PDA

View Full Version : ESPN prjoects Bills to be 12-4!

Don't Panic
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor

Earning a 5 seed but only with a 63% chance of making the playoffs.

Skooby
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Whoa Nelly, there's going to be many angry folks here now who'll run wild with this information.

JoeMama
10-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I have a really hard time seeing us going 8-2 down the stretch.

One game at a time.

stuckincincy
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor

Earning a 5 seed but only with a 63% chance of making the playoffs.

???

I clicked on your link - didn't read anything about a prediction of 12 - 4. Just another link asking me for money to view balderdash. Is ESPN Insider forking over a cut for you?

dannyek71
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
9-7, 8-8 is more realistic.

better days
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
9-7, 8-8 is more realistic.

Maybe so, but did 4-2 with wins over the Pats* & Eagles sound realistic before the Season started?

FlyingDutchman
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Meh. I say 9-7 or 10-6

justasportsfan
10-25-2011, 02:49 PM
10-6

jamze132
10-25-2011, 02:49 PM
I think we finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs by losing game 16 to NEs backups.

Oaf
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
:ill:

spacecowboy
10-25-2011, 03:00 PM

As much as I hate it, that sounds about right. Heartbreak!

psubills62
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
That's nice.

trapezeus
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
i am more bullish on the bills if it weren't for these freaking injuries.

why is merriman Ir'd? he sounded like he planned on being there for the washington game.

Why did Kyle williams ahve to get hurt

Why is Troupe injury plagued

Why is easley injury plagued?

Then donald jones?

The LT can't stay healthy?

It's a joke that these are the type of injuries we have every year. and finally were actually had a productive starting unit and would have been aided in having some continuity through the season. This team is fun and exciting, but it isn't deep. and deep wins you a championship.

i like the LB's as a whole, but we need a game changer there.

TheBrownBear
10-25-2011, 05:24 PM
The injuries are piling up quick. I think 7-9 or 8-8 is probable. Our defense can't stop anybody and our offense is scheduled to run into some stout defenses in the second half of the season. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get to 10 wins, and absolutely shocked if we get to 12 wins.

Don't Panic
10-25-2011, 05:45 PM
???

I clicked on your link - didn't read anything about a prediction of 12 - 4. Just another link asking me for money to view balderdash. Is ESPN Insider forking over a cut for you?

I love it when someone gives me hard time for sharing something. Yeah dude... I'm the E in ESPN.

Skooby
10-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I love it when someone gives me hard time for sharing something. Yeah dude... I'm the E in ESPN.

I'm the P, as in a pee-on.

T-Long
10-25-2011, 05:49 PM
wait I'm confused...a 12-4 record with only 63% chance of making the playoffs? What team in history finished 12-4 and DIDN'T make the playoffs? I gotta be interpreting this wrong..

TrEd FTW
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Gonna be hard to finish 12-4 with no pass rush and no Kyle Williams.

Buffalogic
10-25-2011, 06:05 PM
We're making the playoffs. Just like I said in the offseason

Don't Panic
10-25-2011, 06:06 PM
wait I'm confused...a 12-4 record with only 63% chance of making the playoffs? What team in history finished 12-4 and DIDN'T make the playoffs? I gotta be interpreting this wrong..

that's what I was thinking. I think what they're saying is that there is a 37% chance we do worse - to the point where we would miss the playoffs. I guess are future is just that volatile!

YardRat
10-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Don't see it happening, especially with all of the injuries.

Extremebillsfan247
10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
This team is limping back in from the bye week with very little improvement to overall health. It's a long stretch between now and the New England game. The deck is heavily stacked against this team finishing 12-4. I think at best, they will finish with no more than 10 wins at the end. 9-7 is a more realistic prediction in my opinion.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2011, 08:47 PM
8-8 from here on out is my prediction. too little talent on the defense for them to win more than 8 games.

Extremebillsfan247
10-25-2011, 09:02 PM
8-8 from here on out is my prediction. too little talent on the defense for them to win more than 8 games.You could be right. There are 2 things concerning me about this team going forward, injuries, and a horrible defense. The Bills could do well, but I can't help but to feel that this long stretch of games is going to overwhelm this team. The schedule gets tougher from here on out.

Buffalogic
10-25-2011, 09:06 PM
8-8 from here on out is my prediction. too little talent on the defense for them to win more than 8 games.8-8 from now on? what does that even mean? When did we start playing 22 games?

BillsWin
10-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Injuries and lack of sustainable talent and luck will come to bite us in the ass. 9-7 has been my prediction since training camp. Sticking to it.

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2011, 09:32 PM
8-8 from now on? what does that even mean? When did we start playing 22 games?

i think most people would understand that i meant the bills would end the season 8 and 8.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Gonna need at least 11-5 this year to make the playoffs in the AFC.

There just isn't many bad teams so far in the conference.

Both Baltimore and Pittsburgh are gonna be around 11-5, one obviously is getting the wild card. And then you have the Jets who with their D, I have a hard time seeing them being worse than 10-6

Literally I think 75% of the AFC is .500 or better right now.

Don't Panic
10-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Both Baltimore and Pittsburgh are gonna be around 11-5, one obviously is getting the wild card. And then you have the Jets who with their D, I have a hard time seeing them being worse than 10-6

11-5 guarantees it. 10-6 may be on the outside looking in. So in order to control our destiny, we have to win 7 out of the last 10. That's a tall order, but sweeping the Jets would just about guarantee it.

