PDA

View Full Version : Bills work out 2 DT's

psubills62
10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
The Bills worked out free agent DTs Travis Ivey and Jay Ross.

With DT Kyle Williams (foot) expected to be sidelined 1-2 weeks beyond the Bills' Week 7 bye, one of Ivey or Ross could be signed for depth. Ivey appeared in one game for the Browns a season ago, notching a tackle.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6055/travis-ivey

Ivey's name sounds familiar for some reason.

Williams already being ruled out for the Redskins worries me, and I'm afraid he may not play again until very late this year. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up having to sign someone for the rest of the season.

DraftBoy
10-22-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6055/travis-ivey

Ivey's name sounds familiar for some reason.

Williams already being ruled out for the Redskins worries me, and I'm afraid he may not play again until very late this year. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up having to sign someone for the rest of the season.

Ivey was a massive 34 NT prospect who signed with Miami as a UDFA last year.

Skooby
10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Kyle's injury is going to be ongoing this season, which sucks.

psubills62
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Ivey was a massive 34 NT prospect who signed with Miami as a UDFA last year.
If I remember correctly, Ivey was a guy you wanted Buffalo to sign.

psubills62
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Kyle's injury is going to be ongoing this season, which sucks.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on IR.

T-Long
10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Kyle will not go on IR....he's been playing with the injury all season. He will rest it for a few weeks and be back ready to go. I have no doubts about that at all

psubills62
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Kyle will not go on IR....he's been playing with the injury all season. He will rest it for a few weeks and be back ready to go. I have no doubts about that at all
I think it's going to be more than a few weeks. It's usually a bad sign when a team rules a player out for a game even 5 days before it is played. When they rule him out 1.5-2 weeks in advance, it's really not good.

TigerJ
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
If it's bone spurs, as I heard, the bone spurs are causing constant irritation and inflamation. By keeping off of it, he'll get some relief, but it's tough to keep in footbal shape if you can't practice. I'd almost like to see him have surgery and be done with it, because he's not going to be as effective as he and the Bills want him to be while nursing these bone spurs along.

DraftBoy
10-22-2011, 06:01 PM
If I remember correctly, Ivey was a guy you wanted Buffalo to sign.

Yep, Ross too. Both have good size and Ross has 34 NT experience.

Mahdi
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
I think the thought process at OBD is that if any game is ok to miss its this one. Redskins are a solid team but their OL is not great and we are at home plus they are coming in with a new QB. Plus, this gives KW about 4 weeks of rest for the foot which is huge and could help him finish off the season strong.

psubills62
10-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I think the thought process at OBD is that if any game is ok to miss its this one. Redskins are a solid team but their OL is not great and we are at home plus they are coming in with a new QB. Plus, this gives KW about 4 weeks of rest for the foot which is huge and could help him finish off the season strong.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've replaced about 2-3 OL for their game tomorrow. Not sure how many will be out for our game against them.

Luisito23
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM
They should just promote Jasper from the PS.

psubills62
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
He's no longer on the DL and indications are they don't see him there.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-22-2011, 09:16 PM
according to billsdaily message board, bills sign jay ross to practice squad...

Beebe's Kid
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
With all of the position shifting that this team does, it would seem that maybe Dareus could play some NT, with Carrington in on the end, as well as Troup at NT when MD is outside.

Ed
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
With all of the position shifting that this team does, it would seem that maybe Dareus could play some NT, with Carrington in on the end, as well as Troup at NT when MD is outside.
I'm assuming Troup will take over most of the NT duties if he's healthy. I don't think he's been at full strength yet this year, so they have limited his play. If Kyle Williams is going to miss some games it sure would be nice to at least see what we have in Troup.

The Popcorn
10-24-2011, 05:13 PM

According to acehole, he's going to be one of your offensive tackles.

thenry20
10-25-2011, 05:45 AM
The fact that Jasper is on the team and NOT playing DT is a major surprise to me. Why wasn't he released? Does Gailey really believe he can play OG or OT?

DraftBoy
10-25-2011, 07:05 AM
The fact that Jasper is on the team and NOT playing DT is a major surprise to me. Why wasn't he released? Does Gailey really believe he can play OG or OT?

Coaching staff believes he has a higher upside at OG.

OpIv37
10-25-2011, 07:18 AM

Can we please stop pretending that the Toronto game is a "home" game. I know, it's technically a "home" game and it's better than playing the Skins at FedEx, but still- there's a big difference between a game in Toronto and a game at the Ralph.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Can we please stop pretending that the Toronto game is a "home" game. I know, it's technically a "home" game and it's better than playing the Skins at FedEx, but still- there's a big difference between a game in Toronto and a game at the Ralph.
Toronto is a neutral site, at best.

psubills62
10-26-2011, 01:41 PM
:idunno:

Bills DT Kyle Williams talking of his vague foot injury sounded ominous. That plus info I've heard suggests return for 2011 in serious doubt

per Tim Graham's twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/128794590525407233)