PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins owner reaches out to Cowher through channels

zone
10-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Good think Cowher has always said he would never take over mid season out of respect for the current coach. We need both those wins over Miami.

Operatives for the Miami Dolphins have contacted people close to former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher about the team's head coaching job, CBSSports.com reported Tuesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8237d6f0/article/report-dolphins-owner-reaches-out-to-cowher-through-channels-?module=HP11_headline_stack

trapezeus
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
if cowher takes the miami job, i am going to go crazy. cowher and luck? this whole feel good season will have pissed me off royally.

ddaryl
10-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I doubt even Cowher could right the Dolphins ship in the short term.

Ed
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
They were talking about this on the radio today and it sounds like Cowher and Gruden would both be interested in the Miami job, but only if they can get Andrew Luck.

OpIv37
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
if cowher takes the miami job, i am going to go crazy. cowher and luck? this whole feel good season will have pissed me off royally.

yeah, we spent the last 10 years getting owned by Brady and Bellicheck and it looks like we're going to spend the next 10 getting owned by Luck and Cowher.

As much as it kills me, I think we need to root for Miami for all their remaining games except when they play Buffalo (obviously).

They already have too many losses to be a factor in the wild card hunt and we don't want them anywhere near Luck. Even if Indy or St Louis gets the #1 pick, there's a chance they could trade out of it, and if Miami is in the top 5, they'll have the compensation to make the trade happen.

Ed
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
yeah, we spent the last 10 years getting owned by Brady and Bellicheck and it looks like we're going to spend the next 10 getting owned by Luck and Cowher.

As much as it kills me, I think we need to root for Miami for all their remaining games except when they play Buffalo (obviously).

They already have too many losses to be a factor in the wild card hunt and we don't want them anywhere near Luck. Even if Indy or St Louis gets the #1 pick, there's a chance they could trade out of it, and if Miami is in the top 5, they'll have the compensation to make the trade happen.
I've been rooting hard for Miami for the past two weeks. I actually like the Losman move and think it could help them a little. He's gotta be better then Matt Moore.

better days
10-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Well, I would love to see a resurgence by the Bills & Fins. I loved fighting it out with them for #1 & winning that battle year in & out even though they had Marino & Shula.

Time for the Bills & Fins to go back where they belong fighting for the top of the division while the Pats* & Jets battle it out for #3.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Dolphins are not getting Andrew Luck.

Indy or St. Louis will get the top pick and Washington will sell the farm to get that pick.

trapezeus
10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
i was convinced at the beginning of the season that we had a legit shot at luck. now we have been given a fun season but with the injuries face an arduous task to get to the playoffs.

now we missed luck and the playoffs. only in buffalo.

Mudflap1
10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Gee, who could that be? The guy that sits next to Cowher on CBS pre game show perhaps?

WeAreArthurMoates
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Miami will not get Luck, they will end up with 2-3 wins. However, Indy will be lucky to win 1 and they WILL draft Luck to sit behind Peyton.

Figster
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
They were talking about this on the radio today and it sounds like Cowher and Gruden would both be interested in the Miami job, but only if they can get Andrew Luck.

Cowher and Luck together in Miami would be a double whammy, good grief:nervous:

Mike13
10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Did Ross learn nothing from the Harbuagh Debacle?

Dolphins are not getting Andrew Luck.

Indy or St. Louis will get the top pick and Washington will sell the farm to get that pick.

Or so you hope.

psubills62
10-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Reaching Cowher through channels?

I know CBS is channel 8 here, not sure what it is in Miami, though.

Ed
10-26-2011, 04:18 PM
i was convinced at the beginning of the season that we had a legit shot at luck. now we have been given a fun season but with the injuries face an arduous task to get to the playoffs.

now we missed luck and the playoffs. only in buffalo.
Damn, six games into the season and we've already missed the playoffs? That's news to me.

stuckincincy
10-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Reaching Cowher through channels?

I know CBS is channel 8 here, not sure what it is in Miami, though.

It would be interesting to see if he could prosper outside of the NFL aegis afforded his former club then, now, and probably forever...

BillsWin
10-26-2011, 04:39 PM
You know what?

**** the Dolphins.

That is all.

YardRat
10-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm not worried about Cowher or Gruden...bring 'em on. Both will fail miserably in whatever job they end up in anyway.

