PDA

View Full Version : KC beating the Raiders will help the Bills

Skooby
10-23-2011, 05:05 PM
We need one team to be playoff bound out of that division & have the head to head there for both of those teams.

Billsfan3
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
agreed that helps bills a little bit with bills having the tie breaker over kc

Crisis
10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
agreed that helps bills a little bit with bills having the tie breaker over kc

we have it over oakland too

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Houston beating Tennessee was huge as well...seems as if it will be us vs. the Jets for the Wild Card as the Steelers seem to be on pace for a spot...hopefully the Bengals come down to earth

Mr. Pink
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Holy cow, it's only week 7 it's WAY too early to worry about any of this crap yet.

Billsfan3
10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
ya sorry we got it over oakland to

paladin warrior
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
WOW WTF!!!!:laughing: Both QB are stink and Both got 3 int total is 6 int today.:laughing: And McFadden got hurt his ankle.

YardRat
10-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow 28-0 and two pick-6's.

streetkings01
10-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Our win over the Chiefs is proving to be a quality win.

psubills62
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Can't believe the Chiefs are 3-3.

In the long term, it appears that unless Carson Palmer pulls a great season out of his butt (doubt it), the wild cards will be one of Baltimore/Pittsburgh and either Bills or Jets. Obviously other teams are currently in it, but I've seen way too much inconsistency from teams like Tennessee, Oakland, etc. to expect them to get the wins needed to make the playoffs.

JMO.

JoeMama
10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm not of a mind to start worrying about the playoff race just yet.

We need to take it one game at a time. At this point, maybe we need to take it one play at a time. Our defense is in disarray. Our o-line is thin. Our receivers are thin. Fitz needs to be a little more consistent.

There aren't too many sure things right now. Way too early to start bothering with playoff scenarios.

ddaryl
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
the Bills won't make the playoffs. Our D is not good enough, so tie breakers mean little. Plus it will take everything we have to get to 9 wins this year but it will take 10 to claim the wildcard IMO.---------

justasportsfan
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
The bills should control their own destiny and let the rest of the league sort itself out.

ServoBillieves
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Really frustrates me how lucky the Steelers have gotten with such an easy schedule. The Ravens are a much better team and should win the division, but the Steelers will be in the hunt for the WC.

The Jets pulled out a big win, but San Diego doesn't look as good as they used to in years past. If we can take them out (which I'm going to the game, so they effing better) then that's just another W in the column and a rub in Jest's fans faces. The Pats* as usual are undeniably good and will win the division, but it'll be a tight race in the East, whether it be the Bills, the Jets, or the Bills and the Jets.

I think Sanchez has been found out, and his luck WILL run out soon enough. Their secondary is very good, but Fred Jackson has an answer to that. If Chan is smart, both games against the Jets should be moderately easy to prepare for.

Oakland, KC, San Diego, Denver. Wow. KC came the hell out of nowhere, Oakland deflated like a Hallmark balloon, San Diego (as stated above) isn't the same team but it's an awful division, and Denver's head is so far up Tebow's ass they forget that coaching is keeping them back. I see no wild card here.

The Texans. That's about all I have to say about that division.

The standings will be close at the end of the season when it comes to the Wild Card, but when you have the hardest schedule in the NFL, it's tough not to root for our Buffalo Bills to pull it out and prove everyone wrong.

Ed
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
The Bills are still in the drivers seat for their own destiny, but I don't think it's too early to hope for other teams we may be competing against for a playoff spot to lose. Each game counts the same so the more good teams drop games now, the better off we'll be in December.

I don't think Oakland or KC will end up being in the playoff picture when we get down to the end, but having tie-breakers over both is obviously a plus if they hang in there and we continue to win.

I'm not worried about Cincy. They've got another very winnable game this week at Seattle, but they still have four games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, another game against Houston, and at Tenn. I think they're going to have a tough time finishing above .500.

Baltimore and Pitt worry me because they both have easier schedules, so it's up to the Bills to take care of business against the Jets and try to keep pace with the Pats.

stuckincincy
10-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Really frustrates me how lucky the Steelers have gotten with such an easy schedule. The Ravens are a much better team and should win the division, but the Steelers will be in the hunt for the WC.

The Jets pulled out a big win, but San Diego doesn't look as good as they used to in years past. If we can take them out (which I'm going to the game, so they effing better) then that's just another W in the column and a rub in Jest's fans faces. The Pats* as usual are undeniably good and will win the division, but it'll be a tight race in the East, whether it be the Bills, the Jets, or the Bills and the Jets.

I think Sanchez has been found out, and his luck WILL run out soon enough. Their secondary is very good, but Fred Jackson has an answer to that. If Chan is smart, both games against the Jets should be moderately easy to prepare for.

Oakland, KC, San Diego, Denver. Wow. KC came the hell out of nowhere, Oakland deflated like a Hallmark balloon, San Diego (as stated above) isn't the same team but it's an awful division, and Denver's head is so far up Tebow's ass they forget that coaching is keeping them back. I see no wild card here.

The standings will be close at the end of the season when it comes to the Wild Card, but when you have the hardest schedule in the NFL, it's tough not to root for our Buffalo Bills to pull it out and prove everyone wrong.

stuckincincy
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM

PGH - the Jerome Bettis Victory Tour...the SB win against SEA... :birds: "There's no business like show business."

I watched OAK@KC yesterday. Palmer was put in under bad circumstances - also suffered 3 or 4 easy drops - the OAK receiving corps didn't (evidently) give a thought about coming back into a play. Bad prep by the OAK staff - I'd be sure to have a a guy cut 'n fake upfield near the middle then come back with hands held high given the situation. But no matter; he showed enough to me of what I've seen from him the past several years.

Sad. He's a great guy, and I'd love to see him help OAK after camp time with their bye. But I doubt he has it any from what I saw.

But that staff, HC and on down were abysmal. Boller certainly didn't shine. He's no great shakes, but he only had a few more day's practice with the 1st team that Palmer did.

RB McFadden went down early - ankle? So what.

OAK did a terrible job all around. The team ended up with 14 penalties - (4 were personal fouls). KC got 10 pens - they didn't shine either.

Every now and again, you get the impression that the chief culprit in a loss is the management.

I also watched the 6 -3 victory, CLE over SEA. What a dog that was. I feel bad for folks that forked out $ for such a dull performance by so-called pros.