PDA

View Full Version : Williams, Merriman, Bell Out vs. Skins

Night Train
10-25-2011, 04:34 AM
Levitre to play LT.

Gailey said this on the local news last night.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm more and more convinced that Merriman's body is broken down beyond repair.

sdbillsfan2
10-25-2011, 05:17 AM

you may be right Jan. I don't see him in a Bill's uniform next year unless he makes some kind of positive impress real quick.

Skooby
10-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Merriman would be on IR if he wasn't able to play during this season.

kishoph
10-25-2011, 06:15 AM
The injuries are really starting to mount, the depth on this team has always been in question, hopefully they can rise up to the challenge. LEVITRE playing LT is my biggest concern, it looks as if BELL won't be ready to go this week.

better days
10-25-2011, 06:17 AM
KEY injuries for the Bills. Good thing the Bills play the Redskins & not a GOOD team this week.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2011, 07:24 AM
How badly is Hairston hurt? I missed the thread. Is he on IR?

OpIv37
10-25-2011, 07:30 AM

I agree but I'm more worried about Bell being out than Merriman. Merriman wasn't very effective at all when he has played this year.

Levitre is a very good guard but a very mediocre LT. Not having Bell or Hairston makes us weaker at both LT and LG, and we have to try to block Orakpo and Kerrigan. This isn't going to be pretty.

OpIv37
10-25-2011, 07:31 AM
The injuries are really starting to mount, the depth on this team has always been in question, hopefully they can rise up to the challenge. LEVITRE playing LT is my biggest concern, it looks as if BELL won't be ready to go this week.

no doubt we lack depth, but no team in the NFL could survive two injuries at LT without being in trouble.

k-oneputt
10-25-2011, 07:52 AM
They need to use another high draft pick on an o-tackle again next season. You can't count on Bell. Seems like he is the one breaking down all the time.

Mahdi
10-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Levitre vs Orakpo is a nightmare.

Oaf
10-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Where's the link declaring these players out?

mrbojanglezs
10-25-2011, 10:19 AM
I haven't heard bell is out for sure. They are preparing for that to be the case but bell could possibly make it

ServoBillieves
10-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Bell and Hairston out vs. Orakpo (should've been a Bill) and Kerrigan healthy, that's just rough...

Ed
10-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Jackson and Chandler can help out with blocking Orakpo. I think we'll be ok.

I'm still more concerned about our defense without Kyle Williams.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-25-2011, 11:11 AM
If they do wind up putting Merriman on IR, I believe they seriously missed boat on Curry who they should take a close look at.

OpIv37
10-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Jackson and Chandler can help out with blocking Orakpo. I think we'll be ok.

I'm still more concerned about our defense without Kyle Williams.

The Redskins have issues on their OL- they had to move their C out to cover an injury at T and their back-up C is starting, plus their best RB is out.

Hopefully that will mitigate the loss of Williams, although I understand your concern. Heard was pretty mediocre last game and I'm disappointed that Troupe hasn't stepped up (someone said he was playing hurt but I didn't see a link).

justasportsfan
10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm disappointed that Troupe hasn't stepped up (someone said he was playing hurt but I didn't see a link).
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article606429.ece

psubills62
10-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I really hope Troup can play and begin to assert himself on this roster. It really sucks that we're down to our third string DT. Pittsburgh has the same issue and I believe their third stringer was 6'4" and 280 pounds.

Beebe's Kid
10-25-2011, 12:01 PM
They need to use another high draft pick on an o-tackle again next season. You can't count on Bell. Seems like he is the one breaking down all the time.

What are you talking about? He played 16 games last year, and 8 as a rookie when he came in... your analysis sounds really good...it just has no basis in reality.

Ed
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
The Redskins have issues on their OL- they had to move their C out to cover an injury at T and their back-up C is starting, plus their best RB is out.

Hopefully that will mitigate the loss of Williams, although I understand your concern. Heard was pretty mediocre last game and I'm disappointed that Troupe hasn't stepped up (someone said he was playing hurt but I didn't see a link).
Yeah, the Skins injuries help, but I thought the Giants OL issues would help us last week too, but our pass rush sucked.

I think Troup will play, but I don't think he'll be 100% or play that much. And he's not the same type of player as Williams. And even if Troup is healthy, it looked like they were playing Dwan Edwards last week at NT on passing downs. That's not good.

better days
10-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, the Skins injuries help, but I thought the Giants OL issues would help us last week too, but our pass rush sucked.

I think Troup will play, but I don't think he'll be 100% or play that much. And he's not the same type of player as Williams. And even if Troup is healthy, it looked like they were playing Dwan Edwards last week at NT on passing downs. That's not good.

Well, the Giants have a better QB & better receivers than the Skins.

paladin warrior
10-25-2011, 12:52 PM
:teary: OH NO !!! AW S**T!!! Well Buffalo Bills need get a LB draft next year take over Merriman spot.

Next year draft Buffalo Bills need WR and alots O-line & maybe 1 best DT or DE

:gobills: :gobills: :gobills: p.s :monkeyp::jetsuck:

Ed
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, the Giants have a better QB & better receivers than the Skins.
That's true, which is comforting, but I think we made Eli look a lot better then he actually is. Even Beck can make plays if he has a pocket and time to throw.

This would be a nice week for Dareus to step up and be an impact player, but I think I said the same exact thing before the Giants game.

I'm not really that concerned about this game. I think we should win, but I'm just having visions of the Redskins O looking better then it should and the game being closer then it should.

k-oneputt
10-25-2011, 01:48 PM
What are you talking about? He played 16 games last year, and 8 as a rookie when he came in... your analysis sounds really good...it just has no basis in reality.

It doesn't ? He hasn't missed time the last three years with the injured shoulder ? It was a problem two years ago, he started but did not finish 16 games last year, missed most of training camp this year, has already miseed multiple games this year, and the injury seems to be a continuous problem.
I'd say if that is your starting left tackle, it is a problem. Especially when they have no depth and have to move their starting guard out to tackle because he is better then the 4th tackle on the roster.

Try again.

k-oneputt
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Need next year:

pass rushing lb
o-tackle
cb
d-tackle

k-oneputt
10-25-2011, 01:52 PM
The d-tackle we should have drafted was starting for the Ravens last night.

ddaryl
10-25-2011, 01:59 PM
The d-tackle we should have drafted was starting for the Ravens last night.

JFC

give it up already..... and we need a speedy pass rushing DE to compliment Dareus' run stuffing DE capabilities

spacecowboy
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Didn't we draft a DE in the first round a couple years ago? That worked out well. This team is seriously sketchy when choosing there first round pick. Our depth is razor thin at all positions, and I think we need somebody coming off the bench to play above expectations rather then just trying to fill a gap. If we don't have someone step up, and these injuries continue, it could be bad news for our playoff hopes.

k-oneputt
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
JFC

give it up already..... and we need a speedy pass rushing DE to compliment Dareus' run stuffing DE capabilities

No doubt. I believe I put that right at the top of the list. OLB/DE call it what ever you like, pass rusher.

EDS
10-25-2011, 03:31 PM
What is the deal with Carrington? Can he play at all?

If Kyle is out and Troup remains sidelined, seems obvious to move Dareus inside on obvious passing downs with Carrington sliding into the end spot - assuming Carrington can play a little.