PDA

View Full Version : Some things never ****ing change...

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Sabres fail to play a full game- they kick ass for 10 min then coast for the rest of the game.

Star players not coming through. Derek Roy is ****ing ice cold. His whole line sucks. Vanek got the goal but missed two breakaway chances. Miller let in his trademark softie. Even Gerbe got in on the action with that whiff in the 3rd.

The power play still SUCKS. They didn't allow a shorty but they had to commit a penalty to prevent one. Inexcusable.

Leino is brutal. Despite Regehr, the struggles with FA pickups continues.

0-2 in real home games.

The same old problems are plaguing this team. Expect a losing streak and expect no better than 0-3-1 against TB this year because they have our number.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 12:52 AM
and I can't believe I stayed up until almost 2 AM watching that bull****.

I should have just tuned in on XM in my car and saved myself two hours of wasted time.

I'm glad I didn't piss my money away on Center Ice.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Nobody on how bad Tyler Myers is playing?

chernobylwraiths
10-26-2011, 05:39 AM
They suck.
Trade Miller
Trade Myers
Let's get a new owner
blah blah blah

hydro
10-26-2011, 06:44 AM
The season is a roller coaster. I am just going to try to enjoy the ride.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM
They suck.
Trade Miller
Trade Myers
Let's get a new owner
blah blah blah

Does this mean Myers is playing good?

Jan Reimers
10-26-2011, 08:08 AM
The Sabres look like a middle-of-the-pack team right now. On nights when Miller doesn't stand on his head - which are often - they are very average.

Maybe they'll find some determination, or motivation, or will to win - whatever you want to call it - but if they don't, it will be a typical lackluster season, despite all of the great changes wrought by Pegula.

SabreEleven
10-26-2011, 08:20 AM
This core isn't tough enough or willing to do what it takes to win in this league like going in the corner and battle for the puck aka Good forecheck. This game is exactly how the playoffs would go if they started today. The talented players aren't tough enough and the tough ones aren't talented enough.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 08:44 AM
They suck.
Trade Miller
Trade Myers
Let's get a new owner
blah blah blah

Nobody said that. Try to make it look like hyperbole all you want, but the same old problems are already plaguing this team. If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you.

hydro
10-26-2011, 08:46 AM
I did see them coughing the puck up in the same fashion as always. We are terrible against teams when they go into a defensive shell.

Philagape
10-26-2011, 08:49 AM
They're not there yet as far as real contention. A lot of us were saying they need a true stud No. 1 center, and they still do.

hydro
10-26-2011, 08:56 AM
They're not there yet as far as real contention. A lot of us were saying they need a true stud No. 1 center, and they still do.

Leino giving up on being a Center already has really thrown a monkey wrench into things.

Skooby
10-26-2011, 08:57 AM
After all this frustation, we're one point out of first in our division:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_standings.htm

I bet Tampa is one of the best teams in the conference, that'll show up after we torch everyone else. Have some faith & patience, Lindy will find all the right mixes.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 09:04 AM
After all this frustation, we're one point out of first in our division:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_standings.htm

I bet Tampa is one of the best teams in the conference, that'll show up after we torch everyone else. Have some faith & patience, Lindy will find all the right mixes.

TB is tied with us in the standings right now. If we won the last two games, we'd be sitting at 2nd in the conference at 14 points and they'd have 6. We had an opportunity to put some distance between us and a team that is likely to be hanging right with us in the playoff chase, and we failed.

And yes, I know, someone is going to say "It doesn't matter-there are still 74 games left," but if TB ends up 4th and we end up at 5th or 6th and have to go on the road, it's going to come right back to these two games. If it didn't matter they wouldn't bother playing the games.

Skooby
10-26-2011, 09:19 AM
TB is tied with us in the standings right now. If we won the last two games, we'd be sitting at 2nd in the conference at 14 points and they'd have 6. We had an opportunity to put some distance between us and a team that is likely to be hanging right with us in the playoff chase, and we failed.

And yes, I know, someone is going to say "It doesn't matter-there are still 74 games left," but if TB ends up 4th and we end up at 5th or 6th and have to go on the road, it's going to come right back to these two games. If it didn't matter they wouldn't bother playing the games.

Your point is understood but with 148 points left to be had, there's few more things that need to happen before that's all settled.

Tampa is in another division & if we win our division we'll be in the top 3.

JD
10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
We came into the game ranked 4th on the PowerPlay.. I just see it as a game where once Tampa got the lead, they played the trap perfectly. We couldn't get passes through and just couldn't capitalize on our chances.

I'm not worried.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Your point is understood but with 148 points left to be had, there's few more things that need to happen before that's all settled.

