PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down Bills Scouting Trends

DraftBoy
10-21-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/10/breaking-down-bills-scouting-noting-trends/

Welcome to Week 8 and the midway point of the college football season, from here on out things will get very interesting as conference games become all that much more, rivalry games begin to kickoff, and where every week sometimes National title hopes are either one step closer or dashed completely out.

This is the time of year we live for, but it’s also one of the most important times of the year in terms of scouting, and with the Bills on the bye this week there is good chance they will be doing the same review session we plan to do over the course of this next week.

psubills62
10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Real shocking that they love UNC. Of course, Butch Davis did a tremendous job of getting elite defensive talent there, and defense is still something we need to improve. I'll be interested to see what players on Oregon State and Louisville they might be looking at.

Slightly OT, but I noticed your article on Brian Quick. He sounds like a great fit for Buffalo, despite his possible lack of speed. Think they'll have interest? If we draft late first round (20's or so), is he a possibility?

k-oneputt
10-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Really Oregon St. and Louisville three times ??? I don't mind them scouting those teams but I have an idea for them:

What about Alabama, LSU, and Oklahoma ? You know the three best teams in the country. You might want to check out the Nov.5th game in Bama, you know, the one with NFL players all over the field.

DraftBoy
10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Really Oregon St. and Louisville three times ??? I don't mind them scouting those teams but I have an idea for them:

What about Alabama, LSU, and Oklahoma ? You know the three best teams in the country. You might want to check out the Nov.5th game in Bama, you know, the one with NFL players all over the field.

That will be a game I expect every team to be at. They haven't done much mid-west scouting. ND and Nebraska once, no Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, or OU.

Mostly southeast and west coast.

methos4ever
10-21-2011, 11:23 AM
That will be a game I expect every team to be at. They haven't done much mid-west scouting. ND and Nebraska once, no Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, or OU.

Mostly southeast and west coast.
And don't forget they belong to BLESTO, so they have a scout at nearly every game. I don't get why they can't be at the Oregon States of the NCAA and also scout the others nationally?

DraftBoy
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
And don't forget they belong to BLESTO, so they have a scout at nearly every game. I don't get why they can't be at the Oregon States of the NCAA and also scout the others nationally?

Well these are only the confirmed games I have, with 4-5 regional scouts there is no way I have ever game. I just do the best I can.

Some scouts do two games a weekend if they can go to a small school game near a big school game. One at noon and one at around 7.