PDA

View Full Version : George Wilson: Toronto's not the Ralph

Ed
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7152114/george-wilson-buffalo-bills-questions-team-support-toronto-home-game

ddaryl
10-26-2011, 02:11 PM
they better not renew the Toronto series when the contract is up.

This has done nothing but made it harder for this team to compete. Having 9 away games a year and 7 home games puts us at a huge disadvantage...

SquishDaFish
10-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Watch the video I believe the 2nd one

better days
10-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Great article. I love Wilsons attitude. "we just have to make sure we're the ones making big plays so theres no cheers for the other team."

Philagape
10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Kudos to the Senator for his honesty. He's a great leader.

cpearl
10-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I love this guy. He's quickly becoming my favorite Bill. Add him to the list of players we need to sign long term.

Ed
10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
I love this guy. He's quickly becoming my favorite Bill. Add him to the list of players we need to sign long term.
Yeah me too. I don't know why some people viewed him as a downgrade to Donte Whitner.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-26-2011, 04:14 PM
they better not renew the Toronto series when the contract is up.

This has done nothing but made it harder for this team to compete. Having 9 away games a year and 7 home games puts us at a huge disadvantage...
So the $15,000,000 annual paycheck Rogers pays for renting the team is nothing?

stuckincincy
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM

Oh, be quiet and go have some wings, will ya? ; - )

:dance2:

BLeonard
10-26-2011, 06:46 PM

It might be something, if that money was being reinvested into the team...

Just keep that in mind if any of our significant free agents to be end up walking after this season.

-Bill

B-DON
10-26-2011, 07:11 PM
If playing one game a year in Canuckville helps keep the Bills in Buffalo, I'm all for it

Mike
10-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Wow! There was an argument between OP & PSU bills fan dude that TO was not a disadvage. PSU dude totally lost, even the players don't feel an advaage there.... PSUbillsfan duoche total fail!

casdhf
10-27-2011, 06:10 AM
The Bills are 0-3 in regular-season games at Toronto ... ouch.

ddaryl
10-27-2011, 07:28 AM

yeah it's nothing.. all it does is make it harder for this team to compete for a championship

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Wow! There was an argument between OP & PSU bills fan dude that TO was not a disadvage. PSU dude totally lost, even the players don't feel an advaage there....

I wasn't going to go there but since someone else brought it up.....

ddaryl
10-27-2011, 07:32 AM
If playing one game a year in Canuckville helps keep the Bills in Buffalo, I'm all for it

and do you really believe that the Toronto series is going to keep the Bills in Buffalo..

All this ever was is a test to see if the NFL is viable in Canada and it's being used to determine if a team is going to be moved there.

OpIv37
10-27-2011, 07:35 AM

What BLeonard said.

How was that money reinvested in the team? What FA did we sign, or what current player did we sign to a long-term contract? The Bills have been getting that $15mm check for the past 3 years now, and they've literally issued no big contracts in that period.

I don't know what happened to this fan base, but at some point, the mentality developed that saving money is an end unto itself even though it's Ralph's money and not ours.

It's just like the old argument that a player is too expensive or the cap hit is too high. Well, that's fine- IF that money is reinvested in the team by either keeping quality players or signing quality FA's.

But when Ralph is getting $15mm a year from Toronto and we're STILL sitting at ~$20mm below the cap, it's inexcusable. Either use the money to make the team better or tell Toronto to give us our home game back. Right now, the only one who wins in this arrangement is Ralph himself.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-27-2011, 08:50 AM
It might be something, if that money was being reinvested into the team...

Just keep that in mind if any of our significant free agents to be end up walking after this season.

-Bill
I'll keep it in mind IF the Bills make the playoffs first. If not, no free agent is significant enough to survive the dismantling.

Philagape
10-27-2011, 09:00 AM
and do you really believe that the Toronto series is going to keep the Bills in Buffalo..

All this ever was is a test to see if the NFL is viable in Canada and it's being used to determine if a team is going to be moved there.

If that's the case, then we should root for quiet, apathetic crowds.

Bill Cody
10-27-2011, 09:12 AM
I am not convinced this series does much of anything to keep a team in Buffalo. From a football standpoint it's been a failure. Ok Ralph has lined his bulging wallet with some more cash that he doesn't spend. So what? And a potential buyer is not going to be swayed one way or the other over a Toronto bonus- the buyer will either go in wanting to keep the team here or go in wanting to move it becuase he got a sweetheart deal someplace else.

Historian
10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
And what's the next step?

"The Bills have clinched a home Wild Card game...to be played at the Roger's Center..."

BLeonard
10-27-2011, 08:34 PM
I'll keep it in mind IF the Bills make the playoffs first. If not, no free agent is significant enough to survive the dismantling.

What "dismantling?"

The "dismantling," if any, should have started LAST YEAR.

Regardless of whether or not the Bills make the playoffs this year, next season will be year three in the Nix/Gailey regime... You're honestly gonna wait until year THREE to "dismantle?"

If there is any "dismantling" between now and the 2012 season, Nix and Gailey should be the first ones out the door, for waiting two seasons to do anything.

You wanna do a dismantling/rebulding project, you don't wait until the third year of your tenure to do it... You start the dismantling/rebuilding on day damn one.

-Bill

Cntrygal
10-27-2011, 08:48 PM
And what's the next step?

"The Bills have clinched a home Wild Card game...to be played at the Roger's Center..."

:ill:

Extremebillsfan247
10-28-2011, 01:51 AM
The Bills are 0-3 in regular-season games at Toronto ... ouch. That is why I'm concerned about the Washington game. It's not that the Bills are not good enough to beat them because they are. But Toronto just isn't a good place for this team to play football games. JMO