Tampa is in another division & if we win our division we'll be in the top 3.

the only good thing is that the rest of our division is looking pretty soft right now. I suspect Boston will turn out a lot better than they look right now and Toronto will turn out to be worse, but it looks like Montreal and Ottawa aren't going to be any kind of threat.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 09:35 AM
We came into the game ranked 4th on the PowerPlay.. I just see it as a game where once Tampa got the lead, they played the trap perfectly. We couldn't get passes through and just couldn't capitalize on our chances.

I'm not worried.

Where are you getting that stat from? I think the announcers said we were 11th going into the game, and we only had 2 or 3 PP's. I don't think going 0-2 or 0-3 would be enough to drop us from 4th all the way to 16th, which is where we currently sit.

And teams are going to get leads on us. If the Sabres want to win, they're going to have to figure out how to beat the trap. A good start would be not having the highest player botch 2 breakaways....

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
After watching a lot of the other games, I have to say they are right there. It is a long way to the finish line I guess.

GreedoII
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Ruff will be exposed and an overrated coach this yr. They are giving him players but they still play the same under his regime. He needs to go. 1 chance thisyr. No cup...kick him to the curve. He's getting stale just looking at him.

YardRat
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Geez, ya mean a new owner and fancy new locker room doesn't guarantee success? Who'da thunk that?

Have patience, it's still preseason.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Geez, ya mean a new owner and fancy new locker room doesn't guarantee success? Who'da thunk that?

Have patience, it's still preseason.

I've had patience.

Everything I'm complaining about are problems that have been around forever.

DMBcrew36
10-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Roysie's hurt, by the way. He has a hamstring injury he has been dealing with since training camp. I would let him sit in the press box for a game or two to try and rest it, if it isn't going away.

Mski
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
i think Ruff calling leino out about asking to move to winger, was done to set up a move back to center, when he doesnt produce any better out there, but regardless of where he is on faceoffs, he still plays more like a center than a winger... he likes to be the set-up guy, controling the puck and making plays that way, also he was brought in here to play on the Vanek Pominville line, and hasnt had a chance as of yet, because of Adam playing as well as he has. i'm sure at somepoint he will get his chance with the top line, but until Adam starts playing like a rookie, thats not going to happen. Also there have been reports that Leino didnt start "clicking" and "gelling" with his teammates in philly until around new years, he may be a "slow starter"

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
10-26-2011, 08:35 PM
after watching the game again Tampa Bay is a very good team. They pushed Boston to the brink of elimination in the Eastern Conf. Finals last season. I have no problem with Tampa Bay in matter of fact I like the Lightning they are my third favorite team there I said it!

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
10-26-2011, 08:47 PM
i think Ruff calling leino out about asking to move to winger, was done to set up a move back to center, when he doesnt produce any better out there, but regardless of where he is on faceoffs, he still plays more like a center than a winger... he likes to be the set-up guy, controling the puck and making plays that way, also he was brought in here to play on the Vanek Pominville line, and hasnt had a chance as of yet, because of Adam playing as well as he has. i'm sure at somepoint he will get his chance with the top line, but until Adam starts playing like a rookie, thats not going to happen. Also there have been reports that Leino didnt start "clicking" and "gelling" with his teammates in philly until around new years, he may be a "slow starter"

it wasn't Lindy calling Leino out, Leino is the one that asked Lindy to put him on Wing.

Skooby
10-27-2011, 07:10 AM
the only good thing is that the rest of our division is looking pretty soft right now. I suspect Boston will turn out a lot better than they look right now and Toronto will turn out to be worse, but it looks like Montreal and Ottawa aren't going to be any kind of threat.

All of them have been scored on more then they've scored, less one that's even. We also have a nice game against one of the worst teams in the league tonight, so you'll see a more positive result on the scoreboard (I predicted 5-2 Sabres).

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 07:26 AM
All of them have been scored on more then they've scored, less one that's even. We also have a nice game against one of the worst teams in the league tonight, so you'll see a more positive result on the scoreboard (I predicted 5-2 Sabres).

I wish I shared your confidence.

We just got shut out 3-0 then dropped a 2 goal lead at home to the same team. Back-to-back losses like that can be demoralizing for a team.

the good news is that I probably won't be able to watch, and if I do it'll be on a ****ty computer stream, and for some reason that always seems to increase our chances of winning....

Skooby
10-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I wish I shared your confidence.

We just got shut out 3-0 then dropped a 2 goal lead at home to the same team. Back-to-back losses like that can be demoralizing for a team.

the good news is that I probably won't be able to watch, and if I do it'll be on a ****ty computer stream, and for some reason that always seems to increase our chances of winning....

The worse the picture quality, the better the Sabres look.

Mski
10-28-2011, 12:51 PM
it wasn't Lindy calling Leino out, Leino is the one that asked Lindy to put him on Wing.Lindy was calling him out by making such a public statement about it, yes Leino ased for the move, no Ruff didnt have to make a statement about it to the media before he actually made the move.