Bills Bust a Gem for Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Bills Bust a Gem for Jets

Aaron Maybin was a first-round draft bust for the Buffalo Bills. He’s a free-agent gem for the New York Jets. The Bills waived Maybin in A...

You gotta be kidding me.
  • sqad5
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills Bust a Gem for Jets

hahaha
    >

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Sooooo,laughable
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

I read the title and thought it was similar to "Bust a Nut" and I was confused.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
          • Sep 2003

This guy makes handful of plays and now he's so awesome? There are still UDFA's that play rings around this guy.

PTR
          10 Commandments of the D
          1. Never stop Rocking.
          2. Legalize all drugs.
          3. Quit your day job.
          4. All Religion should be taxed.
          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
          6. F**k her gently.
          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Who cares. He had a zillion chances with us and never did anything. If he goes somewhere else and has success so be it.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I hope he holds out.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Give this some time before lowering your heads.

Some young guys get it right away while others tend to take years to really develop-then some don't trigger at all. Its the way of the NFL.

Besides, he was given ample opportunity. He didn't even practice well in Buffalo. Maybin was all around Crap with a capital C and I'm not too sure he hasn't just had some weak string of luck recently.

Let's not forget that the last team to cut this jack hole wasn't the Buffalo Bills, it was the New York Jets. The Jets had an injury, were backed into a corner and rolled the dice a second time. They've been lucky with the results thus far but there is a long season ahead of us. I think the old Maybin will materialize once more - but if not, who really gives a "F"? I'm glad he's gone he was an absolute waste of space and capital.
                Last edited by RedEyE; 10-27-2011, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                  Give this some time before lowering your heads.

Some young guys get it right away while others tend to take years to really develop-then some don't trigger at all. Its the way of the NFL.

Besides, he was given ample opportunity. He didn't even practice well in Buffalo. Maybin was all around Crap with a capital C and I'm not too sure he hasn't just had some weak string of luck recently.

Let's not forget that the last team to cut this jack hole wasn't the Buffalo Bills, it was the New York Jets. The Jets had an injury, were backed into a corner and rolled the dice a second time. They've been lucky with the results thus far but there is a long season ahead of us. I think the old Maybin will materialize once more - but if not, who really gives a "F"?
                  I do.

Why?

Because if he continues to be successful, it means one of two things: either that lazy bum didn't work hard enough when he was here, or our coaches failed to utilize/recognize his talent. Both of those are inexcusable.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I do.

Why?

Because if he continues to be successful, it means one of two things: either that lazy bum didn't work hard enough when he was here, or our coaches failed to utilize/recognize his talent. Both of those are inexcusable.
                    Is it on the coaches to hit the field and execute too? It's an obvious lack of work ethic. He had even lost the respect of his teamates around him. How much time do you give a guy to pull his head out of his ass and live up to the standard he projected and the pay he demanded?

Would you rather the guy be sucking up a roster spot and milking a pay check with the hopes that one day, somewhere down the road, he will finally get it?

He had his chances and blew it. The Bills coaching staf gave him ample opportunity and he blew it. He was getting outplayed by the practice squad.

And, again, let's not forget the Jets caned this guy too. And let's not forget that Ryan, the same guy that's praising him today, also openly criticized Maybin's abilites some 2 short months ago before cutting him.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      Is it on the coaches to hit the field and execute too? It's an obvious lack of work ethic. He had even lost the respect of his teamates around him. How much time do you give a guy to pull his head out of his ass and live up to the standard he projected and the pay he demanded?

Would you rather the guy be sucking up a roster spot and milking a pay check with the hopes that one day, somewhere down the road, he will finally get it?

He had his chances and blew it. The Bills coaching staf gave him ample opportunity and he blew it. He was getting outplayed by the practice squad.

And, again, let's not forget the Jets caned this guy too. And let's not forget that Ryan, the same guy that's praising him today, also openly criticized Maybin's abilites some 2 short months ago before cutting him.
                      No, I'd rather the guy either had the work ethic here that he has with the Jets, or that our coaches found a way to motivate him.

If it's on Maybin, and not on the coaches, so be it, but if that's the case, then **** him. He screwed us over.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        No, I'd rather the guy either had the work ethic here that he has with the Jets, or that our coaches found a way to motivate him.

If it's on Maybin, and not on the coaches, so be it, but if that's the case, then **** him. He screwed us over.
                        Agreed.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

From what I read and heard living around here, he did not lack work ethic, he worked hard while here.

Remember, this is not all on the coaches, it's not all on Maybin. Certain players just don't work well in certain situations or defensive styles. Should the Bills coaches have changed their whole defensive philosophy to tailor it to a guy who only plays a few plays a game?

I remember an old Bill who was decent before he came, was great when he came and slipped into obscurity when he left. Bryce Paup. Won a defensive player of the year award. Now some of why he declined was injury, but his style was tailor made for that defense.
                          Last edited by chernobylwraiths; 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                            From what I read and heard living around here, he did not lack work ethic, he worked hard while here.

Remember, this is not all on the coaches, it's not all on Maybin. Certain players just don't work well in certain situations or defensive styles. Should the Bills coaches have changed their whole defensive philosophy to tailor it to a guy who only plays a few plays a game?
                            well, in an ideal world, our coaches shouldn't have drafted a 225 lb defensive end, and many people- including myself- said that on or before draft day in 2009. Lucky for us the people responsible for that decision are no longer with the team, but if we're going to play the "what if" hindsight game, this is where the problem started.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Maybe we'll get 240 pound lineman soon that can "really" play, LOL. This guy is one dogpile away from being crippled, you wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X