Luck in Miami would suck, but it certainly isn't the end of the world. We kicked Marino's ass enough times to know it takes more than a QB to win games.

imbondz
10-26-2011, 06:05 PM
the irony would be if Miami beats us this year and loses out on Luck because of it. I almost don't care what happens to the Miami game, as long as it doesn't affect our playoff chances. I would throw up if Miami gets Luck. Although, we didn't seem to have a problem w/ Marino, and he didn't win them any SBs.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
luck has not played a down in the nfl and everone has him fitted with SB rings for every finger

Newton had not played a snap and many said he would bomb
Newtons doing fine
maybe all this sucking for luck will make luck suck

Static
10-27-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm surprised alot of you don't run your own psychic hotline with all the future predictions in this thread.

Historian
10-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Miami has become an old coach's graveyard. It essentially is the last entry on their resumes.

Screw Cowher.

I never was terribly impressed with him in the first place.

I would love to see what he does with entetainers as owners, lol.

Bill Cody
10-27-2011, 09:45 AM
leaking this kind of info (and it had to be leaked) shows Miami is "all in" for Luck. There's no other explanation for it. This kind of a leak undermines the coach, almost like a football version of the movie "Major League".

And do I think Luck is worth all the fuss? Er...well....yes I do. I told you guys that if our front office thought Cam Newton had the smarts to play NFL QB I'd be on board and they did because I think he would have been the pick if Carolina had passed on him. And damn if he isn't off to a great start. Luck doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he has everything else in spades. Sign me up. So bottom line I hope the fins don't get him.

Steven Ross will want to make the best press conference so a Cowher or Gruden makes sense. But both those guys have been away from the grind for a while. Will they want to pay the incredible price it takes to be an NFL HC again after they've gotten used to manicures and limo rides? I dunno.

better days
10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
leaking this kind of info (and it had to be leaked) shows Miami is "all in" for Luck. There's no other explanation for it. This kind of a leak undermines the coach, almost like a football version of the movie "Major League".

And do I think Luck is worth all the fuss? Er...well....yes I do. I told you guys that if our front office thought Cam Newton had the smarts to play NFL QB I'd be on board and they did because I think he would have been the pick if Carolina had passed on him. And damn if he isn't off to a great start. Luck doesn't have a cannon for an arm but he has everything else in spades. Sign me up. So bottom line I hope the fins don't get him.

Steven Ross will want to make the best press conference so a Cowher or Gruden makes sense. But both those guys have been away from the grind for a while. Will they want to pay the incredible price it takes to be an NFL HC again after they've gotten used to manicures and limo rides? I dunno.

Well, I know Gruden would be up for the job. He was up at about 4 AM & out the door to his office every day with the Bucs. The thing about Gruden is he wears on his players. I could see him having success at first with diminishing results as the years pass.

User Manuel
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd be more impressed if he would just call directly.....i hate this "channels" crap. If anyone in the world thinks Sparano is keeping his job, including Sporano, he is a moron.

stuckincincy
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Well, I know Gruden would be up for the job. He was up at about 4 AM & out the door to his office every day with the Bucs. The thing about Gruden is he wears on his players. I could see him having success at first with diminishing results as the years pass.

I would like to see Chucky get back in the saddle. I recall him responding to a question in his OAK days, saying "Yeah, I know I'm a shallow guy."

His TB pressers were classic. I like his commentary and bon mots, be it a college or a pro game.

Bill Cody
10-27-2011, 02:47 PM

I think Gruden's a pretty smart guy and he would be an ideal if very tough mentor for a young and talented QB, he certainly knows the position and how to coach it. And you know smart coaches learn from the job. Bellichick was mediocre in Cleveland and when he left the media, fans and players were all glad. Chuckie might be very good. Vermeil got burned out and then came back and had a nice encore.

Cowher? I doubt he's as smart as Gruden but he does instill an attitude of toughness that is really important in football. I don't doubt he would do very well in a 2nd gig. Of course you need players to win.

And both of those guys have a lot of pride, they wouldn't take the job unless they were "all in" so both would be pretty solid choices.

Night Train
10-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I hope they get Cowher, draft Luck and still lose to us 9 out of 10 times.

You guys play too many games on paper, like telling everyone we were the worst team in football all summer. Hows that "fact" working out ?

Extremebillsfan247
10-28-2011, 02:09 AM
It's funny to me that not long ago, the Bills were sitting in the position that the Dolphins are now. We had rumors about Cowher, Shanahan, and Marty Schottenheimer among others possibly becoming Bills coaches, as fans couldn't wait to chase Jauron out of Buffalo. Only this time it's not our team. That alone makes me smile.