PDA

View Full Version : Battered Skins Could Be In For Major Slide

BAM
10-25-2011, 09:43 AM
The offense, not potent to begin with, is likely to be without its starting left tackle, right guard, top receiver, tight end and running back for a tough task against the Bills this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823718e4/article/week-7-observations-battered-skins-could-be-in-for-major-slide?module=HP11_content_stream

So we're both beat up. I watched the game vs Carolina and they didn't look good. I still think we beat them. Thing that worries me is their pass rush but I think we can overcome that by using quick passes. Bills 23-13

FlyingDutchman
10-25-2011, 09:44 AM
I dunno man, OP has made a good point...after going through customs, the Bills will be lacking motivation

psubills62
10-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Good article. When they talked about Carriker, Kerrigan and Orakpo, it reminded me strongly of another team we've played already: the Chiefs. They've got a stud pass rusher (Hali/Orakpo), a rookie OLB (Houston/Kerrigan), and a pretty good pass rusher on the DL (Gilberry, Carriker).

But then the Chiefs seem to have a better run D (4.1 YPC vs. 4.6 for the Redskins).

Ed
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
I think we can also overcome their pass rush with a heavy dose of Fred Jackson running the ball, some touches for CJ, mixing in the wildcat, and some quick screens and shovel passes.

And Megamind has two weeks to gameplan.

imbondz
10-25-2011, 09:57 AM
if we can't overcome them, we suck.

Skooby
10-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Bills are going to come out flying, then we can watch Washington take their chances passing.

BAM
10-25-2011, 09:59 AM
One thing I was a little shocked to read is how well teams have run the ball against them the past two weeks. 367 yards (4.9/carry) is a lot. Great news for FredEx Delivery.

The King
10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I think we need to make Shanahan remember that he passed on Buffalo.

justasportsfan
10-25-2011, 10:25 AM
I think we need to make Shanahan remember that he passed on Buffalo.

I agree but it's up to Gailey to prove that we were lucky that Shanahan passed on us.

Meathead
10-25-2011, 10:45 AM
shanawho?

Night Train
10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
So we already have the Bills losing ? :nervous:

:rolleyes:

stuckincincy
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Yep.

I'd crank up the blitz.

The WAS replacements could be decent players, but I assume their game time is minimal. So they probably will have difficulty picking it up.

Were I WAS, I'd put a spy on Fred and make him a non-factor.

BAM
10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Here's to hoping we're not slump-busters this week

cocamide
10-25-2011, 11:42 AM

Seriously. No need for any more playoff talk if we can't beat a broken down redskins team.

trapezeus
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM
as bad as the injury bug has been for the bills, they aren't carrying themselves like the broken unit washington is. i get the sense shanahan has worn out his welcome with these players.

RedEyE
10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
This a statement game. I know any given Sunday and all that garbage, but honestly the Bills need to blow out the Skins. I'll take the win (obviously) but if they struggle or God forbid lose this game the Bills are the ones headed for a downward slide.

BAM
10-26-2011, 11:10 AM
If we lose this game, I'm moving. I'm right in the middle of Redskin country right now.

RoscoeMagic
10-26-2011, 11:31 AM
It's gonna be a close, hard fought game that comes down the the wire.

Every team we've played has been banged up. We're kinda banged up right now as well.

John Beck's not enough...Bills D holds on to the lead and wins it 26-19.

Bill Cody
10-26-2011, 11:36 AM
If we lose this game, I'm moving. I'm right in the middle of Redskin country right now.

You're in the middle of Redskin country? Better circle the wagons.

better days
10-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Nice to see playing the Bills be refered to as a TOUGH TASK again. I don't remember seeing that the entire time Jauron was the HC of the Bills.

The only time tough was mentioned when Jauron was HC was when Jauron would say "It's tough to win in the NFL"

BAM
10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
You're in the middle of Redskin country? Better circle the wagons.

I'm working in the middle of Maryland this week, which basically is more Skins fans than Ravens fans believe it or not. Actually come to think of it I see more Steelers stuff than Ravens but anyway, I've been proudly displaying my Bills magnets on the back of the Jetta as well as my flag all week. So far they have not been stolen.

Ed
10-26-2011, 02:50 PM
It looks like LB London Fletcher and S Oshiomogho Atogwe are both hurting also. They are listed as questionable with hamstring and knee issues respectively. Both are uncertain if they'll be available to play. Either way, I doubt they'll be 100%.

Mski
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Cooley and Hightower were put on IR and their best WR is out with a broken hand, they have Beck starting at QB, even with the bills poor D, washingtons O is worse... just hope our Offense can outplay their D

psubills62
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
It looks like LB London Fletcher and S Oshiomogho Atogwe are both hurting also. They are listed as questionable with hamstring and knee issues respectively. Both are uncertain if they'll be available to play. Either way, I doubt they'll be 100%.
I don't even care how many injuries we have...if we lose to the Redskins at this point, it will be a mega failure.

Ed
10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't even care how many injuries we have...if we lose to the Redskins at this point, it will be a mega failure.
Yeah I don't care that the game is in Toronto. It could be in DC or anywhere else. Coming off a bye and tough loss to the Giants, there just aren't any excuses to drop this one.