point of the game. The title is mis-leading. They aren't starting any renovations. They are getting an idea of what it will cost. That's it. People are assuming that this is going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I want it to, just as much as anyone, but the state can easily tell RW to go f himself when he comes with his hand out for 100 million.

hydro
10-22-2011, 10:36 AM
My point exactly. This is all posturing, at this point of the game. The title is mis-leading. They aren't starting any renovations. They are getting an idea of what it will cost. That's it. People are assuming that this is going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I want it to, just as much as anyone, but the state can easily tell RW to go f himself when he comes with his hand out for 100 million.

Well actually I think it might be the county that is looking into this just as much as the Bills. Seeing as Erie County owns the stadium. Obviously they have to be somewhat on board.

ublinkwescore
10-22-2011, 08:19 PM
fitzpatrick is putting asses in seats. that's why this is happening.