• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bang or Bucks: Pick One

Place your bid on only one of these ladies and make sure you type their name in the subject line of your PM... dont be a dick. Sunday at 8

Stephanie McMahon

OR

Jennifer Garner
    Last edited by The King; 10-21-2011, 07:44 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Bang or Bucks: Pick One

I hate that Garner is with Affleck as I can't stand him on so many levels. Ms McMahon has her father's fortune going for and yeah not much more.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 10-21-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Jennifer Garner

25,001 WINNER YardRat

Stephanie McMahon
      35,000 WINNER BLeonard
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• BLeonard
        BoB Sabermetrician
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
        Stephanie McMahon
        35,000 WINNER BLeonard
        Cash and Pic sent.

-Bill

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

Gardner for 25 and Steph for 35 seems like a typo.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EricStratton
            Gardner for 25 and Steph for 35 seems like a typo.
            Maybe some were factoring getting part of the McMahon fortune with Stephanie but even so the numbers do see off. Oh and I have to say boo to Yardie!!!

Comment

• BLeonard
              BoB Sabermetrician
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman
              Maybe some were factoring getting part of the McMahon fortune with Stephanie but even so the numbers do see off. Oh and I have to say boo to Yardie!!!
              Well, I can't speak for YardRat, but I can tell you why I bid $35k on Stephanie...

1: Personally, I've always had a thing for her.
              2: I figured more bids would be placed on Garner.

3: At the time of the bid, I only had $35k left under my cap. I figured with a bid of $35k, I'd likely be overbidding. But, again, I had a thing for her and, even if I had bid just $25k for her, that would have left me with only $10k in cap space... Since the lowest priced card to date is $11K, chances are very good that I wouldn't have won another card with the $10K I had. IMO, no sense in having a small sum under the cap that would basically go to waste.

Of course now, with me unloading Prepon and Fischer, I have $60k left under the cap and wish I had only bid the $25k on Stephanie... But, I didn't know that at the time...

Also, I would have been more upset if I bid $25k and lost her than overbid at $35k. At least if someone had bid over the $35k and beat me, I know that I did everything I could cap-wise to get her.

-Bill
              Last edited by BLeonard; 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'll pay tonight after work.

The pic in the op with the gray cami is good for me.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Blen let the mules out and bringing a fresh batch of mules in.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Paid.

Originally posted by [B
                    EricStratton[/B]]Gardner for 25 and Steph for 35 seems like a typo.
                    I thought so also, kind of.

I went into the weekend thinking 25k would have a better shot at getting McMahon and not be in the running for Garner, but in all honesty I felt I'd rather take a chance and lose out on JG than win a bid for one I didn't really want (SM).
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

photo BL?
                      It was all

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

NM got it
                        It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard
                          Well, I can't speak for YardRat, but I can tell you why I bid $35k on Stephanie...

1: Personally, I've always had a thing for her.
                          2: I figured more bids would be placed on Garner.

3: At the time of the bid, I only had $35k left under my cap. I figured with a bid of $35k, I'd likely be overbidding. But, again, I had a thing for her and, even if I had bid just $25k for her, that would have left me with only $10k in cap space... Since the lowest priced card to date is $11K, chances are very good that I wouldn't have won another card with the $10K I had. IMO, no sense in having a small sum under the cap that would basically go to waste.

Of course now, with me unloading Prepon and Fischer, I have $60k left under the cap and wish I had only bid the $25k on Stephanie... But, I didn't know that at the time...

Also, I would have been more upset if I bid $25k and lost her than overbid at $35k. At least if someone had bid over the $35k and beat me, I know that I did everything I could cap-wise to get her.

-Bill
                          Jesus Christ, I thought I over-analyzed everything.

People spend $35,000 in real money on real cars without putting this much analysis into it.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

People spend $35,000 in real money on real cars without putting this much analysis into it.
                            Bill does take the game a bit more seriously than the rest of us do.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

One of Bill's strength's is his analytical/math skills...I don't have any issue with it.

Besides, BorB is much more important than a real car.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X