Of our remaining games, which do you think we win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2slowtogofast
    • Sep 2007

Of our remaining games, which do you think we win?

Just curious we have 10 games left. Lets assume 10 - 6 will get a wild card it might not. It would still be a great season with that record and no playoffs of our last 10 games do you think we can get 6 wins. If so which teams. We have...

Redskins, Jets, Dallas, Miami, Jets, Titans, Chargers, Miami, Denver, NE

I think we have a good chance of winning the following Redskins, both Miami, Chargers, Denver, and Titans.

What do you guys think?
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Of our remaining games, which do you think we win?

Games I expect the bills to win
    Redskins
    Miami
    @Miami
    Denver

Games I think they should win but would not be surprised either way
    Jets
    Titans

Games to determine if they are for real
    @ Cowboys
    @NE
    @Jets
    @Chargers

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I think we can finish with 8 or 9 wins.

I obviously hope to be wrong and finish with more & a wild card slot in the post season.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
        • Sep 2007

I feel hopeful about the cowboys, if Fitz plays like games 1-3 we got a real good shot. I don't think Romo is that good.

Comment

• mayotm
          • Jul 2003

I think the home game against the Jets is going to be the difference between making or not making the playoffs. If they win that game, I think they will go 8 - 0 at home. They could lose all road games except Miami and get to 10 wins. In this scenario, the Bills would be
          8 - 4 in the AFC which would be good for tie breakers.
          Last edited by mayotm; 10-24-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Redskins game is a L. Bills can't win in Toronto or handle the pass rush.

We should beat Miami 2x, and beat Denver, without a problem.

I think we will split with the Jets, with each team winning at home. Titans are looking pretty bad- I don't think they're as easy as Miami, but I'll call it a W. I don't think the Bills can handle Dallas' D so that one's a loss as well.

I don't know what to think about the Chargers game. I'll call it a L as they seem hell-bent on screwing us with that choke-job against the Jets, plus I don't think we can get the pressure on Rivers.

NE- loss. Lightning won't strike twice. Our only prayer is if they rest their starters, and we know from past experience that even that is no guarantee.

That would put us at 9-7

EDIT: bad math on my initial post.
            Last edited by OpIv37; 10-24-2011, 09:46 AM.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              What makes you say that?

They have done pretty well handling the rush this year, except for one game.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

I think we will split with the Jets, with each team winning at home. Titans are looking pretty bad- I don't think they're as easy as Miami, but I'll call it a W. I don't think the Bills can handle Dallas' D so that one's a loss as well.

I don't know what to think about the Chargers game. I'll call it a L as they seem hell-bent on screwing us with that choke-job against the Jets, plus I don't think we can get the pressure on Rivers.

NE- loss. Lightning won't strike twice. Our only prayer is if they rest their starters, and we know from past experience that even that is no guarantee.

That would put us at 8-8.
                I think they beat the Redskins. Also, your math is bad. You have the Bills beating Miami twice, Denver, Tennessee and the Jets once. That's 9 wins.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Whoa, whoa...that first "reason" is far from legit. And the second is blatantly untrue. We didn't do that well against the Giants' pass rush, but we handled the Eagles quite well. Both of those teams entered their games against us leading the league in sacks. And just FYI, both teams averaged more sacks per game in other games than they did against us.

That would put us at 8-8.
                  I agree with the rest of this. Except I think your logic has us at 9 wins (4 + Miami x 2 + Titans + Denver + Jets = 9).

EDIT: Never mind, I see Lecter and mayotm already responded appropriately to your post. I just have to wonder why Op thinks we can't handle a pass rush when we're tied for the league lowest # of sacks allowed this season with 7.
                  Last edited by psubills62; 10-24-2011, 09:35 AM.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                    What makes you say that?

They have done pretty well handling the rush this year, except for one game.
                    None of the teams that we've handled the rush against have as good a rush as the Skins, plus Hairston is out and maybe Bell as well.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                      Whoa, whoa...that first "reason" is far from legit. And the second is blatantly untrue. We didn't do that well against the Giants' pass rush, but we handled the Eagles quite well. Both of those teams entered their games against us leading the league in sacks. And just FYI, both teams averaged more sacks per game in other games than they did against us.
                      It's not far from legit. Having to forfeit a home game to a location that doesn't support them nearly as much as the home crowd does has a psychological effect on the team.

And the Eagles were without Trent Cole, who is probably their best pass rusher. So, the only quality pass rush test we had so far was against the Giants, and we failed miserably.

Originally posted by psubills62
                      I agree with the rest of this. Except I think your logic has us at 9 wins (4 + Miami x 2 + Titans + Denver + Jets = 9).

EDIT: Never mind, I see Lecter and mayotm already responded appropriately to your post. I just have to wonder why Op thinks we can't handle a pass rush when we're tied for the league lowest # of sacks allowed this season with 7.
                      Because with the exception of the Giants, we've played teams with no pass rush.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

It's not far from legit. Having to forfeit a home game to a location that doesn't support them nearly as much as the home crowd does has a psychological effect on the team.
                        Oh really? And you've done the psychological tests yourself to determine this?

And the Eagles were without Trent Cole, who is probably their best pass rusher. So, the only quality pass rush test we had so far was against the Giants, and we failed miserably.
                        Bull. Trent Cole is a good pass rusher, but you're full of it if you think he's their only good pass rusher. How about Jason Babin, who has 7 sacks on the year or Cullen Jenkins who has 5? Cole only has 3 sacks this year of Phildelphia's 18. Darryl Tapp has 2, and he came back for our game.

Because with the exception of the Giants, we've played teams with no pass rush.
                        As I said before, the Giants still got fewer than their average in other games against us.

Also, where are you getting that baloney? Cincinnati has no pass rush? Oakland has no pass rush? They may not have an elite pass rush, but yes, those teams do have pass rush. Oakland and Cincy both have the same personnel that got them studly sack amounts last year and neither are doing that badly this year. Oakland and Cincy are both averaging right about 2.5 sacks a game if you don't include their games against Buffalo. Buffalo let Oakland get 1 sack and Cincy got 2.

We've handled the pass rush just fine. None of the teams we've played have gotten more sacks against us than their per-game average. It's not like we're handling the pass rush perfectly, but we've hardly "failed miserably" or "played teams with no pass rush."
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Night Train
                          I think we can finish with 8 or 9 wins.

I obviously hope to be wrong and finish with more & a wild card slot in the post season.
                          Did you get a chance to catch the Miami game yesterday? There are 2 wins right there without going too far into it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                            Games I expect the bills to win
                            Redskins
                            Miami
                            @Miami
                            Denver

Games I think they should win but would not be surprised either way
                            Jets
                            Titans

Games to determine if they are for real
                            @ Cowboys
                            @NE
                            @Jets
                            @Chargers
                            I totally agree. The Skins, Fins and Broncos have relatively poor QBs, where our lack of a pass rush won't hurt us as badly. Sanchez is no star for the Jets, either, so we should win one of those.

The other teams have good to great veteran QBs, who will most likely capitalize on our nonexistent pass rush.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

To be honest, all our games look pretty winnable to me except for maybe the NE game the last week.

I think losing to the fins or broncos is inexcusable, so that looks like 3 easier wins.

Redskins are starting Beck and lost Hightower. Bills are coming off their bye and should be hungry for a win after the letdown against the Giants. Another win.

Titans are fading. I think we're the better team so another win.

That leaves @DAL, NYJx2, @SD, and @NE. I think we go at least 2-2 against Dallas, NYJ, and SD. So that would put us at 11-4. And the NE game depends on the circumstances.

So I'll say 11-5.

Comment

Working...
                              X