I'll tell you what though... if we're within a game of NE heading into week 17 that is going to be the most epic matchup this team has had in more than a decade. Going to Foxboro with the division on the line? Too perfect...

ddaryl
10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
there is a snowballs chance in hell that we end up 12-4..

that would be one heluva bye week adjustment to our defense especially with the injuries mounting.

It would be awesome though, and I would do cartwheels if we ended the regular season 12-4

Figster
10-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Expanding the current playoff format so the league could have an all wild card weekend seems like a no brainer. It would help the smaller market Cities ,appeal to the players, and makes much better sense then an 18 game season. Who wants to watch a 2-15 football team go up against a 13-4 football team on the last game of the regular season anyway. On the other hand, having an all Wild card weekend expands the entertainment 1 week and would give wild card teams a chance at a home playoff game. Expanding the playoff format also makes for better competition towards the end of the season vs 25% of the league positioning themselves for the draft.

The pro's out weigh the con's, what con's? watering down the playoffs? I'll bet there are millions of fans out there and 100's of players that would appreciate expanding the playoffs with a few more football teams. Myself personally, I would enjoy watching the 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 teams battle it out for a chance to advance, how about you?

When a football team wins 10 games in the NFL they damn sure deserve a playoff game in my opinion.

Ed
10-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Expanding the current playoff format so the league could have an all wild card weekend seems like a no brainer. It would help the smaller market Cities ,appeal to the players, and makes much better sense then an 18 game season. Who wants to watch a 2-15 football team go up against a 13-4 football team on the last game of the regular season anyway. On the other hand, having an all Wild card weekend expands the entertainment 1 week and would give wild card teams a chance at a home playoff game. Expanding the playoff format also makes for better competition towards the end of the season vs 25% of the league positioning themselves for the draft.

The pro's out weigh the con's, what con's? watering down the playoffs? I'll bet there are millions of fans out there and 100's of players that would appreciate expanding the playoffs with a few more football teams. Myself personally, I would enjoy watching the 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 teams battle it out for a change to advance, how about you?

When a football team wins 10 games in the NFL they damn sure deserve a playoff game in my opinion.
I wouldn't mind seeing the playoffs expand from 6 to 8 teams in each conference. With so much parity and some division being significantly weaker then others, it makes sense to add a couple more spots. Let the four division winners have a bye as a reward and the next four best teams duke it out in a wildcard weekend.

Mski
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I think we finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs by losing game 16 to NEs backups.wouldnt worry about that... NE wont play their back ups in week 17, even if we go into that game 4-11 and their 13-2

Jimbuktu
10-26-2011, 12:22 PM

We're beating Washington, and that gives us five wins.

I think we'll need five more wins to make the playoffs, including ONE over the Jets. We take Miami, Miami, Tennessee, Denver, and NY at home and we're in along with Pitts/Balt as the sixth wild card.

Simple as that. AFC West is cannibalizing itself, and the Bengals aren't going to get to 10 wins.

As long as we don't get swept by the Jets ...

RedEyE
10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
I'll put my left testicle up for sale on Ebay if the Bills go 12-4

Buffalogic
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
i think most people would understand that i meant the bills would end the season 8 and 8.You are the worst poster on the site. When are you just going to go away? Go to bb.com or something, hater.

Don't Panic
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
If there was an 8 team playoff, I would imagine they'd do it no byes and all division winners would get a top 4 seed. That way, the best wild card team would go to the worst division winner and vice versa so that the teams losing the bye would at least be hosting the worst of the wild cards. I'd like to see that go through... the difference between a 2 seed and a 3 seed is sometimes marginal at best. 20 game season if you want to be in a Super Bowl.

imbondz
10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I just hope the ride continues, football season is amazing when the Bills are good.

BertSquirtgum
10-26-2011, 06:51 PM
You are the worst poster on the site. When are you just going to go away? Go to bb.com or something, hater.

You live in a wasteland.

Buffalogic
10-26-2011, 07:42 PM
You live in a wasteland.Your parents are ashamed of you

Figster
10-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Your parents are ashamed of you

hehe, you guys are funny

Figster
10-27-2011, 08:31 AM
If there was an 8 team playoff, I would imagine they'd do it no byes and all division winners would get a top 4 seed. That way, the best wild card team would go to the worst division winner and vice versa so that the teams losing the bye would at least be hosting the worst of the wild cards. I'd like to see that go through... the difference between a 2 seed and a 3 seed is sometimes marginal at best. 20 game season if you want to be in a Super Bowl.

Myself personally, I like the division winners getting a bye and having the 1st weekend of playoffs all wild card so wild card teams with the best record get home games.

Don't Panic
10-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Myself personally, I like the division winners getting a bye and having the 1st weekend of playoffs all wild card so wild card teams with the best record get home games.

If the division winners get a bye and the four WCs play each other, there will be six teams left on each side. That can't work as its currently constructed, unless you're looking to give two byes.

Figster
10-27-2011, 11:46 AM
If the division winners get a bye and the four WCs play each other, there will be six teams left on each side. That can't work as its currently constructed, unless you're looking to give two byes.

Correct, All Division winners would get at least one bye to heal up and get ready for the playoffs. You have an all wild card weekend to go from 4 to two wild card teams per conference. On the 2nd week it commences like the normal playoff are played now under the current format. The top two seeds in each conference would get two weeks off.